• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.7 /5

About Alloy Navigator

Alloy Navigator is a real-world solution beautifully designed for real-world customers, built by real-world IT people just like you.

Learn more about Alloy Navigator

Eric O.
IT Support Specialist
1,001-5,000 Employees

"Alloy does the job"

Comments: The majority of our IT department lives inside Alloy. It is simple to use for the average technician and the user portal is good as well. The integration of software allocation and databases of all hardware on our network is a must.

Pros: - Alloy user portal and technician portals are easy to use
- Runs quickly and smoothly
- Easy to import users from AD
- Email integration for alerts on new tickets and updates on existing tickets
- Training that Alloy offers is well thought out and contains tons of information.

Cons: - Customer Support can take 1-3 days to get back to you
- The backend of Alloy is very confusing. Trying to change simple things can be extremely difficult since there is no search functionality and no documentation online.
- If you want custom features added it is going to cost a decent chunk of money.

by Alloy Software on 06/08/2018

Thanks for providing a review! We're happy you enjoy using our solution!

I apologize for the experience you had with Support. However, I'm positive it was an isolated situation. A review of your company's 138 tickets since 2015 shows an average response of 2hrs 19mins with average resolution under 24 hours. Given that I expect your next experience will be a positive one.

For online documentation, I would strongly advise the use of our Support Portal. Our product help and admin guides are all online along with our searchable Knowledge base.

The admin part of the product does have a learning curve, but you'll find the ratio of flexibility to ease of use to be unmatched. Other products provide a fraction of the power or they require programming knowledge to leverage the same results. Use the search workflow feature to find what you're looking for or press F1 anywhere for contextual online help.

Please reach out to us if you need anything and thank you for using our solution!

Craig P.
Director Of Information Technology
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"A flexible product for any IT Department"

Comments: Asset tracking, ticket management, knowledge base articles and full asset library reservation system.

Pros: The straight forward approach for an all encompassing program is why we chose this product 13 years ago. We can accomplish our daily ticketing system, maintain a company equipment reservation program and inventory all company assets in one out of the box program. On top of that, the support team is always available to help and always responds in a timely manner to any question or request.

Cons: The programming logic can be a bit confusing at times on the back end. There are lots of logic statements, actions, etc. that can be buried in a specific place that are not always easy to find.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Marshall M.
Manager of Network Operations
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"Great Support and Inventory Management Software"

Comments: Alloy keeps our technology department on task, and gives our company's users an easy way to ask for help in solving their issues. The software is near limitless in what you can do with it thanks to the scripting and automation it provides. The automation also helps us manage our inventory, by keeping up with computers and hardware in stock, on loan, etc. We send emails to users to remind them to return hardware they've borrowed, and we've created a process that will create a ticket if our stock of hardware or computers starts getting low. Monthly tasks such as access reviews and computer updates are tracked using tickets that are automatically created. This software is highly customizable, provided you've got the knowledge and imagination to write the scripts and workflow.

Pros: Our favorite part about the Alloy software is the scripting and automation it provides. You can have it create tickets or work orders automatically when certain conditions are met, such as a ticket to order more computers when stock is running low.

Cons: The scripting is a bit hard to understand if you don't come from a SQL background. However, Alloy's support team is excellent and has been able to help with every issue we've given them.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Daniel Y.
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019

"Alloy Navigator Experience"

Pros: What I like most about Alloy Navigator is the Library tree, we implemented this tool with our company laptops giving us the ability to track and list who we "loan" the laptop out to. We can also track when we push software updates on our machines. Knowledge base tree is another pro in my opinion, whenever im stuck with an issue I do a quick search in Knowledge base to see if any previous employees have come across the same problem before. This really helps me cut down on troubleshooting time and points me to the right direction on how to solve the problem.

Cons: So far my only Con I have with Allow Navigator is the ticketing system, I feel like users who have issues with something should have the ability to create a ticket from there end. We currently use a system where every call we get we have to input a ticket ourselves in full detail, its not horrible by any means but there is an inconvenient factor to it.

by Alloy Software on 08/02/2019

Thank you for your review!

Our Self-Service Portal allows users full control over entering tickets with whatever information you'd want them to!

You have complete control over their submission forms just as you do for the technician side, there's a Service Catalog, ability to check-out shared equipment, handle approvals and you can even make knowledge base articles public for the customers so instead of you finding the solution, your customers can do it themselves without having to submit a ticket!

Of course if you'd like, you can have end users submit tickets via our e-mail too! Just setup the Mail Connector and you're good to go!

Contact our services team if you have any questions!

• Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Ron O.
Director of Information Technology
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"Great product at a great price!"

Comments: We were looking for a solution to enhance our change management system. Alloy had all the components we were looking for and very happy with the product. In addition, we will also be upgrading our Helpdesk system and Asset management system using Alloy.

Pros: Alloy Navigator is the complete solution to manage IT services and assist in providing controls for changes in the technology environment. It was easy to install and the self service portal was easy to navigate. The best part of it was cost. We looked at several other products ranging from cost to functionality to find Alloy provided more for less!

Cons: Admin settings can be confusing but is organized well enough to navigate.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Scott H.
Network Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2018

"We've used the network inventory and it works great and the support has been top notch."

Comments: We've used the network inventory to scan all PCs weekly and it lets me know if there are any changes going on with our hardware. We keep track of all of our maintenance history so we know the history of all of our hardware. We've done some software monitoring so we know what versions of software are being used.

Pros: I like the network inventory. It lets me know what is going on with our PC's and if anything is changing. I use ANX to input all of our service done on PCs so it's easy to find out the history of a PC

Cons: It takes a little time to get used to how to make modifications but the support has been great and will be looking into some training to be able to use more affectively.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2018
End User Support Manager
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Mostly positive, with exceptions"

Pros: I really like the variety of modules, and the tech support available to help out. I also like the ease of use for my technicians.

Cons: How much back end maintenance I have to be involved in. I would prefer a solution that is able to smartly manage itself out of the box OR more accurately describe what errors are causing an issue.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Mike F.
Systems Engineer
Legal Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2019

"Excellent inventory and ticketing features"

Comments: We are having success consolidating information for tickets, assets and knowledge. Keeping all of these in a single place has helped us.

Pros: I like that we are all on board with Alloy for ticketing and inventory. Solution adoption can be a struggle for some teams. We collaborate and share ideas and then implement our own best practices for ticketing and inventory. We are building on this into the knowledge feature also.

Cons: Thus far I do not see a con. We need to dedicate more time toward any automation we can build into the product.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Laura M.
Manager, Information Technology
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"Alloy"

Pros: The asset tracking of our hardware, the location and owner

Cons: Configuring to pull from Active Directory and such is not intuitive

• Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Jeff W.
IT Director
Printing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2018

"If keeping track of everything is what you want, this product is for you! And I mean everything!"

Comments: Alloy keeps track of a ll of our inventory, software changes, support incidents, knowledge base, etc. The information in Alloy puts all the necessary information in one place to manage our IT environment easily and efficiently.

Pros: Alloy can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be based on how you set it up. The flexibility and depth are what I love most about it. You can really keep track of everything in your IT environment and you can customize it to fit your specific needs. Other products make you use their preconfigured categories and workflows, etc. While Alloy comes preconfigured with almost everything you need, you can add or remove just about anything you want and build your own workflows to automate the system.

Cons: I find that the more flexible a product is, the more cumbersome it can be. Since Alloy is extremely flexible, the set up can be a little complicated. However, they have a great support team to help you when you need it.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2018
Angela L.
Program Application Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2021

"Alloy for Service Requests and Change Requests"

Comments: I really like what I've used so far. It's a part of my daily work, and it makes everything fairly simple. I'd like to explore more of the available features within the application, and I'm really excited to see what else we can do!

Pros: Please keep in mind that I do not use all of the available features of this system. But I really like the features that I'm currently using. I spend nearly all of my time with tickets and Change Requests. Both features are easy to use, and help me track my work effectively. I love how easy it is to escalate tickets and CR's, create work orders, and communicate with my requestors directly within the tickets. My administrator has also created some very helpful reports and dashboards so I can track the work that my employees complete, and provide visibility to our Executive Leadership. We've even created an entire process surrounding our Change Advisory Board that streamlines the approval process for projects. It's wonderful.

Cons: It might just be me, but I find both the Activity and History tabs to be confusing / overwhelming at times. I wish there was a better way to quickly see what's happened with the ticket over time.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2021
Vitaliy E.
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"Has good potential"

Comments: My overall experience is good. I went head on into a huge mess that was not very well maintained. When the inventory, locations, and customers are up to date, then its much easier to manage.

Pros: What I liked most about this software is how it can be integrated to sync with Active Directory which allows us to keep the inventory, locations, and customer tabs updated. The more automation, the better.

Cons: The gui is kind of outdated and could be simplified, but that's speaking from being on an older version of Alloy Navigator. There is not enough sync customization that can be manipulated or adjusted for AD sync.

by Alloy Software on 08/02/2019

Thanks for taking the time to review our product!

Absolutely get yourself on the latest version and take a look at the Technician Web Portal. It's really sleek and easy to use. If you use the Windows client, you'll love the Web Portal no doubt!

Regarding the Active Directory sync, please give our services team a call. I say that because the sync is super flexible, allows you to map any AD field anywhere you want, update records on conditions, import pictures, set managers for automatic permissions and approvals, and its paired with the workflow which is second to none. Maybe there's something you're missing we can help you with.

We'd love to help you get the most out of the product and if there is a limitation anywhere, we'll do our best to address it!

Thanks for being part of the Alloy Software family!

• Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Mike A.
Helpdesk Technician
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"My Honest Review of Alloy Navigator"

Pros: The best thing about Alloy Navigator is the customization. If there is something you want this software to do, it can probably do it.

Cons: What I care for least about Alloy Navigator are the UI and UX. There are so many menus that are buried within multiple layers of menus.

by Alloy Software on 08/02/2019

Thanks so much for your review and for your company's loyalty of 14 years!

I highly recommend you give the Technician's Web Portal a look. It's interface is really slick and will absolutely feel new and streamlined over the Windows client.

If you have any questions about it, drop our services team a call!

• Reviewed on 10/09/2018
Business Applications Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2018

"We use Navigator for help desk ticket and asset management and have found it quite useful."

Pros: From a help desk perspective, we appreciate being able to see trends in issues our users are experiencing as well as where the issues are coming from. It's quite easy to configure when linked to our AD and other global settings can be updated for multiple users en masse. I appreciate the flexibility in being able to create views of tickets that work for me, as do the other techs who respond to tickets.

Cons: Configuring reports and views is not the most user friendly but they've just released Navigator 8 which I believe makes this easier. No real complaints other than wish there were a Mac version as well.

by Alloy Software on 14/06/2018

Thank you for your kind words! Just a quick note, if you need to use Alloy Navigator on a Mac, I recommend using the Tech Web Portal. This gives you full access to everything you need on any platform whether it be Windows, Mac, Linux or otherwise. In regards to report development, drop our Technical Support team a note and they'll point you towards some great tutorials. As we use the standards - Microsoft Report Builder and Crystal Reports - there are lots of solid resources available on the net to choose from. Thanks again for the review and for being our customer!

• Reviewed on 12/06/2018
Mary A.
Supervisor of Corp IT Systems
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

"Alloy Navigator"

Comments: Alloy Navigator has eliminated about 4 different spreadsheets that I used to use to track information. I now do this from one console and have set up reporting to assist with the management and tracking of that information.

Pros: It was super easy to get started and setup generally functionality. I have been able to quit using spreadsheets to track information and was able to import most of my spreadsheets directly into Alloy. I now tracks my Contract renewals for both hardware and software. I am tracking my software licensing and allocations. The library is very useful for us to track equipment that we have checked out to our end users and/or contracted trainers. We also have a scheduled inventory that continues to update with our latest information for all computers in our domain.

Cons: The admin section is a little cumbersome to maneuver, but has a lot of options there.

Wayne D.
Technical Support
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"Alloy Navigator, a very useful program"

Comments: I use Alloy Navigator every day to support the users in our company. It brings vital information about user's systems quickly to the screen, allowing an easy way to maintain inventory and connection information. Because it is an all-inclusive program for tracking hardware, software, work tickets, purchasing and user information, the setup is a bit complicated, but we couldn't maintain our IT department without it.

Pros: Brings useful information quickly to your screen

Cons: Setup is a bit complicated, but only because the software is so robust.

Joseph J.
IT Support Supervisor
Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2018

"Alloy Navigator"

Pros: The software is very easy to user and the staff is very helpful!

Cons: There needs to be more reporting tool and user control of reports.

by Alloy Software on 08/02/2019

Thank you so much for your review!

Drop us a line and let us know what you'd like to see in way of reporting tools.

Our reports are created with Microsoft Report Builder. Microsoft provides a free editor and its become quite popular so tutorials are easy to find. If you are familiar with Crystal Reports you can use that as well!

We'd love to hear about your specific needs so please don't hesitate to drop us a line!

• Reviewed on 08/10/2018
Joanne S.
Network Technician
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"Great product, everything is linked for ease of access."

Comments: Easy access to know what inventory we have and where it is located. We can easily find out how old someone's computer is just by checking into Alloy Navigator.

Pros: I really like being able to click on a location and be able to drill down thru the user to the inventory item and PO.

Cons: It would be nice to have some mini webinars for training on each area that we could watch when we needed a little explanation of how to use a certain part of the program.

Stephen M.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Since implementing 8 years ago, has been instrumental in our growth and support of our Clients"

Comments: Customer support tracking, Purchasing, Client Portal

Pros: The ease of use, ability to customize the software to our needs and the fantastic support we receive
no matter what the request, could not run our Business without Alloy and the support we receive with the Product.

Cons: if there was to be a con only one to be would be the ability to send a PDF PO without needing to save 1st and attach for sending

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Sean C.
Associate Information Systems Analyst
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"A fantastic alternative to Autotask"

Comments: Asset tracking and ticket metrics

Pros: Allows full IT management from asset inventory to helpdesk metrics. Allows full financial tracking, tickets, and asset discovery.

Cons: It can be cumbersome to learn in an SMB environment with small teams and no compartmentalization. If you have no teams at all, individuals can be overwhelmed as their are many features to this application.

Leah D.
Enterprise Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2018

"We have been using Alloy for over 13 years and have no plans to change"

Pros: We have over 50 people on staff, it really helps us keep our business running smoothly. What we like most about the software is how customizable it is.

Cons: The out-of-the-box reporting could be more robust, but we are able to write our own reports so it's not an issue.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2018
Eric L.
IT Administrator
Industrial Automation, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"Alloy Navigator"

Comments: Asset tracking, good customization possibilities and Alloy seem willing to help and adapt.

Pros: We already used Network Inventory and expanding to Alloy's own help desk was a natural step.
Alloy Navigator has many features for a low cost and we are slowly moving forward and using more and more. Good customization options and if we can't fix it ourselves, Alloy can make it.

Cons: It's a lot to learn and trying to figure out a good workflow with the tools in hand.
The help section can be a bit vague on details.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Joshua M.
PC Technician
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"I use the software on a day to day basis for incidents from our users and inventory tracking."

Pros: I really like being able to track incidents, attach notes and files to the incidents. It is also very handy for keeping track of purchase orders.

Cons: There are a whole bunch of duplicate areas for things. The configuration of an item is under the Computer item, but the Finance is under the Asset side. Just gets confusing with the multiple elements.

Graham H.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2012

"Asset tracking"

Comments: I recommend this product to all my suppliers and clients and feel this is well suited to many companies no matter how large or small.

Pros: I have used this product over many years and enjoy the ease of use and implementation. In the rare event of any issues the support team are excellent and solutions are found very quickly. I am currently an owner of an IT Solutions Company and this application has made our support and asset tracking a breeze and not stressful at all.
This is a fantastic suite at an affordable price for all budgets and requirements.

Cons: After using this product from Enterprise to Express versions have never found any cons and fits into all the business models I have been involved in.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2012
Christopher B.
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"All in One Ticketing Software"

Pros: The amount of information you can add to a ticket. I like that I can log the work and paste HTML email threads in a ticket. Also managing all of the computer in the ticketing software is a nice feature.

Cons: The software looked a bit outdated before we upgraded to Version: 8.3.1 Build: 7647

• Reviewed on 09/10/2019