Rentec Direct Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About Rentec Direct

Property management software for private landlords and professional managers with 10 - 5,000 properties. Free 14-day trial.

Learn more about Rentec Direct

Dixie C.
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Amazing Solution!"

Comments: Overall Rentec increases the profitability of my company immensely. It allows me to automate and streamline many activities that both save time and improve accuracy. Their support team is very responsive and always happy to help walk me through any questions I may have on an entry I've made.

Pros: Rentec is very user-friendly. It's functionality is laid out well and it offers modern integrations such as online rent collection, pay owner by ACH, and electronic signatures for lease agreements. I also am impressed with their customer service. They are always very prompt and helpful.

Cons: I wish they offered a mobile app for property managers.

by Rentec Direct on 06/01/2020

Thank you for the glowing review, Carlotti! We love hearing from clients about how they enjoy their tools. I'll be sure to share your love with your Client Success team. :)

Wishing you a successful & happy New Year!

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Michael K.
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Come for the website capabilities, stay for the value"

Pros: I switched to this software from another, $10/month cheaper software. Rentec's software is really easy to use. You don't need accounting or business knowledge to operate this software. It is really easy to use. I switched to Rentec so I could have my listings automatically populate on my website (tired of manually entering them on website by Wix). Tenants can also apply electronically from website, and log in to view their tenant or owners portal. The features for the tenants are quite nice, and make my company look professional and modern. The accounting features are great, and paying property owners is a breeze. I had little accounting knowledge when I migrated to this property, and everything makes sense. The auto syndication features are amazing, straight to Zillow and its affiliates overnight.

Cons: I have to be honest, I'm complaining about a free feature, but my least favorite part of the software is the website in which I migrated to Rentec for. If I try to edit my website and add items that are not on the template, my website has major HTML coding issues and will not publish properly. The visual appearance of my website thru Rentec is subpar considering what I had before. That said, I could not get the functionality I needed from my old website, and I will sacrifice appearance for functionality. I actually learned HTML coding so I could add a contact us field on my website, but I couldn't save the website with HTML coding. Another item I dislike, although it's more a feature I don't use as opposed to an issue with Rentec, is there are so many redundancies when it comes to the tenant. I plug in their email and name, and that should be all for my purposes. But I have to manually go in and authorize them to receive emails from me. And then authorize them access to the tenants portal. And authorize them to make partial payments, and so on.

by Rentec Direct on 06/05/2019

Thank you, Michael, for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that the majority of your experience with Rentec has been so positive. We're happy you're with us!

Adjusting source code on the free website template can throw things for a loop if one character is off, so we typically recommend only website designers adjust it. I would love to see what we can do to assist you with what you're hoping to accomplish on your template. Look for my email! :) If you do opt for a privately hosted website with more flexibility, we offer integration tools for your listings and portals.

We look forward to working with you and please reach out if you need our help.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2019
Shana a. M.
Property Manager & Consultant
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Can't recommend this to everyone."

Comments: Honestly, I would switch to another company if I could, but I have too much data in, and am too busy to go through a transfer now, and all of the hassles that would entail. I think Rentec may be a good option if you have only a few units, and very simple accounting, and are looking for a budget product, or have some familiarity with accounting and property management software, so you really don't need the support.

Pros: So it is very affordable, and some of the software is pretty simple to set up. They are continuing to add support articles and more functionality.

Cons: Functionality, especially in the accounting area is limited. No ability to select "classes". You have to find work arounds for things that you shouldn't have to. The support team is of little support. I have email chains with OVER 15 EMAILS AND THE QUESTION STILL HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED. It is difficult to reach anyone when you call most times, so you are relegated to chat/email, and often my main question or issue is NEVER actually answered. I still have issues from my first month, and I am now in month six, that are unanswered. Many of the things I have learned, were from hours of trial and error. If they are not going to have a free support option that is actually helpful, then they at least need to offer a paid option. There is also a big gap in the merchant processing area. Their processor, Forte, often sends you back to Rentec, and Rentec sends you back to Forte, and the pricing of the merchant options is not clear or transparent until you get your bill.

by Rentec Direct on 18/05/2020

We're sorry to hear you got off on a bad foot and your experience has been so different than other client feedback we hear. I will reach out to you personally as I would love to help clear up any confusion.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Ellie M.
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2017

"An outstanding management tool!"

Comments: I was on RentPost previously. From that experience, I learned the hard way that while a website may make boasts of great software, if there is no Customer Support or strong Development group behind it, the user experience can be time-consuming and difficult. Converting to Rentec Direct allowed me to free up a lot of time that I formerly spent trying to fix issues caused by the software. I am so pleased with the quality of Rentec's Customer Support and Development teams.

Pros: 1. Customer Support is excellent. There is great help on the Chat window and when that isn't available, phone support is great. 2. Easy to use. Once I got familiar with the system, it became a slam-dunk to manage monthly rent collection and on-time lease renewals. Training was great so I got up to speed quickly. 3. Tenants like it. Ease of use applies to tenants also. Rent reminders and late notices are clear and tenants have no problem working with the system. Rentec takes that burden off my desk. And tenants love the ACH and credit card options. 4. Software works as advertised. The Development team has built a solid product.

Cons: It would be nice to have a reporting tool that allowed me to create my own reports. Owner reporting is not very elegant as it is today.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2017
Courtney H.
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Awesome help"

Pros: This software is very easy to use, and it offers all that I need to make managing our properties easy. The customer service and tech support is amazing. The support team has been very helpful several times in guiding me through some of the technical aspects of the software that have made things run more efficiently for our daily flow. I felt very capable of using this software after having the training provided over the phone.

Cons: There are a couple of things that I would like to see Rentec Direct offer in the future. However, I love how it has a suggestion area which lets me know that some improvements or upgrades are in the works or are being considered.

by Rentec Direct on 29/04/2019

Thank you, Courtney! We are grateful for your business and happy to hear you're still feeling & sharing the Rentec love after being part of the family for over a year. Stand by for some great feature releases happening this year!

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Denise O.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Rentec Direct is very user friendly and support is always available and excellent!"

Comments: I would have and HAVE recommended RenTec Direct to other Property Management Companies.

Pros: RenTec Direct Software is extremely user-friendly and so easy to use. I am not very computer literate and I was able to teach myself the program. When I have a problem or question or something out of the ordinary comes up I just call support team and is there so helpful, friendly and personable. That definitely helps when your stressed and need help with your software!

Cons: There are a few things that I would change regarding some of the reports, however, they have been adding and changing things daily so I do not really have many cons.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Melodie B.
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"This company is amazing"

Comments: I have used them for 9 years. I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros: The software is easy to learn, use. The people are very nice. Very good for the money. They have thought of everything.

Cons: Online payment could be easier to use. The app for the phone should be for managers as well. Pay checks should be easier to do.

by Janell on 21/02/2019

Melodie! Thank you for the kudos and for being a faithful Rentec client for so many years. And good news! We're rolling out a manager app this year and you'll love it. We've also updated the online payment tools since you came on board and they are very user-friendly now. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Denise O.
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"I Love Rentec Direct."

Comments: I am not a computer savvy person and I found Rentec to be super user friendly!

Pros: I like the customer service and how they can remote into my computer. I am a visual person and being able to be talked through what I need to do while doing it is extremely helpful!

Cons: There are a few things that could be changed with the software but they aren't major issues. Just things that would be more helpful to me while creating certain reports.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Al F.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2016

"Does the Job"

Comments: We have a small property business with only 25 units, so we do not need a killer application. Rentec Direct has proven to be a nice fit in terms of functionality as well as financially. Entering data is very easy and the application provides several different ways to view the data so that analyses are quick and to the point.

Pros: The price is right, but so is the functionality. I am not sure how well this application would work for an operation that had several hundred units, but for our small business it seems to be good. It saves us a great deal of time and enables us to be more productive by allowing us to assess our expenses per property quickly and accurately.

Cons: At times, we have to sort of figure out how to get the output we want. Some of the pages use terms that do not always seem intuitive, but this is really not a major issue.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2016
Summer W.
Assistant
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Great program that meets expectations"

Comments: Working through Rentec Direct to meet our property management needs has been a wonderful experience.

Pros: Ease of use and customer service/knowledge base.

Cons: Needs a main email location to check emails that were sent to everyone - tenants and vendors.

by Rentec Direct on 29/05/2019

We're so happy to hear you're having a great experience with us, Summer! Be sure to check out the Summary Page Quick Access Link in the lower left corner as it does contain a Mailbox showing all the outgoing emails and text messages to tenants, vendors and owners.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2019
C D.
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2016

"Everything I needed"

Pros: It was easy to set up, and it's easy to use. I can easily pick and choose how much or how little of the program elements I want to use. It has plenty of report and tracking options, and provided lots of room for growth.

Cons: Really don't have any complaints. I wanted a way to compare properties profitability to one another and it doesn't do that. But I don't know that any of the rental property software out there does.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2016
Yohan C.
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"Great product easy to use"

Comments: Overall it’s a great product that definitely makes managing properties much easier.

Pros: The product has a lot of cool features such as allowing me to create a website through the software.

Cons: You can’t pull a profit and loss statement from the software or a comprehensive accounting statement that I can give to my accountant

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Scott D.
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2020

"Rentec Review"

Comments: Very Good

Pros: Basically most everything. Software is great and very comprehensive. The support is very good as well.

Cons: The only thing I have run into that has been an issue is that when I generate a report, then select to send that report via the email icon to an email address, I do not have any record showing I sent that to the address. No copy of that email anywhere in Rentec. I can check a box to copy the mail to myself when I send it, but when I get it, it does not show it sent to the other email address, just to me. Rentec support suggested I send the copy of the report out of my own mail account so I have the record. I can do that, but it is more time consuming.
Not a big deal, but just wanted to give you the feedback.

by Rentec Direct on 21/01/2020

Hey Scott! Thanks for your feedback! We sure appreciate knowing how your program is working well for you and what you'd like to see enhanced. I'll make sure our development team is in the loop. In the meantime, have you tried sending out a report to a vendor, tenant or Property Owner directly through their email folder? If you do, those emails are currently captured in the master log and the individual log.

Reach out to us if you ever need help!

• Reviewed on 14/01/2020
Joyce Y.
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2015

"Rentec Direct Review Happy Happy"

Pros: As a property manager for the last 7 years I have used several different systems. My company recently purchased RenTec Direct and I love it!! It's the most user friendly straight forward software I have used. Being experienced in property management procedures I was able to jump right in and understand the program with very little studying of tutorials or calls to support.
They have practically thought of everything; every report you need to have, a toggle over so you can read the description of every function, all the information you need about your account on each screen you use to enable to complete the task without searching elsewhere. It quickly feels like an old friend.

Cons: So far I have not found anything I really dislike at all. They remove the quick start guide after 30 days, I could have used that a little longer and an easy way to search for the more complicated report information I need would also help.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2015
Paul C.
Construction
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2016

"It just works!"

Pros: Easy to navigate; fairly intuitive; has depth; can be up and running quickly; vendor is active in keeping product current and adding features; customer service dept is responsive via email.

Cons: Product seems geared more toward housing rentals than commercial rentals--I have to get creative when entering tenant info to get them to show up properly on the summary and deposit screens.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2016
Helene F.
GM
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2017

"The best and easy software."

Pros: Easy customization, easy to learn. Many reports available. I would recommend even for the person who is challenged on the computer!

• Reviewed on 19/10/2017
Tony O.
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2018

"Great for my needs"

Comments: Customer support has been superb!

Pros: I love the ease of use with this software. I own and manage 35 units and the features in rentec are perfect for my needs and it's affordable. I checked out several website based and desktop software and Rentec was the best fit for me

Cons: The biggest concern I can think of this system doesn't track my real estate loan . There is a work around for this but this would be a feature I would like to see.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Steve M.
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2017

"Awesome Customer Service"

Comments: I highly recommend Rentec to any property management company looking for a high value platform to run their company.

Pros: Learning new software is always a bit intimidating and time consuming. Rentec support has been available and extremely helpful answering my questions and guiding me.

Cons: Some of the FAQ's are outdated and need to be updated to reflect improvements done on the program. The FAQ instructions don't match up with the program.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2017
Marci P.
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2016

"Rental Management Made Simple"

Comments: At first we were skeptical that a software that you only paid $15 a month for could be anywhere close to useful, but as it began being used we were very surprised. It is very comprehensive and made managing the properties and tenants a piece of cake. From the marketing of the properties, to the screening of the tenants, to the tenant portal our life has been made easier though its use and we haven't even scratched the surface yet. Great customer service and reasonably priced add on services have rounded out the benefits of this product for our business. Highly recommended.

Pros: Very comprehensive product with a lot to use. But our favorites so far are summary screen with a list of to dos, marketing screens, tenant portal - especially the work orders, EasyPay ACH. Basics of the product are very easy to use.

Cons: Very comprehensive product with a lot to use. Some times finding features can be a little tricky. I have run into several just by exploring. RTD is communicating new features on a regular basis to make this easier!

• Reviewed on 07/10/2016
Kati T.
Property Manager/Owner
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2016

"Rentec Review"

Comments: The system makes it really easy to keep track of expenses per property as well as keeping track of rent payments and late fees. I would highly recommend this to other property owners as well as property management businesses.

Cons: If you make an error in the accounting it's a little hard to repair. I would like an option to edit or either delete a transaction or be able to make a note and remove from the accounting error.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2016
Patti H.
Realtor/Property Manager
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Rentec Direct PM Software"

Comments: Ease of use and features are great so far!

Pros: Rent Collection for tenants to pay online, Marketing features and Credit/Background Checks will be very helpful!

Cons: Only been using for a few days so none so far. I will know as I utilize the software the areas most important including customer service.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Lyn R.
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2015

"Rentec Direct"

Pros: I've used a couple of rental programs and really like this one. It does everything i need, with simplicity. they have great customer service too. and the price is most reasonable.

Cons: I have no complaints

• Reviewed on 06/08/2015
Keith L.
Owner / Manager
Commercial Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2017

"Great support and easy to use"

Comments: Rentecdirect has been great to work with. There were very helpful before setting up my account and have continued to be very responsive when I have questions or even suggestions for new features. As with anything new, it takes a little bit of time to learn all the features and how to navigate around, but it's well worth the time it saves later on.

Pros: Has greatly simplified my record keeping and lease process. The EasyPay option for online rent payments works great along with the online application process.

Cons: The con to using any cloud or online based software is not having the ability to work on anything when without Internet connectivity.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2017
Jeff C.
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2016

"Rent Tec Direct"

Comments: I reviewed two property management software programs and found RentTec Direct as superior.

Pros: User Interface, easy to learn.

Cons: Don't get a break on the add-ins until you reach 5o units.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2016