15 years helping Australian businesses

About TalentReef

TalentReef is the only talent management platform purpose-built for location-based, high-volume hiring.

Learn more about TalentReef

Pros:

In the beginning, a lot of promises: A talent network to tap into, ease of use - post to multiple job boards, high volume traffic aggregator, full integration into systems.

Cons:

Only cons with this software was that is applicants would forget password and would have to always call costumers services to retrieve it so they could finish online hiring forms.

TalentReef ratings

3.3

6.4/10

TalentReef has an overall rating of 3.5 out 5 stars based on 85 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TalentReef before?

Ross
Ross
Marketing Director in US
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

All-in-one and easy to learn.

Comments: TalentReef has been a positive experience since we came over to them. Our HR staff have become much more efficient with talent management since making the switch. Their product has changed many handwritten tasks into completely digital processes. Some of the tasks that we used to have to do in person with a new hire are now able to be completed before they even come in for their first day. We strongly recommend considering TalentReef if you have any doubts or concerns about the current system you are using. You won’t be disappointed!

Pros:

TalentReef allowed us to create a personalized hiring website that helps us stand out from other companies. TalentReef will then push our personal site out to many of the job search engines on the Internet. There software is also an all-in-one solution for our on-boarding needs. For our administrators, they are able to select applications, schedule interviews, leaves interview notes, hire, complete the full on-boarding process, and then continue to document employee issues and other events for potential future use. This software helps our team remain professional and ensures that we properly document any employee issues that can then be used in the case of firing an employee or dealing with inquiries from unemployment service.

Cons:

TalentReef can be slightly confusing at first. Because there are so many features, the learning process can take some time. They do offer great support however to help ensure each client is supported in a timely manner. We recommend spending time just going over their training pages to familiarize yourself with the software. Your experience with the software will be all the better for it.

Mandy
Hallcon in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

I like it because I learned it

Comments: My overall experience it was OK. It was not terrible as it could be as some other systems I’ve learned were a nightmare. The system was once you learned it not so bad and easy to get through.

Pros:

The pro to this is I took the time to learn and make my own notes on it. I made my own training guide I had communicated with their customer service enough to where I knew a lot of the answers to the problems that were being had amongst our candidates that were calling in and our supervisor so I could help. Problems were daily so my pro would be that I knew what I was doing because I had to learn. I think the notes in the system are great because you can go in and add and it takes the dates down and you could add as many notes as you want I do Not like the fact that you could edit a note that means anybody can edit or disturb whatever note that you have written beside yourself. Sometimes the The system freezes and I know it will go on a wrong person‘s profile as well.

Cons:

I like the fact least that you cannot export to a spreadsheet. I also didn’t like how there was no option to either select a majority of candidates on there and either send a mass message to all of them or letter email stating they were declined or sending them an email showing them that I received your application.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

I wanted it to be a success, its been anything but

Comments: went from ok to worse. Its like they know you wont leave due the cost and time involved to impliment a system.

Pros:

Cons:

We were sold something that doesnt exist and still 9 months into, doesnt look like it ever will. We were promised a talent network. Nope - its an excel spreadsheet with names. We were promised high traffic flow. Nope - we post jobs for 30 days and get maybe 10 applicants for the most basic entry level position (suppose to be their bread and butter). You need to submit a request to customer service every time you want to add a new job to the library. Applicants are constantly having issues with applying and when they do, we end up with multiple applications from the same person. Something Talentreef said they would make sure doesnt happen. They cant seem to figure out why jobs are not being pushed to the job boards, time and time again. I, as the customer, have to be the go between Talentreef and Indeed to find out what the problem is. Customer support has actually on multiple occassions informed my users to just use the application for the applicant from another client...WHAT!?? I constantly have to find out where things are when submitting a help ticket. Jobs posted via Talentreef dont show up on job boards for days. There are major disconnects with the system working with other systems. The software we were sold almost two years ago still hasnt been built. Sales will blow a lot of smoke up you know where to make the sale, no substance behind it. We were in the implimentation phase before we found out some of the "just released" features were not availible. Run away!!

Luke
Luke
General Manager in US
Restaurants, 501–1,000 Employees

Employee management software for large and small companies

Comments: Initially used in a larger company and the training process for managers to use effectively was long and confusing. Have a plan to implement and train users thoroughly or it will not be used correctly. Once familiarity is there it is a great tool for a team to use to be on the same page for hiring process where turnover is more frequent

Pros:

Online application process is nice and user friendly. Was a great platform for a small and large business to be able to accept online and mobile applications for employment. Also a great to to onboard staff through the hiring process

Cons:

Set up requires many man hours. You get out if it what you put into it

Ryan
Ryan
Reflexis Implementation Manager in US
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very robust talent management software that could use some tweaks to the UI

Pros:

Talent Reef is the talent management software that we utilize daily for onboarding team members. From applications, interviewing, hiring and tracking all legal needs this software delivers in a very vibrant UI.

Cons:

The completion of certain forms is an ongoing thorn for what would be an otherwise great piece of software. On both the onboarding team member, as well as the overseeing manager, there are times where it can be confusing to know if a certain task/field has been filled out and has led to some delays in completing a team members hire process.

Lauren
Employee Relations Manager in US

TR Feedback

Comments: Talentreef is great for integrations and support. But we have alot of technical difficulties often that i did not experience at Snagajob when it comes to onboarding workflow, the textus extension working, and getting people through the WOTC.

Pros:

I like the organic applicant flow and all of the partnerships talentreef has with other software companies.

Cons:

The workflow for applicants to get into the applicant portal - we have a ton of issues getting people into their onboarding paperwork which should be the easiest part about talentreef. But we have issues where people's profiles wont pull up with their phone or email and we have to get them to reapply, which means they have to redo the WOTC and another background check link is sent.

Lacey
Senior Director, Talent in US
Food & Beverages, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Talent Reef Review

Pros:

-Very Affordable - Lots of features - My corporate rep is good/helpful

Cons:

- Not user friendly/simple enough - Not self service friendly, have to submit lots of tickets - Poor customer service, ticket turnarounds - Long wait time to set up new franchisee

Courtney
HR Compliance Partner in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

My Review for tR

Pros:

relationship with my POC [sensitive content hidden]

Cons:

The amount of time it takes to fix issues.

Jessica
Human Resources Manager in US

TalentReef Review

Comments: the product is fairly easy to use if english is your primary language, it is difficult for spanish users, the support offered is horrible across the board, updates that were told are coming have been slow and have not been implemented yet, updates were done and full functionality has not been restored

Pros:

ability to add onboarding forms easily and to the appropriate state/company/location. ability to have multiple users at different functions. pricing.

Cons:

support is terrible. slow roll outs, incomplete updates,

Karen
HR Administrative Assistant in US
Hospitality, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Metz Culinary Management

Comments: Very good. Once properly trained I have no issues navigating the system. We have had a lot of required customization and our rep [sensitive content hidden] has gone above and beyond to assist us in meeting our needs. [sensitive content hidden] is always most helpful.

Pros:

Everything about an applicant is in one place, from the job posting to onboarding.

Cons:

Can be a little confusing for users moving around in the system and ADMIN needs to be able to correct an applicants email in the system.

Morgan
HR Generalist in US
Mining & Metals, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Promises not fulfilled

Pros:

Managers are easily able to see applicants who apply to multiple positions/locations.

Cons:

The system has very little customization capability. The work flow comes as is, you cannot make any changes. Their customer services is highly lacking. We have open tickets that are more than seven months old that have yet to be resolved. With all of this the greatest issue is the poor EEO tracking. We are required to follow OFCCP regulations and the system cannot support that. The system allows applicants to apply without completing EEO data and talentReef has made no effort to modify the system to improve that. Additionally there is always some glitch with the system. For a few months it was telling managers sorry this page is unavailable when trying to post a new job or review resume attachments. Right now the glitch is saying sorry we cannot complete your request at this time please try again later when attempting to update a candidate's status. There is never a day where things are working well and I don't have to contact our account manager for support.

VP HR in US
Hospitality, 501–1,000 Employees

VP of Human Resources

Comments: If you are looking for a simple, cost effective software to manage social recruiting, onboarding, training and performance management, then this is the software that you must use. It is perfect for hospitality and restaurants! The flow to indeed and other sites is seemless.

Pros:

The ease of use from both the HR side and the applicant/employee side make this the best software all in one package.

Cons:

The reporting functionality could still use some further development. However, in the 4 years I used the software, it was constantly being updated.

Eric
Director of Operations in US
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

TalentReef has been excellent to work with as a partner of our business.

Comments: TalentReef has been excellent to work with as a partner of our business.

Pros:

Ease of use. Customer support has always been very strong. No matter who your representative is, they are always eager to assist.

Cons:

There has been some down time as they update their services. They typically do them when it's not an issue (weekends, late at night, etc.)

Jillian
HR Coordinator in US
Food & Beverages, 5,001–10,000 Employees

talentReef not the best option

Pros:

talentReef seemed to be a good option at first however, my company quickly realized it was not very user friendly. The field had hard time using the system. However, going from PeopleMatter to this system we did see an increase in applicants.

Cons:

Overall the system is not user friendly as stated above. Also the system has a lot of glitches it needs to fix. I find myself hoping the system is working each day I come in. And when it's not I call our "VIP" line for customer service assistance and they are unable to help me or tell me what the problem is.

Mary
Human Resources in US
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Glad we went with Talentreef program, and we are saving the trees

Comments: When employees have problems, they call Account Support, and they take care of them right away.

Pros:

Store Managers find it very easy to navigate and sort by store. Easy to export W-4 information to our payroll department

Cons:

Every once in a while have problems generating employee files. When we change a policy, it is the same premise, but slightly different than what we sent.

Cindy
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Do not use!

Comments: A big waste of money and our time trying to make it work.

Pros:

This software in theory is a great idea but it doesn't work. Dashboard is user friendly. All support folks are very young and not experienced enough to be helpful over the phone.

Cons:

The software was meant to pre-approve some candidates so we could get better candidates. What happens is it gives us no candidates! We get about 1 resume a week which in a changing business environment of hourly employees you need to be able to hire one a week and have choices!! Customer support kept telling us various reasons why it wasn't working like we wanted but no solutions were ever provided. Customer service is not good! Product in theory sounds good but doesn't work! They will not let you out of your 12 month contract even after they know it's not working for you!!! They want your money that's all.

Steven
Director Of Operations in US
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

TalentReef is the tool you need!

Comments: TalentReef has really helped my business find the right individuals for the right positions, saving me money and helping my business flourish.

Pros:

Easy to use, great customer service, makes hiring paperwork easy. The CEO (Center of Excellence) is TalentReef's customer service and resource center and they are always willing to help.

Cons:

None

Anum
Human Resources in US
Food & Beverages, 201–500 Employees

Talent Reef

Pros:

We use Talent Reef's portal for one of our brand. The overall experience has been great so far and all our employee files are stored there. Helps to totally eradicate the usage of paper.

Cons:

The overall software is good but it should have a feature like walk me through or answers to some basic questions. First time user will benefit from that

Michelle
Business Intelligence in US
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Great for sourcing and onboarding

Pros:

Great product for sourcing and on-boarding. E-Signature works well, and it is a cost effective product

Cons:

It lacks on functionality for employees already onboarded in the company. It is slow at times, and it does not have an easy way to integrate with other systems.

Amy
HR Manager in US

Great Experiance

Comments: We had an amazing project manager She was so informative on everything we asked of her and the positive attitude through the entire project was amazing.

Pros:

We are into our third week of being live with talentReef. The amount of applicants has increased from our previous ATS and very pleased with the quality of applicants. The implementation of the software was so smooth and allowed us three weeks to train our employees.

Cons:

The only draw back we have seen in the software is the customization of particular requests can take up to 4-6 weeks.

Kornelija
HR Manager in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Great value!

Comments: i think the value for the money is very good! Would recommend it.

Pros:

Customer service is top notch! From the sales process, to implementation, to customer support - they are great! They keep in touch long after implementation to make sure everything works right. I love that I have assessments included in the price!

Cons:

I don't like that I have to open a ticket every time I want to create a new position. This makes it a bit slow to post new jobs.

Alison
HR Director in US
Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Product!!

Pros:

Ease of use! The product does exactly what we need it to, makes onboarding a breeze and syncs seamlessly with payroll

Cons:

Ability to upload our own new reqs but their customer support team is wonderful and always uploads them for us timely

Lindsey
Director of Recruitement & Training
Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

TalentReef is a good value for the price

Comments: Overall, it's not a bad system. I'm sure there are better, but for the price and ease of use I would recommend.

Pros:

The system in general is very easy to use - even for those who aren't super techy. A good volume of candidates is usually generated from each posting.

Cons:

It can be hard to find a specific applicant - have to have to spell nearly perfect. Weird auto-filters will sometimes just happen.

Laura
HR Director in US
Food & Beverages

Sticking with TR

Pros:

TalentReef has good reporting capabilities, and invested sales and development teams. They have made modifications that improve ease of use and onboarding. We don't use the entire platform, we mostly use the service for onboarding and tracking paychanges and title changes, which have worked well for us.

Cons:

Customer service has been hit or miss. Managers usually have better luck than employees at getting assistance, but even then, it seems they are often non-responsive on the phone. Email is better, but we usually have to run through things twice to make sure it is 100% complete. Thankfully, our sales reps have been extremely helpful in making sure we are satisfied and have occasionally stepped in to make sure service was delivered.

Sarah
Director of Human Resources
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

talentReef Product Review

Comments: Overall we are fairly satisfied with this product. I believe we were oversold on some of its functions and are still working through a couple major concerns about one year after implementation.

Pros:

Easy for applicants, employees and managers to use.

Cons:

Not much customization. Applicant Portal and Employee Portal not connected.