Mindflash Online Training Reviews

by Mindflash Technologies

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.5 /5

About Mindflash Online Training

Learn how leading mid size companies easily train their remote teams from anywhere in the world with Mindflash. See a free demo today!

Learn more about Mindflash Online Training

Showing 25 reviews of 102

Ken T.
Education Specialist
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2016

"Great LMS and Customer Support"

Comments: We've been using Mindflash for over a year now and their product and support is top-notch. Improvements are made seamlessly and when there is a problem, customer support is prompt in responding. The interface is easy to use and intuitive. We've been able to launch and grow our eLearning product over the past year with ease and our customers are happy with the functionality and ability to access our courses from anywhere. I'm looking for more improvement on the reporting side and managing users is getting better. I like the ability to create a quiz and an evaluation within the product.

Pros: Ease of use. Great Customer Support. Intuitive for users. Easy to create a course, series and catalog as well as upload content. Great flexibility and choice when it comes to creating a quiz and an evaluation. I like that you can integrate with Shopify for monetizing class offerings.

Cons: Advanced reports could be better. I would like to see more ability and ease of creating customer fields. Would like to see a live environment to produce and conduct virtual learning.

Nicole C.
Training Coordinator
Philanthropy, 10,000+ Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Okay system, but lacks in many areas where other LMS are ahead of the game."

Pros: I liked uploading my excel spreadsheets to the system and having mass invites and reminders sent to users.

Cons: There were several things I did not enjoy about this system. The reporting was off when we would run reports on the same things on different days. I also did not like the lack of drop-down options for our users, which made reporting demographics difficult. Above all, it was not a user-friendly system for our users. Many were confused and had difficulties logging in and completing the training. This was the ultimate deal-breaker after being with Mindflash as an organization for just over 3 years.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Benjamin R.
Training Manager
Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2016

"Mindflash is an easy to use robust LMS"

Comments: I have used Mindflash for my organization for sales training. It has been easy to use on the admin side as well as the end user side . It allows me to reach our reps and keep them up to date as well as our customers for additional information for their sales people.

Pros: Web based - allows anyone with a solid internet connection to do training remotely.
Compatible with Scorm 1.2
Voice-over capabilities
Reporting

Cons: If the end user connection is slow they might have a lack luster experience

• Reviewed on 07/04/2016
Zarella S.
Safety & Compliance Manager
Warehousing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Great to get you started."

Comments: We use to have Safety training DVDs floating around our multiple warehouses increasing the likelihood that they will get lost or broken, but MindFlash help us solve that issue with this web-based training platform. No need for outdated DVDs floating around anymore!

Pros: If you are looking to rid yourself of paper rosters and manual entry of training records via a useful video training tool, MindFlash will work for you.

Cons: Once you begin growing, this may not be a great software to use since training hundreds of employees every month on one computer may result more time consuming.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Matt C.
VP Training
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2019

"Great tool for Operations"

Comments: Its been a pleasure to work with the support staff and the system. But your people make all the difference - 100%.
Representative has been great work with.

Pros: This systems has proven to be easy to use, easy to train on and its simple to get folks up to speed on because of its ease of use.

Cons: It lacks a timer (to time out - not a due date) for assessments (like the NMLS exam, SATs, etc).

• Reviewed on 15/07/2019
Matt G.
Training Director
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"Easy to use for both admins and users"

Comments: I've been a user for over a year now, and the ease of use is a huge reason why we purchased the service and also expanded. We started with the idea that we would only use Mindflash for the 25 agents in our call center, however we now use it for our home office of 200 people, and also use it with our corporate office which does training for another 250 people. It's been a great value and I would recommend it to anybody needing an LMS system.

Pros: Ease of use, ability to track and segment, types of questions available.

Cons: Nothing glaring

• Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Dan B.
National Operations manager
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2011

"Perfect for compliance"

Comments: Their service is the key to this product. They have a great base, a great team, and are very good at opening up their scope to their customers. While they still have some room to grow, their willingness to listen to their customers and implement based on their needs will surely make them stand out in this industry. They have saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of flying around the company training employees to meet OSHA and DOT regulations. I highly recommend Mindflash.

Pros: This is a great option for companies that need to train nationally, especially when dealing with OSHA and DOT requirements. One certified trainer can build the online course and manage training for every employee company wide. Customer service and communication has been stellar since day one of the Beta testing, and they have always communicated well. They also have a great forum that they are very attentive to, which allows the users to vote as a group on priority issues and features that they'd like to see. From a company standpoint this is a very good option for internal training.

Cons: There are still some very minor limitations that are being worked on, but these are few and far between. They are working towards better support for individuals who would like to create courses and accept payment.

• Reviewed on 06/07/2011
Stephanie G.
Program Consultation Director
Individual & Family Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Easy to use training platform"

Comments: We've had much success with enrolling and tracking our trainees that span multiple states and training needs.

Pros: Ease in creating courses and tracking trainee progress

Cons: Would like some additional features like reminders, easier options to upload handouts into courses and some others.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2017
Cameron J.
Senior Operations Manager
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2017

"Great Software for Training"

Comments: Mind-flash has been invaluable to our company. It has changed the way that we conduct business and cut our cost from a training prospective. Mind flash integrates very well with other software. It is so easy to create mindflash courses when new material is being presented and trained on.

Pros: The ability to get up and do a module whenever we need one.

Cons: Limit of users

• Reviewed on 25/01/2017
Human Resources Business Partner
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2017

"Easy to use LMS"

Pros: This LMS was a breath of fresh air after using a big name player for the last few years. The software is simple and easy to administer. We have all the functionality we need and can accomplish all the same tasks we did previously but in less amount of time.

Cons: It would be nice if the had a better way to connect with our HRIS and some additional automation. This can all be accomplished through their API but that requires a tech resource we don't have.

• Reviewed on 26/12/2017
Nicholas L.
Manager of Verifications

"Excellent Product!"

Comments: Pros- *Ease of training
*Introducing a new medium to employee training
*Price
*Facility in creating videos
Cons- *If a user isn't added to videos by mistake, you aren't able to add them again with the same email
*No templates. Having some easy to use templates would be a great help, most managers who use the software aren't graphic designers, or have experience making videos.
Impressions- When this idea was first pitched to our business by a supervisor, I was very skeptical. Our company was expanding remotely, and we were having issues training everyone on a macro level. The idea of robotraining via Mindflash came up, and I was very skeptical. I'm happy to say that I was wrong, and the size of our remote branch has tripled since Mindflash was incepted. Thank you very much for the great product, one we will be using for many years.

Lisa J.
Director - Channel Marketing
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2014

"Testimonial"

Comments: My company has been a customer of Mindflash for a year and I've been a "super user" of the Mindflash training modules for about 3 months now. I continue to be thoroughly impressed with its overall UI/UX. We rely on the platform to deliver comprehensive, on-demand training of our products to a wide partner audience. We're able to build our training decks in minimal time, and take advantage of the value-add features like quizzes and supporting audio + video in order for our trainees to have a rich, effective experience.
While having the Mindflash modules available to our partners gives us a competitive advantage, we're able to support our partners with easy-to-use, on-demand training which is the most important element of all.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2014
Jesse H.
National Training Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2014

"Mindflash is a must have for any training department"

Comments: When Dyson decided that it was time to have a Learning Management System I quickly realized that the easiest, quickest, and most convenient way to get started deploying consistent training to our team was and still is Mindflash. Within 15 minutes of my free trial I had a beautiful training module complete with videos, voice over, and a ten question quiz. There have been times when Mindflash didn't meet my needs; but after a short discussion with their engineers they were able to meet the exact need that I requested. I highly recommend Mindflash to anybody I talk to about training and Learning Management Systems.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2014
Jason T.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2015

"We moved our retail sales training program, SalesNinjaAcademy.net to Mindflash a few months ago."

Comments: Working with Mindflash sales was an excellent experience. While we were setting up our system, we rarely had to consult the self help training modules available. Mindflash is super intuitive. We've had one issue with respect to functionality of the system and the Mindflash QA/Customer Service team was prompt in addressing it. The CEO of the company even reached out to make sure that she understood the issue and that ensure it was being addressed. When does that happen?? In short, powerful, flexible and intuitive software backed by a responsive leadership and team.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2015
Bob S.
Director of Training and Development
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2015

"As the system has been adding features the experience has improved."

Comments: The backend reporting initially needed a lot of enhancements. This has taken a while which is frustrating but each issue has been addressed and the improvements work almost without fail.
I realize these take time and appreciate the thoroughness of the solutions applied. I wish there was better communication on the process and estimates on where/when enhancements are coming.
I know we are not the only priority and have no way to know if our request is being worked on or last.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2015
Sandi K.
Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2014

"Transitioning to Mindflash"

Comments: After researching multiple online training options, Proton Onsite moved from a totally manual, paper-intensive training system to Mindflash early in 2014. The transition was smooth thanks to great support from the Mindflash team. Email questions are answered promptly and they are always available for a phone call. Mindflash has streamlined our training process and greatly reduced the time spent in keeping our workforce current on their training requirements.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2014
Robert C.
Safety Technician
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2014

"Great Training Platform!"

Comments: Since our transition from group training sessions to Mindflash we've seen a significant impact in how our employees "absorb" the training material.
Pros:
Easy to navigate.
Simple and fast way for employees to create and account.
Fast and easy way to invite trainees to a training course.
Ability to pull results by groups.
Ability to upload material used for courses.
Ability to add voice to slides.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2014
Kathleen S.
Training and Quality Consultant

"Real Value"

Comments: I've worked with premium learning management systems that are complex and pricey. They have nothing on MindFlash with its ease of use, library of helpful tutorials and responsive customer service. With MindFlash, I'm not weighed down by technical red tape and I don't need days of training before I can perform basic tasks. MindFlash has what I need.

Gordon F.
Canadian Completions Trainer
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2015

"Easiest LMS I've used to date!"

Comments: Pro:
Easy to set-up and administer large number of users with excel import ability
Low on bandwidth use for the field / cellphone hotspot
Quizzes are easy to add, more options than just multiple choice
Our end users like the easy of login and use
Con:
Reporting exports may need minor tweaking with dates

• Reviewed on 11/06/2015
Tif S.
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2017

"Happy with product"

Comments: I like how easy it is to create an user, add to courses or series, reset if needed.
I also like how easy it is to organize.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2017
Susan W.
Senior Business Analyst (SharePoint Support/Training & ServiceNow Training)
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

"Excellent Experience!!"

Comments: A few months back, members of my management came to me with a need to get a customer facing training site up and running really fast. They wanted it to be VERY professional looking and easy to use. I did some Google-ing and found Mindflash and a few of their competitors. After analyzing all, I settled on Mindflash. We contacted them and received a demo and fast forward 45 days later and the site was up and running. (The length of time to implement was not Mindflash related; it was the humans who had to write the content!)

Pros: Our authors are savvy in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint and with barely an hour's training they were up and running assembling their courses. Our assigned sales/technical contact was (& continues to be) extremely responsive. Our customers have found the offerings to be VERY easy to use and impressive to boot. They love being able to access Mindflash content on mobile devices as well.

Cons: I am sitting here trying to think of a negative and I cannot. Working with the Mindflash team and feedback from our users has been a great experience.

Tonya M.
MLS Administrator
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2019

"Easy - Create Powerpoint, Upload it, Create Quiz, Send it out"

Comments: The National Association of REALTORS made a requirement that if we require MLS (Multiple Listing Service) training, we must offer it online as well. Now we are compliant with that requirement. So there is that aspect of it. Furthermore, we had some out of area members that were not allowing people in their office to join here because we had required training that was only available in person. Because we now have some of that training online and may have other required classes available online in the future, we now have more members. Now that we have online training and I can quiz them on it, I know they know it, instead of just sitting in a classroom where all they have to do is sit there and be awake.

Pros: Ease of use, right out of the "box". We started using Mindflash a couple years ago when everything was called Series and Modules. It was/is so intuitive. Just upload your PowerPoint slides, add some YouTube videos, and create your tests. I enter students one by one because of the way we use it, but I love the option of being able to add them in batches. SO much easier than one by one when you have a lot to enter. When the Series and Modules changed to Modules and Courses, and the classes auto saved, it became even more streamlined! I love the new look and functionality. I love all the options. I don't use some of them, but I like that they are there.

Cons: Not being able to delete (not just inactivate) users. I have had two or three people in my position from other associations call and ask about Mindflash. I tell them what I wrote above (generally) and offer to give them a login so they can see how it looks on the user side. It would be nice to remove them from our system so it doesn't skew our numbers.
Also, and maybe this is something I should do, but I have agents contacting me all the time needing me to reset their module. When I explain how they can go to the home page and continue/resume or reset, they seem confused and either don't understand what I'm talking about, or don't see it. A brief "How to use Mindflash" tutorial autoplayed when they first login, with a link to play it again would be helpful, especially for those who are technologically challenged. Also if the house at the top left were bigger that would help too.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2019
John M.
Marketing Specialist
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2016

"Excellent Sales and Marketing Tool For B to B Business"

Comments: Using Mindflash for both internal and external training allows my company to provide very good training that is clear, informative and easy in-training navigation. Mindflash allowed us to fill a missing piece to selling and properly training customers that need our support installing our products matching our stringent specifications. Using all of Mindflash's features and benefits has made our training the biggest success when launching a new product. Customer support has been the shining star when there is a question or even when we need introduction to numerous Mindflash administrators. We have domestic and international users so having the customer support, multi-language navigation options was very helpful.

Pros: I like Mindflash's tools that help enhance my existing training content making it more attractive and vibrant. Navigation makes managing my content easy. Report and managing users helps my company stay on top of our trained users. Salesforce integration allows me to introduce tasks and tracking customer activity.

Cons: Salesforce integration, being new to Mindflash, was a challenge. But the programmers response and effort help make the integration work helped us utilize the full benefits of using Salesforce with Mindflash.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2016
Rob K.
Learning & Development Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2019

"Reaching out to staff across two continents"

Comments: Mindflash has allowed us to increase our training 'reach', firstly across multiple locations in South Africa and now also into our business interests in the UK as well. We plan to extend this further into mainland Europe in the future. Online training in our industry has been revolutionized by our bespoke learning content.

Pros: The ease of use without the need for specialised software and additional downloads. We can work from existing materials authored in everyday Office software.

Cons: Nothing to dislike. Challenges we initially anticipated have not materialised.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2019
Denise W.
HR Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2016

"I like it!"

Comments: I have put together several Mindflash training sessions and really like it. It is a very easy, simple way of teaching people about a subject, providing a quiz to check their knowledge, and then using the tools to see completion of the training and how people did. It is awesome.

Pros: Very easy to use! Great way to train people. Simply make up your PP presentation, upload it, put some audio with it if you want (rehearse as many times as you wish), and send it out to the users you want to do the training. Then, remind them if you need to by resending the link. Also find out how everyone did and who has completed and who hasn't. LOVE IT!

Cons: The only thing I have a little difficulty with is when I have audio and have to change the Powerpoint slides around the audio doesn't move so you have to redo the audio. I have not called customer service on this so maybe I am just doing something wrong??

• Reviewed on 01/04/2016