Total Management Reviews

by Total Management

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.3 /5

About Total Management

Web based property management software. Complete multitasking, easy to use and affordable.

Learn more about Total Management

Will N.
Director of Property Management

"Satisfied User"

Comments: There is a learning curve with all new software so it took some time to get used to Total Management. We are overall satisfied but I will share some challenges we've experienced. 1) We can only email customer support and not pick up the phone and call and speak with someone immediately. However, when we've emailed problems to customer support, we immediately got a response and an answer to our question. 2) We've been working with customer support to automatically calculate our monthly management fee, which is between 4-5% of the gross collections on each property; however, this problem is still outstanding and we've given up. We cannot get the system to automatically calculate the monthly management fee. 3) Total Management should have a budget feature in the software program. Sophisticated owners require a detailed budget, YTD actuals, etc. We are using the TM budget Excel spread sheet but it would be helpful to have everything included in the software and not have to copy and paste into Excel.

Pros: Tracks income and expenses and provides detailed reports. Easy to use.

Cons: No budget features in software. We are using the TM Excel spread sheet.

Hi Will,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Hearing back from our users is important to us in continuing to provide a great experience. We're glad to hear that you've found our support team helpful!

Nicolas M.
Support Technician
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"It´s an excellent tool for real estate administration!"

Comments: For this short 6 months period I have been using this software, I noticed it´s an useful and very complete tool in the real estate business. There were some things I suggested to the support department and they solve the issue in a way that I can work better right now. Keep evolving! Excellent choice of Software.

Pros: - I can access the information anywhere I am.
- I have all the information in one place.
- I can upload anything i want to the software.
- Make the sellers´ easier.
- It´s great!

Cons: - I can not translate default reports or letters.
- I can not ask for or create new reports, the way specifically I want.

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your review! Happy to hear that you've enjoyed our support team and the ease of access to the program. Recommendations from users like you are always great feedback.

Kristen P.
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

"Good software"

Comments: I am enjoying using Total Management. The set up was not great. I am not sure if it was on our end, or your end, but when the info was inputted the numbers from previous rent collections were all incorrect. I love how the rent rolls print out. I like how you can put rent escalators in there. Everyone has been helpful when I had a question. Training was good.

Pros: Rent escalators, rent roll reports - We really only use it to add rent, print reports, etc.

Cons: Set up seemed to take awhile and the numbers in put were not accurate.

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the rent escalators and roll report within our program!

Lauren S.
Accounting Manager

"Reporting is not Great"

Comments: I wish there were options to customize reports. The general ledger is also really bad. Other than that it works great for what we need it to do.

Pros: I like that you can work in all companies at once. I also like that you can upload the invoices into the program. I like the overall workflow and look of the software.

Cons: The reporting. I need to be able to customize reports. I also hate that buildings are set up as different entities in an accounting sense. I also hate that you can not upload a budget and run reports with the budget.

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad to know that you're enjoying our document upload aspect of the program. Hearing feedback from our users is important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Marie D.
Executive Assistant
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2017

"Needs to be easier for a savvy, super experienced person to figure out faster without orientation."

Comments: The program seems limited in features to query and report. Support is sooooo hard to get and most of the time the answer is no it doesn't do that. :( -- sorry.

Pros: Screen transition very good and quick.
Color scheme very good
Arrangement of Data is good.

Cons: Query features are too limited does not meet needs.
Training and support to limited, we may have never used the program to the full.
Invoicing, reporting too limited. Customizing too limited. TEXT TOO SMALL

Pamela F.
Property Manager
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"TM"

Comments: may need better accounting reports.

Pros: Initially there is a quick learning curve. lots of reports. Easy to keep track of inquiries, work orders, etc.

Cons: I don't like only chat for customer service. should have phone service for more complicated issues.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Kelly V.

"Great Software!"

Comments: Excellent software for managing multiple properties! Support is friendly and knowledgeable. Features are great!

Pros: everything is in one place

Cons: invoicing clients from management company is difficult

Hi Kelly,

We appreciate you leaving a review. We're glad to know that you've had a friendly experience with our support team!

Ted L.
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2012

Comments: Our organization, which manages multi family housing units in the affordable and supportive sectors, switched to Total Management from PropertyWare, despite a strong sense of skepticism, having tried a number of real estate management programs unsuccessfully. It took about a month of simulated practice, (all of which was done on the free trial) and about a week for actual implementation. While the adjustment (mostly psychological) took some work, I haven't been more pleased with a business tool since the advent of the PC. The breadth of data that becomes available is amazing, and the ways in which it can be looked at and analyzed is nothing short of revelatory. The most exciting piece of the package is the full integration of the management function to the accounting, thereby eliminating the double entry requirement and all the errors that follow. My employees are equally impressed, and it has increased their productivity immensely. The best news is how we found over $10K in rent-receivables owed by a government agency, which was promptly paid! Amazing what the right information can do for a business. Lastly, but perhaps most importantly, the support has been superb. Knowledgeable and highly personal, the guys at "command central" seem like our very own IT department, and have infinite patience to boot...I recommend most wholeheartedly!!

• Reviewed on 12/01/2012
Jasvin G.
Apprentice
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2018

"solution to manage porperties for mid-size"

Comments: To conclude, free accountant (for trail version only) for your real estate property management which sums out detailed account report, yet reliable.

Pros: Multi-tasking with quick navigation adopted from quickbook. Generate account report and versatile navigation-tree for quick navigation.

Cons: They should upbring a voice-calling customer support center instead of on-screen chat and trial version should be having less restriction.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2018
Kaisha P.
community manager
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Good for Small Companies"

Comments: This is a good program for small companies managing a small portfolio. It doesn't have as good features as Yardi but will do the trick in terms of keeping track. It lacks accuracy (ie prorating days in a month, counting late payments, and being able to add lessees instead of just occupants, etc.) but I think I'm picky because of my corporate experience.

Pros: it is run online.

Cons: too simple.

Hi Kaisha,

Thanks for leaving us a review! Hearing back from our users is important - we appreciate you sharing about your experience with us.

Rodney S.
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2012

Comments: I am new to the Property Management industry, and Total Management software has made my job much easier. I purchased an apartment complex due to the fact that my existing career had taken a steady decline with the falling economy. So I had no idea what I was really getting into. This software made the transition go rather smoothly. After I learned the basic skills needed to use the program efficiently, the process has gone very easy. I never thought tracking rents and tenants for 96 units would be as complex as it is, but without Total Management I feel my life would be very hectic.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2012
Jennifer W.
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2017

"We love Total Management"

Comments: This system works so well for anybody who does property management. It is streamlined and keeps us organized. I would recommend this software program to anyone, big or small.

Hi Jennifer,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that our program helps keep you organized!

• Reviewed on 16/02/2017
James H.
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2017

"Great Property Management Software!"

Comments: We have been using Total Management in our office for over a year now and it makes it easy to keep track of multiple multi-Family units. Highly Recommended!

Hi James,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're happy to hear that our program has helped make it easier to track multi-family units!

• Reviewed on 06/02/2017
Kristy T.

"Shelbyville KY"

Comments: I find the software easy to use. I wish there was an area to keep track of Capitol items such as new appliances, carpet in the units separate from tenants.

Hi Kristy,

Thank you for leaving a review. We're happy to know that you're finding the program easy to use!

Rudy V.

"Cofe Review"

Comments: My experience has been good so far. Whenever I've had an issue, customer support staffs have been able to help me.

Hi Rudy,

Thanks for your review! Glad to hear that you've found our support team to be helpful!

Leasing Professional
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2018

"Works well for a small portfolio"

Comments: I used total management daily, and it is a very useful tool. It gives me the ease of multitasking to track repairs, run reports, and find resident information.

Pros: I used total management for my growing portfolio of multi family units. It helps keep us organized and offers streamlined access to reports, rent rolls, and ledgers. It is pretty accessable if you are used to this type of software.

Cons: Integration to other softwares is limited, and customer support is not the strongest.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2018
Shawn F.

"TM is terrific"

Comments: I've been using TM to manage my multiple commercial properties for several years and simply love it. It's so easy to use and has great features as well. I recommend TM to any all property owners who want to easily and effectively manage their properties.

Pros: The simplicity and ease of use. The reporting features are great.

Cons: I love it all.

Hi Shawn,

We appreciate your review! Happy to hear that our program has helped make it easy to manage your commercial properties! Don't forget about our referral program, where you can get a $50 amazon gift card for any referral that signs up with us.

Nadine D.
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Total Management provides the Total Package"

Comments: Using the Total Management program has made the process of collecting rent, tracking expenses and doing the CAM Reconciliation for our commercial spaces a breeze! If there is a question about generating a report, the customer service is prompt and helpful. Highly recommend this user friendly program.

Pros: User friendly, straight forward and simple.

Cons: Aging on some of the reports as we were so used to using Quickbooks - it is just different..

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that you're finding it easy to use our program for your business!

Kelly R.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"This is a good system for tracking property management rents and accounting"

Comments: Overall a good experience, the system is user friendly and the "how to" feature helps work through most problems that I have come across.

Pros: This is user friendly, edits are easy to make, you can manage multiple properties and companies with easy.

Cons: There should be a way to emailing tenants/clients allowing the ability to type a detailed message to the tenant.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience and that you're finding our program to be easy to use!

Jeff G.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"Excellent, easy to use software."

Comments: Our experience has been really good - easy to implement, great help screens & great customer service.

Pros: Easy to implement. Very logical. Cost efficient.

Hi Jeff,

We appreciate you leaving a review. Happy to hear that your experience with us has been really good!

Armando P.
Controller- Real Estate
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Great starter software"

Comments: We've had TM for about 2 years now. It is a simple starter software that has many functionalities to track multi building and multi tenant operations. It has not been a software that can be integrated into our accounting software, so it has been a better way than excel to track our properties, but has not been the tool to solve all of our issues.

Pros: It has helped us to manage our properties in a more organized way than excel.

Cons: integration to other softwares. We can not use the accounting, payable and CAm Rec functions, as we have other main softwares that we use and shared services who we can not ask to manage dual softwares.

Hi Armando,

We appreciate you leaving us a review! We're glad to hear that our program has helped organize property management for Pacific Dental Services! It's important for us to hearback from our users, and we appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience with us.

Christina S.
Director of Internal Controls
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Very user friendly software"

Comments: I've enjoyed using the program and found it very easy to learn. The support team is very helpful and has quick response times.

Pros: easy to use and allows changes for error

Cons: think reports should be easy to run

Hi Christina,

Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying using our program and that is has been very easy to learn.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2017
Lynda G.
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2013

Comments: We are a residential property management/owner company. We were looking for a simple, easy to use, robust system that would allow us to have all info at our fingertips, and also wouldn't cost and arm and a leg. We were utilizing a very complicated software system that would not allow us the flexibility required. We opted to have all prior history entered into the system as opposed to having it uploaded (for our own reasons). The input of historical data took some time on our end, and we had a few issues all due to user (on our end) error. Each and every time we had difficulty, complications, or any problem at all - TM Support was either on-line and resolved the issue immediately, or responded advising they would get back to us with resolution and always have. The Support Team at TM is fantastic, professional, helpful, and extremely responsive. I would highly recommend this system for numerous reasons. It is economical, easy to use, and implement; and you are never without assistance when required. Thanks to all at Total Management!

• Reviewed on 03/06/2013
Terry F.
corporate manager
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2014

"Extremely helpful at every turn"

Comments: When we began working with Total Management I was immediately impressed with how much support they gave me and the staff setting everything up. Many of us were beginners and some with very little computer saavy. Anytime anyone would have a question or needed to be trained on something- they were quick to answer or schedule a training. Now that we are established, I am continually pleased by the amount of support I receive whenever there is a problem or issue that needs to be addressed and very quickly. It seems any time of the day or night Seth always seems to be there to walk me through something, explain, or fix an issue. I am 100% glad we made the choice to go with total management because I feel extremely secure with so much support and customer service every step of the way.

by Total Management on 20/11/2014

Terry,

It has been a pleasure working with you. Thank you for your kind words.

Total Management

• Reviewed on 13/10/2014
Lorrie M.
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2012

Comments: We have been in the Apartment Industry since 1988, we own 10 Communities in Northeast Ohio. We have been manually tracking traffic, move-in's, move-out's and so on. With a few months of research and hard work deciding whom to choose, in helping us streamline our company, we heard about Total Management through NOAA. So, here we are in the trial phase and getting ready to go live in a few days. It has been an adventure but one that has been fun and incite full thanks to the team at Total Management. They took all the stress out of our data entry and gave us peace of mind. We are so excited to be up and running, with no more manual documenting. I want to say how wonderful the team has been. Justin, Sarah, and David are the best team I have experienced and I look forward to a long relationship with them. If you are looking at software programs, stop...Total Management is the one to choose. Thank you Team!!

• Reviewed on 23/02/2012