• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.6 /5

About GiftLogic

GiftLogic is a non-cloud point-of-sale and retail management platform for brick and mortar retailers. Starting at just $1295.

Learn more about GiftLogic

Showing 25 reviews of 38

Rebecca S.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Love this software!"

Comments: Gift Logic is great. I love the ease of the program. My favorite part is the ability to add picture to the product! See what is being rung up- assuring the purchase is correct. (In the past we have had some customers switch tags to a less expensive item for ring out)
The customer service is fantastic! They have helped me every step of the way. Tony, "BTE" (Best Tony Ever" is great. Along with Jeff and Justin- these guys are so quick and helpful and are there when I call!!!

Pros: Pictures!
PO system
Reports
The QB integration
Inexpensive
Credit card integration.
Speed

Cons: Wish it would take inventory to a negative number.
Find customers regardless of capitalization.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2016
Cindy H.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"GiftLogic"

Comments: From the first phone call regarding the product to the last call we had with GiftLogic support, they have been a great company to deal with. The software was to replace a previous POS software that wasn't doing what we needed. GiftLogic has the inventory control, customer contact & rewards info & accounting reports that we need as a young, small business without having the huge cash outlay. They are quick to respond to any inquiry or support question. Their support people are easy to talk to & very helpful & don't talk 'tech talk' when helping.

Pros: Most of the sales calls & support calls have been with the same 3 or 4 people so they are aware of our previous calls. It is very nice to talk to the same people & every one of them has been great!

• Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Theodore R.
Accountant
Museums & Institutions
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2016

"So far it has met expectations."

Pros: I like the ease of use of the product and the way it links to the on-line store software.

Cons: There is so much in the product that we do not use, it is hard to find and remember things we do need.

Alexis D.
Marketing Director
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2017

"Fantastic Impression"

Comments: We recommend retailers to GiftLogic and we want to thank Brian for being such a fantastic help.
Aside from our need for something larger, the software seemed to have everything we wanted other than some more in depth features when it came to inventory control and reports.

Pros: Everything about this software was appealing from the customer service to the functionality. We only gave it 4 stars because we did not end up purchasing it due to the need for something larger, but we were very pleased with everything we saw.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Lisa B.
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2016

"Barchester Bookshelf LOVES GiftLogic!"

Comments: I started a part-time used book business in January 2016, and I chose GiftLogic to keep everything organized. This full-service software excels at inventory, reports, customer service, even eCommerce. And the staff at GiftLogic is remarkable! They are located in the U.S. (!!!), they are cheerful, they are knowledgeable, and they are wonderfully helpful. When a software update created a mini-panic-attack while I was at a book convention in May, I simply called GiftLogic, and they walked me through the simple steps to get this newbie up and running again. I highly recommend GiftLogic for all your point of sale needs!

Pros: As a used book seller, I especially love the ability to create my own barcodes! It's fast, easy, and fun. The inventory reports are also very helpful to me.

Cons: I truly cannot think of any. I have been working with GiftLogic for the better part of the year, and I have never been sorry that I chose them.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2016
Cat K.
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2017

"These guys are GREAT!"

Comments: We like the software just fine, but what we REALLY love is the tech support team who went above and beyond to develop a work-around when our back-up service dropped the ball and left us hanging without a net when our server crashed. These guys were able to recover all of our inventory for us and saved our backsides -- even though the problem was entirely on our end and technically not their responsibility. We are definitely fans for life!

• Reviewed on 05/04/2017
Jenelle K.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2017

"GiftLogic Review"

Comments: I have been very happy with GiftLogic. Their software is very easy to use.

Cons: The only con is that the tech support is expensive.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2017
Jennie G.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2017

"Great company"

Comments: The only problem with this product is it's set up for a food or clothing store. So I have to list the genres of books under flavor.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2017
Twyla J.
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2015

"Good product, but users need training."

Pros: Ease of telephone support. I also like the tremendous amount of reports available.

Cons: Some errors we make are not very easily corrected. I always have to call in and ask someone at GL to fix for me.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2015
Julia D.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2020

"More positive than negative."

Comments: Overall, I think the product could be fantastic. What keeps it from that is the amount of time trying to get answers to what should and could be simple steps by providing a training guide or manual with the product. In order to train 58 gift shop volunteers in using the software I am now going to need to create training material and reference sheets for them to use in the store.

Pros: The product is generally easy to use. The sales staff was professional. The ability to track inventory was a priority for us and it does a very nice job of tracking inventory. As I try different reports I am finding many of the reports are very good and usable. With practice and hands on use data entry has become very easy. This product has many features that assist the store clerk (quick keys). After establishing a regular connection with one of the tech people he has been patient, kind and VERY helpful in navigating the program.

Cons: Some of the Tech support are very knowledgeable, some are not quite as good at helping via phone. All of our tech support is via phone as on site help is not available. The largest problem is that is no written manual or reference guide of any kind is available. There are some videos on line that are supposed to be available but I have not found any that work. This causes the user to call and try to work out any problems with whatever tech they are able to get ahold of (which is not always easy). With 58 volunteers using the register this is not a viable option. A reference manual or "cheat sheets" with common situations would make all the difference in the world. Sadly, if you want them you have to write them yourself. We have now learned that to continue to have the ability to call for support we will have to pay a high dollar annual fee. Because of this we may abandon the program and go with another that will offer more training material and no annual fees for support.

• Reviewed on 02/12/2020
Angela V.
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2015

"Excellent customer service and tech support"

Pros: The system has a user-friendly interface that I love, and the classes GiftLogic offer are even better. I used the training mode a lot while I was between classes to play and learn without making any changes to my inventory, and I am using it with all my employees as well.

Cons: I can honestly say there is only one thing I wish I could change about the program. I wish the inventory sub sections were more customizable instead of the set size, color, etc. For a bookstore, size and color really mean nothing, but Author and Publisher do.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2015
Penny B.
Office help
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2018

"Does more then I will ever need"

Pros: This system is extremely versatile. Runs many different reports. They have a lot of features many of which I have never used.

Cons: Their integration options are very expensive. Yes they go on sale sometimes but still pricey depending on how many you would need.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2018
Jenica B.
Esthetician
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2016

"GiftLogic"

Comments: The Sales team was fantastic to deal with. After purchasing the software I have received the best of help from their support team. The only issue I have is the fact that the company does not have a line for Canadians. Living in Canada it can get expensive to call them, however I can also interact with their team through email and if the issues continue they will call me. All in all it is great software and I have much more to learn but that will all come with time.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2016
Allen S.
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2015

"Excellent experience with GiftLogic"

Pros: Vendor has been very helpful and upfront with information. When I ran into unclear concepts.

Cons: I'm new to the product and am just becoming familiar with it. Issues I've run into so far have been my own lack of familiarity with this specific type of SW.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2015
Phil S.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2016

"Simple to use and train, but robust."

Pros: Always help available but seldom needed support. I had a special need for a tag printer , they went the extra mile to get it running properly.

Cons: I would like to simplify tag printing, maybe a pop up ? Everything else is great for me.

Penny B.
Office help
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2016

"GiftLogic"

Comments: Gift logic was very helpful initially setting up the software itself and with any issues I was having after. I am not the most techno-savy person and they were very patient in their dealings with me. As for the software itself it has an endless amount of functions which I don't need all of them, however this program could work perfectly for numerous different type of business. Its very versatile and allows you to do almost anything you can think of. Great software and great support team makes an excellent product!

• Reviewed on 20/10/2016
Cynthia W.
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2015

"It is an intuitive program. Easy to follow"

Pros: The support team I can call and walk me through anything on the program.

Cons: The hand held UPC bar code reader. The batteries die and it doesn't allow me to check in product.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2015
Dan F.
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2017

"The price is right"

Comments: I have not been able to use it because I've had to purchase another pc, because the first one I bought was not compatible. .

Pros: It seems like it should be fairly user friendly, however i can't tell for sure. We will see after my new pc shows up.

Cons: You have to buy the hardware to match up exactly as required. I have an i5 processor that runs very fast with my pc. However it will not run this software. You have to buy the hardware exactly as required.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2017
Marcia D.
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2016

"Waste of money and time"

Comments: Sales rep. lied about the ability of software to track sizes and colors of clothing within a style. They force you to pay annually for support that should come with the software. Not at all user-friendly or intuitive. They are only interested in making the sale. Not sure what kind of business could use this. I see a few good reviews from a tire shop and a church. Clothing stores are NOT able to use this software.

Pros: Nothing

• Reviewed on 26/12/2016
Patricia B.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2017

"Challenging"

Pros: I am happy to be able to use a POS system that was within budget for my company. The support system is awesome.

Cons: To many departments and that made It confusing for me. It would be nice if it could be modified for my type of business.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2017
Jessica Z.
office manager
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2016

"Fast and Easy"

Comments: Easy to use all the functions you need , as well as a monthly report!

• Reviewed on 05/12/2016
Chuck L.
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2016

"We purchased GiftLogic over 2 years ago and we still love it."

Comments: Easy to use. The part time cashiers learn it very fast. It is stable, there never seems to be any issues with GiftLogic, it just always works. Whenever I have a question about how to do something, the support staff is always friendly and always available.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2016
Charlene H.
Building Materials
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2016

"GiftLogic for hardware store"

Pros: Software is easy to use. Great Technical support team. Price is just right.

Cons: so far I haven't found anything that I don't like about the product or vendor.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2016
Pam H.
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2015

"Gift Logic - just my cup of Tea!"

Pros: When I began the process to open my new store, Tea World, I found a space to lease and next I chose the POS software, Gift Logic. I wanted to get off to a good start and knew if I waited until after I was open I would always be playing catch up. Gift Logic made the evaluation process very easy. I looked at some other companies and they were very impressive, but Gift Logic stood out of the crowd for me. It is definitely user-friendly, but if I have a problem I know help is just a phone call away. The staff is always helpful and pleasant to deal with and most important patient with me. One of the things that I like about Gift Logic and the people I deal with is that they are so up front. I had no unpleasant surprises. Everything was just as it was described. Gift Logic has helped me every step of the way and even worked with me to tweak the system for my own needs.

Cons: I have nothing at all negative to say about the vendor. They're always professional. What I like least was the data entry, but that is something that just has to be done for the system to work. Had I already had a better inventory system in place, I'm sure it would have been easier.

• Reviewed on 06/01/2015
Andre L.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2017

"Strong learning curve"

Comments: Could be one of the best POS out there if they be willing to fix a good 10-20% of there things.
1st would be the purchase order
2nd the speed of how to do things.

Pros: The inventory system by excel format is great. (exporting feature is great)
Making new items is well done.
Sales are mostly easy to do.(Once you have its set up the right way)
Their search is pretty good (You can search for a specific word but you always have to add *before, this should be automatic if searching for specific word)
I must say the reports are great. (my last one stink, so this is much better) Can see sales per hour days etc.
Customer support is A1.

Cons: Ordering from the purchase order is terrible. They really need to work on this. One thing you can't add a product when doing a purchase order. So you need to make sure every item is made before hand. The suggesting amounts get put in the order automatic you should add them yourself.
You can have different things open at the same time, if I'm doing a purchase order I should be able to add a product or print a tag without having to leave that section. (Windows is about multitasking)
Things are too long to do with many steps for no good reason.
The worst thing right now is I still can't link my inventory with website. (There always problems with their software or bigcommerce)

• Reviewed on 24/05/2017