• Overall

About BambooHR

BambooHR features integrated applicant tracking (ATS) as part of our award-winning cloud-based HR information software package.

Learn more about BambooHR

Filter reviews (1,271)

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used BambooHR before?

Filter reviews (1,271)

Director of Field Marketing in US

Robust tool, but we don’t use all the features

4 8 months ago

Comments: Overall positive experience. It serves the purpose for what I use with org chart, time off management, storing benefits and company policies, and direct report and personal profile info.

Pros:

I am a user of BambooHR and find it useful to accessing the company org chart. I can search by name to see who sits on what team. This is helpful since my company is growing and hiring a lot of people. It can be confusing in a virtual setting to know what teams people are on, so I check frequently. I also like how easy it is to request time off and approve requests from the manager side. These are the main 2 functions I use.

Cons:

I think my company isn’t using all the functionality and we have some disjointed systems, but that isn’t a fault of the tool. Since I use the org chart feature most, it would be great to be able to click into names and see a basic profile with their contact info.

Lisa D.
HR manager in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees

Top of the Line HRIS Software

5 4 months ago

Comments: I found Bamboo HR to be extremely useful and resourceful. I greatly enjoyed my free trial period and look forward to investing in using this software moving forward.

Pros:

Bamboo HR is an all in one stop, shop, for everything an HR professional is looking for. Its extremely easy to use and set up and the capabilities are seemingly endless. I love the recruitment and onboarding included, which is not something you see with comparable products.

Cons:

I really can't say anything negative about my experience with Bamboo HR.

Alternatives Considered: HR Complete and Oracle PeopleSoft

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR: Overall easy of use and advanced capabilities.

Tj Z.
Mining & Metals, 51-200 Employees

Cumbersome HR Processes Streamlined w/ BambooHR

5 5 years ago

Comments: BambooHR has revolutionized the way we do business. From top to bottom, our employees have nothing but great things to say about this software. Several cumbersome processes have been streamlined.
For example, Bamboohr's applicant tracking system has given us the platform to compete for candidates who are not only more qualified but who also fit our company culture. Finding the right folks has decreased turnover and saved on training costs. The APS has streamlined our applicant workflow process. For instance, HR and managers now have the ability to work together in reviewing and scheduling applicants. This alone has yielded more qualified candidates in half the time.
The PTO tracker is another Bamboohr feature our company absolutely loves. Prior to Bamboohr we used email and paper to track PTO. The double, sometimes triple, handling of requests was beyond frustrating. Employees now request off and receive their managers approval (or denial) within minutes. Employee records throughout the system are updated the moment their supervisor accepts his/her PTO request. Everyone enjoys managing their own PTO.
Employee on-boarding is another process streamlined through Bamboohr. Candidate information is transferred from the APS to their employee record the moment he/she is hired. We customized bamboohr's on-boarding checklist to fit our company's needs. Any person, whether HR, manager or new hire, can be assigned items within a template checklist. Once a person is hired, the assigned items will automatically generate notifications to the appropriate person. Check-list notifications may serve as simple reminders to more complex messages requiring electronic signatures. Bamboohr's electronic signature feature recently has allowed us to enjoy our first "paperless" on-boarding experience!!
BambooHR is without question a game changer.

Pros:

APS is extremely effective. Sleek design gives companies competive advantgage. PTO tracker via mobile app is a game changer Paperless on-boarding is real!

Cons:

none

Alvaro M.
Alvaro M.
Account Manager in Philippines
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Our HRM team loves this

4 3 years ago

Comments: HR tools in one place covering all HR functions and the entire employee lifecycle from applicant tracking, hiring, onboarding, performance reviews, clearance, movements, resignation, retirement... all in! The reporting tool is powerful enough, just make sure to have everything you need planned and mapped out so you can have it all set up by the vendor right from the bat. :)

Pros:

Cloud-based HR software is less hassle to maintain for the internal IT team, and easy to manage for the HRM staff. It is full-featured, at least more than what we needed to manage the entire lifecycle of an employee (hiring, performance, records, training, timekeeping, movements, resignation, retirement, etc). The tracking is easy and intuitive (e.g., how many leaves left/used, timekeeping record). The home/dashboard is attractive and easy to navigate. The digital HR 201 files are well kept in one secure place. BambooHR is flexible and extensible to keep all the needed information for each employee.

Cons:

Updates to the software come in too pricey. The ability to add/remove custom fields and reports have to go through their customer support/channel. Therefore, make sure that you have everything already mapped out during your project planning and implementation for your company (to minimize change requests and additional cost).

Nicholas B.
Business Solutions Analyst in US
Consumer Services, 501-1,000 Employees

BambooHR Review

5 yesterday New

Comments: Amazing

Pros:

The number of functions and features. Our company switched from no HR system to using BambooHR and it is incredible how much more efficient we are. We are able to track changes to a specific employee and PTO in one location. It is tremendous how successful BambooHR has been for us.

Cons:

Amount of data tables there are in the system. We are beginning to look at pulling the data outside of the system and we are spending a significant amount of time trying to match information. This is normal, but it is still inconvenient when trying to connect certain fields.

Rickey J.
Customer Success Manager in US

The Best HR platform

5 6 months ago

Comments: Overll, the platform is great, and of course, it is #1 HRS for a reason. Communication with employees has greatly improved over the days when we were still using spreadsheets and internal forms. I love the history of documents, it shows every DocuSigned file since onboarding. Further to this, it is nie to know that those documents are very secure. As a manager, one of my favorite features is performance tracking for staff.

Pros:

It's #1 for a reason. They have designed it really well, it is efficient and fast, it's intuitive and very easy to use. Managers are able to track all kinds of info, from PTO days to salary, salary increases, bonuses, e-signed documents, hierarchy, and much, much more.

Cons:

It's probably a security feature, but it would be nice to have access to external vendors to submit invoices. The mobile app greatly limits features, which is probably another feature of the platform to prevent craziness happening if your phone is stolen or left alone. I would like to see a more fully integrated scheduling system, as well as multi-level approvals for time sheets.

Luis H.
Developer in Brazil

Easy to use and customize

4 2 years ago

Pros:

I worked on the team that implemented BambooHR and a find it very easy to get started. Also, the company offers a lot of open source software to be installed if you need to customize it someday.

Cons:

The problems begin if you need to integrate the software with 3rd party systems. So we need to keep running tasks and doing workarounds to get data in sync.

Alternatives Considered: Breezy and Workday HCM

Switched From: Breezy and Workday HCM

Michelle D.
Michelle D.
VP of People & Culture in US
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees

Great Product For the Basics a Mid-sized Company Needs

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I have not had a single problem in over two years that could not be corrected with an email or chat, both within 15 minutes.

Pros:

Everything from rollout to daily use is logical - no crazy steps, no GUI, just all the information stored in one location (customizable) and with electronic signatures. Reporting is simple with canned reports as well as the option to create reports using any field that exists in the database.

Cons:

Assigning various roles (Admin/Ops, Leadership, Mid-manager, etc) can feel a little clunky, but it's only because there are soooo many options, which is a good thing. It's just the one thing that takes longer. Having a position title transfer to a job title (ATS to employee) would also be helpful; it seems a double step to hire someone for a new role, but need to go back into the setting to create that title.

David K.
Computer Software

BambooHR = HR Genius

5 5 years ago

Pros:

Working with BambooHR has been an eye-opening experience into what life as and HR Professional is like without spreadsheets and paper processes. BambooHR's cloud-based HR platform allows you to recruit, hire and onboard new hires all within one complete system. Through their user friendly applicant tracking system the Hiring Managers are able to comment on candidates and pass them through to the hire process. Once a candidate is selected for hire the system has a built in onboarding package which you can customize for all new hires to include necessary paperwork such as (W-4s, I-9, and company information that can be signed electronically). BambooHR's platform also comes with an easy to use time off tracking system which allows employees and manager to easily track leave requests and a calendar to view when the corresponding team members are out of the office. Bamboo also allows the company to keep track of which benefits employees have elected to ensure compliance throughout the organization. Not to mention, there is a built in organizational chart which allows the employee to view the entire reporting structure of the company along with their direct reports and supervisors. Lastly BambooHR also offers additional apps and add-ons for performance review management which has made annual reviews a quick and painless process for managers and their employees.

Cons:

The only thing that this product does not provide is a payroll service. BambooHR is purely and HRIS that will manage all of the company's human resource functions but does not serve as a payroll provider. However they do provide apps that allow select payroll providers to integrate with their software as well as those with customizeable API integrations.

Sr IT Service Delivery Analsyt in Kenya
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

BambooHR - A great HR Management system

4 5 months ago

Comments: BambooHR is an excellent online HR system for both small and large organizations. It includes useful features like time-off monitoring, new hire duties, and integrated payrolls. BamboHR can be considered as one of the best HR management tools in the market right now

Pros:

1. BamboHR has a clean, fluid, and user-friendly interface. It's really simple to discover what you're looking for!! 2. It provides a convenient method for monitoring your time and requesting PTO. 3. It has a mobile app that works 4. It automates the process of hiring, onboarding, and offboarding. 5. It provides important functions like reporting, management, and peer-to-peer feedback. 5. It is very beneficial for businesses that are first in Distributed mode and span many continents. Everything is centered on a single point.

Cons:

1. Integration with other platforms is pretty hard since you have to rely on the API system 2. Template customization is quite limited.

Alexandra R.
Administrator in
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

Love Bamboo-ing!

5 5 years ago

Comments: We are a small company but found that general HR tasks were very time to consume and overwhelming since employees here wear multiple 'hats' -- BambooHR was just what we needed. For the price, this software has some great features and grows with the company. As a user, the company will also send out emails for training and other external events for interested parties - another great benefit of BambooHR!

Pros:

So many features to make HR as easy as possible. Different training areas can be set up for multiple staff types, dashboard makes checking upcoming employee announcements easy to follow (such as time off, birthdays, anniversaries, etc). Enjoy the ease of uploading documentation into employee files as well as the employees having access to particular areas and documents (which can all be assigned by Admin). Additional software can be implemented and used right along with BambooHR - also a plus. The company sends out emails reporting pending updates to the software so we always feel like a part of the changes as they are occurring instead of after the fact.

Cons:

While we love the ability to make pdf files editable, don't like the amount of time it takes to set them up. Once they are set up, they work great until an update of the document is needed - which means another set-up. Offering current subscribers new products at a discount (or free) would be great. Since we are a smaller company, we can't often spend - spend - spend but BambooHR does offer continued options for subscribers.

Jessica B.
Operations Manager in US

Helping small businesses make HR easier

4 3 years ago

Comments: It's a godsend for the hiring process. And it really helps us centralize where a lot of HR info lives. And being able to set up signature templates for forms and the onboarding/offboarding checklists are fantastic. But it's not the cheapest. Still with it though.

Pros:

It's so great to have a centralized place to organize all this info. Before we were keeping things in hard copy folder, random folders on our server, etc. This is definitely more organized. And I love the signature templates and the way you can set up an onboarding and offboarding process. For a small team like mine, you don't do that stuff very often, and now I can just click the "onboarding" button, instead of spending a few days trying to remember everything I need to do. And OMG, it is a godsend for the hiring process. The way you can collect resumes, review canidates, rate them, leave comments, change their status based on where they are in the process, it's AMAZING. It has saved us HOURS and HOURS of time when hiring.

Cons:

The cost is a little steep. And sometimes that hurts when people seem to keep forgetting that it's there for them to reference. And we pay extra for the reviews, which can be great when you use them, but they take so much time that sometimes we skip them.

Bryan P.
Bryan P.
CEO in US
11-50 Employees

We're a growing company and BambooHR helped us really organize our HR processes

5 4 years ago

Comments: BambooHR helped us scale from 20-50 employees very quickly and efficiently. Without the software, we likely would've had to hire at least 1 person to coordinate everything. It saved us some costs there but it also helps us improve our employee experience through onboarding and performance management.

Pros:

We hadn't used an HRIS before BambooHR so we didn't really know what to expect. We started using BambooHR when we were around 20 employees or so. In the last year or we, we've grown to 50 employees so their various features from ATS to onboarding to esignatures have really helped us grow quickly while providing a good employee experience.

Cons:

It took me awhile to get comfortable with the permissions but I was very cautious since HR data is very private. Once I got the hang of it, I found it very customizable. I don't have any major cons - whenever I got stuck due to my lack of HR knowledge, their support team was there to help.

Diana P.
Diana P.
Salesforce Support & Admin in Romania
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

BambooHR rocks.

5 2 years ago

Comments: I am pleased with BambooHR, is much better than the previous HR tool my company used. It's more user friendly and uncomplicated. At a quick glance you can see which of your coworkers are out that day, the new hires and the work anniversaries of your colleagues.

Pros:

BambooHR it's super easy to use to submit requests for home office, vacation leave, sick leave etc. I love how on my profile it shows an overview of my progress, my time with the company, the department and the team I'm part of. My company is spread out worldwide and I find it very useful how BambooHR shows a diagram of the whole company divided by departments and hierarchy so I can easily find out to which of my coworkers I need to reach out for different projects. Most of all I like that it's super easy to submit my performance review directly from BambooHR.

Cons:

I have nothing negative to say about BambooHR so far. I am pleased of how clear, simple and easy to use it is as compared to the previous HR tool that was used in my company.

John J.
Consultant in US
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees

Perfect for the small, upcoming business

4 4 years ago

Comments: The product also provides opportunities for performance managing your team by selecting the "Performance" package. This has helped keep a pulse on our company's engagement and loyalty. Great product!

Pros:

The program is very easy to use and is quite intuitive. You have the ability to customize many options. BambooHR does a nice job of sending out monthly feature updates that keep the HR team up to date and knowledgeable. There are several vendors that will work well with the BambooHR platform as well. These vendors include but are not limited to payroll and benefits. They are fun and helpful with their customer service. Great product for the price point!

Cons:

I would like the option to customize our organizational chart to be easier to use. It seems clunky at this point. Otherwise I have zero complaints!

Creative Specialist in Philippines

Easy to use platform for a growing startup

4 5 months ago

Comments: BambooHR is a satisfactory platform that can help companies organize their data, files, and other concerns that is usually related to HR. I think it has a great potential to become better, but it needs to improve its functionalities a little bit more.

Pros:

As an employee, everything you need can be coursed through here. Need to apply for a leave? Check. Need to go through your Payslip? Check. Need to sign some documents? Check. Need to apply for a job? Check. They offer a service that is automated and organized.

Cons:

The Announcement section needs a better functionality, it's too simple. I don't have admin privileges but I remember when we were helping setting up the platform, the settings were too complex and possibly too confusing for a less techie individual. I think BambooHR lacks a comprehensive FAQ or how-to guide that's accessible to all (I think, if I remember correctly, the how-to guide were only available for those with full admin access).

Tori S.
Solutions Engineer in US
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Making HR So Much Easier!

5 10 months ago

Comments: I absolutely love this product. I hadn't used it until my current company and I am really happy to be able to utilize it. There are so many great features and I love it.

Pros:

My favorite feature is the Org Chart. Since we are completely remote right now, it is more critical than ever to know where and how people fit into the org. I reference the org chart all the time to understand who I am talking to and working with! I love that you can look up all employees and also see how they fit into the org (Who they report to, who else is on their team, etc.). I also love that you can see your compensation history in your employee profile so you can see how you have progressed over time. It's a incredibly handy feature!

Cons:

The org chart is SO SLOW to load. I wish it were much faster. However, I do understand the bigger we get, it is going to slow down, but it is 2021! We should be able to load this in a heartbeat! I also wish you could zoom in (or make bigger) on employee photos. Sometimes the quality is so low I can't really get a feel for what someone looks like and need it bigger!

Kathy H.
HR/Talent Acquisition Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Love BambooHR!

5 4 years ago

Comments: BambooHR has made my life as an HR/Talent Acquisition professional so much easier! I have more time to concentrate on other important day to day duties. Thank you, BambooHR!

Pros:

- Easy to use ATS - Customer service is professional and top notch. The employees genuinely seem like they're happy working there! - They have payroll now! We switched from ADP to their payroll because it's just that much easier having everything on one interface. - They partner with a bunch of companies for expense reporting, time keeping, health insurance, training, etc. so you can add the services you'd like. - Affordable for the quality you receive.

Cons:

- BambooHR is a fairly new so there are a few links but they do their best to make improvements and listen to their customers. They even come out with a monthly newsletter that touches on improvements they've made in the month and improvements they plan to make for the upcoming month.

Keith S.
Operations Manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Customized for my needs!

4 4 years ago

Comments: HR tracking with on-boarding and off-boarding tools.

Pros:

Powerful HR software that can really be customized to my needs. Hiring tools, on-boarding, and off-boarding have been powerful tools for a small company looking to reduce liability without adding personnel. Customizable reports, integration with accounting, and notifications for the important things. Employee portal creates paperless enrollment in provided benefits as well as reports and access to important personal information.

Cons:

It is a large financial commitment that may take some time to realize the benefits. Improvements to the mobile app would be nice as it lacks the many features that would benefit the employee.

Austin T.
Austin T.
Manager of Information Systems in US

Centralized HR Tool for the Whole Company

5 6 months ago

Comments: We originally procured BambooHR when we were looking for a solution to multiple problems: tracking PTO balances and PTO requests, tracking employee information, and tracking inventory.

Pros:

Simply put, I like all of the features in BambooHR. I'm always coming across features that are useful or that I find a use for. It has solved the problem in my company of tracking Paid Time Off (PTO) balances and requests.

Cons:

The feature where you can embed current open positions on your website could be improved. I know there is an API for developers to pull data out of BambooHR, but I wish it was easier to customize the 'embed open positions on your website' feature (colors, fonts, layout, etc.).

Mojdee B.
QMS Specialist in Canada
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees

Excellent HR platform for small companies

5 4 years ago

Comments: Generally very happy with this software, however I would not recommend it for larger companies.

Pros:

Very easy to use with an excellent and attractive interface. Time off handling is the best I've seen; easy to submit and approve requests, clear display of remaining time off and even a built-in time off calculator. The calendar eliminates the need to send out mass emails prior to taking time off, as anyone can see who is off and who will be off in the coming days/weeks. HR-required documentation can all be stored in this one central location, and assessments, training, org charts and many other features are incorporated right into the platform. The app makes it easy to use on-the-go, which is great for sick days.

Cons:

Training features are limited, as managers are still required to sign off on an employee's training. Org chart functionality is very basic, so it falls short for companies who have a more complex structure.

Esther Y.
Consultant in US
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees

Absolutely the Best HRIS!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Absolutely a pleasant to work with!

Pros:

They are just getting better and better. I am excited to see what the merger with TRAX Payroll will do. Currently I have been recommending BambooHR and TRAX combo to all of our new business clients. BambooHR is not only an eye-catching software with its beautiful UI but it does everything that an HR would need. Now that it's getting TRAX onboard, I am excited to see their last missing piece...payroll.

Cons:

I do wish that there are some additional customization we can do...for example, having multiple different layers of approvers that is fully customize-able.

Noel H.
Noel H.
Support Lead in Honduras
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees

Easiest HR Software

5 2 years ago

Comments: So far, this tool had been a witness of my Career process inside the company and now this tool is helping me to keep track of the career of my associates.

Pros:

BambooHR is really straight forward, I know that it has different features but how we use it in my company is for keeping track of Holidays and Time Off. I like how Bamboo sends you a notification when there is an anniversary of a team member.

Cons:

I don't like the mobile app for IOS. There are a lot of opportunities. I think they should add a little bit more of functions inside the mobile app.

Dave K.
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees

BambooHR- Easy to use HRIS

4 4 years ago

Comments: Overall a great HRIS if you are a small company 50-150 employees and are looking for a great way to streamline your processes and organize your employee information.

Pros:

Very easy to use from the employee to the manager level. With the use of the app employees and managers are able to easily submit and approve time off requests on from their phone. We also use the Performance Review feature which has provided a more efficient way for employees and managers to complete their reviews while saving the company time and improving overall productivity.

Cons:

Some of the features are set within the system that you cannot change, but BambooHR has made several updates over the last couple months to incorporate feedback from customers

Morgan C.
Morgan C.
CIO in South Africa

BambooHR transformed our team management

5 3 years ago

Comments: BambooHR has solved our leave requests, leave tracking, org structure, reviews, and general HR management needs.

Pros:

We had no HRIS before BambooHR. As a growing company we got to the point where we needed to make sure everyone had a manager, regular 1:1s, regular reviews, and career development. Bamboo has the features we needed to make this easy and stable.

Cons:

BambooHR comes with the basics, but prepare to spend more for features for reviews, 1:1 tracking etc. There is an ecosystem of applications that integrate well with Bamboo but it gets pricy fast.