MindView 7

Matt C.
Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The new “baseline” concept has been wonderful for tracking repeated, similar projects. One can visualize where projects bog down and analysis can be done on how to either revise estimates or improve particular workflows.

Cons: The price of the software certainly gives one pause, but the purchases it worth it. It’s still a tall point of entry.

Useful mind mapping tool

Reviewed on 25/08/2019
Frank V.
CTO
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is the most useful mind-mapping application I have used, mostly because it makes it very easy to export your brainstorming and planning documents into files others can use. With a little trial and error we've been able to create Word documents (e.g. scope of work definitions), Excel worksheets (e.g. service estimates), PowerPoint presentations and MS Project files, all from the same source MindView file. The product has made it easier to go from brainstorming to planning to executing, providing consistency and saving time by eliminating the manual transfer of information between applications.

Pros: - Variety of visualization formats goes well beyond basic mind maps, making it a powerful process-management aid.
- Product is stable with a mature feature set.
- Excellent integration with Microsoft Office. Product makes it easy to turn mind maps into documents that can be submitted to others for consumption.
- Good technical support and excellent service from sales team.

Cons: - Quality of integration with various MS Office tools varies; it's great for Excel and Word, weaker for PowerPoint.
- RTF editor for notes can be awkward to manage and requires a lot of discipline to generate MS Word exports that do not require a lot of post-export editing.
- Even though product supports and will use MS Word templates, getting things to look right can be difficult, particularly if your templates have embedded graphics.
- Cost. It's not inexpensive.

Project management and research

Roger D.
Professor
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use it for essentially everything I do. I’ve used it for planning, developing proposals, developing project plans, and now using it for research.

Pros: Begin using Mindview as a project management tool, but turns out it is more of a productivity improvement tool. I have reviewed all of the mind mapping applications on the market and Mindview is the best. I absolutely love the integration of project management tools. It’s exporting features to Microsoft word and XL work great. I am now using it for research and being able to manage sources and produce papers in the right format is priceless.

Cons: I can honestly say that there is nothing I do not like about Mindview. I’ve used it consistently for five years and I am continually amazed at the new applications I discover every time I use it.

What would I do without Mindview?

Cathy B.
Destination Wedding Specialist
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Mindview allows brainstorming in an organic way. It saves me time, and time is money. I am able to keep all of the aspects of my project organized and track the progress easily. Since I have multiple projects ongoing simultaneously, I can also keep those all organized and prioritized. I love the fact that I can bring other people into the project and get real time interaction and constant updates. Sharing and presenting the project is easy and more impactful and effective since it works the same way that the mind does. Having everything on one page allows me to see, and to show others, the flow and the relationships between different aspects of the project. I'm a long time happy user!!

Cons: Honestly, I can't think of a single thing. Each update just gives me new tools and surprises! Thanks Mindview!

Recommendation for the MindView 7 Software

William K.
Sr. Program Manager
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The ability to have an idea(s) and develop a quick Mind Map(s) which is easy to change and modify and then convert to an MS-PowerPoint presentation(s), as well as into MS-Word Document(s), and into MS-Excel file(s) for task assignments and/or outline structure(s). The above was equally true with our experiences of moving a Mind Map into MS-Project for improved project scheduling and assignments.

Pros: The ease of use for MindView 7 software is extremely easy to follow. The support assistance is great as well as the online traning videos. Great feature to convert a Mind Map to MS-Project, MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, with bi-directional update capabilities.

Cons: Nothing as the overall software package is great, well designed, and has excellent support.

Personal Review of MindView

Michael T.
Project Consultant
Higher Education, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have successfully applied MindView on a variety of efforts -- >>> TEDx Event Planning ..... Organizational Alignment and Operations ..... Multiple Project Plans (IT and Home improvement) ..... Academic Course Development ..... Identification and Explanation of Complex Processes

Pros: Having worked with several other software products, I am always drawn back to MindView due to its user interface (friendliness) and versatility (aka power). It has proven its worth to me and others on a wide variety of efforts, ranging from a TEDx Event to a 9-11 Memorial Run. Part of its "power" is its ease of use to the newcomer, as well as how the various screens are presented for viewing and interpretation by all.

Cons: Years ago, there was a limitation re the simultaneous use of multiple applications, but that since been resolved.

Great tool when you need both, simple project management and mind mapping

Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Gerente de Innovación Tecnológica
51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can work on two very different activities (project management and mind mapping) from the same light and intuitive tool.

Pros: It supports two of my more frequent activities, 90% of its features are very intuitive, a few times I've had a doubt for performing something very specific and help / support have solved it in a very short time. Has very useful reports and export formats.

Cons: When doing mind mapping, I sometimes miss some of freemind's features. I'd like it to have some sort of integration with cloud services for automatic exporting or publishing to websites, sharepoint, yammer, etc. Maybe these don't qualify as features a software product like Mindview should have, and it is only that my use cases are somehow unusual.

Great MindMapping Software

Reviewed on 18/10/2019
Julie H.
HR
Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I chose MindView because for its capacity to move from a MindMap to a Gantt Chart and Timeline. I was using Excel to run my projects before using MindView .
It is easy to use and the Export to Word is saving me a lot of time.

Cons: I would like to be able to write on the link to the branch

Incredible Productivity tool

Mark S.
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: With the tool, I am more easily able to: Organize ideas for presentations. Decompose written articles. Building and evaluating project plans.

Pros: Mindview allows me to facilitate understanding of complex concepts and easily decompose ideas. It is easy to use and is completely integrated with the entire Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project. The tools allow me to both present the information in Microsoft Office but also import from Office.

Cons: The file interface does not have the same look and feel as the MS office interface.

Tools for improving individual and business improvement/development/change/innovation

Dr. frank J.
President/CEO
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Increasing market share. Uniquely positioning our products and services. Creative thinking and innovation are easier to obtain.

Pros: Ease of use. Integration with Microsoft Office. Value-added results obtained immediately. I have endorsed/recommended MindView to individuals who attend seminars and use our Reinvention System. We are currently adding the software to our Reinvention System package. My corporate customers embrace usage and find significant process improvements in their organizations.

Cons: None really jump out. Some pricing resistance from corporate customers.

Tried many, this is my favorite. Unique for its full integration with MS Office incl. MS Project

Reviewed on 07/09/2018
Jean-francois B.
Program Manager
Telecommunications, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Bought Mindview 5 Professional then upgraded as new useful functions became available search as mindmap filters, calculation formula improvement etc

Pros: Easy to use
Import-Export to the MS Office Suite including MS Project
Great customer service

Cons: the initial investment, well worth it to manage projects in particular

Great Product, tool and resource-it has changed the way I do work and think.

John W.
Sr Consultant
Program Development, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great experience , helps planning , prioritizing, sharing information, collaboration , and creativity. Has changed the way I do work, and wish I had learned about this product earlier, would of of saved me money and time of which it has given me more of both of them

Pros: Ease of use, flexibility, feature rich, compatibility with other software

Cons: No problems with mind view, works great for me

Easily the best mind mapping software out there for project management.

Reviewed on 14/01/2018
UI Developer
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am able manage projects so much easier now than before, no matter the scale of the project. The office integration allows me to export all the data easily to Word, excel, and project.

Pros: The project management features and the ability to switch the data from a mind map to gantt chart to timeline in one click.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but it's not too bad because there are tutorial videos built into the software.