Lightspeed Retail Reviews

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5

About Lightspeed Retail

This cloud-based POS centralizes inventory management, employee management, sales reporting & accounting across locations and channels.

Learn more about Lightspeed Retail

Freelancer
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2021

"The Point of Sale solution"

Comments: Overall, the software does a great job in helping Accountants, managers and front liners in the Retail industry. What's great is that it integrates with ECommerce to be more efficient in selling your products out there, not just from the brick and mortar setup, but in the online as well.

Pros: I tinkered with this software and got ot know this from the inside and out. I like the functionalities as it allows you to break free from the spreadsheet and manual entry. Gone are the days of tallying and doing adjustments on a piece of paper. It has filter functions for reporting, it auto calculates taxes by assigning it in the initial setup, browser printing integration, you can conveniently import inventory from a csv file to your POS system and export those reports in a csv format. The hardware associated to it works seamlessly like the tablets, scanners, and printers. Although , it endorses Apple products, it works perfectly fine with Windows operating systems. It also has a companion product which is called Lightspeed Accounting that is comparable to Quickbooks

Cons: A few bugs are slowly being fixed as each maintenance and update is released, just like any other software. Although workarounds can be done to remedy it, but you'd have to seek assistance from Tech Support.

• Reviewed on 07/01/2021
Justin S.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2020

"Best decision we ever made"

Comments: The experience has been fantastic. The support staff and sales team have been great. The ease of use is something very special compared to their competition. It has allowed our business to prosper in these uncertain times.

Pros: Being able to always be connected to our point of sale via my phone or computer, no matter where I am has been crucial. With Lightspeed being cloud based, I can work from anywhere I want. I am able to ring up customers on my phone if needed, create purchase orders from trade shows, and stay connected to customers at all times.

Cons: There aren't any real issues that we have had with Lightspeed. They are continuing to improve the workflow with Lightspeed eCom which will only make the overall package even better.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2020
Ronald C.
Service Writer
Maritime, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2021

"Have been using CDK for many years for Maintience & Repair set opp DMS system."

Comments: Over all, I have always liked to way the system has operated, The functions and the data inputting controls are easier than most other DMS systems that i have tried.

Pros: I have always like the way the system is produced from the Service personnel's prospective & The way CDK tries to customize the product for each of the specific user's or Locations.

Cons: I think this system could be improved by having the ability to communicate with & Be programed with available patches to adapt the system to communicate and share info with all other outside vendor's and the coinciding systems that they use.
Every company will have separate systems all that are needed for what type of Service it provides. - IE.
*( Scheduling a Boat's launch for Valet Service or for Spring launch of boats for pickups ect. )
*( A customer Text communications program for Receiving, Sending or Monitoring text conversations ect.)
Each will always require some type of outside applications like those for that specific company to operate and function more efficiently over what is offered in any DMS System. I believe this to be true for all software DMS company's on the market & this is including light speed EVO.
Is it impossible to Make an Automotive or Marine type DMS system that all Info could be shared across to and back from any of The other software system types that are used externally?
I believe that would be a great benefit for any and all company's that need a DMS Fixed operations type Repair or Maintience operating systems.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2021
Chrysie R.
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Think beyond initial implementation"

Comments: We are aware that every system has something to complain about. Overall we are happy with performance and support from LightSpeed. It's reliable and with the small amount of problems we have we are pleased.

Pros: It's a relatively easy system to navigate. Permission settings are acceptable. Reporting is decent but all very basic unless you purchase Analytics. We use the software for multiple locations but keep separate inventories at each location. We can easily see inventory at other locations, transfer inventory from store to store effortlessly. Creating inventory items is easy as well as setting up pricing rules. Able to customize receipts, labels, and transfer paperwork with some HTML knowledge. Sales are smooth as well. Split payments are pretty easy and relatively intuitive.

Cons: No really good way to do rentals. We are a tennis shop and rent/demo racquets. We had to come up with our own solution. B2C eCom is great - and can use the existing inventory; we have it set up as a separate location so we can see all inventory across eCom and retail - until you want to add B2B. It's difficult and expensive to add B2B and have it work the same as eCom. We learned, much later, that we need to have a separate website, a separate database of inventory and we would not have visibility into this inventory from our retail or eCom side. Huge disappointment. The eCom module is not native to LS. They purchased the product and have integrated it into LS - so their APIs won't even allow you to have that visibility. Support is good for the most part. Simple things, but, holy smokes the printing!!! First, you have to use Firefox to get the printing to work at all. But Firefox constantly loses the printer default settings. So swithching printers throughout the day between labels, transfers, receipts...causes Firefox to throw up allover the printer settings. This happens daily, sometimes several times during the day. It's ridiculous. Support doesn't give a good answer - they tell us to follow the documentation. But that doesn't fix anything. Many times during the day we have to go back into the Firefox configuration and reset the default printer. Painful.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2021
Michael G.
Store Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2020

"Great system for all small businesses"

Comments: Excellent experience with Lightspeed, I would recommend this platform to any small or medium sized business.

Pros: Lightspeed is very user friendly and easy to teach employees how to use it. The reporting is top-notch and they even can help you create custom reports which was very important to us. Customer service is excellent and always very responsive.

Cons: It would be great if it came with a built in CRM or integrated with one like Salesforce. It's great for franchisees, as a small business, but for the franchisor it may not have all the functionality needed to roll it out to the entire corporate system.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2020
Donna A.
Consultant
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2020

"Easy to build, train and implement"

Comments: I worked with other POS systems in the past and find Lightspeed much more user friendly than the others. You can build your menu in literally a few hours and the flexibility is amazing! I have not come across a single scenario in the build that isn't already addressed within the system. And the video tutorials are well done, explaining processes step by step,
The technical support team are quick to respond and follow through issues to resolution. I recommended Lightspeed to two colleagues already and will continue to share my positive experiences with others.

Pros: *Ability to build system at any location
*Ease of use
*Well produced self help videos
*Ability to delete mistakes
*Helpful technical support team
*Integration with Cloudbeds

Cons: The end of day closing process is not as clear as it could be

• Reviewed on 28/10/2020
Owner | Webmaster | SysAdmin | Research & Development
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Solid eCommerce Platform"

Comments: I currently use both Lightspeed eCom & Retail (Omni-channel). This helps our retail store and online store stay synced and makes life easier for employees. Now, all POS sales and eCom sales are in one platform that is easy to use for our employees. If a customer purchases an item in our retail store, ecommerce inventory stays updated.

Pros: I really like that I am able to customize our website and integrate third party apps & APIs easily. And the customer service, the customer service is top notch! Through migration and implementation, the Lightspeed team was right there. At a moment's notice, I can chat with the team or give them a call. Although I may be a one-woman tech team, I have help! It's such a blessing to have a support team for our business. It has been easy to integrate all of our business critical resources and provide a more unified experience for our employees. Employees can access customer data, order data, shipping data, marketing data and product data in one platform. I've been able to customize our store template to our specific business needs and design requirements. It's been a developer's dream.

Cons: My main dislike is that I don't have FTP access to my files on LS servers. This would be extremely helpful to optimize our images as needed. I also would like to upload customer data myself. At this time, to upload customer data in bulk, I have to send the data to Lightspeed for import. More options for discounts and coupons would be helpful - BOGO, Buy 2 Get One, or FREE Shipping codes based on domestic addresses only (not international).

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Nathan K.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"Lightspeed is among the best POS platforms for growing businesses"

Comments: Lightspeed has proven to be an extremely stable POS system for our usage. Downtime has been extremely minimal and Lightspeed support teams are always able to get us back up and running quickly--often before the operating hours of our stores. With the stability of the software and the advanced insights into sales trends, we are able to understand our merchandising and inventory needs at a much more granular level. This ensures that we aren't wasting dollars on excessive inventory that is difficult to sell. We are also able to focus on the operational aspects of the business since the software has been so stable and reliable for us.

Pros: The sales tools are very easy to understand and enable us to train new employees quickly on the software. The software also makes managing multiple store locations easy and centralizes order and vendor information for our product managers to use across the company and analytics and insights that the software provides is essential to master the merchandising and inventory needs of our store.

Cons: While Lightspeed offers excellent analytics tools and integrations, most of them come at an additional cost which may be a deterrent for smaller businesses. If you aren't planning on investing a great deal of effort into the growth of your business (i.e. more locations or omnichannel sales) than you may be better served with another option. Also, while there are several integrations and API connections available for the system without designing custom solutions, some POS systems offer greater scalability and integrations with software like third-party e-commerce management tools. When moving away from Lightspeed's products for solutions such as this, costs can quickly add up.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Justin R.
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2019

"Happy Bike Shop Owner"

Comments: Lightspeed has been great to work with. The training provided after purchase was great. On going customer support has been phenomenal.

Pros: Really like the cloud based flexibility. Also love the syncing ability with most of my main vendors for importing purchase orders.

Cons: Only con is the fear of web being down or my local internet service not working and if that is the case not being able to run my store. This is has never been and actual issue though.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2019
Sean J.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"After Two Years - Lightspeed Remains The Best In All Categories"

Comments: Lightspeed has literally saved us 20-30 hours per week. It connects and communicates well with all of our other systems; including accounting and loyalty platforms.
Their customer and technical support have been extraordinary and have exceeded our expectations. In fact, I think their technical support is the best not just in the point of sale industry but any industry. I find myself wishing other vendors I work with had the same level of support and professionalism.
Lightspeed also listens to their customers; this is evident by requests made in their support area. They actually respond to every request.
As a small business owner, we worry about many things. Lightspeed is not one of them!

Pros: After two other point of sale systems; and after two years using Lightspeed, it is by far the best in all categories.
We had two previous POS systems that fell short in comparison to Lightspeed. Part of our success with Lightspeed is that after two previous point of sale systems; we knew what we really needed and the right questions to ask during the sales process. We submitted specific questions in writing. All of our questions we answered in detail in less than 24-Hours. The sales team knows their products and knew my industry. In fact, most of our distributors catalogs are already pre-loaded into their system.
The transition from our other popular POS was relatively easy, especially in comparison to our previous transition. The Lightspeed team was always there to help and even anticipated needs before I knew them. The inventory system and purchase order system work well.

Cons: The only limitation we have with Lightspeed in related to the fact that we sell a lot of items by weight. This does not create a significant problem for us; but having bulk items accounted for in inventory would be a nice to have. We would love an integrated scale capability. The Lightspeed team was more than willing to help us set up our system to sell bulk items; it works better than another other POS we looked at.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Ernest B.
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2018

"Best Decision I have made for my company!!"

Pros: The features we wanted and needed in or software and love about Lightspeed are:
100% Cloud based solution
True Omni Channel environment
Streamlined processes
Extremely well written software and Knowledge base
Ability to upload vendor price list, descriptions to Lightspeed All of our vendors information is at our finger tips, before we would have to hunt or go looking for this information now it’s just there.
Growing a retail business today can be done with lightspeed, since they have thought out whole process, and added a robust interface of features
A seamless connection to QuickBooks online.
We went out and reviewed, demoed almost 20 POS vendors some that were more specific to our industry and some that weren't and the boiled it down to 3 for all of our staff to review since they were going to be using the software daily and focused on the employee that has the most stress related to their respective job and targeted it first and secondly everyone else
We had to have 24/7 support
The most important feature we needed was it had to empower our team thru the business model we run and grow the team in all aspects of our business

Cons: It took a lot of time to get the information together from our 30+ year old company to go over to lightspeed platform from our old systems, and it was quite a chore for a small company. And not all of our information could come over in the initial installation lightspeed was somewhat limited, we could not bring our customers history and vendor history either. Reporting could be better and should be included with the base product, you will at some point "have to have the reports add-on" it is however an amazing extension on the base product. You have to have a good internet connection since you will be using a 100% Cloud based product, and you will have to have a backup internet connection, so you are always connected.
We went out and reviewed, demoed almost 20 POS vendors some that were more specific to our industry and some that weren't and the boiled it down to 3 for all of our staff to review. We focused on the employee that gets the most stress with their respective job and targeted it first and secondly everyone else and Lightspeed has done this.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2018
Amit M.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2017

"Excellent software for growing businesses."

Comments: Overall the software is amazing and the good outweighs the bad and a tested about 10 different PoS softwares when I was shopping around and none of them encompass everything I have mentioned so i know my expectations are very high....which is why I state again...if they added in these features it would make them industry leaders and really a phenomenal PoS system. (its 90% of the way there for me...just a few more features and if would be the best)

Pros: The integration with xero accounting has been a true time saver for my business. It transfers all sales data at the end of the day seamlessly so I don't have to. The ability to use the front end off site has been super helpful as well as it doesn't tie me down to the store and I can do a lot of my work on the go. Creating products, invoicing clients, setting up the main screen custom to what I want is extremely simple once you run through it once.

Cons: Theres a few simple features that are missing from the PoS software which I would like to see integrated and would make it hands down the best in the industry for small businesses.
1) Getting an integrated payment terminal that accepts chip, pay pass and swipe options would avoid any mistakes between manually punching in the amounts on the debit/credit machine and would avoid any back end work after the day closes to be able to balance the day
2) Allowing me to enter the details of the invoices (supplier name, invoice number, total amount being paid, gst, pst, etc.) that are being paid out on a daily basis and having that information transferred to xero would alleviate tons of paper work after the close of the day.
3) There is no way to pull out a month end statement for corporate clients that pay their account once a month. Checks have to be cross referenced manually with the bills that have been put on tab. You should be able to at the very least select which tab invoices are being paid from the list of invoices on the clients account. This would show which ones are outstanding at a glance rather than having to refer back to the paper invoices that the system creates.
4) A front facing screen to display pricing of items being charged, advertisements, and other information is something I have been asking for since day 1 (3 years now). And I would love to see this feature incorporated.
5) Having the ability to offer a discount for a bulk purchase is something that should be automatic.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2017
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2019

"Lightspeed at the speed of light!"

Comments: We have had a great experience with Lightspeed. It gives us the reports that we need to run the business efficiently. The waitstaff can easily take orders and payments without any problems.

Pros: Easy setup with great support from staff. Great reporting capability. Easy to set up users, products, etc. Great support staff who will help with any and all issues at any time. Can handle almost any need that a restaurant has.

Cons: Longer learning curve than some other systems but with practice is becomes easy to use.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2019
Michael M.
Owner, Philosopher
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2019

"Happy Customers."

Comments: I own Furniture and Blinds in Toronto, Canada, and have been a dedicated Lightspeed user for over a decade, back when you rolled out a now very-dated version of Lightspeed for Mac only. We just recently went from OnSite to the cloud and e-commerce solutions, and I am crossing my fingers that these deliver for us as the software has done in the past! I just wanted to write to express my sincere thanks to you and the team, as well as those who provided critical support (I forget their names at the moment) last week when we orchestrated the transition. I especially appreciated my reps willingness to engage with my many different questions as I contemplated the upgrade over a period of several months starting in March, his constant support as we moved forward with the purchase more recently, and finally his critical role helping expedite the process of transition over a period of five hours last week. I must also extend my most hearty thanks to the patient support team who guided me through the process. What a professional and courteous experience throughout -- Lightspeed really does set the gold standard in this regard. It is really incredible to receive this kind of care and support, especially from a Canadian company, and I just wanted to convey my sincere gratitude to you, and the rest of the team. We will continue to support you. 6/5 stars!!!

Pros: Love the cross-platform integration, cloud, and aesthetic!

Cons: The fact that we have to continue to pay more for upgrades, better themes, etc.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2019
Justin F.
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2013

Comments: We made the switch to Lightspeed, from Quickbooks, in 2011 during a major expansion of our 1000 sq ft retail clothing store. It was the perfect choice to meet our quickly growing needs for a better organized and more functional way to track inventory, make sales and view reports -- in fact, we really regretted not switching earlier! The easy to use POS screen made training our employees a breeze and ensures that sales data is captured completely and systematically for each transaction -- something we didn't have the ability to do when we were hand-typing each sales invoice in Quickbooks. Plus, the addition of integrated hardware (a barcode scanner, barcode label printer, cash drawer and receipt printer) accomplished even more than faster transaction time and more accurate inventory records -- it made our sales staff seem more professional and our customers feel more comfortable. Inventory tracking is one of the biggest strengths of this software. You can determine how much information you want to enter about each product, depending on what data you want to collect - multiple suppliers and costs, UPC codes, margins, related products and packaging... It was revolutionary for us to be able to know exactly what we have in inventory instead of confusing spreadsheets full of inconsistently described merchandise. We love that we can see detailed information about which products we have on the floor versus what's in storage, that we can quickly compare expenses with profits, and that we can create reorders and customer - specific orders with a couple of clicks. We also added the Lightspeed webstore when we switched to Lightspeed - and we're so happy that we did. We'd tried using several different platforms for an online shop, but kept running into the nagging issue of inventory maintenance since we were listing the same products online that were for sale in our brick-and-mortar shop. Lightspeed provides us with an integrated inventory for both stores, updating our database live, so that we never sell the same item twice. Products are easy to add to (or remove from) the webstore and web sales are easy to track. Plus we were able to do quite a bit of customization ourselves, adding both functionality and attractiveness to the existing template. We'd recommend that if you're going to use the Lightspeed web store, you work closely with a web developer who can help you get the most out of this great feature. Lightspeed customer service has been impeccable. They're fast, kind and very knowledgeable. Plus they really seem to care that you and your business succeed, with the help of their software. We'd recommend that you purchase the Maintenance Plan so that you get instant access to their support gurus. Totally worth it.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2013
Chris W.
Store Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"A real review"

Pros: 1. We have 4 stores, and with a shared inventory, it has made things simpler.
2. Lot's of small customizable menu's gives a range of flexibility.
3. The ability to use a POS from anywhere, on most platforms is amazing.
4. Support is also a key, and they have been great.
5. Super stable, in 2 years there have only been 2 times the server went down, and both were fixed in under 10 minutes.

Cons: 1. Building a Special order, and transferring it, is clunky, and hard to train staff on. It works, but could use some streamlining.
2. It uses a shared search, for all of the different tabs. So if you are trying to search for a just a labor type, you have to select labor, every line. Still works, just clunky.
3. Lastly, if you sell an item, not in inventory, there is only a yellow warning, at the top of the screen. would be better if it had a "are you sure" and a red warning.
All of this aside, the inventory, labor management, reporting, POS, Work Order, and PO to SO tracking, makes this so much easier.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Michelle E.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"Does exactly what it's meant to do"

Comments: Lightspeed as a POS for retail is great. When I started my position they were using a server based POS system which didn't work for the growth of the business to Amazon, Ebay and our two Shopify stores. I absolutely love lightspeed - they have great customer service and I know that if anything happens it will be fixed quickly. Highly recommend!

Pros: Easy to use and great customer service. Cannot ask for a better product

Cons: The one thing I wish this product would do is be able to run the custom fields we have in a report.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Garrett D.
ED
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2018

"We Tried Them All: Vend, Shopify, HikePOS, NCR SIlver, Square, BigCommerce, ShopKeep, etc"

Comments: Truly the best POS out there, they just get it.

Pros: As a nonprofit it's mandatory we are in compliance with General Accepted Accounting Principles. We have complex inventory logistics with different locations which made finding a good solution, difficult at the very least. Truthfully, if Lightspeed didn't work we would have moved to a mainframe system. What's difficult about the POS systems is that you don't realize everything you need until you've invested so much time. It's either their inventory management, how they integrate with your online platform, how well they integrate with other programs (despite how much they assure you) or how clueless their support. From the beginning, we drilled down with Lightspeed and even refused to sign a year commitment because we were skeptical. But having been with the program now several months you will not regret starting with LightSpeed first or if you're looking for a better solution switching. Their support has a phone (which is rare) and is very well trained. The product really has excellent features that function as they are supposed to and the capacity to grow with you.

Cons: I wish we could have found them earlier, better marketing online would have saved us so much time, money and resources from getting drawn in from other POS systems that continued to come up short.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2018
Gwen I.
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"LOVE Lightspeed"

Comments: We used QuickBooks POS for years and when it was time to upgrade we went with REVEL based on their recommendation, NOT a good choice. The system didn't do many of the things that we had specifically asked for and was not a good transition for our retail shop. And so we began our research into a new POS system. We met with numerous vendors, asked tons of questions and finally had to bite the bullet and choose one. We picked LIghtspeed, and have not once regretted our decision. One of their biggest pluses is the help; there is a very easy to use help feature right on the site and if that doesn't answer your question a person is available by chat or phone. Lightspeed really seems to care if their users are happy; they take our recommendations of upgrades or fixes to the systems and they are always there to assist us. We really feel like we have a partner!

Pros: We were able to use the computers we already had. The help that is available right on the site or easily by contacting Lightspeed is wonderful. Easy to use.

Cons: The only thing I would say is that there are some features that would be nice, but can't really call it a Con since Lightspeed listens to its users and is always making upgrades and changes.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Tracy T.
Chief Marketing and Operations Officer
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Taking over Retail with Lightspeed"

Comments: In a sea of POS/Retail Software, it's extremely hard to weed out the good from the bad. After months of research I was confident in choosing Lightspeed for our company. The ease of the retail software and training for sale associates on using the software was the best quality. You don't have to be a computer genius to use this software and even if you are it stands up to that as well. The amount of features the software has is amazing. Being able to track sales and discounts, from customer purchases, the list is long is it's great features, plus the ease and integration for having an online web store.

Pros: Tracking inventory, sales, being able to track employee performances. Integrated credit card terminal and shipping software with eCommerce. Easy purchase order creation, being able to do so many different reports as well as creating them for each store and even broken down by register as well. A great customer service company. The customer service is very helpful and will walk you through any problem or situation.

Cons: There's only a couple, but most people don't mind yet I'm a little extra computer savvy so I don't like that I can not do our own inventory uploads. Also not being able to upload different pricing levels, and wish there was a way to add notes to inventory adjustments as well as download all the created variables for all customer data.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2016
David D.
Sales, IT
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"Lightspeed Retail is the best cloud based POS system on the market"

Comments: Lightspeed Retail is cloud based POS system that comes with a host of features for the modern retailer. Very suitable for small-to-medium businesses with single or multiple locations. Pricing is scalable depending on the size of the organization. We give them 5 stars even though there are a few flaws, but comparable systems seem to have more flaws, and Lightspeed has an active and responsive system for submitting feedback and a user forum for feature discussion, which I recommend investigating before purchase.

Pros: - Many features customizable and useful to the sporting retail/footwear industry.
- Powerful Analytics (extra cost)
- Constant Updates/Upgrades, responsive community.

Cons: - More costly than our previous system.
- some minor quirks (unable to drive inventory into negative so it automatically makes an adjustment when sale completes) (whole numbers only in the number of units field, no decimals).

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Brenda D.
OWNER
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2019

"GLAD WITH OUR CHOICE"

Comments: We solved our inventory issues with this new system. We were also able to sync our eCommerce site with this system.

Pros: The team made this transition from our old system a breeze. They normally state 10-14 days, but it took 2-3 days for the information to be transferred over and set up. We were also able to be included on the new Loyalty system and we transferred our existing customers to this system as well. The new system was very user friendly, our employees are now able to make sales and quote customers. We also were able to install another app to have real time inventory reduced from our eCommerce site.

Cons: I wish that we could have employee scheduling integrated in the system.

• Reviewed on 05/08/2019
Mary F.
Chief of Operations
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Excellent and reliable"

Comments: Lightspeed is a robust software solution for our store and e-commerce business. We opened our store in June 2017 and added the e-commerce solution to our website 4 months later. Lightspeed has provided excellent on-going technical support and training. We are able to run our business with all the tools we need, and have not had to "make something" work. It makes us look like we've been in business for over 10 years, and not the under 2 years that we have been.

Pros: Lightspeed has been easy to use from the beginning. (We opened our store June 2017) Adding, modifying or removing merchandise, vendors and pricing is quick and easy. I like that I can see the margin and profit at a glance, as well as more comprehensive data necessary for bookkeeping, etc. I track employee hours and can monitor their clocking in and out. We have been able to make it industry specific to include work orders, and per hour labor charges.

Cons: When we opened our store last year, we were allotted only 3 employee logins in addition to one for myself and my husband. When we added just one more employee, we had to pay as much as adding 5 more employees or adding a "new register location".

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
T-ann C.
Bookstore Director
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"User friendly, intuitive and great for small businesses"

Comments: Customer support is great! They go above and beyond to try and help with any issues. I am super glad that in my search for a POS system that I chose Lightspeed!

Pros: Variety of different aspects pertaining to the needs of my business: POS, reports, inventory management and control, being able to print labels, being able to track all of my activity...

Cons: 1. I wish that I were able to customize it a little more and that what I customize would be searchable.
2. I also would like it if the ISBN numbers would show up on the screen which lists the items I have for order on a particular PO.
3. When email a purchases order it would be helpful if, on that screen from which I hit send email, it would immediately show somewhere on the screen that the order was emailed. Sometimes I get interrupted and when I come back I can't tell if I have actually hit "send email" or not.
4. An option to have a button that would pop open the register from any screen would also be helpful. I say "option" because I realize some companies would not feel safe having it be that easy to open the cash drawer. It would be helpful for us, however.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2018
Peter Y.
VP - Marketing & Retail
Sporting Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"The ideal POS for cycling retail"

Comments: When Brompton Bicycle was looking for a POS system, we needed something with robust features, simple employee interface, powerful management/analytics tools, and a global presence to support our growing international network. Lightspeed was the ideal choice as they offer a retail centric platform that makes selling easy for staff and provide powerful analytics, accounting, and payment extensions that make the remote management of multi locations much easier. We especially enjoy the vendor integrations within the cycling industry as well as bicycle service modules which are non-existant in other POS offerings. We also heavily utilize the automated reporting functions through Lightspeed Analytics. Combine all that with a cloud/app based interface and you get a system that can be up and running in a matter of days for a very easy to swallow price tag. When you need support - you have a dedicated account manager and responsive tech team ready to make it happen. I'd recommend Lightspeed over any other POS solution for cycling retail.

Pros: Easy sales oriented user experience for employees
The best bicycle service workflow module available
Powerful and robust reporting extension - Lightspeed Analytics

Cons: Fewer extensions/app integrations when compared with Shopify

• Reviewed on 19/06/2019