15 years helping Australian businesses

About Auctria

Auctria: a budget friendly web solution to run your entire event from tickets to receipts; silent, live auctions & online fundraisers.

Learn more about Auctria

Pros:

Integrates all aspects of an auction fundraiser (donors, donations, bidders, checkout, and financials). It’s easy to use, which is great for a volunteer organization.

Cons:

We had a few people bid on items and then we could not obtain payment afterwards as they had no card registered and wouldn't respond to our requests for it.

Auctria ratings

4.5
4.8
4.6
4.8

9.3/10

Auctria has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 505 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Auctria before?

Cäcille
Cäcille
Individual Gifts Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

The BEST bang for your buck and more

Comments: Overall, for having this be the first and only auction software I've ever used, this has been an amazing experience. I loved learning the ins and outs of Auctria, and strongly recommend it for smaller auctions, and if the slight kinks are worked out, strongly recommend it for big auctions. There's a lot of potential with Auctria, and I'm hoping they succeed. I think they will

Pros:

I loved most everything Auctria has to offer. 1.) The team there is phenomenal. I don't think I've ever gotten such instant quality support on anything so consistently in my ENTIRE life. Literally, when I send a support email, I expect a reply back in maybe a day or two. Auctria responds in less than 3 hours, sometimes in literally HALF an hour. amazing. 2.) Even without all my nonsense questions, the guides that Auctria has are very detailed and I could relatively easily figure everything out myself – which I mostly did, but it's nice having the Auctria team to ask questions to. Especially since they're so accessible! 3.) Their features to capture donor information is second to none. My favorite thing about Auctria is how they made the capture of information BEFORE the event so simple and easy. The only thing that sucks was having to input "guest" information at the event, but Auctria tied every guest to the purchaser, so even then, they covered bases by allowing us to know who to contact if we needed something from someone. 4.) From silent auctions, to online, to even live, Auctria literally covers everything so well and seamlessly. 5.) Checking out final bids is so easy. no chasing down people for cc information – with maybe one or two who for some reason chose not to register their card.

Cons:

1.) Auctria's only con that I found so far was with it's app and online bidding. I didn't find online bidding so seamless, when someone needs either an email address/bidding number and a password in order to log in. As I was testing the app, I found befuddled on why someone needed a password, and found that some people weren't able to make a password, effectively not allowing them to bid online. I rectified this with having online kiosks, but we definitely lost some money because of this. We might not use Auctria next year because of this which saddens me. Making the online bidding process simpler though would make my team change their minds I'm sure.

5 years ago

Thanks for sharing your auction story. Happy to read Auctria surpassed your expectation for support help. Thanks for sharing the simplicity you found with the program. Regarding the mobile app and access- bidders can be sent or given an access code to sign into the app or website without needing to set up a password. Please reach out to [email protected] so we can share more information and more details. Thanks for being our cheerleader and hope all your fundraising goals are surpassed.

Leslie
Event Manager in US
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Auctria Fan

Comments: After using many different auction software programs I prefer Auctria hands down. It's easy to train volunteers how to use the program and whenever we have encountered a problem, Auctria has amazing customer service and troubleshooting. I actually just recommended them to an organization last night after using the software they had purchased. We encountered multiple problems all night and all of us were saying, "This would never happen with Auctria."

Pros:

Auctria's functionality makes it a very efficient and user friendly software program. We run multiple auctions a month and by far Auctria is the easiest program we use.

Cons:

I wish that on the dashboard there was a button for check in bidders so you don't have to start at bidders and then select check in bidders.

8 months ago

Leslie, sounds like you are a super-fan! Also sounds like this is after experience with many other platforms and Auctria. It means a lot to us that you've not only found value in our platform, but also trust it for multiple non-profit clients. We're grateful for your support and confidence in us. Re: big check-in button, that's great feedback, thank you. Tell me a little more though, once you get to that page you can hang out there without having to re-select bidder->check in. Love to hear more, if you have time, please email | [email protected]

Kelli
Managing Director in US
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

Auctria- Gala/Auction Use

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I would say our overall experience with Auctria is a 3/5. It got the job done, but by any means was not my favorite software I have ever used for a Gala/Auction, and was not the easiest software to navigate. They get points for offering everything in one place, and for using a payment processor we already use and the ease of processing transactions and uploading auction items was great.

Pros:

I liked that it was pretty accessible, and had a lot of the tools that we would need. I liked that it linked to an existing payment processor (Stripe) that our company uses. There was a place for everything in the system.

Cons:

The software was not super intuitive and the training was not the most helpful. We had to train a lot of people super fast on things and it was not the easiest to navigate. Even our full time staff had a hard time setting up ticket sales to start with.

3 weeks ago

Oh wow, Kelli, We so wish you had reached out for help! We would have happily helped answer any questions about ticket set-up. In addition Auctria has welcome calls, lots of resources for training staff & volunteer in the form of videos and print outs. Some organizations do pick up a 20-minute Assist call for more focused training too. Thanks for using Auctria, hope you do so again and we can help iron out the wrinkles. We really do care! If you would like to share specifics where we can do better please email | [email protected]

Kara
VP Fundraising in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Auctria is a great package for a very reasonable price!

Comments: We were looking for a more economical option for our school auction, without sacrificing ease of use.

Pros:

It was easy to enter items, and managing bids was simple. The dashboard was very clear as the auction was in progress how things were progressing.

Cons:

I found the website editor a bit clunky. It was great for customization but a little cumbersome for someone just trying to set up a basic auction website. I wish checkout was automatic at the close of the auction. I wish bidding rules, i.e. starting bid, bid increment, and buy-it-now price could be set globally and then adjusted as necessary, rather than having to set them all before the auction launches. I also wish it were a little easier to bring items to the front. Maybe the highlight function could be part of the online auction, rather than just a kiosk mode function?

2 years ago

Thanks for recognizing the ease of use for entering items and managing bids. Glad to read you found the dashboard a good source of information too. Thanks for the detailed feedback. On the website editor, we try to balance ease of use with the ability to also customize. We are always adding new templates to make plug and play and increase ease of use. Hope that helps for your future events with Auctria. The note on auction item shuffle is interesting too. We will share this with the development team.

Meaghan
Executive Director in US

Online Auction Success!

Pros:

We appreciated the ease of use of the Auctria platform for both the organization and administration of our online auction, as well as for the account set-up and use by our bidding community. It's very user friendly, clear, and sharable. The price for the services rendered and ease of use makes it feel like a deal!

Cons:

Just navigating some of the organization around payment and communication after, but very small hurdles that come with the variety of options and the community we work with.

3 months ago

Friendly! That's so nice to read to read that the bidding community found the use of Auctria to clear and sharable. Thanks for using Auctria for multiple years.💚

Lesley
Treasurer in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Auctria for non-profit

Comments: This was our second auction with auctria. It went really smooth and set up was easy once we learned all the settings.

Pros:

Easy to set up, good value for what we needed, ran itself once auction started

Cons:

Doesn’t automatically charge the winning bidders so if they don’t follow through we had to contact them. This was a minor problem. Not enough template design choices

7 months ago

Thanks for calling out that Free is never free with other platforms. Yes, Auctria is very transparent with our pricing here on Capterra and our website. 💚 Keep in mind you can always start from a core and change out your colors, your images, your video and so much more! Lesley- Tell us more about what type of template you are looking for- we are always adding new ones. email [email protected]

Thomas
Co-President in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Powerful fundraising tool

Comments: Overall experience has been very positive. It is not the most admin friendly back end, but the library of videos and customer service are excellent.

Pros:

The ability to deliver an online auction, as well as sell event tickets, is second to none. It has a broad range of customization tools. The end user experience is simple and well delivered.

Cons:

The website editor is fairly difficult to learn. And the back end customization tools, while powerful, are almost overwhelming. I also feel the credit card processing fees are a bit too costly.

4 months ago

Thanks for the note "The ability to deliver an online auction, as well as sell event tickets, is second to none." We are glad you found the platform to raise money and save money at the same time.

Kim
Treasurer in US
Fund-Raising, Self Employed

Annual Auction

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall we have had great success using Auctria for our annual even the past 5-6 years.

Pros:

Pretty user friendly, can be used even if not using the online auction feature, tracks items, bidders and finances well, integrates nicely with website.

Cons:

We seem to have trouble each year with getting bid #'s assigned properly. Some bidders end up with 2 bid #'s due to registration issues. Would love for an easier way to assign the same bid # to couples who would like to share a bid #.

3 weeks ago

Hi Kim, reach out on email [email protected], we can help with the double numbers. It could be a variety of things such as unloaded or copied bidder record and then they register themselves. We did recently change ticket sales to be much more detailed when purchasing multiple tickets, asking the buyer if they want the guests/bidder to be linked. We are always looking for feedback to make Auctria better, your info would be help us improve. Thanks for using Auctria for 5-6 years!! 💚

Thomas
Trustee in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

A review from someone who was involved with initial roll-out years ago, but the last few years have been as an end user.

Comments: I am a trustee at Tin Mountain who will be terming out next month. As described in other comments, i was on the early committees to get Auctria rolling some years back, and then moved on to other committee work. My recent experience is as a bidder/ end user. I am in the IT world so I didn't have any specific issues. My overall experience is it is all a bit clunky, and I helped several older folks navigate through it. This could all be how we at TM have it set up - maybe we could do better.

Pros:

Ultimately it is effective and gets the job done.

Cons:

While the system is effective, the interface feels dated and could modernizing. Part of that may be how our folks have it set up.

3 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to review Auctria. Your long term perspective and seeing it from both sides is helpful. We here at Auctria are always looking to improve! Love to hear specifics if you want to share. Every season we do roll-put new features and Summer 2024 is on it's way! 💚

Denell
parent volunteer in US

Excellent Choice for School Fundraisers

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The user-facing auction website made bidding easy and looked great.

Cons:

The back-end management site didn’t feel intuitive to me and took a while to figure out. However, it was fairly easy to use and full of functionality once I figured it out.

last week

Thanks for using Auctria for more than 2 years! Thanks even more for being a parent volunteer! Glad to read the bidding was easy and looked great.

Ute
Events Coordinator in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Great software for gala and auction

Comments: Overall, it was great to have this software for the entire organizing process of our hospital gala. We are talking a very elaborate event with about 250 guests, 100+ donors, and over 150 auction items. In the past all of these things got tracked in multiple spread sheets and if anything changed, it would have been a disaster. This year, using Auctria, everything was in one place, very easy to see in detail or at a glance. If guests or meals or seating arrangements changed, it was so easy to do and follow and just to stay on top of it.
I realized, that even though I have been using this system for a few month prior to our gala, there are still many functions we have never even touched.
I would highly recommend this software and am extremely glad I did decide for this particular software (never used any other one, but wouldn't switch), but also recommend to take the time to read the manual, play around and take time to understand the many many function to utilize it to its best potential.

Pros:

I enjoyed how intuitive the use of the software was. Anything I wanted to do, was possible with this software. There were a couple times were I would provide my volunteers with a log in and they basically figured it out on their own as it was very easy to use and understand the software. Setting up the website, took a little time, but also once I understood how it worked, not a big deal. Enjoyed that I had all info from guests names, seating arrangements, auction items, donors and supporters and much more all handy in one place. Made the reconciliation at the end very easy. I did use an outside budget for this time, but think in the future I would purely use Auctria for that as well. Now that the event is over, it is great to still be able to see all the guests info and pull all different reports we may want to see. The customer service was great in answering any questions I had ahead of time via email, but unfortunately I was never given a phone number to connect with them on the spot. And as it is most often for me, I usually wait with doing something until it needs o be done now and if I couldn't get an instant answer I had to wait and get back at it later. Not their fault, more my own, but I wished sometimes there would have been a live chat or phone number to call. Even though, usually their replies came within a couple hours or overnight as I am on the west coast.

Cons:

There isn't much I didn't like. I guess the only thing I didn't understand until we were at the event was that we had the 0.3% charge on Auctria per transaction + the 2.69% on Stripe. The system does show the option to add those fees to the invoice, but we didn't realize it until it was too late. So now we have to cover a pretty large invoice of stripe fees we didn't expect. Anyways, more my fault for not paying attention to ahead of time. But in the future I would certainly add that to the guest check-out or if they want to not pay it, just charge more on our credit card machines then through the system. I also had a couple guests that commented that they weren't able to go back into their registration and make changes to their guest list or meal selection. This must have been a glitch in the system, but wasn't a big deal. For my side, I found it a little confusing with the e-tickets and ticket statements and such, as they weren't fully clear to me what each of them was about and even more so, I thought I had it set up that everyone how registered would receive it automatically. This was only the case for the people that self-registered but not the ones I added manually.

5 years ago

Hi Ute, thank you SO MUCH for the detailed review, it's sure to help others understand the power and simplicity of Auctria. With 250 guests 100+ donors and 150 auction items sounds like a success--happy to read Auctria helped you ditch the spreadsheets! Yes, Auctria is full of even more features, join our free webinars or watch on playback when it convenient for you to learn more. Also, we invite you and your auction team to follow Auctria on Facebook & Twitter to get even more tips and auction fundraising advice.

Eric
Board Member in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Great fundraising event with Auctria's help along the way

Comments: When I'm not volunteering my time for the school I'm an IT manager and software engineer. I began by doing a pretty substantial product comparison before we chose Auctria. After comparing Auctria to other products that cost 10x as much I had two main concerns: 1. How can it be so much more affordable than the competition (what's wrong with it)?
2. No phone or night-of support.
After using the product to host a fundraising event with an online/mobile silent auction with on-site kiosks, mobile and remote bidde, a live auction, games, and event with ticket sales and related website, I can say I was amazed at the value and support we received. The product has a ton of well-designed functionality built in. I'd like to feel like we used most of it but there were still areas we didn't touch. As for the support, I have to agree with what many others have said. I've never seen such responsive e-mail support and I've been in the industry for 20 years. We must have sent at least 20 e-mails in the few months we had. They always responded quickly; at most by the next business day, but often the same day and sometimes within minutes. More importantly their responses were always very helpful. None of that having to battle through two levels of support before you get to anyone that knows anything. Sometimes, rather than just explain how to do something, they would make a change for us and then explain the "how". They have good documentation and were always very courteous and helpful.

Pros:

Excellent price. Excellent support. Well-designed flexible platform that supported our needs. Modern simple-to-use interface with well thought-out workflows such as check-in/out. Built-in support for credit cards. Built-in ways to engage with bidders, donors, etc. Built-in reporting, export and import functionality.

Cons:

Lack of premium support option for off-hours support the night of the event (at least at the time). We did fine without it but I can understand that being a deal breaker for some. It nearly was for me, but I'm glad we decided to go with Auctria. At first we were planning to use the live auction website tool for the live auction, but found it was easier to get the presentation we wanted using Powerpoint. With all the enhancements they keep making that can very well have changed by now.

4 years ago

Eric-- your review encapsulates Auctria's mission and culture! Eric's review says everything we strive for. Auctria is an easy to use, powerful tool to run your fundraising events. Take your auction to new heights and raise more for your cause. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. Hope you crushed your fundraising goals.

Lisa
Parishioner /Volunteer in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

First Time Online Auction - Went So SMOOTH!

Comments: This was our first year with an online auction. Typically we have a live auction 2 a year for our church. At first we were using paper tickets only and at the end it was a nightmare trying to calculate everyone's totals as they were waiting in line to pay. Over the years I have used Excel, MS Access and even Google Forms and Sheets. After last year's auction I decided I wanted an easier program and started looking. I had come up with another option but then COVID hit and another church used Auctria. They raved about it - so I looked into it. It really is easy to use. We did have a few people call the church office to ask some questions about registering and I received some emails for password resets (I just clicked the "send access token" button on their bidder page) and that was it! We are definitely going to use this even when we go back to the Live Auction. We had several parishioners that really enjoyed bidding online (and believe me - not many were happy about it at first - people don't like change!) Several parishioners have asked if we will have a hybrid auction next year - part done online and go to Live. We are working out how we want to handle it, but know we will do some sort of combination next year. We had several buyers that would not normally have been at our picnic and bid this year. We had bidders that didn't win anything make a donation anyway. All in all it was a successful first foray!

Pros:

This is a very robust system - has a ton of capabilities - but it is VERY EASY to use! I took time to set up the auction at the beginning. I went through EVERY TAB to make sure that I had all of the setting the way we wanted them. I was able to chat with customer service and they were EXTREMELY helpful! Even on the weekends - when they should have been off - they still answered very quickly. They were able to code in some special requests for reports for me. They listened to product enhancement suggestions. I liked the ability to paste a photo link for the items. I used a lightbox to photograph most items and I uploaded to my Google Account. I was easily able to get the photo address and paste it in item. Worked great! I also used the photo editing when I needed to add "Picture is a Representation". Very easy to use!

Cons:

I wish that when bidders registered they could put in their company name as well. For us it is super important to recognize the company name as well as the person from the company. Both need the recognition. I ended up adding the company name (when I knew it) to the First and Last Name fields. Sometimes I found the reporting cumbersome. I wanted to be able to see all of the items that were being bid on and see the bidder, with the price as well as the donor. A good snapshot report of everything. I was finally able to create something but I didn't see an easy way to add that to a "Favorites" Section. I kept forgetting where I finally found the report. Would be a nice add. I did use the save the view function. But I just could never remember which report to pull. :)

4 years ago

Lisa- gigantic thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a lovely detailed review. I do hope others find it useful. It sounds like it was time for your group to shift to a more sophisticated auction system- so happy you chose Auctria. Moving from paper tickets, excel and google form & sheets hopefully save you quite a bit of time. You are an incredible resource for your church!! RE; company name, good news- you can add that as a required field for registration, this can be found under Registration Options--> Ask for bidder's company-->yes/no. RE: saving reports as favorites has come up before too, I'll add your vote for plus one to that one! Thanks for feedback- it is always appreciated as we continuously try to improve. Congratulations to you and Queen of the Holy Rosary on a successful event!

Keleigh
President in US
Design, Self Employed

Auctria: Top notch software and customer service

Comments: I think I'm on my fifth golf tournament and 8th online auction now. After using the software ourselves for several years, a small group from my Rotary club got together to help other non-profits in our area set up Auctria and run their auctions online during the pandemic. This was right before that service was offered by the Auctria staff. Each group we helped more than tripled their anticipated revenues! I believe they will continue to use the software after returning to in-person events.

Pros:

I can duplicate a past auction and have a new one up in running in less than an hour - with full customization.

Cons:

When I'm training someone to, for example, just check people in, the learning curve is steeper than I'd like. It would be nice to have a few portals for common tasks such as check-in, check-out, adding products, adding donors.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for recognizing Auctria as "Top Notch" for both platform and customer service. Your detailed review here will for sure help others realize you don't have to sacrifice features for the price. Auctria knows that organizations are fundraising for amazing charities and we want to make it efficient and affordable for all. re: check in/out we JUST did a mini video on this, however, there are so many ways group set up their own registration process it's hard to provide a global message. A portal to narrow down is great feedback and will be shared with the dev team.

Christina
Foundation Director in US
Fund-Raising, 2–10 Employees

Amazing software! Made our event wonderful!

Comments: We were looking for usable, cost-effective software to help with our hybrid event during the pandemic. We appreciated the many video tutorials and the quick response during the week from customer service. We were not excited to see that prices are skyrocketing for next year (we paid $270 and are now going to have to pay for the same exact service at more than $600 next year!). Overall we are pleased with the software and are looking into using it again for our event next year (even if it is entirely in person).

Pros:

Loved the ease of building the website for our auction event. Check-out for our patrons as well as for us the next day was absolutely seamless. I was very happy with the functionality and the reports were incredibly helpful. Customer service was AMAZING with answering our questions quickly. However, they are not available on weekends (when we had our event unfortunately).

Cons:

I would have liked to have had better instruction regarding live auction items, integrating into a hybrid event (where not only online bidding is happening, but where in-person folks are also bidding online). We opened some of the live auction items for bidding at the same time online as our "silent auction" items. We closed all "silent auction" items at 8:00 pm while keeping the live auction items going individually at the end. However, every single live auction item closed at the same time (8:00 pm) as the rest of the auction, right in the middle of bidding! Upon inspection, the live auction items did not have the same close time as the silent auction so we couldn't figure out what happened. A quick fix of extending out the entire auction to 10:00 pm and MANUALLY re-opening our live auction items took care of it, but we had some confused in-person bidders for about 10 minutes. That was very frustrating. There was no customer service available on weekends.

4 years ago

Thanks for noting how easy the ease in building the website and check-out. Sorry you had a few bumps Christina. Auctria does monitor support for urgent issues on the weekend, should you need to in the future PLEASE reach out. Hope you crushed your fundraising goal!

Cecil
Cecil
Treasurer/Webmaster in US

Auctria is Outstanding

Comments: Auctria is very open to suggestions for improvement. Most importantly they ALWAYS answer questions about issues or problems in a VERY prompt manner using their online chat tool.

Pros:

This is a great package for running silent, online auctions as well as managing event registration and ticket sales. We were looking for a reasonably priced solution to run our annual UN-Gala fundraising event. We looked at a lot of different packages. Auctria was clearly the best for the money. We use it to sell tickets and register guests/bidders. To run the online/silent auction, the live auction and the fund-a-need auction at the event. And to checkout winning bidders at the end of the night.

Cons:

Actually, I don't dislike anything about the software. I wish someone / somewhere would come up with a good way of entering fund-a-need auction bids in real time so that the bids don't get lost in the transcription.

5 years ago

Thanks Cecil for the detailed review. Really enjoy reading how you used so many features to run the entire auction event for Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services UN-Gala. As you described the continuity throughout the entire event remains all on one platform for streamlined efficiency. As of now, as you stated the fund a need does require a spotter and entering the information to the system. Note: the development team has fund-a-need optimizer on the list, I'll add your +1. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter as we post all enhancements as they roll out. Thanks also for the shout out to the support team, I will share your feedback. Hope all your bids soar!

Karen
VP Finance in US
Fund-Raising, 11–50 Employees

Auctria is Amazing!

Comments: Check out for our gala was always the most stressful part of the event. Auctria makes us look like pros. No more waiting in lines divided by the alphabet; any volunteer station can help any guest. There are no more piles of paper to sort and add the bids by hand. We honestly have very short lines at checkout which makes our last impression of the evening a good impression. In additions, we now have a great database of information about all aspects of our gala.

Pros:

Auctria is so easy to use which is very important. My favorite feature is the amazing customer service. We've used Auctria for 4 years and Auctria makes improvements every year. They don't just make changes, they make IMPROVEMENTS. They incorporate the changes in a suttle way so we aren't completely re-training our volunteers every year, we just have to point out the new features.

Cons:

The first year most of the credit cards were rejected because of the processor. The next year Auctria incorporated Authorize.net which enabled a variety of processors to work with Auctria. We used the processor we normally use for processing cards online and everything went smoothly.

6 years ago

THANK YOU for this feedback "Auctria makes us look like pros." and "Auctria is Amazing" Thanks for the 4-year review! We are humbled by your kind words yet pleased to read you enjoy all the new features and updates. Fun Fact: we started Auctria because we volunteered to run an auction fundraiser many years ago and they were using pencil & paper & nothing else! There had to be a better way! Happy to read you too have eliminated the check-out lines and put smiles on your bidders faces at the end of the night! Truly we appreciate all feedback and use it daily to make each event even better than the previous one.

Don
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Good platform and customer service

Pros:

We have been using Auctria for our in person silent auction for years. This year we had to go to a virtual event and used the online auction along with other features we have not used in the past. The learning curve was a little steep, but our concierge [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic helping us get started. I highly recommend the Emerald plan if this is your first year. The feedback was very positive from our guest in the ease of registering and bidding. We had all items paid for within 24hrs.

Cons:

Setting up was not the most intuitive however having had help from the concierge I think we can do it on our own next year. The home page was a little clunky in mobile view. Once our guests clicked on Online Bidding, it was fine.

4 years ago

Thanks Don, so happy to read you were pleased with our Launch service. We truly hope this gave the opportunity to maximize all the Auctria features. As you noted this is an optional service to the Emerald or Diamond plan where Auctria does the set-up work for you. Thanks for choosing Auctria year over year.

Jessica
School auction committee member in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 11–50 Employees

Lifesaver for our school’s fundraising

Pros:

Our school had been using fundraising software that was extremely old and risky to continue using. Auctria provides so many options for such a great price! Our first year, we only used it to keep track of our items and donors, and to check out. This year, due to COVID, we expanded our use to include online auctions, creation of the event website, and processing payments. Auctria allows multiple users so each person on our committee has become “experts” at certain functions of Auctria :) Auctria customer service is FANTASTIC. They reply to my inquiries within minutes, it seems!! They know their stuff so we never feel alone with their product. Can’t say enough good things about their customer service!

Cons:

I really cannot think of any cons at this moment.

4 years ago

Reading your review title "Lifesaver for school's fundraising" makes our hearts swell. We know it can be challenging to fundraise in the shadow of COVID. As you stated the Auctria platform already had in place online options that have been used for years by many thousands of groups. So glad you were able to pivot so smoothly with us. Congratulations on your fundraising efforts Jessica!

William
Power User in US
Religious Institutions, 201–500 Employees

A Most Successful Church Service Auction.

Comments: From the moment of acquisition to where we are almost ready to close our auction, the Auctria Launch Team has been most helpful in uploading our auction items[82], in guiding us through the setup parameters and in encouraging our team as we went live. From purchase, installation, implementation setup through close the TEAM was very responsive to our concerns. Given that this was the first time we used The Auctria application after more than 20 plus years of manual auctions it was wonderful to get rid of all the manual processes, paper shuffling, creation of e-mail winning notifications and payment follow-up effotts.

Pros:

The support and encouragement of the Auctria Team (TEAM) made our implementation exceedingly successful. There were no surprises or “crashes.” The various screens were extremely easy to navigate. The search features were very user friendly especially the grouping feature. It was also very helpful that Auctria had a mirrored test version of our database so it was easy for our team to test all the functionality that we needed.

Cons:

As a retired professional systems developer and senior I/T director I can confidently report that we didn’t experience and significant glitches or cons with Auctria’s software.

last year

20 years of paper and leveling up to Auctria- gigantic thank you for trusting us. Double gigantic thank you for the detailed review. You are calling out one of our favorites too: setting up a test event with your own data and settings. ���� This comment --> " As a retired professional systems developer and senior I/T director I can confidently report that we didn't experience and significant glitches or cons with Auctria's software."

Gail
Volunteer in US

Fund Raising Software

Comments: We have saved money not hiring someone to help fun our fundraisers and we are doing a better job the company we hired. It is very time consuming for the person in charge of the software.. It would be hard to replace me in doing this job after I have done it for 2 years. Huge learning curve.

Pros:

It links everything for running a fundraiser into one area. Ticket sales, live and silent auctions and donations. We can now do our own check in and check out at the event where we had been paying a company to do it and they were doing a very poor job. People attending our fundriaser have commented on the smooth check in and out process now that we are doing it ourselves with this software.

Cons:

It take a lot of time to learn to do the different things in the software. I spend hours each year learning how to use it and setting it up and training others. Could have a more user interface.

5 years ago

Thanks Gail for taking the time to leave a review. We are always striving to improve Auctria and that means adding new features- we know this can make it seem more complicated however we hope it also makes Auctria more full featured. Quick tip- there are several levels of user access so you can safely share the auction workload. Glad to read that Auctria was able to streamline your auction process and help raise more money for your cause. Starting this month Auctria is conducting live webinars on using Auctria. These will be preserved for playback. Feel free to share with any new team members. For more information reach out [email protected].

Carlos
Auction Committee in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Great software for auctions and very affordable!!!

Comments: Very very positive.

Pros:

Very easy to navigate, extremely affordable!

Cons:

The software isn’t incredibly intuitive. You have to ask a lot of questions or read manual to understand advanced functions.

5 years ago

We at Auctria thank your for the review title "Great software for auction and very affordable" The three exclamation points are icing on the cake. Our mission is to create a software solution to keep track of all the auction details, and help ensure an efficient and smooth fundraising event. Cost is always a factor, so we proudly offer Auctria so it's affordable to ALL groups.

Angelique
Event Marketing and Management in US
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Excellent product - continue to recommend to new clients

Comments: Excellent. I have used it with every client this year in providing exceptional online fundraising events and been very pleased with the results.

Pros:

It is easy to use once you get the hang of it (short learning curve). Website building features are easy to understand and pretty robust. Lots of reports available for those who need to slice and dice data, fees are reasonable for what you get. Simple for customers to use, the mobile app works well and the customizable email function is very useful. I also like that they seem to be constantly improving the product and looking to evolve as the needs of their customer base change.

Cons:

Sometimes finding answers to questions in the online manual can be a bit difficult/cumbersome. They do not have a help desk you can call, everything is done online, which when you are in a BIG hurry can be a bit frustrating. However, I have always received a response within a few hours at most and the answers are well thought out and complete. In addition, I believe they recently provided an add-on for additional customer service, but I have not used it to date.

4 years ago

Angelique, thanks for choosing Auctria for multiple clients. A referral is the most sincere form of flattery and we are thrilled to read your kind words! Thanks for using and recommending Auctria.

Jean
Willard Gala and Auction Committee in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 11–50 Employees

Ran a multi-prong auction and gala with ease

Comments: Our goal as a team was to reduce the amount of time we spent running our event this year, and because so much data already existed in the Auctria database we were able to do that.

Pros:

We ran a multi-prong auction and gala using Auctria. We used it to handle every method by which we took in money with ease. It was easy to walk into as a new school volunteer once I saw all the data history from the past 4 years that existed. We copied auction items, donors, ticket classes over from prior years. All the categorization of different types of revenue that existed made it really easy to pull off all the different things we wanted to do.

Cons:

Since we closed different parts of the fundraising effort at different times, it would have been nice to be able to shut down different pages of the fundraising website. For instance, we are still selling tickets to parent led signup parties, but the online auction itself is closed and the gala is over. Those pages have to stay up to be able to sell signup party tickets.

5 years ago

LOVE reading that you took over from a previous auction team member with ease! Year over year auctions benefit tremendously with streamlined input efforts to copy previous data. Hope all your future bids soar! There are lots of options on item types that may help streamline the post-auction sales you are managing. Reach out [email protected] if you want help.

Margaret
President in US
Fund-Raising, Self Employed

In-person auction event

Pros:

Robust and clear setupFlexibility of the platform to do pretty much anything we needed I think people bid more because they got notified when they were outbidDiscoverability of items that don't have bids and the ability to track what you've bid onReporting was great for checkout (we used Outstanding Accounts report in Bidders and Winning Bid Details)Ability to add live auction items to bidder's basket so they only had one charge

Cons:

The onboarding process felt like it frustrated some people with how many steps it took. The checkout process. It's clunky and not obvious and the killer is where people want to pay but then get hung up on where you have to AGAIN agree to terms of use. The credit card input screen is bad (needs to be turned to landscape to even enter information)The confusion about being logged in but not registered, then needing to confirm emailBidders needed to go to the "Home" screen to update their basket/totals. This was especially true for live auction winners.

9 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to share " I think people bid more because they got notified when they were outbid". We hope this helped raise more money! re: onboarding- many orgs will pick up a 20-minute Assist Call, the specialist can fly through lots of q+a's and help with some set-up. In addition, we will be offering some new group sessions, hope that helps in the future.