• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About Criteria

Make data-driven hiring decisions with skills, aptitude, personality, and emotional intelligence tests. Test anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Learn more about Criteria

Showing 25 reviews of 66

Wade E.
Operations Supervisor
Utilities, 11-50 Employees

"Thank You HireSelect"

Comments: I am the Operations Supervisor for a small power plant. We do not have a dedicated HR group. I am tasked with recruiting, reviewing resumes, pre-employment testing, interviewing, hiring, and pre-employment requirements. This is in addition to all my other duties that actual pertain to keeping the plant running and working with the 28 people in my Operations Department. HireSelect has been a huge time saver for me. I have hired 13 Operators in the past 4 years. To hire 13 Operators we went through over 100 candidates. The customer service and assistance has been great from day one. The customer service department is always available to answer any questions or explain how a feature works. There are several other features I like about HireSelect. I have recommended HireSelect to several people in a similar position as mine. They have tried the free trial and they also see the benefits of using HireSelect.

Pros: The software provides access to several tests that provide an insight into a candidates personality, thoughts, and knowledge. HireSelect also is a convenient way to sort and store a large amount of data as it relates to potential candidates.

Cons: As the software recently went through an overhaul, I have not had enough time to dedicate to learning all the new features included in the update. The core of the program is still the same just the formatting and organizing have been modified. So far the new features I have used are better than the old program.

John S.
General Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"How to take the sting out of recruiting!"

Comments: HireSelect keeps improving by giving employers a better way to drill down on an applicant's potential value for employers.

Pros: When hiring for different positions, you need applicants with varying skills. HireSelect provides a way to test applicants on their aptitude for whatever job you need to fill. By using these services, you can be far more productive in selecting applicants to interview based on their knowledge, aptitude, and fit for your organization. HireSelect is a time saver on steroids!

Cons: There is nothing to not like and profit from by using HireSelect! If you hit a snag, their support services are among the best I've encountered with any vendor.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Sharon K.
Business Performance Consultant
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2021

"Quick and Easy"

Comments: With HireSelect we use the pre hire testing more than any other feature. We set a baseline with our current staff and were astounded at how well it read those staff that we quickly implemented. The results have been spot on which keeps us renewing this service every year.

Pros: The software is extremely user friendly. When I need to figure out how to do something new it takes not time at all but possibly their customer service even tops this. The easy scheduling system they have to reach out for someone to help is amazing and put the options in your hands.

Cons: Being a SAAS there were some hurdles to jump through with our purchasing department but more likely that is on our outdated requirements. The latest update was significant and hope to see more feature in the near future.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2021
Madelin W.
Recruiting Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2017

"HireSelect helps me screen and find the best applicants to hire."

Comments: The typing test and computer proficiency test helps me weed out unqualified candidates quickly and easily. I can also evaluate aptitude with the Criteria Cognitive Test, and I can see a correlation between that score and quality of work.

Pros: The variety of assessments help me choose the best fit for each position. I can evaluate a number of different levels, aptitude, personality, or specific skills.

Cons: If I wanted to integate the results with my ATS, I would need to upgrade to a fancier package. Now, the price is cheap for the service, but I don't know why I would have to upgrade just for an integration.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2017
Shena S.
Talent Acquisition Director
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Enjoying the information and the additional support in our screening process"

Comments: I love the price, I love the product, I love the information. My executive team also really enjoys this product which is a huge win. I will absolutely remain a HireSelect customer.

Pros: I like all of the additional information given outside of the numerical scores the most. It allows me to make the most informed choice rather than simply going off the summary score.

Cons: I do not enjoy the integration with Jazz HR that much. I automate a lot of the routine steps so that I can spend the most time on the phone or communicating with the candidate. Since I automate the use of Hire Select Assessments, it only sends out the link, and therefore, does not automatically attach finished assessments to my candidates' profiles. I have to prioritize manually uploading my candidates' results via email.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Dania B.
Head of SmartVault
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Highly Valuable Tool for Recruiting Efforts"

Comments: We are a small tech company and needed a fairly broad tool we could use to support our recruiting efforts. We like HireSelect for the ease of use and the breadth of job titles it supports. We feel like the cost supports the value it brings to our hiring managers, that use this testing as an input into the overall recruiting and selection process.

Pros: I love that I can search for a job title and it recommends test banks to use, which saves us time. It is intuitive to use, especially nice for hiring managers that aren't in it all the time.

Cons: We are investigating the use of it in our UK and Australia offices. Hopefully HireSelect can support our global team.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Chris M.
Chief Operating Officer
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"HireSelect Goes Above and Beyond"

Comments: The algorithm for our hiring has improved over time, thanks to an annual correlation study conducted in conjunction with HireSelect. Utilizing HireSelect test results in tandem with our company's internal employment metrics like turnover, attendance and work performance, we have changed our testing requirements to achieve better quality and longer-tenured candidates.

Pros: The customer support for HireSelect is excellent. I can always count on my account representative to handle everything we need in a timely and professional manner.

Cons: The new layout takes a little time to get used to but has improved significantly over time.

Janet F.
Founder & Principal Consultant
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2020

"Great Software to Help in the Hiring Process"

Comments: Very positive. From the beginning, I have found the support personnel to be easily accessible and willing to work through any questions that I have. They are a fountain of knowledge and I enjoy working with them. The software offers me another "tool in my toolkit" when working with my clients to help them be their best.

Pros: The software is easy to use and has a wide range of reports that can assist when making hiring decisions. I have also used it with current employees when working to assess a team and especially with the new format for the Employee Personality Profile, it provides an easy way to give feedback and insight to the team members.

Cons: There are a couple of tests that are not my favorites to use, especially when using them with current employees but that is not a huge issue.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2020
Neema G.
Administrative and Accounting Manager
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2018

"Does the job"

Comments: The Company has a great and flexible support system

Pros: Allows you to make better hiring decisions with minimum work from the staff

Cons: This is really great, I cannot think about anything I do not like about this system

• Reviewed on 26/09/2018
Marc W.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Outstanding hiring tool!"

Pros: I am a huge fan of HireSelect's assessment. It is rock solid and they are outstanding.

Cons: Really no downsides. It's reasonably priced for the value.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Rick M.
EVP
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Easiest Way to Peer Behind the Curtain"

Pros: The available assessments provide critical insight into candidates' mental abilities, personality and technical skills.

Cons: I would like to see some additional options on job/personality matches.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Sonia M.
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"Hiring made easier"

Pros: It helps you weed out the top candidates from the no so good ones.

Cons: That does not have a our industry job position in the general database, I had to cross reference from other positions.

Leandro M.
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"Excellent tool to find the best talent"

Pros: The analytics tools and the reports are state-of-the-art. It leverages the hiring process and help managers to find the right talents, with great reports based on right assessments.

Cons: There are templates to design the right list of assessments for a job opportunity, which can be improved with more options of jobs.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2018
Marie M.
Director of Human Resources
Retail, 51-200 Employees

"Excellent Product"

Comments: With Hireselect we were able to recruit candidates that would work well in our work environment and culture. This has helped our turnover rate go from 75% to 25% in one year. We found a way to use the pre-screening tests to help us select candidates who have excellent work ethic and are eager to grow with the company. We ended up testing our entire staff to come up with a baseline to use for our hiring process. It worked out well and for the first time in 10 years, we have been able to retain employees for more that 2 years at a time. This was a major development for us.

Pros: The software is very user friendly and easy to manage as an administrator.

Cons: Not easily integrated or have the ability to customized some features.

Kacey C.
HR/Office Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"Great Service"

Comments: Very easy to use and able to provide information on a lot of our candidates we wouldn't be able to get during an interview. Some of the assessments even help you determine areas of strengths and weaknesses of a candidate and where to focus your questions for interview.

Pros: They have great customer service from start to finish. There was always a clear representative throughout sales and I was passed on to an account manager who handled our training and any question we had. It makes things easy. I also love how the sales rep and then account manager always have contact information on the site so you can always reach out easily with questions. They are always helpful when you reach out.

Cons: We are a healthcare company and some of the assessments are not as specific to out positions, but there is the capability to add your own assessments. The account manager did try to help us find assessments that fit our needs.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020
Jim H.
Mgr
Farming, 501-1,000 Employees

"Added Value"

Comments: Good people, good product, good support. No complaints!

Pros: We use 3 of the testing modules for every applicant (specific positions) that we gain interest in, after our initial screenings. The results are easy to review and digest, which gives us an added tool to help in our selection process.

Cons: Honestly, I have zero complaints or suggestions here.

Matthew S.
Lean initiative/safety manager programmer foreman
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"My two sense"

Comments: It is a great way to screen people in order to see if we want to take them to the next level in the hiring process. We have learned a lot about the tests from all the applicants and from having our really good loyal employees take the test and then were able to see things that stand out and help our hiring process or Lean it out a bit.

Pros: Simplistic and ask many questions rather than just a few.

Cons: I do not like how on the EPP test in the results it says no position selected. It would be nice to see maybe how long it was taking an applicant to answer question or do the entire test to see if they are just not reading and putting zero thought into their answers or if they are diligently reading and putting thought into each question asked. I think this would help decide if an employee is rushing or is able to take their time, care and answer to the best of their ability. Right now I feel this test is a bit of a waste and does really absolutely nothing for me when there just isn't something more for me to base my decision on a stranger.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Christina D.
Marketing Manager
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Great tool in the hiring process"

Comments: The people I've dealt with have all been very helpful and responsive. The site was easy to use and helped save us time and money in our hiring process.

Pros: Using the testing online has helped us to narrow the selection pool of candidates and saved us valuable time that would have been wasted on interviewing less qualified candidates.

Cons: The new upgrades are more complex in my opinion and have more than I need, so makes the site seem more tedious to navigate. The old site was easy and straight forward.

Adriana L.
Director Of Financial Services
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2018

"Never hire again without using HireSelect"

Comments: Great company, amazing assessment tools and outstanding customer support.

Pros: HireSelect offers several assessments to measure cognitive abilities and personality traits.

Cons: I love HireSelect, I have absolutely no negative feedback.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2018
Holly H.
HR Coordinator
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2021

"Great features at a great price"

Comments: I have had an excellent experience with HireSelect. They train you on how to use and get the most out of the platform. Our account rep., [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in regularly to see if we have any questions or concerns. HireSelect has immensely improved the organization and efficiency of our onboarding process.

Pros: The most useful feature for my organization is being able to track applicants through the hiring process and customize the pipelines to meet our specific needs.

Cons: No complaints really. It does what we need.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2021
Jerikka H.
Human Resources Generalist
Machinery, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2018

"Review"

Comments: Customer service is exceptional.

Pros: The ease of connecting the application to the tests and being able to track applicants within the system.

Cons: I really enjoy using the software. The new setup is a little different but not bad.

• Reviewed on 01/10/2018
Kate W.
Manager of Human Resources and Communications
Investment Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Great tool for the recruiting process"

Pros: I like that I can customize test results analysis based on predetermined baselines. I also like the comparison tools available for looking at multiple candidates.

Cons: The new format is not as user-friendly. It's not easy to find things.

Senior Recruiter
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Great product with great support staff"

Pros: The ease of use and the support team. Everyone has been wonderful.

Cons: Wish there were more skill based tests (Excel)

Charles C.
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2018

"Necessary preliminary screening tool"

Comments: Good

Pros: Helps to streamline hiring skill set and mark strengths and weaknesses

Cons: Little difficult to interpret at times.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Alan D.
Account Manager
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Does what it says on the tin.."

Comments: All round good experience, concerned that our non first language English speakers seem to do badly on the aptitude testing.

Pros: Ease of understanding the results, handy to reference.

Cons: Can be a bit fiddly to find the right test

• Reviewed on 05/10/2018