15 years helping Australian businesses

About AdvancedMD EHR

AdvancedEHR: Save time & improve clinical outcomes with seamless data transfer, simple charting, ePrescribing, and telemedicine tools.

Learn more about AdvancedMD EHR

Pros:

The price was good, the functionality was acceptable.

Cons:

The e-scribing is terrible. Chart notes are cumbersome and become huge without essential integrations.

AdvancedMD EHR ratings

3.5
3.4
3.6
3.3

6.4/10

AdvancedMD EHR has an overall rating of 3.6 out 5 stars based on 453 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AdvancedMD EHR before?

Vishal
Vishal
Senior AR Executive in India
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

AdvancedMD is good

Comments: Overall it was good experience by using AdvancedMD and I recommend it to others as well.

Pros:

Working in AdvancedMD is good and it's user friendly.

Cons:

Sometimes there is glitch. Software becomes slow for 5 minutes. Again it will be back to normal.

Erica
Director, HR and Administration in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Solid System

Comments: Overall, AdvancedMD is a solid software. They have a ways to go to catch up with current end user expectations to make the experience better, but they are dedicated to making enhancements.

Pros:

AdvancedMD's ability to customize your templates is very good. You don't have to submit changes you'd like to implement to their development team to get them done; with the right permissions you're able to go in and make any changes you need to and they are available immediately. It does however take quite a bit of practice and patience to learn how to fully customize word merge templates. Their customer service is pretty helpful and readily available. Some of the customer service reps are really dedicated to finding solutions and are willing to try any and everything to help you find it, while others are not. Their account managers are really helpful and truly do advocate for what's best for their customers.

Cons:

As much as AdvancedMD is dedicated to enhancing their system, there are still some features that either need enhancing or don't exist, which for where we are in technology, could leave AdvancedMD lacking. For one, there isn't any marketing or referral data tracking in their Analytics feature. The customer survey isn't customizeable. Some essential features for telehealth are not there, for example an ask to mute feature. The connectivity for the telehealth feature could be better as well - we have lots of issues with patients and providers connecting to and maintaining their signal. If you don't have EDI agreements for electronic remittance, posting insurance payments is a very slow and tedious process with long wait times to navigate between fields. The online scheduling isn't truly integrated into their scheduling system. You have to create blocks and holds in order to populate the provider availability instead of it being able to see what's available based on the appointments that are already scheduled.

6 months ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review. We are submitting your enhancement suggestions to be reviewed by our product team.

Brandi
Medical biller in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Not so advanced

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Reviewing charts was pretty easy in terms of navigating.

Cons:

It would be nice to have more short cuts instead of having to click extra to get to a certain part of the record.

Thomas
Physician-owner in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

AdvancedMD is an excellent well integrated PM/EMR

Comments: I have been happy with Advanced MD and it helps me run my solo medical practice efficiently.

Pros:

I have been using AdvanceMD for 6 years now. It is well integrated and has all of the software that I need in running my solo medical practice. It contains PM, Reporting, Messaging, Faxing, Patient Portal, EMR and E-prescribing. It is very customizable.

Cons:

It comes with a library of templates for the EMR but creating your own from scratch can be time consuming. Creating output of finished notes for these templates can also be difficult, but once it is set up it continues to work well.

Owner in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

New User for multiple clinics

Comments: We have installed this for a number of clinics in the last several months with more to come. After the normal hurdles at the start we are starting to really fly and our clients are very happy.

Pros:

Without question the people and support from the company. The software is very good as well but without the backend support is just another piece of softare.

Cons:

A little confusing learning the AdvancedMD language. Differences in terminology was a short term stumbling block. Once that was cleared up all is great.

5 months ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the review.

Andrew
PT clinic owner and PT in US

Its Complicated

Comments: When it works well I am pretty pleased with the software, but I feel I have had to spend way too many hours trying to get things worked on and fixed, on the phone, on conference calls, and emailing or personal time troubleshooting problems. My job is being a PT and not chasing down software companies to get their job done right. I believe they should provide a customer support person designated to our practice that knows our workflow and has a direct line to work with.

Pros:

The software is customizable to providers which is nice, we have tools that help track productivity and we are able to keep a constant stream of revenue with our billing.

Cons:

We have a hard time with troubleshooting software problems due to the complexity of the software and the customer support has not been pleasant to work with, often times waiting for over an hour on the phone to get some simple questions answered, emails that go weeks with no response, and problems that go months without being fixed. Also, it would be nice if there were some more automated features such as visit number tracking on patients chart and on patients notes for Physical Therapy, alerts or prompts for progress notes.

Patricia
Nurse Practitioner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Not for everyone

Comments: If there was a glitch, then getting support to fix the glitch was a nightmare. When I finally gave up, manager of support services helped but not until I had 2 weeks of downtime.

Pros:

The mobile app was amazingly easy to use.

Cons:

Too many choices- made workflow confusing to user

Anita
Doctor in US

Not good.

Comments: Absolutely hated it. We ended up going with another practice because they never were able to give me what I asked.

Pros:

Pros are it is very customizable if you know how to code and create a system for yourself

Cons:

They don’t know dermatology at all. Simple stuff we asked was super complicated and we never got what we truly needed. Nothing was built in. It’s more for scheduling and not for EHR.

Kim
Psychiatrist in US
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Billed forever

Comments: Not designed for solo practitioner. Some of the med record design folks were inexperienced and rude

Pros:

Relatively easy to learn , integrated well with escripts/billing

Cons:

6 months after retirement, they keep billing me after multiple calls. The files you must retain after coding are almost useless

3 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave the review. I would love to help resolve the billing issue that you're having after retirement. My email is [email protected]. Please reach out to me there so I can locate your account and help resolve the issue. Adam

Muhammad
Muhammad
Medical Doctor in South Africa
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Great System

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Advanced scheduling as well as great support from product development team.

Cons:

Poor integration and very expensive service.

Karen
Physician in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Do NOT Use!!

Comments: The most horrific experience ever! Worst part is their contract has limits to their liability so even though their breach in contract resulted in over $630,000 in contractually adjusted charges for surgeries and another $300k in E/M collections, they only are responsible for paying $9k in both actual and punitive damages.

Pros:

That we stopped using them and switched to Athena.

Cons:

They did not bill the insurance. Their team wrote off the claims without an attempt at billing the insurance company. When it was discovered, they then directly billed patients and sent soft collection letters without billing insurance again. Wrote off claims withOUT authorization.

Brittany
CEO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Awful experience

Pros:

I like Nuemd and I thought this would be an easy transition; however the service is NOT the same and much worse.

Cons:

Transfering to Advamced MD was the worst decision I made. I had countless issues with the billing department and patient statements are ALWAYS wrong. I had to do double the work just to correct the mistakes Advanced MD created. Patients would call upset because they were getting statements in the mail stating they had balances, when in fact AdVanced MD was not posted EOB's correctly. Now I am stuck with paying thousands of dollars every month with a company that causes me more issues, which requires more time.

Natalie
Project Administrator in US

Advanced MD Review

Comments: We had a rough transition with Advanced MD but overall it has gotten a lot better and we don't have hardly any issues with the system.

Pros:

There are multiple options to do things, which makes it user specific. I also love that the product development team is always working on ways to improve the system and is great when it comes to listening to the every-day users.

Cons:

The help file can be difficult to use. On the PM side, you can hit F1 and it will pull up the help file for the screen you're in but that doesn't work for EHR and finding the correct help file can be difficult. I haven't had a lot of luck with tier 1 customer support. I find it to be very frustrating to call and have a lot of times found the answer myself while waiting on hold. We feel very "nickle and dimed" by the company.

Harlan
Owner/CFO/Psychologist in US
Mental Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Not ready for mental health

Comments: If you're looking for a powerful billing platform this may be a good system for you to consider. However, if you're looking for a full PM/EHR system to manage a mental health practice this system is not ready and costs too much for what you get.

Pros:

- Great billing platform with many ways to keep track of claims and payments - We're able to manage 3 locations with a single system - The system overall has a lot of great capability and most of the functionality we were looking for in a PM/EHR system. However, as noted below there are issues with how some of these capabilities work. - Templates can be customized

Cons:

- The EHR is not user friendly and leads to many new users creating notes that are not connected to a session as well as multiple redundant notes for a session. - There is no easy way to track missing notes other than going session by session for each chart - The standard reports are generally not very helpful as they provide few ways to customize and filter. The filters that are present are often not logical ways to filter data. What's more frustrating is that there are actually more useful reports that are in the system but they cost additional money to be added to a user's key. For example, a common filter type is to filter a range of providers alphabetically. AdvancedInsight does provide an enhanced reporting capability (for an extra cost) that relies on Internet Explorer and MS Silverlight all of which are old technologies. It is also somewhat difficult and time consuming to learn and still does not provide the ability to customize reports in the standard report capability. For that you have to pay AMD to make the changes or to add the report that already exists to your key. - Printing chart notes requires a time consuming process of creating a Microsoft Word Merge template for each note template and then printing each note one by one. The Word Merge templates are complex to create and manage. - Our sales rep guaranteed us a 95% first pass acceptance rate. After 7 months we are at 89%. There are several reasons for this and the company has provided us a credit but don't be fooled by the promises of their sales team. - Adding new providers can take up to a month. Again we have been promised a 24 hour turn around time and yet sometimes have to wait weeks to get new providers added to our system. Note: we have the ability to add Users but only AMD can add providers.

Anna
Client Services
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Mostly Good

Comments: AdvancedMD has done a superb job with their support team, I really can't say enough about their level of professionalism, expertise and willingness to go above and beyond to help with almost any situation. I've used other practice management products and AdvancedMD is by far the most user friendly.

Pros:

I really don't know where to begin with the Pros of AdvancedMD. I might have to say the Video Training Library is one of my favorite parts of AdvancedMD. It is a guide or a visual aid to assist any user in the practice by displaying and explaining how things work. After any formal training a user may have questions or uncertainties with regard to posting payments, processing claims, adding demographics, etc. With pretty much one click of the mouse or F1 you have access to training. The ease of use is another Pro to AdvancedMD, you don't have to be afraid to experiment or test different aspects of the Practice Management piece. I like how the product has evolved over the past 5 years and their social media piece "NEST" shows their willingness to relate to a younger generation of users while making it user friendly for us old folks too.

Cons:

I would have to say the reporting piece is lacking from an accounting point of view, and the idea that Advanced Insight is available at a per provider fee is definitely not the answer I want to hear. The financial health of a practice can only be measured in numbers, increase the subscription to AdvancedMD and throw in Advanced Insight, it's a win win!

Riaz
MD in US

Do not rrecommend

Pros:

Templates are good. there is not much good to talk about. Any thing good is neutralized by amount of problems.

Cons:

I am a physician that keep loosing my nosed when my medical assistant or front office go in to chart at same time save the chart before me. It also happens when some scans a documents and faxes a prescription on my behalf. I have the RCM contract. EHR is Ok to use.. But they have multiple unscheduled maintenance during night time. Scheduled maintenance is only for 15 minutes and is very occasional. Unscheduled maintenance is very common and last hours. When you call them they make lot of excuses. Billers are inexperienced. Lack knowledge of local insurance and Medicaid requirement. I have complained to them multiple times that they cannot bill medicaid clients for unpaid balances but still they keep mailing them statements. It is more than a year and they continue to bill my Medicaid patients. Very bad on follow up after filing claims. My claims have gone past 95 days filing deadline without any update from advanced. You have to open a case with concerns that there is no claim on file with insurance and it already past filing dead line. Then they will file the claim and claim gets denied. Then we open case again to request them to appeals. They file the appeal and appeal gets denied and you lost your money. They also do not apply payment correctly and you request them to fix the errors , they will not respond. AdvancedMd does not take responsibility for claims being denied for going past deadlines. If you complain they do not respond to your emails.

Amy
President in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Great Service, Feature Rich, Excellent Results

Comments: We have been customers for over 12 years and I have never found a product that offers as many features, better customer service, and overall return on investment. It has allowed our business to scale efficiently from day one, and provided us with a vehicle for cutting edge features, at a price that made sense for our business every step of the way.

Pros:

The cloud based platform allows for very flexible use and collaboration between users and locations. There are many features offered and added each year, keeping up with the latest advances, efficiencies and automations. The workflows are well thought out, both from a clinical perspective, as well as the administrative and accounting workflows. Level of customization for reporting is unparalleled outside of building your own report servers. Customer service has remained consistently outstanding for over 12 years, with an emphasis and focus on the user experience. I've never seen help files that are as robust and updated as consistently, and the phone support is consistently awesome. Friendly people, user friendly product, great value for the price.

Cons:

There are still specific areas that do not allow full customization.

Susan
Owner in US
Medical Practice, Self Employed

Occupational Therapists DO NOT USE

Comments: AFTER I signed a one year contract, my Implementation Trainer revealed she was a specialist in mental health. There was NO specialist in THERAPY. There were NO Occupational Therapy templates I could modify. I was told I could PAY MORE for someone else in another department to create all the templates I was promised and shown. The sales manager talked with me after several weeks and AGREED they could not and did not meet my needs. However, there has been ZERO communication after that. No return calls, no return emails. I continue to be charged monthly for a very expensive service I can not access. The unprofessional operation of such a large company is surprising and unethical. It is a breach if contract-yet I have not been released. The negative impact on my start-up company had been DEVASTATING, yet I can not get a response. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ADVANCED MD unless you are well established and not Occupational Therapy. I don't trust anything they say, as there is no follow up or consistently.

Pros:

Has everything for most medical practices. Integrated billing.

Cons:

The software is great for software technicians and highly skilled medical office staff. However, it is NOT good for therapists. I was promised software that would have OT templates I could modify to meet my needs. I was shown examples of this. I was given a sob story of how they would hold my hand through the whole process. Unfortunately, the really was extremely different! There was no software to meet my needs. The creation of forms requires a degree in coding.

Linda
office manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Advanced MD is adequate

Comments: It was better in some ways for us (pediatrics) than our previous software. So far I have not found a great pediatric practice management software application.

Pros:

It's pretty easy to learn. They have many videos and their tech support is pretty good. They do not outsource support which was important in choosing this software.

Cons:

Most of the time it's very slow. We don't use the EHR part and only the practice management side so I don't know if that would make a difference.

Shannan
Medical Billing / Charge Entry in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Great Experience, Fantastic Support

Pros:

Any time I have had an issue or a question on how to make something work for our needs the support personnel at Advanced MD / EHR have stayed on the phone and walked me through my question until I understood everything, they would then even make suggestions on how to make it more efficient. They always seem to go the extra mile every time you need them. The whole system from the support team to the software is easy to use and very multi-functional.

Cons:

More detailed Advanced MD manual with step by step instruction on how to do things with out calling support, for example the exclusions tab in the Claims Center. It would be nice to have more detailed information as to how to fix the issues and when you need to delete and re-enter a charge after making corrections. The EHR is great as it is but having the ability to "lock" or "secure" an account completely, due to a patient requesting nothing be given out to anyone at anytime.

Melissa
Nurse Practitioner in US
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Best software yet

Comments: Generally positive, I wish the support line was available in WEST COAST time zone till 5pm or later, when questions would arise during the 1st year of implementation, and they were closed when we needed the most support.

Pros:

The billing is exceptional to track payments and aging report

Cons:

the telemedicine integration and lack of customer support for the clients I had. The clients had struggles navigating the online tele video conferencing and AMD did not help the clients, thereby they couldn't help me to connect with clients and visits were delayed and transitioned in sheer frustration to phone calls which were not reimbursed by the insurance. I have since quit using the tele med option and have a new platform and all my clients are happy and I am billing insurance effectively.

Shaun
VP, Sales and Marketing in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Best Medical Billing Platform

Comments: We have found the AdvancedMD billing and EHR to be the most advanced billing platform, extremely intuitive and easy to learn and use, and the training and support provided by AdvancedMD is top notch!

Pros:

The platform features, functionality, and ease of use. Training and Customer Service is excellent!

Cons:

There is nothing about the platform or the service that we have found to be negative. We have no complaints and have found no "cons" with AdvancedMD!

6 months ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this review.

Inna
administrator in US

STAY AWAY FROM ADVANCE MD

Comments: Customer service is horrible, you would wait for 30 min for help and as result they will not help you. They will put you on hold for every question you will ask them and for my experience they rarely solve a problem same day. Prepare to spend 2 hours without result. I opened case month ago and I am not sure when Advace Md resolve my problem. It is very frustrating.

Pros:

Advance Md has ONLY decent PM system which is a billing. It's very easy to navigate and use the system.

Cons:

EMR system is bad. You cannot scan documents as PDF directly from EHR, the only option to scan from EHR is TIFF program. By scanning through the TIFF creates problems, such as, printing your document in a half. The only way to scan as PDF is from PM system which has many steps to do your job. Advance Md works on this problem for 2 years and still didn't accomplish anything. Nothing is in Alphabetical order, basically you would scroll up and down, till you find the right folder.

Patty
Practice Manager

Satisfied Long Standing Client

Comments: We have been a client for many years are very satisfied.

Pros:

Having been a client for many years we have been through the "growing pains" with this company. Overall it has been a favorable relationship. AMD is always improving on the client experience. Initially I was not excited about the feature of having to create "online cases" for issues/questions/problems due to the concern for turnaround time. Overall this has turned into a positive experience as I no longer spend time calling the client line for support and the response time with a resolution is usually within 24 hours. Having an assigned Relationship Manager who is very attentive to my specific office needs has been extremely helpful.

Cons:

All software companies have there issues AMD is no different but I cannot identify one specific area that I would deem a "con".

paul
psychiatrist in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Advancedmd- Switch from Practice Fusion

Comments: It is a bit overwhelming to switch over to a product like this, but I think is well worth the effort in the long run. The support and training teams have been excellent and very responsive. They gave me a very low price /month as a solo practitioner, since I won't be using a lot of it's more advanced features.

Pros:

Price point very competitive, especially for a solo practice Combines EHR and complete Practice Management/Billing software- fully integrated with clearinghouse Support and training are excellent and VERY comprehensive. Lots of videos to watch plus 10 hours 1:1 with a trainer. If you are a solo practitioner, it is possible to use this program yourself and not have any staff. Mobile APP for iphone/ipad is excellent. Very easy to schedule a patient on the fly, register a new patient, etc. with an iphone. They offer a credit card billing module that works great with co-payments.

Cons:

There is a substantial learning curve. The product is well designed and very complex- what medical record/billing system isn't. I have used Medisoft for years and had Practice Fusion as a separate EHR. Combining the two should save a fair amount of money and time. Everything is in the cloud (is this better or not?). The training is extensive and very good, but there are 100's of features in this program. It is really made for an office with several MD's, nurses, front staff, etc., but you can have the program custom set up for one user and not use a lot of the features (such as check-in, check-out, auditing accounts, etc.)