• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About Criteria

Make data-driven hiring decisions with skills, aptitude, personality, and emotional intelligence tests. Test anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Learn more about Criteria

Wade E.
Operations Supervisor
Utilities, 11-50 Employees

"Thank You HireSelect"

Comments: I am the Operations Supervisor for a small power plant. We do not have a dedicated HR group. I am tasked with recruiting, reviewing resumes, pre-employment testing, interviewing, hiring, and pre-employment requirements. This is in addition to all my other duties that actual pertain to keeping the plant running and working with the 28 people in my Operations Department. HireSelect has been a huge time saver for me. I have hired 13 Operators in the past 4 years. To hire 13 Operators we went through over 100 candidates. The customer service and assistance has been great from day one. The customer service department is always available to answer any questions or explain how a feature works. There are several other features I like about HireSelect. I have recommended HireSelect to several people in a similar position as mine. They have tried the free trial and they also see the benefits of using HireSelect.

Pros: The software provides access to several tests that provide an insight into a candidates personality, thoughts, and knowledge. HireSelect also is a convenient way to sort and store a large amount of data as it relates to potential candidates.

Cons: As the software recently went through an overhaul, I have not had enough time to dedicate to learning all the new features included in the update. The core of the program is still the same just the formatting and organizing have been modified. So far the new features I have used are better than the old program.

Sharon K.
Business Performance Consultant
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2021

"Quick and Easy"

Comments: With HireSelect we use the pre hire testing more than any other feature. We set a baseline with our current staff and were astounded at how well it read those staff that we quickly implemented. The results have been spot on which keeps us renewing this service every year.

Pros: The software is extremely user friendly. When I need to figure out how to do something new it takes not time at all but possibly their customer service even tops this. The easy scheduling system they have to reach out for someone to help is amazing and put the options in your hands.

Cons: Being a SAAS there were some hurdles to jump through with our purchasing department but more likely that is on our outdated requirements. The latest update was significant and hope to see more feature in the near future.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2021
John S.
General Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"How to take the sting out of recruiting!"

Comments: HireSelect keeps improving by giving employers a better way to drill down on an applicant's potential value for employers.

Pros: When hiring for different positions, you need applicants with varying skills. HireSelect provides a way to test applicants on their aptitude for whatever job you need to fill. By using these services, you can be far more productive in selecting applicants to interview based on their knowledge, aptitude, and fit for your organization. HireSelect is a time saver on steroids!

Cons: There is nothing to not like and profit from by using HireSelect! If you hit a snag, their support services are among the best I've encountered with any vendor.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Madelin W.
Recruiting Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2017

"HireSelect helps me screen and find the best applicants to hire."

Comments: The typing test and computer proficiency test helps me weed out unqualified candidates quickly and easily. I can also evaluate aptitude with the Criteria Cognitive Test, and I can see a correlation between that score and quality of work.

Pros: The variety of assessments help me choose the best fit for each position. I can evaluate a number of different levels, aptitude, personality, or specific skills.

Cons: If I wanted to integate the results with my ATS, I would need to upgrade to a fancier package. Now, the price is cheap for the service, but I don't know why I would have to upgrade just for an integration.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2017
Shena S.
Talent Acquisition Director
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Enjoying the information and the additional support in our screening process"

Comments: I love the price, I love the product, I love the information. My executive team also really enjoys this product which is a huge win. I will absolutely remain a HireSelect customer.

Pros: I like all of the additional information given outside of the numerical scores the most. It allows me to make the most informed choice rather than simply going off the summary score.

Cons: I do not enjoy the integration with Jazz HR that much. I automate a lot of the routine steps so that I can spend the most time on the phone or communicating with the candidate. Since I automate the use of Hire Select Assessments, it only sends out the link, and therefore, does not automatically attach finished assessments to my candidates' profiles. I have to prioritize manually uploading my candidates' results via email.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Dania B.
Head of SmartVault
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Highly Valuable Tool for Recruiting Efforts"

Comments: We are a small tech company and needed a fairly broad tool we could use to support our recruiting efforts. We like HireSelect for the ease of use and the breadth of job titles it supports. We feel like the cost supports the value it brings to our hiring managers, that use this testing as an input into the overall recruiting and selection process.

Pros: I love that I can search for a job title and it recommends test banks to use, which saves us time. It is intuitive to use, especially nice for hiring managers that aren't in it all the time.

Cons: We are investigating the use of it in our UK and Australia offices. Hopefully HireSelect can support our global team.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Chris M.
Chief Operating Officer
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"HireSelect Goes Above and Beyond"

Comments: The algorithm for our hiring has improved over time, thanks to an annual correlation study conducted in conjunction with HireSelect. Utilizing HireSelect test results in tandem with our company's internal employment metrics like turnover, attendance and work performance, we have changed our testing requirements to achieve better quality and longer-tenured candidates.

Pros: The customer support for HireSelect is excellent. I can always count on my account representative to handle everything we need in a timely and professional manner.

Cons: The new layout takes a little time to get used to but has improved significantly over time.

Janet F.
Founder & Principal Consultant
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2020

"Great Software to Help in the Hiring Process"

Comments: Very positive. From the beginning, I have found the support personnel to be easily accessible and willing to work through any questions that I have. They are a fountain of knowledge and I enjoy working with them. The software offers me another "tool in my toolkit" when working with my clients to help them be their best.

Pros: The software is easy to use and has a wide range of reports that can assist when making hiring decisions. I have also used it with current employees when working to assess a team and especially with the new format for the Employee Personality Profile, it provides an easy way to give feedback and insight to the team members.

Cons: There are a couple of tests that are not my favorites to use, especially when using them with current employees but that is not a huge issue.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2020
Neema G.
Administrative and Accounting Manager
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2018

"Does the job"

Comments: The Company has a great and flexible support system

Pros: Allows you to make better hiring decisions with minimum work from the staff

Cons: This is really great, I cannot think about anything I do not like about this system

• Reviewed on 26/09/2018
Marc W.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Outstanding hiring tool!"

Pros: I am a huge fan of HireSelect's assessment. It is rock solid and they are outstanding.

Cons: Really no downsides. It's reasonably priced for the value.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Rick M.
EVP
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Easiest Way to Peer Behind the Curtain"

Pros: The available assessments provide critical insight into candidates' mental abilities, personality and technical skills.

Cons: I would like to see some additional options on job/personality matches.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Sonia M.
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"Hiring made easier"

Pros: It helps you weed out the top candidates from the no so good ones.

Cons: That does not have a our industry job position in the general database, I had to cross reference from other positions.

Leandro M.
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"Excellent tool to find the best talent"

Pros: The analytics tools and the reports are state-of-the-art. It leverages the hiring process and help managers to find the right talents, with great reports based on right assessments.

Cons: There are templates to design the right list of assessments for a job opportunity, which can be improved with more options of jobs.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2018
Robin E.
HR Director
Railroad Manufacture, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Good Basic Assessments"

Comments: We have used these tests for candidates we are considering bringing into the company and they have been helpful. They have been easy to get to the candidates and we haven't had any complaints from candidates in regards to accessing the tests. They do provide an additional data point for candidates. We have also used these tests to gauge skills for current employees. They have been helpful in designing development plans.

Pros: Wide variety of skills and personality type assessments. They are easily administered online via an email and a link. Results are available online as well.

Cons: It would be helpful to be able to view the actual questions and potential answers to the tests prior to assignment of the tests. There is a description of what the test is measuring, but being able to see the content would give you a much better idea of the method behind the test.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Lindsey B.
Senior Manager, Recruiting
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2018

"Promoter"

Comments: Hands down I would recommend them to others looking to use the pre-employment software. The product is solid and the customer service can't be beaten.

Pros: HireSelect is a great company. Their software platform is solid and provides an invaluable resource to make hiring decisions with less risk and more insight into a candidate's capabilities and fit. My favorite part of working with them though is their customer service. It is outstanding and above and beyond the level of support I receive from any other vendors I've worked with throughout my career. They are responsive, highly competent, and very willing to make adjustments to the software that better serve our needs as customers.

Cons: They recently rolled out a new platform and there were a few technical issues that were quickly addressed (so that's not actually a problem, but another nod to their support and responsiveness). They do have one issue that they are still addressing which is that their testing services don't always work without error on Explorer or Edge internet browsers. It's a minor issue as we've simply started telling candidates to take it on another browser instead. That's the only reason for me giving them a 4 on quality, otherwise, I'm definitely a huge promoter of HireSelect.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2018
Wade R.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Convenience and Flexibility"

Pros: The ability to create your own test batteries.
The scheduling with potential candidates.
The flexibility of the software, just a link to send to a candidate and youre good!

Cons: The lack of integrations. This also can just be specific to be. I wanted to integrate with my ATS but it doesn't seem to be available as yet.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Andrew W.
Operations Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

"HireSelect Review"

Comments: John has been great, very responsive!

Pros: Very easy to use and extremely helpful in our recruiting efforts!

Cons: Not a lot to say here, but there are a couple of features that I would like to see:
1. Did the user take the assessment on a mobile device?
2. Did the user have connectivity issues while taking the device?

Global Senior HR Business Partner
Cosmetics, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"Great experience working with Criteria"

Comments: Criteria has enabled our company to hire more skilled representatives than we ever have before. We have candidates take our online testing and we have minimum pass grade that must be met before you move on in the interview process.

Pros: Our customer support representative was extremely helpful in the set up and customization of our testing, we had the opportunity to build testing specific to hiring our Call Center Representatives. We customized our testing for the specific areas that our hiring managers were looking for. Many of the test on the market are to generic for the work our Representatives do.

Cons: Any issues or complaints were easy worked around.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Amy L.
Manager of Finance and Administration
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"A partner for us in hiring"

Comments: Absolutely happy that I have this product to help me with my hiring.

Pros: I have been using HireSelect for just over a year now. It has been a great tool for me to use in weeding through the multitude of resumes. I have had success in finding great candidates that I otherwise may have passed over because their assessment tests fit the criteria for hiring.

Cons: They recently changed the platform. I am having some issues with using it, but my customer support person, Jessica, has been amazing helping me through it.

Christy B.
Teller Trainier Coodinator/HR
Banking, 201-500 Employees

"CNB 9/2018"

Pros: Being able to copy link and e-mail it.
The results are in a format that is very helpful and gives us a real picture of the applicant.

Cons: Creating reports needs to be made easier. I liked the way before this update that you could export results to an Excel spreadsheet.
It would be helpful to see the applicants assessments and answers.
When looking at jobs and there are more than one listed (ex. Teller) knowing how to combine them together would be helpful.
Knowing which part of an assessment is timed.
This new update seems more timely than the last one.

James D.
Entertainment
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2015

"HIRESELECT - ABSOLUTELY FIRST CLASS"

Comments: HireSelect gives us great information on candidates and their capabilities. By using their tests we’ve been able to streamline the hiring process and reduce time wasted on unproductive interviews. HireSelect overall has also increased the quality of our hires. One of our best new hires was someone who might not otherwise have stood out except for her sensational test scores. As a result we now hire with more confidence and invest our resources on candidates that are better long term hires.

Pros: Easy to use - fantastic user interface.
Really helps give a different perspective when evaluating potential new hires.
I'm sure this has saved our company $ks by making sure that we hire the right person first time!

Cons: No cons really, it does everything I want.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2015
Andy N.
Global Recruitment Program Manager
Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"Very pleased with HireSelect"

Comments: Great company to deal with, very responsive and are willing to make time to train as many of our employees as necessary. I would highly recommend HireSelect to any organization looking to implement an elegant candidate assessment solution.

Pros: Easy to roll-out, very intuitive product, positive feedback from both Candidates and Recruiters

Cons: Free ATS integration would have been nice

• Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Tamika B.
Senior Human Resources Rep
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Excellent Recruiting Resource!"

Comments: HireSelect has been beneficial in providing the necessary screening of potential employees and their skillsets for our organization. As a result of usage from this software, it has saved a lot of time as it has boosted productivity and eliminated candidates who weren't a fit.

Pros: The vital pre-employment tools that test candidates remotely in order to see if they are a fit for our organization.

Cons: I have not experienced any negativity from association with this wonderful software as it has boost recruiting productivity immensely.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Nicholas S.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2020

"Solved all our hiring needs"

Pros: The pre-screening tests with evergreen hiring funnels are great

Cons: the automation setup costs extra, should be included.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2020
Terry L.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2018

"Great Tests, Great results"

Comments: They were very helpful in helping me select the tests, best length of time for each set of tests. They were informative but never pushy.

Pros: The Skills Test and how well the results were to read and analyze.

Cons: Would love to have an answer key. We trained our Admins from the tests that we gave them.T=

• Reviewed on 01/10/2018