Filter by:

• Overall

About Criteria

Make data-driven hiring decisions with skills, aptitude, personality, and emotional intelligence tests. Test anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Learn more about Criteria

Sean B.
HR & Ops Support Manager in US
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

Criteria's Pros & Cons

4 6 days ago New

Comments: Overall this has been a fantastic platform to use. Our account rep has been awesome when we have questions. They even have a self-service option which is a huge help when working off hours. Testing has been consistent and easy to implement into our recruiting platforms. Would highly recommend this platform to other users.

Pros:

I really appreciate the ease of use the entire platform provides our company. The different tests/scores that are provided for our industry have proven themselves accurate and consistent with our hires. This platform and its ability to drill down to each applicants personality helps save time and provides more understanding and areas that we as the hiring team should drill down to.

Cons:

My least favorite thing about this platform is the grading on the personality assessment. Sometimes we can get results that are "inconclusive" or provide red flags, and what we have found is that this generally comes down to language barriers. People who are not originally from the USA trying to take a test that uses vague questions can prove to be problematic.

Robin E.
HR Director in US
Railroad Manufacture, 201-500 Employees

Good Basic Assessments

3 3 years ago

Comments: We have used these tests for candidates we are considering bringing into the company and they have been helpful. They have been easy to get to the candidates and we haven't had any complaints from candidates in regards to accessing the tests. They do provide an additional data point for candidates. We have also used these tests to gauge skills for current employees. They have been helpful in designing development plans.

Pros:

Wide variety of skills and personality type assessments. They are easily administered online via an email and a link. Results are available online as well.

Cons:

It would be helpful to be able to view the actual questions and potential answers to the tests prior to assignment of the tests. There is a description of what the test is measuring, but being able to see the content would give you a much better idea of the method behind the test.

Shannon F.
Human Resources in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

VERY happy with this tool - use it daily and love it!

5 7 months ago

Comments: This helps me out tremendously with screening applicants. They can no longer say they are proficient in "all office programs" if they aren't.

Pros:

This program is very easy to use. Creating new tests and sending the link for applicants is very simple.

Cons:

There are a few things that could be easier to find but once you learn how to navigate its fine.

Lindsey B.
Senior Manager, Recruiting in US

Promoter

4 3 years ago

Comments: Hands down I would recommend them to others looking to use the pre-employment software. The product is solid and the customer service can't be beaten.

Pros:

HireSelect is a great company. Their software platform is solid and provides an invaluable resource to make hiring decisions with less risk and more insight into a candidate's capabilities and fit. My favorite part of working with them though is their customer service. It is outstanding and above and beyond the level of support I receive from any other vendors I've worked with throughout my career. They are responsive, highly competent, and very willing to make adjustments to the software that better serve our needs as customers.

Cons:

They recently rolled out a new platform and there were a few technical issues that were quickly addressed (so that's not actually a problem, but another nod to their support and responsiveness). They do have one issue that they are still addressing which is that their testing services don't always work without error on Explorer or Edge internet browsers. It's a minor issue as we've simply started telling candidates to take it on another browser instead. That's the only reason for me giving them a 4 on quality, otherwise, I'm definitely a huge promoter of HireSelect.

Wade R.
Wade R.
Talent Acquisition Specialist in Trinidad & Tobago
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees

Convenience and Flexibility

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The ability to create your own test batteries. The scheduling with potential candidates. The flexibility of the software, just a link to send to a candidate and youre good!

Cons:

The lack of integrations. This also can just be specific to be. I wanted to integrate with my ATS but it doesn't seem to be available as yet.

Andrew W.
Operations Manager in US
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

HireSelect Review

5 3 years ago

Comments: John has been great, very responsive!

Pros:

Very easy to use and extremely helpful in our recruiting efforts!

Cons:

Not a lot to say here, but there are a couple of features that I would like to see: 1. Did the user take the assessment on a mobile device? 2. Did the user have connectivity issues while taking the device?

Global Senior HR Business Partner in US
Cosmetics, 201-500 Employees

Great experience working with Criteria

5 3 years ago

Comments: Criteria has enabled our company to hire more skilled representatives than we ever have before. We have candidates take our online testing and we have minimum pass grade that must be met before you move on in the interview process.

Pros:

Our customer support representative was extremely helpful in the set up and customization of our testing, we had the opportunity to build testing specific to hiring our Call Center Representatives. We customized our testing for the specific areas that our hiring managers were looking for. Many of the test on the market are to generic for the work our Representatives do.

Cons:

Any issues or complaints were easy worked around.

Amy L.
Amy L.
Manager of Finance and Administration in US

A partner for us in hiring

5 3 years ago

Comments: Absolutely happy that I have this product to help me with my hiring.

Pros:

I have been using HireSelect for just over a year now. It has been a great tool for me to use in weeding through the multitude of resumes. I have had success in finding great candidates that I otherwise may have passed over because their assessment tests fit the criteria for hiring.

Cons:

They recently changed the platform. I am having some issues with using it, but my customer support person, Jessica, has been amazing helping me through it.

Christy B.
Teller Trainier Coodinator/HR in US
Banking, 201-500 Employees

CNB 9/2018

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Being able to copy link and e-mail it. The results are in a format that is very helpful and gives us a real picture of the applicant.

Cons:

Creating reports needs to be made easier. I liked the way before this update that you could export results to an Excel spreadsheet. It would be helpful to see the applicants assessments and answers. When looking at jobs and there are more than one listed (ex. Teller) knowing how to combine them together would be helpful. Knowing which part of an assessment is timed. This new update seems more timely than the last one.

James D.
James D.
Entertainment
Used the Software for: Not provided

HIRESELECT - ABSOLUTELY FIRST CLASS

5 6 years ago

Comments: HireSelect gives us great information on candidates and their capabilities. By using their tests we’ve been able to streamline the hiring process and reduce time wasted on unproductive interviews. HireSelect overall has also increased the quality of our hires. One of our best new hires was someone who might not otherwise have stood out except for her sensational test scores. As a result we now hire with more confidence and invest our resources on candidates that are better long term hires.

Pros:

Easy to use - fantastic user interface. Really helps give a different perspective when evaluating potential new hires. I'm sure this has saved our company $ks by making sure that we hire the right person first time!

Cons:

No cons really, it does everything I want.

Andy N.
Global Recruitment Program Manager in US
Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very pleased with HireSelect

5 last year

Comments: Great company to deal with, very responsive and are willing to make time to train as many of our employees as necessary. I would highly recommend HireSelect to any organization looking to implement an elegant candidate assessment solution.

Pros:

Easy to roll-out, very intuitive product, positive feedback from both Candidates and Recruiters

Cons:

Free ATS integration would have been nice

Tamika B.
Tamika B.
Senior Human Resources Rep in US
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees

Excellent Recruiting Resource!

5 2 years ago

Comments: HireSelect has been beneficial in providing the necessary screening of potential employees and their skillsets for our organization. As a result of usage from this software, it has saved a lot of time as it has boosted productivity and eliminated candidates who weren't a fit.

Pros:

The vital pre-employment tools that test candidates remotely in order to see if they are a fit for our organization.

Cons:

I have not experienced any negativity from association with this wonderful software as it has boost recruiting productivity immensely.

Nicholas S.
CEO in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Solved all our hiring needs

5 last year

Pros:

The pre-screening tests with evergreen hiring funnels are great

Cons:

the automation setup costs extra, should be included.

Terry L.
Office Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Great Tests, Great results

5 3 years ago

Comments: They were very helpful in helping me select the tests, best length of time for each set of tests. They were informative but never pushy.

Pros:

The Skills Test and how well the results were to read and analyze.

Cons:

Would love to have an answer key. We trained our Admins from the tests that we gave them.T=

Samantha M.
Command Center Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Love it

5 3 years ago

Comments: Truly positive
It's been beneficial to our hiring, saved us from some hires that would have been cultural detractors

Pros:

It is customizable and makes recommendations

Cons:

Job creation doesn't intuitively walk you through reviewing test options, creating test, then creating test batteries. It does it backwards.

Riddhi P.
HR Manager in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Hireselect

5 3 years ago

Comments: easy to use and nicely packaged

Pros:

easy to customize, easy to break out different roles with different assessments

Cons:

maybe more assessment features, guidance on the type of assessments we should be giving, analysis on how they rank among other candidates

Jennifer H.
Human Resources Manager in US

Great Product!

5 last year

Comments: I have no complaints!

Pros:

HireSelect is very intuitive and easy to use. I had used HS with a former employer and as soon as I had room in the budget, I implemented the product for my new company. I use the testing, the ATS feature, and the calendar to schedule interviews. Customer Support is top notch and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always quick to help.

Cons:

I wish it would integrate more holistically with BambooHR so I could use the feature seamlessly. Other than that, it works great.

Paul D.
Remote Support Service Manager in US

Great software for getting insight into job candidates

5 3 months ago

Pros:

The software is easy to use and very powerful. We get detailed reports about job candidates to see if they're the right fit for the job.

Cons:

We only had one issue with the software when it went down one day, but otherwise it's been stable.

John S.
General Manager in US
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

Pre-Interview Testing is a blessing!

5 2 years ago

Comments: HireSelect saves me time and money! It also saves the applicant time and money by not wasting their time on non-productive interviews or enough worse, a serious mismatch on career selection.

Pros:

HireSelect lets me choose a wide range of tests that upon completion will provide me with a better insight as to the value each applicant can provide. Different positions require different skills and HireSelect does not lock me into a one-size-fits-all testing program. I make the decisions on what traits, skills, intelligence, education, etc. are most important for each position I am looking to fill. A number of these tests have a built-in truth detector that is triggered if an applicant strays from fact into fiction!

Cons:

HireSelect is a fantastic resource. I have no complaints, no least-liked features, etc. I value the entire package!

Desiree N.
Desiree N.
Assistant Director of Human Resources in US
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees

Love HireSelect and their Staff

5 3 years ago

Comments: Perfect. Our rep has always gone above and beyond and is always accessible for questions or concerns as they arise. Same for the tech team.

Pros:

I love the fact that I can email the clerical test to a candidate and not be worried about space for someone in the office taking the exam.

Cons:

Personally, I liked the functionality of the software before the last update. It's still a wonderful product however, we just have to do things a little differently.

Head of People in Germany
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees

Scratches my academic itch in recruiting

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Scientifically validated, easily distributed to applicants, high quality results and UI.

Cons:

Not adapted to international market, all the benchmarking tools focus on the US.

Donna S.
HR Director in US
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

Great Software

5 3 years ago

Comments: HireSelect has improved our Talent Acquisition process by helping us make better candidate selections. Through employee personality profile scores, and by matching candidate competencies against benchmarks, we are finding candidates who are proving to be better fits for certain jobs, which is also leading to increased employee retention.

Pros:

I like that I can create my own battery of assessments, based on each specific job description. I also like how quickly I can access the results, can compare candidates' assessments, and can review individual competencies.

Cons:

On the Employee Personality Profile, I wish there were a few more benchmarked positions to choose from.

David D.
David D.
Vice President of Operations in US
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

Take hiring to the next level

4 3 years ago

Comments: Customer service has been fantastic, ready to help or explain at a moments notice (Support team is fantastic). The results are fairly easy to get used to and measure. I like that we can create acceptable result levels and compare online.

Pros:

Scientifically backed results that really do level the playing field for candidates (and existing employees) when trying to put the right person in the right seat. Paired with a solid interview process and testing abilities, the cognitive and personality profile tests have been invaluable to make the final decisions in hiring.

Cons:

Unless hiring a large number of people, the per test cost is a bit high. Also seem to be sharing costs with services and technology that I am not using.

Kimberly H.
HR Recruiter in US
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees

Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: So far we like what we have seen and it has helped us select. Unfortunately now with COVID-19 we aren't hiring so not getting to use the software much. While we are not hiring we are testing out the surveys.

Pros:

We like that the software can help us in selecting the right candidate for our position. It has allowed us to see some traits that might not be present in the interview.

Cons:

I did have some trouble with some of the tests and selecting the correct tests to take (excel, etc). Also it is difficult when some of the jobs we have aren't in the list so we you have to select something that is closest to that.

AVP Human Resources in US

Seamless Integration with JazzHR

5 9 months ago

Pros:

We use Criteria to administer two tests for all of our positions: a personality profile and cognitive abilities test. I love how easy it is to administer these tests to candidates and quickly see the results sent to my inbox. Administratively, it was a breeze to set up and maintain. I took the tests when I myself was a candidate and enjoyed the process.

Cons:

Not really a con, but I should point out that we don't take advantage of all the features available as we use JazzHR for our applicant tracking and talent profiling. This was already in place before we learned about Criteria and we didn't see the need to move everything over to one system since Criteria integrates so well with Jazz.