15 years helping Australian businesses

About Zoho People

Affordable on-demand HRIS and recruitment solution with an employee portal, recruitment & resume management and much more.

Learn more about Zoho People

Pros:

It is very easy to use and keeps our employee database very easily updated. It has almost a fiully employee cycle from employment do dismissal/resignation.

Zoho People ratings

4.1
4.1
4.3
4.4

8.2/10

Zoho People has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 250 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho People before?

Oladipo
Oladipo
Content writer in Nigeria
Broadcast Media, 11–50 Employees

Zoho People Review

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

Zoho People is a software that offers complete and total HR services for organizations with all its amazing features such as document management, time-off management, employee database management, payroll integration, employee self-service, etc. Zoho people can be used in the various industries that exist all over the world. Industries like I.T. Media/Advertising, Finance, Healthcare, and Education. This software has a free mobile application that easily works on Android and iOS devices. I so much enjoy using Zoho People as it also offers a free trial version for new users who might want to test its capabilities for just 30 days.

Cons:

No single fault is displayed yet, it performs all its functions excellently.

Anonymous reviewer
Internet, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Centralization of task management in a single software.

5.0 last month New

Comments: It is a fairly complete program, it has a good setup and when you start it it is easy to learn and use it, it has a good password saving system, I think it is a unique program and one of the best in terms of personnel management that I loved using it for this reason and perhaps in the future expand the investment in it.

Pros:

Zoho People is a human resource management platform that I also find useful at Chevron. I like how Zoho People centralizes all employee-related information, including time management, attendance tracking, vacation management and performance evaluation, it has a good design, it has a good work mode, it is pleasant In appearance, an excellent UI UX, otherwise for this reason I recommend it.

Cons:

I think that there are no major difficulties to be able to decide that Zoho has things that I dislike. I think that its problem-solving system is quite accurate. I think that I would refrain from giving a bad detail. I think that there is nothing bad that is worth talking about. .

Retail, 2–10 Employees

As usual with ZoHo - A good idea that's not working out

Comments: (I ran out of room in the "What did i like least) section.. so I'll continue here) The many many times I contacted support they were very slow to respond, unhelpful, and more than a little condescending... Many times I wound up skipping customer support and contacting the sales representative who was trying to get me to use the software (he was financially motivated to help me) Overall - Zoho People is an unrefined, difficult to use and poorly supported piece of software. I wish it weren't so! But.. alas...

Pros:

There's a lot of conceptual things to like about zoho people - as with most Zoho products out there (And believe me.. I have tried just about all of them) There are a lot of great ideas.. Zoho promises the ability to track time, integrate with Zoho projects, track and measure performance, create employee profiles and in short manage every aspect of your employees. As i'll describe below - these things don't actually pan out the way they should. Since I have to pick one thing I like most about this software (That isn't theoretical) I would say it's ability to (almost) easily integrate with other zoho platforms - notably the various messaging systems

Cons:

Zoho People is like every other Zoho software I have ever used - Too good to be true. What makes most of the zoho software so attractive seems to stem from two things... 1. The price is always fantastic 2. The marketing team is clearly miles ahead of the development team (in other words, it looks better than it is) With specific regard to Zoho people.. to start with, you definitely feel like you need to be a developer to set it up. They have pretty extensive support documentation but it's often out of date - and at least a half dozen times I went to the documentation and found it was missing the specific problem/issue or feature I was trying to figure out. Zoho people uses a lot of labels for things that aren't adequately explained which oftens leaves the user thinking that they are doing one thing.. only to find out they aren't. An easy example is that you can have employees, or users - and sometimes employees are users, but not always.. I wish I could tell you more about it but honestly I have no idea what it means. If you manage to get any pieces of this software set up, you will find that the functionality is more limited than planned. It doesn't integrate well with things like projects and it always seems to be lacking that ONE feature you really needed.. (for me, it was project task time tracking)

Rexie
Company Owner in UK
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Very cost effective HR management tool

Comments: It includes all the sections and forms you would expect / require for general HR as well as linking to other Zoho software for recruitment, time management, learning etc so it is a good platform to collate all data within.

Pros:

This system was fast to set up, easy to navigate and had a lot of functionality for managing HR admin including tax and legal document records. Gave a professional first impression to new recruits for onboarding admin and also linked very easily into our recruitment process via integration with Zoho Recruit.

Cons:

It does not yet contain payroll running functionality for UK users. This is the only big missing puzzle piece for the Zoho software suite and would like to be able to stop using seperate software company for this as all the rest of our accounting is done through Zoho except payroll.

Katie
Co-owner in UK
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Solid and Dependable HR Solution for Our Retail Business

Comments: Zoho People has been a very dependable and well-performing HR tool for our retail business. We were able to set it up and sync with our other tools very easily as we're already using some of the other Zoho tools and the native integration doesn't take much time at all to set up. Other than that, all the modules are very well thought out and have a lot of advanced features that save you a lot of time, and it very rarely has performance issues like bugs and whatnot. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an online HR tool.

Pros:

As a small business, we were a bit concerned as to whether we'd have to pay way over budget to be able to implement a product like Zoho, but compared to most of the other tools we evaluated, Zoho offers very reasonable plans for small businesses like ours which has helped us reap the benefits without having to wait until we hire a couple dozen more people.

Cons:

It's a bit confusing when you're just beginning to use it. It would be good to have better onboarding to learn it quicker and help us explore new ways to use it compared to us discovering stuff on our own.

Mashucul
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Best feature list for HR software

Comments: Very good reliable feature rich and great value for money

Pros:

This one application can pretty much do everything you need for people management. Its LMS module alone is worth over $5/month if bought as a separate application from another provider. The app is very responsive and reliable which again is a massive feature as some HR softwares have a web version but not an actual app. Best of all Zoho has a family of products so those other apps are of use to you hen Zoho One which is all their apps is very good value for money

Cons:

Biggest cons are that it is not a HR software in the absolute sense of the word because it has no payroll feature outside of India and although it is feature rich implementation is difficult. Zoho deliberately have poor support so you are forced to use their expensive third party partners who will help set it up to your requirements. I used someone from fiverr which is a lot cheaper but the issue with that is they go AWOL after a few weeks and you have to find someone else

Ana
Ana
Security Architecture Discipline leader in Spain
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

The universal human resources management tool can be used for any purpose.

Comments: Before using Zoho People for vacation scheduling, our HR department struggled to schedule time off. Since starting to use the tool in the early part of the year, it's been easy to schedule time off. Additionally, the approval process used to take a long time; now it's faster and easier. The system makes it easy to see how many vacation days each team member has left. It also shows which team members are out because of sickness and which have already taken vacation days.

Pros:

Huge features list; no other supplier has as many features for the price. Supplies small and large equipment alike, but can be applied to even larger equipment. No weeks of preparation or long workshops are necessary; you can start using this product immediately. Compared to other suppliers, this is a bargain and has no equal.

Cons:

The vast amount of features in the product makes understanding it very difficult. Additionally, many features of the product are controlled by incorporation, which makes it harder to use. Using this tool eliminates the need for HR to manage vacation requests. The system automates not only the recruitment process, but also new employee onboarding.

Asnath
Assistant Projects Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Zoho People: Online Time Tracker of 2024

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

With Zoho People, I am able to track time and expenses on projects. In addition, this tool offers online HR tools which help automate workflow for 24/7.

Cons:

It has poor backend integration capability although it offers nearly all tools that I require on a daily basis.

Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

ZOHO People- Must Try

Comments: Good tool to use for mid cap companies. Free trial is helpful to make a decision.

Pros:

1. Its easy to use and learn 2. User Friendly 3. Can operate via app

Cons:

1. Advance settings are bit complicated 2. Takes time to update when there is a mass updates

Ishara
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Sri Lanka
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

One of the best in HRM

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Online time management system is great. I really like the main dashboard.

Cons:

Bit expensive for small to medium companies when compared with other alternatives.

Adam
Director of Technology Solutions in Canada
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Great HRMS for the Money

Comments: great - has been an excellent step into the HRMS world from our spreadsheets and manual processes. Good support, great price, deep feature set.

Pros:

Very reasonable pricing, with a great depth of features. You can customize everything, build out approvals, workflows, automation and even custom script entire new modules. If you use other products in the Zoho Suite, it has incredible integrations as well. It was a huge step up (but small commitment in terms of cost) from our spreadsheets and manual processes.

Cons:

Complicated to set up - but that is expected given the level of customization, flexibility and functionality involved. HR is a complex thing - setting up HR Software to conform with your policies is too. But this software provides great value. Also, shifts feature was a bit lacking for how we operate, but that was not a critical feature need for us.

Andrew
VP of Operations in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Too many customizable options make it clunky

Comments: When starting off using Zoho People and contacting customer support, I had thought they were a very small start-up company. I was very surprised later to find out that Zoho is a really big company that has a lot of other tools, which made it even more disappointing that their People tool was not as great as what I had hoped.

Pros:

We only use Zoho to do time off/leave management. It's pretty straightforward for time off/leave management and the basic plan makes it very affordable to just do this one thing.

Cons:

There are so many options to customize things that it was overwhelming and make it hard to set things up. We had wanted to do use it for performance management and timesheets, but we weren't able to set it up in a way that was helpful for us even with the customizations and contacting customer support. Customer support also wasn't as helpful/responsive as I would have hoped.

Salvin
Engineer in India
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Zoho People - The Best Online HR

Comments: Zoho is a wonderful online HR business partner.
It solves almost everything with respect to an employee.
We are using it for Time & Attendance, Leave management, Online Reward management, Employee database and almost all the things.

Pros:

Zoho people is the best online tool which we can call without any hesitation "The Online HR". Its amazing features like Time & Attendance, Employee database, Leave management, Rewards etc are best in class. One factor which will make Zoho People standout is its ease of use. Everything is very clear. Even a new joinee will be very much comfortable in using it. Also it is adaptive to new platforms and have good integration with other apps as well. It is having mobile app for both Android & ios.

Cons:

I never felt any cons as a user. There is always a solution in Zoho.

Hadi
Senior Recruitment Team Lead in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 201–500 Employees

Zoho people review

Comments: It has been a wonderful experience with zoho. Great tool to begin with, it is packed with all the features that we required. The support team was phenomenal, they helped us to implement the system very efficiently

Pros:

The UI and UX of the tool is great. It has all the functionalities that are needed in a system. PMS is great to begin with, it replaced out excel sheets with something efficient. Time tracking and notification emails for logging in and logging out is there. Makes our lives much easier

Cons:

I have not felt the system lacks anything as if now. We compared this tool with ceipal workforce at the time of purchase and zoho is in a different league all together.

Vanessa
Operations Manager and Recruiter in Panama
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Mixed Feelings

Comments: Overall, it is a complicated tool, it is not that easy to use, the only good part is that it is customizable, but I would not recommend it.

Pros:

Zoho is very customizable and has an API with which you can integrate what you need. You can create forms and use them according to your needs.

Cons:

Its not intuitive, it is hard to use, the support team is in India and it is hard to match time with them to get something fixed, they ask to get remote access to fix the issue every time, which means that for that time you cannot do anything on your computer while they are on there, and sometimes they just take too long.

Pia
Human Resources Manager in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Efficient Platform To Manage Employees From Onboarding

Comments: It ensures that every detail is taken care of when onboarding new employees. It's easy to keep track of employees' usual work hours. When creating online forums, simple to utilize.

Pros:

This is basically the best suit for managing people. Zoho makes it simple to check in and out, track location and timing, and quickly regularise. It facilitates HR's day-to-day office monitoring.

Cons:

It takes very little time for the right display after check-in. The smartphone app is deficient. It Has no rewards platform

Anudeep
UX designer in India
Market Research, 11–50 Employees

Biometric is far better than Zoho. It is at the entrance so I don't forget to checkin.

Comments: None.

Pros:

I can't recall any feature that I like the most. And, why do you need 100 characters worth of positive feedback?

Cons:

1. The check in and check out process. I forget to check in and check out, which I think is basic human tendency. You could eliminate that by automatically checking in when I connect to my office's wifi network. You could at least display a notification to checkin. 2. Notifications could also be used to remind me to regularize if my attendance for the previous day is not fulfilled as per my company's minimum 9 hrs. You could at least display an option to regularize when we click on the day which is marked absent/half day in the 'attendance -> views' screen itself (there's a lot of space to add a button). This way, there's no need to go to another page and select the date to regularize.

Banking, 10,000+ Employees

VERSATILE AND HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE

Pros:

It is the kind of software that after some time, can complement your work-style and adjusts to your needs. It is highly customizable and versatile for any users. Employee management and Time Tracking is highly recommended, it is better than any other software with similar features.

Cons:

The mobile version is somewhat glitchy and does not work as well as it does on the desktop. There are moments when it would crash.

Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Good tool for HR

Comments: Overall it is a solid piece of software when viewed as a component of the whole Zoho suite. But as a stand alone product it does not deliver all the functionally you hope for.

Pros:

The ability to add new modules and options and create customized sections really makes it easy to organize the entire program to best suit your needs.

Cons:

Some of the customized sections and lists have limited mobility and usage when you try and analyze or work with the data you've entered. Some more options that allow further analysis of data (as in other zoho programs) would be nice.

Jean-Marie
Jean-Marie
IT Manager in Lebanon
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

zoho People

Comments: Less paper work , centralized all the leaves we have in the company . The workflow in the approvals is amazing .
As for the employees experience , no more back and forth emails asking how many days left they for vacation , the dashboard can help them track the remaining days and all the records of their previous leaves.

Pros:

The software has everything related to Leave types used in an organisation. Forms can be customized to our needs and even the creation of new forms is very easy and has helped our HR department save time /emails and paper work.

Cons:

The main issue we faced with this software is the API limitation that has a maximum of 200 record per request. But other than that its perfect.

Nivin
System Engineer in India
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

Helps to enable intra business communication for your business enterprise.

Pros:

Enables great collaboration and effective communication between employees. You can easily track the allocated tasks. The communication is quite quick thereby reducing the waiting time. It uses several channels like emails, chats, calls, and reminders, to get you connected with your team. you can check out the calendars and schedule events. The free version is rich in features, like you can add unlimited members and custom applications.

Cons:

The task management module could include more features. It is quite difficult to set up the application. The application does not allow easy navigation.

Coleen
Senior Director
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Decent product; Poor customer support

Pros:

Nice functionalities, such as intuitive leave calculation by employee start date, forms customization, and field-level permission. Having a mobile app is also very convenient.

Cons:

Having a chat functionality for customer support is a great idea and being able to leave offline messages for support to get back to is also good. However, in general, customer support is very bad: 1. Very slow response time. I was so disappointed after buying the product because after receiving an email to say that a training will be scheduled, no one initiated contact with me after that for almost a week. Even following up myself and even calling the hotline, it took many many days before I was contacted about it. 2. Poor English comprehension of the customer support, especially through verbal communication. A short conversation would have been possible if the original question was properly understood, to which the answer is "No such functionality." 3. Lack of familiarization with the product. Simple questions were not answered on the spot (thru chat) and a lot of verification needs to be done on whether or not a functionality exists. Even after much verification, I was told that it can be done and a call was scheduled to walk me through, but after another lengthy discussion turns out there's no such functionality.

Sahil
Sr. Technical Recruiter in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 201–500 Employees

Must have tool for IT companies.

Pros:

1. Leave Tracker. 2. Performance Management. 3. Attendance. 4. Customization according to company.

Cons:

As of now I never faced any issues using Zoho People but sometimes when you try to log in it will show you've logged in but after some time it will show you're not. It may be internet issues or other issues but in general, it's good.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51–200 Employees

Very good company tool for attendance of employees

Comments: Overall this is a great tool to have for our company in order to organize all of our time and schedule.

Pros:

I like that it has a lot of features and they are easy to use for tracking time and attendance.

Cons:

Not much that I don't like, Just there are so many same buttons that can actually be clicked accidentally and affect the time tracking.

K Lakshmi
Director - HR in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Better HRMS

Comments: Good and positive

Pros:

Zoho people allows you to maintain your employees database very efficiently. It allows to add or remove employees in a breeze. Onboarding of a new employees is vey easy. their support team is excellent, response is below 24 hours

Cons:

Best if combined with Zoho payroll. Some edits are difficult if you dont do it on time and miss the time. reaching support team over phone is difficult, they are best in response if you raise a ticket.