15 years helping Australian businesses

About Aladtec

A flexible, subscription-based employee scheduling system created specifically for public safety agencies, including 100+ EMS systems.

Learn more about Aladtec

Pros:

The only thing better than the user-friendly interface is the customer service.

Cons:

It's pretty difficult to make your schedule. Once you pick a day, you're stuck with it even if the schedule isn't finalized.

Aladtec ratings

4.0
4.5
4.3
4.6

8.1/10

Aladtec has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 13 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used Aladtec before?

US

Best Management Tool Around.

Comments: I have been using Aladtec for staff scheduling, and other workforce management tasks, for ten years. I’ve introduced it in every service where I’ve been a Director. I have used other systems but Aladtec is by far the best. This system stands out because it is great for both admin and field staff. Many systems are easy for the admin staff to run, because that’s who the provider is selling the software to, but the member users hate it because it is hard to use or not intuitive. Aladtec however, is easy to use and intuitive for all; it takes almost no hands-on training to get new users up and running. Aladtec and their team are some of the best that I have ever delt with in any industry. truly a company and product worth the time to check out. It has in every situation cut operation costs significantly. Pays for it self in no time whatsoever. I highly recommend these products to anyone who really wants to streamline their company and the day-to-day operations.

Pros:

Several reasons in no particular order. Customer support, Aladtec understands what each user needs individually and did not sell me a cut and paste/one size fits some kind of product. I have had some complicated truck and schedule rotations that were advanced and many other systems could not handle what I was needing. Since Aladtec built each system for me from the ground up it gave me everything I needed and nothing that I did not. Next was the ease of use for admin and staff. Aladtec is intuitive and takes little to no training for users to be up and running. The reporting section was next. I had to have detailed reports for many different items, and Aladtec gave me or made for me every report that I needed every time. They also have a forms section where I can make complicated forms very easy. I am not a computer programmer but with the form tool you would never know that. I have several check off sheets, employee evaluations,

Cons:

None whatsoever. Aladtec and their products are the best around.

Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Crew schedule and management of personnel for shift work at Fire department

Pros:

The mobile version of this website has had a huge boost in improvement since its first renditions. It is fairly easy to navigate each individual page and management personnel from the phone.

Cons:

I don't like that I can no longer see my available hours for PTO, trade, or sick time. I thought that having the feature available in My Info page would be a nice added bonus. Also we I apply for time off it would be nice if the program warned me if the time requested would put me over the allocated time I have. This may have been a feature my admin has disabled but I think it should be a mandatory field.

5 years ago

Dear Aladtec user. Thanks for taking the time to post a review. The function to display available hours for PTO, trade, etc., is enabled or disabled by your system administrator. We'd encourage you to speak with them about restoring Members' ability to utilize this Aladtec feature. Our Support team will be happy to help anytime. Reach them at #888.749.5550.

Public Safety, 51–200 Employees

Web-Based scheduling makes it easy to check my schedule from anywhere.

Comments: We have recently switched over from a Pay-Per-Call to Part-Time Fire Department. We use Aladtec to sign up for and schedule or shifts and training. It's easy to sign up for a shift and to check upcoming shifts. I also love that the system sends me a text notification 24 hours before my next shift. That has saved my butt when I had signed up for an earlier shift than I intended to and had not noticed my mistake. When I received the reminder alert, I was able to solve the problem with admin.

Pros:

Web-based makes it easy to use from anywhere. I can log in on my phone, or at any computer, I am at either at the Fire Station or at home. The interface is fairly intuitive, nothing seems too complicated. Easy to sign up for shifts and initiate trade requests. Text alerts for upcoming shifts is very handy as well.

Cons:

We need to hit a certain number for hours each quarter. It would be nice if the option was available to see the total number of hours worked or scheduled to work for a certain timeframe.

5 years ago

Dear Reviewer. Thanks for taking time to share opinions about Aladtec. In response to your query about a members' ability to view hours worked- or scheduled, information for the current schedule period can be viewed on the Scheduled Shifts tab at the top of the member display. Also, your administrator can grant permission for you to generate customized reports yourself. Our Support team will be happy to help anytime. Reach them at #888.749.5550.

Amanda
Nurse Manager in US

Love this scheduling program

Comments: This is our first computer scheduling software, we went from paper to this software. The transition was super easy and our staff love how easy it is to use.

Pros:

This software is easy to use, my staff is able to sign up for shifts on their own for self scheduling. This takes most of the work off of me as the manager. The staff is able to have 24/7 access to their schedule. Nursing admin and charge nurses are able to edit schedule in real time. This software is super user friendly.

Cons:

When editing the schedule there are a lot of clicks involved. It would be nice to be able to schedule a staff member days at a time instead of just one day at a time.

Jeanne
Administrative Coordinator in US
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Review of Demo of Aladtec

Comments: This would be a great problem solver for our spreadsheet and paper-based time and attendance system. However, I couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't very easy to set up. There are a lot of other offices that I spoke with that gave them a very high review. Maybe our time and attendance system is just too complicated for software. Don't let this discourage you. Please check them out and decide for yourself.

Pros:

This software is very versatile for the public sector, specifically law enforcement. I demoed this software for the Jail Division of our Sheriff's Office. It does have every feature that we need. We can set it up specifically for our office to include comp time, shift switches, and tracking work assignments.

Cons:

It was a bit complicated to figure out from the administrator side. I was having trouble with it and I don't normally have trouble with setting up software. This was a major road block for me. If I don't get it...my people won't get it. I would constantly have been on the phone with tech support and never sure of myself with this software.

5 years ago

Hi Jeanne. Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We're sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience with our demo. The software is very flexible and thus can be challenging to configure for the first time. That's why we prefer to work together with customers (and prospects) to help make that process painless. We offer unlimited free phone and email support and usually once we get the configuration right, the ongoing usage isn't complicated at all. We'd really appreciate it if you'd give us another chance, and this time let us help you with that configuration. I have a feeling that once that's done, you and your members will have smooth sailing. Please give us a call at 888.749.5550. Thanks again.

Leslie
chief nursing officer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

User friendly and customizable

Comments: We spent an excessive amount of time changing and managing the schedule. Aladtec has taken a significant amount of that off the supervisors plates and given the staff more of a say in their work lives.

Pros:

We went from a paper system to atladtec. It has cut the hours spent scheduling and fixing the schedule by 2/3. The staff can find thier own coverage and trade or give shifts away. I like that you can customize so much in this system.

Cons:

You cannot block schedule from view of managers when it is unpublished. So when it is in the tentative phase the charge nurses can see and make changes. This creates a problem.

Sara
Emergency Room Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Easy Functionality

Comments: This scheduling program is easy to use and can also help to keep staff certifications organized if you utilize that piece of the program,

Pros:

It makes it easy for staff to sign up and giveaway shifts. Its nice that is sends out notifications when coverage is needed.

Cons:

When trying to place an extra staff member on a shift it can be a little difficult but for the most part is really easy program to use.

Paramedic in US

A great employee management program with exceptional service

Pros:

The only thing better than the user-friendly interface is the customer service. The few times I have called correct answers came quickly. The friendly staff has very little turnover and if they say they will call you back, they do. They are also always open to ideas for new features and work hard to constantly improve the product. Updates (always free) to the software are timely and do not interrupt any users or functionality.

Cons:

In 7 years we have never had a problem or unpleasant experience.

Amber
RN in US

LCMC Aladtec review

Pros:

It is easy to use and navigate. The employees love being able to self schedule.

Cons:

There really is nothing that I dislike about this product.

Della
Nursing Executive Assistant in US

Review

Pros:

This program is easy to navigate through.

Cons:

i don' t have any issues with the program.

Lynette
RN in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Needs some help with user friendly options.

Pros:

I love the daily summary. It's a quick look at who's working and in what departments.

Eric
Chief
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: I wanted to say how impressed our department has been with using EMS Manager for our private ambulance service. The time it takes to create a daily schedule can be so time consuming-people wanting time off, not able to work, or knowing availability. Being a small agency allowing people the ability to request when they can work from a computer, phone etc.-makes it easier to write a schedule and maintain coverage. The other cool feature is the ability to take a few steps and mass text or mass email all member with a few clicks-making communication so easy!!

Ryan
System Tech. in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Aladtec for your Scheduling Needs

Comments: I enjoyed the software, but I believe there are some better options out there.

Pros:

Aladtec offers a full suite of scheduling software that is based in the cloud. You are able to schedule time off, view schedules, and respond to real-time requests for OT. The system is really great for going paperless. They have a large staff and are willing to accommodate/troubleshoot quickly. They are a little on the expensive side, but they back the up with development on the software side.

Cons:

It is hard to read graphically. It can be hard to understand.