Filter by:

• Overall

About Mavenlink

Mavenlink is purpose-built technology for professional services with a resource-first architecture to field the best team, every time.

Learn more about Mavenlink

Matt C.
Project Manager in US

Project Management Office

4 4 months ago

Comments: The transparency Mavenlink has provided is very good for the project managers in my company. We are able to clearly see which resources are being utilized, over-utilized and allocate them properly. It also has made tracking hours and invoicing much easier with a relatively easy workflow.

Pros:

A large component of Mavenlink for Project Management surrounds resource allocation and time tracking. We have been able to transition utilizing the two features above relatively seamlessly.

Cons:

There is a very steep learning curve with this software. A lot of the workflows and insights are not necessarily user friendly or have a low barrier to entry. There will need to be a LOT of time dedicated by the end users (in my case the PM's) in order to get the system running correctly and accurately.

Trevor S.
Technical Director in US

Powerful tool that needs minor improvements to be a powerhouse

4 3 months ago

Pros:

Scheduling, capaccity, status tracking, project health tracking, budget, etc all in one place. Tons of data available and a pretty robust API to expand on the capability.

Cons:

It is slow and seems clunky at times. Viewing master planner is the biggest place I notice this.

Dayna W.
Busienss Develement Manager in US

Great tool

3 4 weeks ago New

Comments: We are able to forecast and utilize our team's time in one place that everyone has access to. It helps us to have a single place to find jobs, tasks, projects, and track our hours.

Pros:

Ability to track hours, tasks, and projects at a high-level view. I like how this tool helps our team on track and on the task in our virtual environment.

Cons:

Downtime, site errors, slow load times and site crashing

Thomas H.
Thomas H.
Managing Director in US
Internet, 11-50 Employees

So, yeah, you could call me an evangelist

5 5 years ago

Comments: We implemented Mavenlink specifically to disabuse our organization of several disparate systems we were using for tracking time, task-level project management, and reporting on specific measurements/metrics like utilization, margin and capacity saturation so that we could improve operational efficiencies. We've found that the tool is very flexible, has some great native reporting capabilities that become exceptional when coupled with the Business Insights add-on, it integrates well to SalesForce, it has given us a much better ability to manage projects for clients as well as internal product development projects, and it provides us with much better capabilities toward planning organizational growth and managing to margin at the business unit level down to the project level. While there are still some glitches/issues with the Gantt views, and there are still things we wish it did better, Mavenlink has proven itself to be an exceptionally valuable (and very cost-effective) management tool; the company is consistently providing updates that are meaningful and adding value with subsequent releases that clearly indicate a willingness to listen to the voice of the customer in new feature requests. Overall, I'm personally very impressed with the software, given my team's requirements and unique operational environment.

Pros:

Flexible, provides the ability to set up multiple templates for different types of projects, supports T&M and Fixed Fee contract types, integrates to SalesForce, provides multiple views toward project status, continually adding new features and capabilities

Cons:

Gantt charts are still in need of a lot of work and help. Still buggy, no user-defined view preferences can be saved.

Ben W.
Marketing Production Team Lead in

Achieve that 30,000 ft view!

5 5 years ago

Comments: I have been using Mavenlink as the primary account administrator for two different companies over the course of four years. The suite has proven to be an integral tool in my everyday professional life within the Marketing industry. It allows my teams to see only what they need to primarily be involved with for any particular day and clears away other clutter they may not be associated with. However, most importantly, it allows many different views when it comes to upcoming work capacity and profitability. This is the feature we were primarily after when signing up for Mavenlink. The instant-update gantt charts allow us to see both all of our current projects and each individual project. This, in addition to the robust resource management tools that are constantly being improved, as enabled our Production team to kick project input and scheduling into overdrive! Our Copy and Design teams love the real-time proofing module as well. The comparison tools are really slick.

Pros:

Depth of data analysis and business intelligence, gantt charts, deep task detail options, resource scheduling tools, built-in expense and budget tracking

Cons:

There is an intermediate learning curve and may come across as immediately complex to the uninitiated creative. However, 10-15 minutes of poking around and taking advantage of the learning tools and startup tutorials offered by Mavenlink's stellar customer service program will address this minor concern. Mavenlink is a fantastically powerful information source, and with that power comes some proper approach and learning. It's all intuitive, though!

Matthew C.
Director, Professional Services in Canada

Overall good with a few weak areas.

4 2 years ago

Comments: We were able to provide better forecasting and manage budgets against timelines. All time entry is much better managed in a central location. We can also easily track which resources are available or not.

Pros:

- Time Entry - Management of individual projects - Integrations w/ Jira - Forecasting/Planning - Happy to have approvals, but they could be more flexible. - Managing budgets against project timelines.

Cons:

- Invoicing - Reporting - Happy to have approvals, but they could be more flexible. - Granularity of permissions

Guy S.
Guy S.
Project Manager in Canada

Excellent User Interface

5 last year

Pros:

Project task management is a huge improvement over our legacy product. The user interface and the various task types have made this my go-to tool, no longer needing MS Project on the side to replicate our task tracking efforts. I like that Mavenlink has included issues into their task types, not just tasks and milestones. Best of all is the user interface to make changes in the GANTT view and for contributors to self-assign a task and log time to it. As a PM, I am spending far less time making in task management activities, instead able to monitor what others have permission to do on their own.

Cons:

Still waiting for the golden feature of copy/paste similar tasks to save me even more time.

Alternatives Considered: NetSuite OpenAir and Kimble

Switched From: NetSuite

Danielle P.
Consultant in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

A Robust Must-Try for Service-Based Orgs!

5 2 years ago

Comments: ML has helped my organization to clearly define accountability and responsibilities. Additionally, it allows for project profitability to be easily found without having to compile data from multiple sources.

Pros:

I believe that the best part of Mavenlink is that it's an all-in-one program. One could use this for the day-to-day management of their projects without having to use outside programs. It combines project management, resource management, budget management, estimating, time-tracking, reporting and so much more.

Cons:

I think the learning curve can be pretty steep. I attribute this lack of intuition to the robust nature of the service, but it could do with a revamp of the UI/UX. I also dislike the format of the resource management. There are currently two ways to manage resources: Master Planning and Resource Planner. The two work together but are also very separate features. The entire reource management system could use an overhaul to reduce confusion and to make resource changes easier.

Shane M.
Paid Search Executive in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees

Mavenlink Recomendation

4 2 years ago

Comments: - As a normal technical practitioner, it helps to collate my time against , multiple projects and documents entries at a day-by-day level.
-Planning for resource and to help manage expectations can be done in marveling as it provides a detailed analytics report with strong filter capabilities.

Pros:

- Mavenlink works fantastically in the background to give the whole organization a seamless front end view that allows for efficient project management, time tracking, managing client billing to technical teams receiving their tasks & tickets. - The functionality works well for all different roles in the business and provides a top-level view.

Cons:

- Around the end of the month when the majority of the organization is completing scheduling for the next calendar month, reaction time on the site tends to be lower than usual. It still works well but just the speed can be slowing down especially when you need to schedule time for multiple different projects and tasks.

Silvia B.
Project Management Lead in US
Design, 51-200 Employees

Reliable tool but not ideal for Finance Reporting

5 4 months ago

Comments: Easy to use, reliable in terms of saving data but this tool feels outdated due to the manual staff allocation process. Also the finance and staffing reporting doesnt work for me. Im not a fan of that.

Pros:

I like that my staffing projections are easy to access, view and share across digital teams.

Cons:

Forecasting hours by the week/month needs to be automated - this is too manual and time consuming at the time. Need to be able to drag and drop hours, or somehow more speedily be able to populate staff allocations. Also finance reporting / utilization reporting is incredibly difficult of not impossible due to my current access level. I have to rely on the finance and resourcing department for all reporting - this is not sustainable for project management.

Morgan C.
Morgan C.
Marketing Specialist in US

Efficient Project Management System

4 3 years ago

Comments: I love having Mavenlink as our project management system. It's much more efficient and user-friendly than the system we used before, and they seem to always be improving it which is good to know from the user point of view.

Pros:

The ability to keep up with each individual project, its tasks and subtasks and everything else involved, without worrying about it getting lost in our Google Drive or desktops. It's a good place to store information, communicate with coworkers, and stay up-to-date on the project's status.

Cons:

The recurring projects (which make up about 75% of our company) sometimes have trouble repeating correctly each month. The dates will be off and we have to go in and manually adjust a few things, which isn't a huge deal but it's an inconvenience that we'd prefer to avoid.

Hans K.
Resourcing Coordinator in US
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Flexible platform, engaged support team, always getting better.

4 last year

Comments: The client success and technical support teams have been exemplary to work with. They truly work to understand your use case for the product and offer solutions, and even involve us in conversations with the product teams to share our perspective on new feature sets.

Pros:

It's clear that the platform is designed to fit many different styles of work, and much of it is highly configurable to your preferences. With the integrated APIs to Salesforce and Active Directory, among others, it's worked well to seamlessly stay in sync with the rest of our systems.

Cons:

The Insights reporting platform is very powerful, but complex to learn how to implement custom configurations. You'll do well here if you have experience querying relational databases like SQL, but otherwise you will depend heavily on assistance from the support team and documentation to make adjustments to the custom reports.

Phylicia B.
Project Manager in
Research, 11-50 Employees

Mavenlink is very good.

4 5 years ago

Comments: The only things I would need Mavenlink to add is as follows:
-Have some sort of instant messaging service between members on a project.
-Allow us to private more than one person when sending messages using m.mavenlink.com.
-Have a real app that we can download from PlayStore/ Windows App Store or any other app store so we can use the full functionality of Mavenlink through the app
-Also in the future, we could have some sort of video conferencing ability for persons on a project to have virtual meetings. That would be a dream!

Pros:

It allows my colleagues in different countries to be kept up to date on different aspects of the various projects.

Cons:

No instant messaging. App needs to available on Windows store/Playstore/other popular app stores so we can use Mavenlink on our smartphones.

Partner in US

OK for the basics, advanced functionality is either missing or not well implemented

3 last year

Comments: Implementation was not very well executed. We basically had to figure it out on our own. THe "integrations" through thier integration tool are very poorly built and the tool is terrible. It gets the basics right but more advanced features like the Insights reporting add on are poorly executed.

Pros:

Ease of use, Reporting, Project Financials

Cons:

M Bridge integration platform is a complete failure. Its terrible. Training during implementation was not good. We've learned more on our own in a few classes. Time entry is weak and poorly designed. Lacks subprojects. User permissions are all or nothing in most cases.

Alternatives Considered: Asana, monday.com, Wrike and Hive

Reasons for Choosing Mavenlink: Workfront was too dificult to use, our clients could not or would not engage with us using it. THe functionality was there, but the interface was very poor.

Switched From: Adobe Workfront

Reasons for Switching to Mavenlink: Simple workflows, reporting and ease of use.

Kasim A.
US
Marketing & Advertising
Used the Software for: Not provided

Our entire business is built around Mavenlink

5 7 years ago

Pros:

Mavenlink strikes the perfect balance between robustness and ease of use. Project management is absolutely essential to our business so it's important that we're given the tools necessary to effectively manage projects. However, vast tool sets typically come tethered with the disadvantage of cumbersome and/or difficult functionality. Mavenlink has navigated this issue masterfully and provides a tool that is powerful and yet intuitive and easy to use. I'm also very impressed with their constant push for improvement. We have been using Mavenlink for a year and a half and have found that they are constantly pushing out new updates, upgrades, features, etc. They take user recommendations and requests seriously and strive to make their product better on an ongoing basis, which is not an easy task when your product is pretty solid to begin with.

Cons:

I would love to see recurring project management integrated with the tool, both from an invoicing standpoint and a task management standpoint. I believe this is on the horizon but hasn't rolled out yet.

William B.
Software Developer in US

Good time tracking software

4 4 months ago

Comments: First time using time-tracking software. Time tracking is easy enough. I haven't used much of the management features to give a review of that. It seems fine, but a little rougher in some spots for us.

Pros:

I like that it's online and accessible anywhere. Also like that the timer remembers where you are at even when the browser/computer is restarted.

Cons:

I think it would be better or nice to have a different method of time tracking where the start time is an actual time of the day and then you (and managers) can what you did at what time specifically instead of just knowing "I spent 4 hours doing X sometime today, but don't know when". The timer can be a bit cumbersome. Whenever you're finished, you have to manually search for the project/task to attach to. Would be better if it kept last task selected. Also, submitting time doesn't update the timesheet if you're on it and requires a refresh. I usually keep the timesheet open and just add the time to the existing project on the sheet, then clear the timer as that's the most straightforward and smoothest experience. The API should be easier. Is the only way to get an API key through your manager? Users can't access their own accounts on their own?

Zaida W.
Program Manager in US
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great product - highly recommended

5 2 years ago

Comments: I've been using Mavenlink for over 2 years now and I've loved it from the beginning. Compared to other systems I've used, Mavenlink has been the easiest to use both as a PM as well as a contributor.

Pros:

- The UI is fantastic and very intuitive - Collaborating at the project level has been helpful and productive - Having all key project information in one place is a huge plus - Timesheet management is so much more easier - Invoicing is easy now! - Assigning tasks and being able to see what's assigned to you is effective and efficient

Cons:

The only Con I can think of is the inability to have the status of a project or the task drive accessibility. In other words, if a task is marked as complete (status), then resources wouldn't see it in their timesheet. The workaround of just removing the resources once a task or project is complete is a bit time consuming.

Michael G.
Solution Consultant in US

Mavenlink review

5 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Billable & Non-Billable Hours: The ability to quickly tab through the hours field is great, along with ability to prepare future timesheets without submitting them. Expense Tracking: Submitting expense reports is fairly quick, once expenses themselves are created.

Cons:

Billable & Non-Billable Hours: Would like to be able to bypass entering Location as needed. It is not always needed for time tracking, but it is globally-required by the system. Expense Tracking: The ability to copy like expenses would be a great added feature. Expense details and amounts are almost always the same for recurring monthly employee reimbursements, and so being able to just copy those and attach the new receipts would be really helpful.

Julianna W.
Senior Designer in US
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Architecture Tim Tracking

5 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love how time tracking on projects is easily implemented. I also love how I can look at time spent on projects per individual and phase easily.

Cons:

For our company and discipline, it is desired to see the percentage of time used on a particular phase. We used to have this feature in Archi-Office. Every time slip let us know of the percentage left in the project in order for us to receive a heads up when we are nearing 100% of our fee.

Chanpreet K.
Researcher in Canada
Biotechnology, 2-10 Employees

Every day getting Better

5 last year

Comments: Overall, a collaborative tool perfect for task management.

Pros:

Easy to set up, perfect for our unique work requirements. Its custom reporting made our lives easier.

Cons:

Sometimes its slow, otherwise perfect for our needs.

Micquella A.
Micquella A.
Senior Web Project Manager in

Great product, great team!

5 5 years ago

Comments: My company of ~150 reached its tipping point with project managers keeping .mpp projects plans in a file system. Our Traffic Manager was managing resourcing in another separate .mpp, so we had a very difficult time with capacity planning and could not interact well with our data. Mavenlink has hugely improved this with its reporting, resource management, project planning, and time tracking all in one system. We are very pleased with our implementation of this!

Pros:

- Ability to compare scheduled hours to actual hours - Robust reporting, both custom and out of the box options - Interactive Gantt - Easy to link conversation to project tasks - Flexible project templates for team re-use - Custom fields - Amazingly supportive Mavenlink team!!

Cons:

While these are my biggest cons, I also know there's improvements on the way: - Building a project plan takes a little getting used to if you're a diehard Microsoft Project person. - Timer doesn't allow you to switch between tasks very easily. - Can't easily export project plan or Gantt in a nice view.

Caroline S.
Director of Digital Experience in US

We're Making it Work

3 last year

Pros:

I love that it has given our agency a central place to track all projects/tasks as well as time/budgtes.

Cons:

You have to constantlty seek out information that pertains to you. Email is outdated in the digital world so this being the primary means of notification is not helpful for us. Things like push notifications and in application notifications are a simple feature that would be massively helpful fo the user. Also, the mobile version of this project is basically unuseable, it seems like as a whole this software is very slow to update and integrate new features that are requested by its users.

Colson S.
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising

Great team collaboration and project management

5 5 years ago

Pros:

The solution is clearly valuable. It increases our team efficiency, improves quality of time tracking, and makes data for decision making by managers more organized and accessible.

Cons:

One of their greatest strengths can also be a weakness. They continually roll out meaningful upgrades. My experience is they are well tested, but sometimes the changes require people to adapt to a new way of accessing the same information. You need to be willing to adapt with it. You could not write a manual on how to use mavenlink and think it will stay up to date.

Samantha P.
Junior Designer in US
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

Mavenlink is a good software service for time entry and management

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Integrates with Google Chrome via an add-on that lets you enter time directly to a project from a side window without having to go directly to Mavenlink's website. It also simplifies the time entry process by creating weekly time cards so you can view all of your projects for that time period. Their customer support quickly responds to support tickets and queries.

Cons:

The project management component feels...unfinished. It just feels slapped together, but very dated.

Anna T.
Anna T.
Human Resources Recruiter in US
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Fundamental product with uncountable interesting features

4 2 years ago

Comments: Mavelink is best of all product in the world of project management applications and software because its features and functionalities are truly the best and also its ability to handle projects is amazing.

Pros:

There are few features that are my most favorite and also provides me support is its advanced searching features with its effective search bar that helps me to find each and every document from my system and even the content present between them can also be find through this platform. It also enables me to track time that helps further in achieving goals and certain aims in an efficient way that increases the productivity of work as well.

Cons:

This particular product has no big issues only it lacks a good customer support system that can respond accordingly. Moreover, it is a best product in order to perform various integrated functions at one single place.