15 years helping Australian businesses

About Dayforce HCM

A cloud-based HCM platform that brings together payroll, time and attendance, and HR.

Learn more about Dayforce HCM

Pros:

Nice demo with good support. Pricing is a bit out of our budgeted amount.

Cons:

The Customer Service is really poor. I have been asking for this report that I used with the system that I used with the system I had used prior to Ceridian Dayforce.

Dayforce HCM ratings

4.2
3.8
4.2
4.0

8.0/10

Dayforce HCM has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 946 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dayforce HCM before?

Melinda
Melinda
Corporate Compensation, Payroll and Benefits Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce HCM

Comments: I love the software platform. I was the project leader during implementation and have been the Administrator since. This is in addition to the Payroll Manager, Benefits Manager, Leave of Absence Administrator and Entitlements Manager. I could not do all of this if the software was exceptional.

Pros:

Dayforce is fully integrated and offers real-time data. The features are easy to use and understand. There is full transparency for both managers and employees. There is a full arsenal of reporting and dashboard options so downloading information is easy. While customization costs, it is an effective way to ensure that the look and feel convey your environment.

Cons:

Any changes needed to your set up result in very high priced change orders, even when the change requested is because of Ceridian issue. The service time for these change projects can sometimes be in excess of 6 months.

Software Developer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Optimizing human capital management with Dayforce

Comments: My experience with Dayforce HCM has been positive. It has improved the efficiency and effectiveness of our HR procedures by cutting down on manual work. The centralized design of the platform improves HR's ability to work with staff.

Pros:

Dayforce HCM is an all-inclusive system that does an excellent job of integrating different HR processes. Payroll, time and attendance, benefits administration, and labor management are all efficiently managed by the centralized system.

Cons:

The system is powerful, but it takes some time to get it up and running for the first time. The implementation time might be cut in half with better onboarding materials.

Caitlin
Payroll Administrator Intermediate Accountant in Canada
Wine & Spirits, 51–200 Employees

Dayforce Review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

How robust it is. If you can think it, the product can likely do it.

Cons:

The reporting feature. It is difficult to navigate and understand

Adelaide
kitchen hand in Canada
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

from a employees point of view

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: when it did work you could tell it was minimally programed- simple and stiff,
felt like it was some windows XP add on

Pros:

a year ago when it worked it was bare bones, and a bit janky, but i was able to use it, had I not been already tech fluent it would have been like pulling teeth

Cons:

as I have said before- Consistently unable to log in, Once i give up on the app and I try on desktop it always hits me with a "internal error occurred" Before when it DID WORK it wanted me to change my password way too often ( nothing I do is confidential, I work in a kitchen) last time I logged in successfully it was June...6 months ago... luckily my work prints out schedules so this app has been just an occasional annoyance when I go to see if its working yet

Line
Payroll Manager in Canada
Insurance, 201–500 Employees

Dayforce HCM Review

Comments: Dayforce HCM is definitely the most powerful payroll system that I have used in a long time. It is my top choice when it comes to Payroll and HCM providers.

Pros:

The implementation team was very knowledgeable and they listened to what we had and how we wanted to improve the new system. They were so easy to work with.

Cons:

Wishing that some of the fixed reports would be flexible and could add information that would save us time from having to vlookup different reports together.

Laura
Manager in UK
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Good use of Dayforce

Pros:

I like the ease of the systems - you can find everything

Cons:

It needed more options on there - couldn’t add holidays easily

Sheri
Sr. Payroll Accountant in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce HCM

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

All information is in one place and easy to track changes/updates. They are continually improving the software and available options.

Cons:

Building reports can be time consuming and customer support can take some time to answer tickets.

Arienne
Director of Fundraising in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Dayforce Review

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I love that we can schedule staff fairly easily and track hours

Cons:

It was a bit difficult for the type of scheduling we have based on our hours and locations. We're a bit more complex than we initially thought for a tracking database

Marc
Payroll Manager, North America in Canada
Food Production, 501–1,000 Employees

Payroll Administration

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Payroll processing capabilities and efficiencies.

Cons:

Analytics and reporting can be difficult at times.

Manager, E-Services in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

All in one for human resources!

Pros:

Dayforce is a great platform for many HR related purposes. You can track/assign employee hours and shifts, monitor and approve time off requests, and calculate payroll. In addition, it allows employees to monitor/track their benefits, retrieve pay sheets, change direct deposit information and more.

Cons:

Compared to other software that is payroll only, Dayforce is a little clunky. It takes too many clicks to do simple things like adjusting time clocks, approving payroll, and using it as both a team manager AND an employee. Certain features, such as a manager adding a time off request for an employee, requires Silverlight, so we can only do that with Internet Explorer and no other browser.

Dayforce Response

4 years ago

Hi Michael, Thank you for sharing your Dayforce experience. This is incredibly valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts. Wishing you continued success! Thanks again, Michael

Robin
Director Human Resources, Compensation Specialist in Canada
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Ceridian

Comments: My overall experience is great. I so rarely have an issue I cannot solve on my own. The software is easy to use and the customer support is friendly and super helpful. Not 1 complaint on my end.

Pros:

EVERYTHING!!!!! I love how simple it is to use, straight-forward, I so rarely have to call for issues and when I do need customer support they have all the answers quickly and efficiently.

Cons:

Nothing I absolutely love this software for Payroll.

DeChelle
Sr HRIS Analyst in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce

Comments: Overall, Dayforce is a great product and we enjoy having the control over the system to use the product in a manner that is effective for us. However, at times, it feels like it is a payroll system that added other modules as an after-thought

Pros:

I appreciate the support community and education center. I like the design of the product and the overall intuitiveness of the system.

Cons:

Reporting can be cumbersome as some reports that we must custom build should be standard; US compliance reporting could be more robust. Also, some of the HR modules are disjointed and it's inefficient to have to navigate to several different screens to process updates.

Brittney
Senior accountant in US
Investment Management, 51–200 Employees

Good value

Comments: We’ve automated payroll with Dayforce

Pros:

Centralized location for employee record keeping

Cons:

Ease of feature implementation is difficult and requires lots of time and expertise outside of customer support. For example, it took us 6 months to correctly configure a form

Bethann
Payroll Manager in US
Pharmaceuticals, 201–500 Employees

Expect the Unexpected

Comments: We are overall extremely pleased with Ceridian and our vendor partnership with them. They truly take the time to get to know your business and your needs and help decide what the best solutions are for your business - which may not by the newest product they are selling. We have a very complex payroll, and we have the right solution for us at the present time. We also continue to find new ways to leverage the WFM platform to capture as much information as possible about time, labor and attendance. If you are considering making the change to Dayforce, you can't be prepared enough. You need to understand your own policies and procedures like the back of your hand as well as have the ability to explain the same to the implementation team. They will do their best with the information you provide, but it is up to you to ensure they understand and to test everything multiple times to make sure it is what you need. Keep in mind, the platform is highly configurable. As mentioned earlier, we have a rather complex payroll. We have six separate payrolls that combine hourly, salary, weekly, biweekly, union, non-union, etc. A little of everything. The policies for each payroll are entirely different, and both Ceridian HPL and Dayforce handle it without any problems. Here and there we have had to be creative - but it was still able to be accomplished. I have been working in HR and payroll for 15 years and have used numerous different vendors/software over the years. None of them are 100% perfect. But Ceridian comes the closest. It is the most configurable and provides the best ad-hoc reporting tools out there. We have been able to automate many processes that used to be manual systems. This has freed up our HR staff to be more hands-on with employee onboarding, engagement, and development instead of stuck behind their desk completing transactional tasks.

Pros:

It is highly configurable. It handles changes due to union contracts with ease.

Cons:

The new HTML timesheets have some quirks. I feel hopeful they will be worked out.

Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Dayforce has completely changed how we do life at Kern Health Systems HR.

Comments: HR efficiencies, ROI by 60% over our other provider in the first month and a support team that truly supports their clients efforts. I feel like we have gained a partner not a vendor.

Pros:

We love that we have been able to go paperless in all of our HR processes from application to termination. We no longer use paper apps, compensation change forms, benefits apps, or onboarding documents. Everything is paperless. We can look in the system and see where approvals are sitting. This has made our HR flows and processes so much easier and efficient. We also love the one employee record. From application to hire we only have to enter their information once. We have significantly cut down on our errors and the spreadsheets we used to keep to follow all of our processes. Our Onboarding is streamlined and professional. New hires can fill out all of their documents prior to the first day of work, so that we can maximize our first day with them. And finally Support. The Support Team is world class. I can't speak highly enough about the responsiveness, expertise and efficient way the support team works with their clients! Ceridian gets an A+ for their support.

Cons:

Prior to the newest upgrade to 53, Reporting was a bit clunky and difficult to understand. As a busy HR Leader, I don't have extensive time to take a bunch of classes to learn how to run reports. They need to be easy, user friendly and intuitive. Prior to the upgrade they were not. The new Reports module has come a LONG way in improving this. The reporting module is now in HTML and much easier to understand and use. Other than that, I cannot think of one other Con to the Dayforce system. I came from a very different provider that I was extremely displeased with, so it makes it a little more challenging to find Cons. I am very happy with the decision to move to Ceridian.

Erika
Director, HR Systems & Operations in US
Building Materials, 501–1,000 Employees

Creating a partnership for the 21st century and beyond!

Comments: For the first time, we are able to provide our Executive team an HR Scorecard with data that is trusted. Because the system is fully integrated each process can feed the next. For example, Salary Planning is completed after performance reviews. The performance ratings pull into the compensation planning feature, which when completed and approved, get posted to payroll without human intervention or possibility of data entry errors. When errors affect employee data and pay, we are not providing the best employee experience. This system mitigated the risk of errors with the ability to integrate so many of our HR processes.

Pros:

We came from an environment that used 7 different systems and did not integrate well. Dayforce's fully integrated HRMS has made a wolrd of difference within our organization. Not only has it alleviated administrative burden on HR, but our managers have more information at their fingertips that allows them to make sound decisions and perform efficiently.

Cons:

I can't say that there is a feature that I like least. We implemented the full suite (minus benefit administration) at the same time, so there is definitely a learning curve when configuring that many modules at the same time. In fact, there are modules that we are still learning the full capabilities of and have yet to fully maximize every aspect of this system.

Stephen
HRIS Administrator in
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce HCM is a great, single database cloud software, that is constantly adding new features.

Comments: Having used Dayforce HCM for over 5 years, I can honestly say that it is an incredible piece of software that is ever-expanding, and the developers are always hard at work creating more modules. As opposed to previous systems where it required multiple file feeds internally, which would constantly update one place such as the HR record, but would not update in Payroll, Self Service, Benefits, or wouldn't update in any of them; with Dayforce however, there are no longer such data integrity issues, as it uses one database to house it all. It also also far easier on the eyes than some previous systems, and the ad-hoc reporting along with topic builder make creating custom reports quite easy (once you get the gist of how it works - there is a learning curve if you don't take the training - but if you're savvy, it's quite robust). The key with Dayforce is IMPLEMENTATION. If you are not diligent, clear, and thorough with the discovery stage and throughout implementation, it will haunt you down the road. Make a team, dedicate someone to nothing but testing and making sure you've got it doing what each team/department/manager/user needs it to do, just do something to make sure you are comfortable with the application and get what you need, otherwise you will spend a lot of time fixing issues with upset employees . Ceridian has grown their teams vastly, so the support reps can be hit and miss, but if you are techy and willing to learn the system, it is far superior to the others out there, and can be very low maintenance.

Pros:

One database means data is always consistent throughout modules. The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched. Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

Cons:

The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading when using the new HTML pieces. Aside from that, the system is as good as your involvement and motivation to learn (especially during Implementation - be diligent and thorough in your discovery and scoping, or it will be painful when transferred to support).

Stephen
HRIS Administrator in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Review of Dayforce HCM

Pros:

Cons:

The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading.

Daniel
Head of Workforce Services in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Empower your workforce

Pros:

Workforce Management and the data from scheduling has empowered our organisation to understand staffing costs and enable savings.

Cons:

There is a need to bring ED&I information relevant to the UK to Dayforce

EMILY
Digital Editor in US
Newspapers, 11–50 Employees

Good if you need basic, cheap software; a joke otherwise

Comments: I had a love/hate relationship with it. It was easy to log in and out, the basis of the system to track employee hours. Many times in 2016/2017, the software wouldn't read those clicks though, so myself or colleagues would be working for several hours or off work for several hours only to realize our logging in or out hadn't took. Then we'd have to bother our boss to do it, who was hostile about doing so. Having worked in tech, I understand bug issues, but this is a big one to have. The software is affordable, which is why our company chose it. If the bug issues were resolved for good, I'd feel more confident recommending it.

Pros:

I liked that the buttons were big and accessible and easy to see, and that they later modified different types of clocking in and out (lunches, etc). When they updated the software, you could tell they tried (and succeeded, partially) in simplifying some of the screens for users.

Cons:

Past versions of Dayforce would freeze up a bit. Also, any time anything went wrong (sometimes a log in or out didn't take, sometimes a time would need to be edited) the manager or boss would have to personally modifying these issues. Under good management, this wouldn't be an issue. Under bosses who can barely handle stress and take systems errors out on their employees, it's a complete nightmare situation. This is where Dayforce could really look beyond coding issues and consider how to socially engineer better customer service solutions so even technically challenged supervisors can use the system easily.

Khristan
Training & Development Manager in
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Empowering Team Members

Comments: Overall, we have truly benefited from partnering with Dayforce. Our team members are excited about the user friendliness of the program, the accessibility from their mobile devices and the functions that empower them to submit requests & changes electronically. Our managers have raved about being able to schedule within labor guidelines and team member availability. Time Off requests are easier to track, schedule, approve/decline. Personal Action Form items that require approval are now electronic, which has smoothed out our process. We have seen a decrease in the amount of paperwork that was being processed & tracked, we have seen an increase in managerial productivity, we have seen a time savings in our payroll processing and an improvement in our reporting capabilities.

Pros:

• Our team members are excited about the user friendliness of the program, • Great to have accessibility from their mobile devices and the functions that empower them to submit requests & changes electronically. • Managers have raved about being able to schedule within labor guidelines and team member availability. • Time Off requests are easier to track, schedule, approve/decline. • Personal Action Form items that require approval are now electronic, which has smoothed out our process. • We have seen a decrease in the amount of paperwork that was being processed & tracked, we have seen an increase in managerial productivity, • We have seen a time savings in our payroll processing and an improvement in our reporting capabilities.

Cons:

Implementation might drive you crazy, but your team will be elated & productivity improved. It would have been helpful to know more about what was required & expected for implementation so we could have made better decisions with assigning responsibilities during the implementation process.

Randy
Payroll/HRIS Manager in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees

Dayforce HCM great for Payroll and HRIS

Comments: Dayforce works great under the right circumstances, but they still have some work to do to gain a bigger market share.

Pros:

Dayforce HCM (DF) is a great product for payroll, which is the company's core offering. They have incorporated other HRIS modules into DF, some of which work extremely well. Dayforce does a great job of using only one employee record for everything, so there are no internal interfaces, and all changes are made real time. The company keeps up to date on all regulatory changes, and is quick to roll out updates and fixes to the software, which are seamless because they happen in the cloud. Works great for both our US and Canadian populations.

Cons:

Dayforce does not process payroll in Mexico, so we cannot use it for the sole solution in North America. The reporting on data is sometimes difficult; the tool is pretty robust, but some common-sense reports are almost impossible to build, due to the cumbersome process of linking data fields together. This is getting better, but still lacking. Support response times are usually timely, but support personnel are not always knowledgeable enough to fix the issue right away. Any extra work on the product is always billable, and never cheap. Due to the design of the product, any changes to the company's organizational structure will almost certainly result in a long, expensive project to update the product.

Payroll Analyst in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce (I love processing payroll in it)

Comments: Implementation of Dayforce is a big project. I did not feel like we rushed it, which was important. Training for the payroll system was easy to follow and critical. When I needed help from Support, I had it. Continued training is important to fill in knowledge gaps. Using Dayforce for processing payroll for 15 months has been so much easier than our prior system. Audits and reporting have helped to make the process more accurate. The number of errors has decreased due to how easy it is to very all entries. I continue to work to find efficiencies in our processes as well as help to provide training to leaders and employees.

Pros:

Processing payroll is so much easier and less time consuming. making change and verifying the update takes minimal time. Auditing and reporting for payroll has been simplified. Having HR and payroll in one integrated system helps to make employee changes seamless.

Cons:

There is a lot of things the system can do for us. It will take time to determine what we want to use. Learning will be ongoing for the entire time I use the system.

Matthew
Regional Sales Support Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Good intention, but poor execution

Comments: I like our older system, TimeForce by Qquest much better. It was much more user friendly.

Pros:

This product attempts to gather all HR themed items in one location. That is beneficial. Timesheets, schedules, pay stubs, benefits, etc.

Cons:

Much of the software appears outdated. Organization is at a minimal, it's like they kept adding things and never organized it well. Locations for certain aspects are all over the place, and rarely makes sense where to find. Forms are not very clear. Training videos are outdated and show clearly older versions of the software. Work Schedules for my employees are never correct, I then correct it, but it keeps going back to incorrect schedule data, so I just ignore it and figure my employees know when they are working. For my employees, the clock-in, clock-out time sheets are horrible, it shows them nothing in regards to when they clocked in, when they clocked out, and how about a running total for hours for the week?...forget about it. From a manager stand-point, viewing my employees time sheets isn't good, as it doesn't total worked hours from time off hours to holiday hours, etc....so I always have to manually add up their hours to make sure correct. Lots of time wasted...

Celeste
Human Resources Manager in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Frustration & Disappointment

Pros:

I cannot think of a single thing that I like about Dayforce.

Cons:

Throughout our implementation process, persistent issues plagued our experience with Dayforce. Right from the start, we faced issues with faulty system configuration, including confidential data being accessible to lower level employees. We have been told by support personnel at Dayforce that our system is improperly configured. Our implementation manager failed to address concerns adequately and failed to conclude the professional relationship officially. Instead, we were left with a slew of unresolved issues and unanswered inquiries. Despite scheduled follow-up meetings, these sessions were repeatedly abandoned by the manager. Frustratingly, after weeks of unanswered emails and our futile attempts at problem-solving, we were told from our implementation manager that she had to get permission to charge more billable hours to us, and that was why she hadn't communicated with us in several weeks. Seven months post-implementation, our file feeds for benefits remain incomplete. Despite our immediate request following implementation, this crucial aspect of our system has yet to be fully operational. The persistent issues we face significantly hamper our productivity, particularly concerning our convoluted payroll setup. The payroll segment of Dayforce has demonstrated a lack of accountability, particularly evident in their response to our 401(k) compliance challenges, where they offered no satisfactory solutions and essentially shrugged off their responsibilities. We have given Dayforce several opportunities to rectify their errors, despite our profoundly disappointing experience. Even external stakeholders collaborating with us have expressed sheer astonishment at the abysmal quality of the system, citing unprecedented dissatisfaction in their professional interactions with other clients. Dayforce's performance has been deeply unsatisfactory, characterized by consistent lapses in competence and professionalism, leaving our organization in a state of perpetual frustration and disappointment as we face unresolved issues that directly impact our functionality and productivity.