• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5

About Daylite for Mac

For Mac & iOS. Manage more clients, close more deals, and finish more projects with Daylite. Made for teams that love Macs.

Learn more about Daylite for Mac

Minerals Engineer
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"Powerful and highly customisable multi-function app, but subscription prohibitive for non-commercial"

Comments: 1. My primary contact list, especially for business associates and friends​ globally from my working life.
2. List of domestic service providers with all relevant data such as contact details, account numbers etc. I have created forms as records of vehicle and equipment maintenance. All these can be linked including receipts imported as pdfs.
3. Domestic and community project management where suppliers, venues, resources, tasks, schedules/pipelines and receipts are linked.

Pros: Almost infinitely customisable fields, keywords etc. for fast data search and smart lists.
A CRM database, with the added functions of project management and data forms.
Automatic copying of e-mails to companies and people​.
Ability to telephone from the app.
Ability to create templates and forms.
Linking of people, companies, tasks, correspondence​ and files such as receipts to a project, for example.
Not enough time to list all its amazing features!

Cons: Daylite is aimed at the corporate market. The switch to subscription service will sooner or later make it unaffordable for me as a retiree using Daylite for non-commercial personal and community projects. Marketcircle really should offer​ a lower cost version for personal use.
Because Daylite is so highly customisable, you need to have a very clear idea of what data you need and how you will use it before starting. However, once you have it set-up to your liking it is intuitive and simple with the aid of templates and forms etc.

by Marketcircle on 05/12/2018

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

It's great to hear you value how customizable Daylite is. We're proud that it's simple to use yet really adaptive!

If you'd like, we'd love for you to reach out to us at [email protected] so we can go over pricing with you and find the best option.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Michael W.
Agile Software Coach
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2017

"Daylite supports me to work how I think, natively on my Apple devices, convenient+safe in the cloud"

Comments: * Contact and Calendar on steroids! Rich linking to capture the rich relationships that really exist in the real world.
* Project/task management
* Opportunity management for an extended job search. This could not have happened via a spreadsheet, contrary to job coach advice. A job search is too rich to be 2-dimensional.
* Native Apple look-and-feel, and UX.
* Tracking multiple opportunities in my job search pipeline.
* Integration to email. It just fits in the tools I use every day.

Pros: Rich linking -- My ADHD mind isn't deficient in attention - it makes rich connections. Daylite allows me to do that, too. If I think an association is important to capture, Daylite lets me do that. Many other CRM's force an association model on me. I like it that Daylite allows me to make the associations that make sense for me because it let's me later view different perspectives of those links -- everything (yes, everything) that's relevant to a person, an appointment, a note, an opportunity. If I think that's an important as it's top-of-mind, I capture that relationship for later use. Integrated with native Mail.app -- It's great to link mail to sales opportunities (and people, and tasks and appointment, and projects) all without leaving mail. Then, when I'm back in DL, all that mail shows up when it's relevant. I don't have to go searching through INBOX. Customer service -- World class. I wouldn't doubt if I were in the top 1% of customers requesting support. I've contacted them A LOT! I always get personal, courteous, expert responses. That's rare. I value that deeply. Apple first -- The interface does not make concessions to Windows look-and-feel or UX. Yeah! As an Apple-only user, that suits my thinking and muscle memory just fine! Underdogs -- I feel like I'm part of a movement -- an all-apple CRM that kicks butt for usability and productivity.

Cons: * Beyond-expert-level features and keybindings. Marketcircle is small, and doesn't (yet) have the customer base to get to the kinds of features that my power-user toolsmith mindset would want. For example, some actions require use of a mouse, and I'm a HUGE fan of keeping my fast fingers on the keyboard. That's a nit to pick, but it's the kind of detail that comes from a larger customer base. Missing - a browser-based (or API) interface -- There are some times that I just don't have my phone or MacBook with me. It would be nice to use any-old-browser. Ah... the tradeoffs for being tightly coupled to Apple-only devices (BTW... See "pros" for same issue).

by Marketcircle on 29/08/2017

Thank you Michael for your wonderful review!

• Reviewed on 29/08/2017
Elaine T.
Production Consultant
Media Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2017

"The best project management app I have been able to find. I don't think another, as good, exists."

Comments: Without this software it would be a great deal harder to control each of the projects I work on. Every project has a different client base and different suppliers, all of whom can be input into the system. It's the control over information that gives peace of mind.

Pros: Daylite makes it very easy to track every project on my desk. I am a one woman company, working on a number of projects at any one given time and it could so easily be chaos without Daylite. Being able to view emails and documents within projects, as well as the ability to add notes is essential. Since I moved to a Cloud account it has been even better. Very reliable and easy to keep up to date while on the move. There is a lot that is customisable of which I only use a small amount, however that may change as I make use of the tutorials available. The calendar syncs across with ease and the 'Home' page is an essential tool, giving a clear view of the days appointments and tasks. Much of the software is customisable.

Cons: I am always seeking ways to work 'smarter' and thus save time. I would love it if there was a little more functionality so that I could input information on the Project page that would automatically populate a custom sheet in, say, reports. That would save me a huge amount of time. Being able to see the status of all projects and project history on one page would certainly be helpful to me.

by Marketcircle on 14/08/2017

Thank you Elaine for your review. I will email you for there is a way to see all your projects in one view.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2017
Gary M.
REALTOR®
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"Daylite is the Back Bone"

Comments: There are many Real Estate CRM offerings but most are just tracking how many times a client connection is made and using predesigned templates that often look and feel like exactly what they are - computer generated communications that are have a high probability of being filtered into junk mail. These programs are expensive if one looks at what they provide versus Daylite and as we know having multiple tracking programs and calendars is is not good time management and results in habits not being formed to ensure success. Daylite is the best CRM I have used since these types of programs came into being.

Pros: I can capture client data and then track sales progress, email and other communications to ensure I provide the best service to my customers.

Cons: Taking the time to maximize my use of forms and other templates that could improve my productivity

• Reviewed on 29/01/2020
Chris D.
Photographer/owner
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2017

"I look at Daylite as being my electronic office manager. Keeps me on track, and organized."

Comments: Helps keep my business activities, new biz, existing clients, projects' coordination, and link to billings on track, helping to reduce the stress of running my business.

Pros: As a sole proprietor, I needed a package that would keep me on track, and organized throughout all aspects of running my business. When used religiously, Daylite reduces the stress of being a business owner, allowing me to concentrate on being a creative professional. I am just beginning to use Daylite to organize my new business efforts, and am confident that it's keen organizational features will help grow my business. Now cloud based, I have access to my synchronized Daylite data across all platforms, IOS & Mac, from anywhere I have an internet connection.

Cons: Fairly steep learning curve that is worth the initial pain. The user MUST be dilligent in entering all pertinent data related to a project, prospect, lead, opportunity et.al. Enter the pertinent data immediately into Daylite and you will be rewarded with a secure, and concise database of information structured to keep the business owner on track. BUT, you must take the initial efforts to enter pertinent data. So, it is a con, but work thru that initial pain and it will be rewarded.

by Marketcircle on 13/09/2017

Thank you very much Chris for your review!

• Reviewed on 13/09/2017
Benoit S.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2020

"Essential"

Comments: I used the software for over 5 years and I recently came back to it having started a company with a partner. It is perfect to centralize the information and keep everything transparence.

Pros: This software is like an assistant to me. Once out of my head, I know the information will come back at the right time reminding me what I have to do.

Cons: The app has a lot if limitation. The mail assistant is great, but complicated for answers on the go via the Iphone.

by Marketcircle on 11/06/2020

Hi Benoit, we're so glad Daylite is helpful and works as an assistant for you!

We know how much it helps to have everything in one place! Thank you for taking the time to review us :)

• Reviewed on 09/05/2020
Owner / Business Intermediary, Murphy Business Alberta
Capital Markets, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2018

"I wanted a Mac friendly CRM that resided on my desktop. Daylite fit the bill."

Pros: That fact that it integrates with Mail and other Apple products so smoothly. You don't have to compromise your daily computing environment by using Outlook or some other third-party product. I'm not crazy about it moving to a SaaS model but I understand the business reasons for it. And it's still an Apple/Macintosh product which will retain me as a user. I had one support issue and it was taken care of extremely quickly and efficiently. I wish all companies' support systems were as good.

Cons: I find the search function can be slow at times and I may not always get the results I expect. I also wish you could easily move chronologically through the entries that are listed in the "All Activity" view of a project, opportunity. I open something to read it, then have to close it to go to the next entry. These reasons are why I only gave it 4 stars on ease of use.

by Marketcircle on 26/02/2018

Thank you for your review and we're super happy that you had a great experience from our Customer Service Team.

I have sent over your feature requests to our Design and Development Team.

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate it! May you continue to win more business and get more done with Daylite. :)

• Reviewed on 24/02/2018
Eric L.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2017

"Get Product For The Apple Centric Environment"

Comments: Daylite manages customers, accounts opportunities with ease. Tightly coupled integration with Apple Mail and calendaring functions make it a seamless product that delivers results. It has depth and many time saving features as result of this tightly coupled nature of the Apple only ecosystem. It is this point where the challenge to Daylite exists, not the product but having the customer convert from a non-Apple platform to a Apple based computing infrastructure. The barriers of cost outside of Daylite are not insignificant, but the good news is that this cost barrier is becoming less over time and most users would be happy to move to an Apple based product.

Pros: Great Opportunity management. Ability to tag specific emails through the Mail Assistant to people, companies and opportunities is one of the greatest strengths
Easy to create sales processes
Find anything instantly with database wide searching.
Easy to integrate with supported 3rd party applications such as bulk mailers

Cons: Single platform support - Apple Only. (Including no Web Portal Interface)

• Reviewed on 13/04/2017
Cv R.
President, Senior Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017

"Daylite is a gem that no small business should be without"

Comments: It's the hub and backbone of how we do business everyday. It helps internal communication to be effective and efficient. Daylite being the hub on all information related to projects and opportunities, eliminates wrong information since everyone on the team is looking at the same up-to date information.

Pros: Ability for a business to work together as a work-group and team. All key information in one place and ready to use on all your apple devices. Searching and finding your data is fast! Now with Daylite Cloud and integration with other could services, the functionality expands to new heights.

Cons: Contact information from email signatures must be entered manually into a Daylite contact. This should be automated. Having the ability to have 'outline' format in Notes would be great! Phone app sometimes continues to remind you of appointments that have been cancelled or deleted.

by Marketcircle on 19/12/2017

Thank you CV for your review of Daylite! It's great to hear that Daylite is the backbone of your business, and keeps your team up-to-date.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Robin S.
Partner
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2017

"Very Robust System for Small Business---But you Have to Put the Work In"

Pros: Daylite has a lot of functionality and wonderful integration. (Our calendar and email integrates with Daylite). We use this software for our customer database. To get the most out of the product, you need to take the tutorials so you can learn how to "tag" customers and create mini databases. For example, if you have a buyer that has bought certain items from you company, you will want to tag that buyer with the name of the item so you can pull up reports. The more you use the tags and connections, the better your reports will be. We find these very useful, but if someone in the office forgets to tag a customer properly, the data is pretty much useless.

Cons: It is not "plug and play". You need to put the work in to understand the functionality.l If you have a "lazy" employee, you might not get the full use of the software

• Reviewed on 15/03/2017
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2019

"We have used Daylite for 10 years"

Pros: You can link emails directly from Mac Mail, simple-easy-and always there. The switch to Daylite cloud was seamless and zero problems thus far. 10 years+ and still appreciate the features and ease of use.

Cons: I wish changing appt's on the calendar had an option to confirm. Also the ability to create form letters from a project with multiple contacts but utilizing one address would be a huge time saver.

by Marketcircle on 11/04/2019

Hi there,

It's awesome to hear you had a seamless move to Daylite Cloud! We know how important emails are so knowing you get value out of Daylite Mail Assistant makes us very happy!

We love hearing feedback from our customers - if you have feature requests, you can always reach out to us at [email protected] and let us know - it'd be great to hear more about your appointment and letters idea. Our developers review all requests :)

• Reviewed on 09/04/2019
Steve A.
Principal
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"Outstanding customer support and ability to customize"

Pros: In the Mac world this program has no equal in terms of the flexibility and the power of built in features and the ability to add on modules that your business needs. When you have questions or problems their system for customer support is better than ANY I have ever dealt with inside and out of the software world.

Cons: There is a steep learning curve to get to the full functionality of the product but that does not prevent you from utilizing what you need to begin with and they have great training videos.

by Marketcircle on 22/11/2018

Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to submit this positive review of Daylite. We appreciate your loyalty as a long time Daylite customer.

We understand that the learning curve can be somewhat steep. We are working on improving this for our customers and are hoping to get something out in the near future to help.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Richard W.
manager
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"Review"

Comments: Very positive.

Pros: Using Daylite allows you to see Daylight (I'm Australian) as you are able to open less time infant of your computer and more time outside of the office due to increased productivity and efficiency.

Cons: Product suggestions and enhancements are not acted on as soon as would be ideal. Now that you are not developing two parallel products; one self-serve and one cloud I am hopeful this will change.

by Marketcircle on 20/03/2019

Hi Richard,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback! We're so glad Daylite is making your more efficient and helps you get more done so you can enjoy that daylight :)

We're continuously trying to improve Daylite and are always happy to hear any about any feature requests you may have! You're always welcome to reach out to us with ideas or to check in on any request you've had in the past at [email protected]!

• Reviewed on 06/03/2019
Terry L.
Photographer
Photography
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2017

"It's not just the product but the customer service that makes a product."

Comments: Integration to other software to make it an integral part of my marketing system.

Pros: I used this software a long tim ago and decided I needed to organise my business life again so took the time to look into the cloud based version (I had spent a week trying other CRM solutions but couldn't find one that did everything I needed as easily as Daylite). As I already had expectations of what I needed from the CRM I put it through it's paces on the 30 day free trial and every couple of days I asked some really awkward questions and I always got an answer which solved my problem. It's because of this I decided to purchase the product without waiting until the end of the 30 days. It's also great that I can use it on my mobile device as well as my laptop at home without any fuss as everything is synced and the licence is all included. The integration into the mac system and products like directmail was a real clincher for me as I wanted everything to talk to each other to really make the most of it.

Cons: There are a few quirks carried over from the original version but that is just me being really picky because they needed some cons fro the review.

by Marketcircle on 30/10/2017

Thank you Terry for your review. We're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with our Customer Service team, and decided to purchase Daylite.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2017
Ryan C.
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2017

"Extremely powerful, scalable and easy to use software!"

Pros: The software can easily adapt to your needs. Automating tasks & reports can be done very easily and delegation of items in a team environment is very easy. The customer support team is very easy to deal with and are quick, efficient and friendly in their interactions letting you get back to being productive quickly!

Cons: Would like the ability to auto generate reports on given dates based upon preset filters for notes. Would alleviate time spent on repetitive tasks so long as team was diligent in uploading notes.

by Marketcircle on 16/11/2017

Thank you for your review Ryan. I will definitely let our Design and Development team know about your feature request.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2017
Helena R.
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2018

"This software is easy to use, very intuitive, and keeps my team on point."

Pros: If you dislike Salesforce because it's too cumbersome or overwhelming, then try Daylite. It offers easy to use solid CRM tools, only those you need, not those you don't.

Cons: The mobile app needs to be more like the web version. Also, even though there's little need for tech support, I prefer having a "human" to speak with to quickly resolve problems. Back and forth emailing to fix things can be frustrating when one phone call can fix it. And hiring a Daylite expert can be expensive and difficult to find.

by Marketcircle on 16/01/2018

Thank you Helena for your review, and we're happy that Daylite is easy to use, and keeps your team informed.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2018
Ben G.
Machinery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2017

"Many years user. Very good"

Comments: Organise my contacts

Pros: Works with mac mail with their DMI.
Does everything I need and more. Good feature and usage for filters.

Cons: Needs better pipe line view and usage.
Needs integrated geo map feature.
DMI needs an easy email reminder feature so you dont forget about an email you need an answer on
Needs a better way to extract company info from the web, linked in etc

by Marketcircle on 12/06/2017

Thank you Ben for your review, and we'd love to understand more regarding better pipeline views and usage. Please shoot me a message so we can have a quick chat.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2017
Vali S.
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2017

"Considering I've never used CRM software before, I came up to speed very quickly."

Comments: I love using it because it puts the items of most importance where they can be easily monitored and acted on. I've tried over the years to manage projects and opportunities using other organizational software, but none provide the links to allow the appropriate access to information that is needed for each task.

Pros: Ease of use, easy integration with Apple's Mail application. It's easy to file away all relevant e-mails and link them to project, contact, opportunity, etc.

Cons: I wish there were an easy way to keep track of billable and/or business development hours. It can be done now, but it requires a calendar entry for each event. Then, filtering on keyword (e.g. "hours") allows quick overview. Rather, I would like to see a running balance of hours spent on each opportunity and project.

by Marketcircle on 16/08/2017

Thank you Vali for our review. I have passed on your feature request to our Design and Development Team.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2017
David R.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"Using Daylite (and replacing the rest)"

Comments: In the past I have tried a number of software solutions. I've used other CRM's along with TODO list apps. Daylite allows me to keep everything in one place and basically use just one app for managing relationships as well as email (on my desktop), projects, tasks, my calendar and more. No more jumping from one app to another - it's all here. Basically every bit of information about a client can be linked. The forms and reports are incredibly useful and it's the only CRM I have found that allows me to link and show important items in my Apple Calendar (without having to use Google Calendar.) Now scheduling is a breeze.

Pros: I love the integration. When using the desktop app I can link everything and see the relationships right away. I use it as a smart contact list, a project planner, a reminder system - and even very simple finance tracking. The learning curve has been fairly easy and I have to be honest, I appreciate Marketcircle's videos as well as the user guide when I get stuck.

Cons: The only 'wish list' item I have is for Daylite's mobile app to allow linking incoming emails with contacts and organizations. Other than that I can't think of anything else I want it to do.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Jeff H.
Sales Rep
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2018

"I have used Daylite for several years. Recently upgraded to the new Cloud version. Very easy to do."

Pros: I am in sales. The program allows me to keep everything I need in one place. I have all the basics working. Still exploring and trying new features. Have it linked to my iPhone and iPad.

Cons: I would like to be able to pull name address information out of the body copy of an email and automatically make a new contact in Daylite.

by Marketcircle on 22/01/2018

Thank you very much Jeff for your review of Daylite.

We're happy to learn that you're enjoying Daylite Cloud, and it helps you manage your sales.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2018
David L.
Managing Principal & Lead Consultant
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2017

"Outstanding in every way... Consistently improve and support the experience over six years of use."

Pros: Intuitive interface, powerful data collection and incredible ability to cross-link data. I LOVE that it supports the "Getting Things Done" methodology and is so flexible that it can be modified to support many types of workflows. Team connectivity is simple, yet powerful. The few times I've had questions or issues, I've had live support within two hours to help me.

by Marketcircle on 22/11/2017

Thank you David for your review. Thank you for supporting and loving Daylite.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2017
Connie H.
Director of Litigation Support
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2018

"Outstanding product with excellent customer support"

Pros: Ease of use with excellent training materials on-line. If there is an issue, customer support has a very rapid response and always solve the problem.

Cons: I have made feature requests which I would like to see implemented more quickly, but I know I'm only one of many, many users.

by Marketcircle on 02/02/2018

Thank you Connie for your review of Daylite.

We're happy that you love Daylite, and you find our training materials useful.

I will submit your feature requests to our Design and Development Team.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2018
Konstantinos P.
Professor
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Excellent software! Best from many that I have tried over many years."

Pros: Mail Assistant, many-to-many relations, linking anything to anything, defining relations, grouping, searching, reporting. Excellent intuitive and effective user interface.

Cons: Limited formatting and no graphics in notes. Better drag and drop user interface for links to folders and documents.

by Marketcircle on 13/02/2018

Thank you Konstantinos for you review of Daylite!

We're happy to know that you find Daylite to be excellent and intuitive in running your business.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Jim C.
President/Sales Mgr.
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2016

"Daylite 6"

Comments: Overall, Daylite 6 seems to be just the ticket for our size company and my particular needs. They have a ton of training videos, although I think they are a little to generic. As a first time CRM user, I had a hard time getting my head wrapped around the "what's the first step to take in getting started" part, but since I have been working it for about 8 weeks now it is starting to make more sense. They should do a video entitled, "Here's how to begin using Daylite."

Pros: I like the way it integrates with Mac Mail, Calendar, and Contacts and ties them all together, and especially like the Projects segment, although it too, needs a better tutorial.

Cons: Wish the difference between Tasks and Wordlist items was a little better defined, and the section on Opportunities. Also a way to have better view of "what I've got in the works" would be helpful.... to see it in almost more a calendar, or list view would be good, although maybe that I just haven't gotten there yet. Bottom line is I'm still going month-to-month until I see if this is the one.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2016
Jane G.
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"Awesome to use"

Pros: This is actually a very cool app to use, has to be the best one I've tried and it has a lot of great features and nice interface. It's a bit on the heavy side actually for a freelancer but still very useful, and there's Apple Mail integration. There's also Integrations and add-ons available, such as Mailchimp and Calendar which is super useful, and there's a free trial where you don't have to give them your credit card.

Cons: A little laggy, seems to draw on a lot of resources some days (depends on what other apps I have open). Also I do think it's a bit pricey.

by Marketcircle on 22/05/2018

Hi Jane, thanks for the review! We are glad to hear that you you enjoyed the deep feature set Daylite offers as well as add-ons and integrations!

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018