15 years helping Australian businesses

About LawnPro

Cloud-based solution that provides lawn care software to do estimates, invoicing, scheduling, automated text messaging and more.

Learn more about LawnPro

Pros:

The sending of invoices and estimates is great as can be emailed at a touch of a button with the integrated mailer.

Cons:

Certain features and restricted unless paid for as add-on.

LawnPro ratings

4.7

9.1/10

LawnPro has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 186 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used LawnPro before?

Lindsey
Lindsey
Project Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Comprehensive Lawn Care Software - Constantly Evolving

Comments: As a startup we purchased a lifetime membership/subscription for an incredibly reasonable price. We started one property at a time and have well over 350 clients. Some clients, of course, are one timers, but we have the ability to access all of their information.

Pros:

Our biggest use of this software has been for the preparation and follow through of estimates. The system allows the users to be at a property, complete quotes, send them to homeowners or clients, and recieve a response. You can save commonly used items or services to make it easy to estimate accurately. For example if you install black mulch constantly, you can save the material price for 1 cu yd mulch, the install price, or delivery price. There is a lot of flexibility. It also makes it easy to track through the system and to create quotes for homeowners that are consistent over time. We also use it for accounting and we can see payments, overdue notices, and all kinds of financial transactions. We connect our quickbooks and we run payroll from the software as well.

Cons:

We signed up many years ago and the features were kind of rough. There are a lot of features that I don't think have much use. There are things like chemical sprays, a map feature which we've never utilized and some other kinds of reporting that we NEVER use. That may just be specific to our company and other companies may find it helpful, but for us, I'd rather improve the accounting and estimate part of the program. I also think it's hard to search within the system. Let's say you know you installed mulch and planted pansies and those notes are in your system. There is no way to find that homeowner unless you sort by date, know their name or address, or know the estimate number and find your way to them. I have blanked on a client and it's taken me quite a while do dig them up. I often have to go back between emails and our software. Other than estimates, I don't email directly from the software.

Sean
Managing member in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Excellent CRM software for new landscaping business

Comments: My experience with whoever is behind the chat bot has been exceptional. I’ve never had to call them and can do everything from the app or computer. They even get back to me within a couple hours on weekends.

Pros:

It’s inexpensive and fairly simple to use. There are a lot of services on here that I don’t understand and would probably need someone to teach me how to use it. Customer service does get back to me quickly and the software engineers are quick to fix issue when they arise. Overall it’s a fine product for what I need right now.

Cons:

It took some time to get used to navigating. I would like to see an estimate button at the top of the dashboard on the mobile app because that’s what I mainly use this software for.

Joel
owner in US
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

For most part this is a great program.

Comments: For me this program mostly is great. If the company would make it app field friendly with minus that you can read in a brighter setting and add recurring invoicing so I don't have to make a manual invoice out every month just so my clients have line items. My rating stars would be higher. These 2 items are crucial to my business functioning smoothly.

Pros:

Has a lot of great features. 2 way Quickbooks sync, 2 way free style text messages. Great customer portal. Customers can prepay and when invoices created it will apply payment from credit on file. Has a full function mobile app, best I have seen in trying many apps,can be limited by employee job. Online payments available through PayPal and stripe (I personally do not like Stripe takes 7-10 days to get your money)

Cons:

Menu's on the program are to dark with thin fonts and makes it very hard to use it in the field. Does not have recurring invoicing for jobs that are the same every month. Only way to do that is create a contract but then you have no line items.

Kenneth

Powerful System for tracking

Comments: Very positive. It has helped with everyone being able to access and see what is on the schedule and where the crews are in their daily route.

Pros:

I like the fact you can track overall time at a specific customers property for the whole season. I like the heads up of the schedule for the week and month. Its also got a ton of great features for tracking customer relationships as well as for tracking maintenance.

Cons:

The only downside I have found is for the financials it does not go in as much depth as Quickbooks, but I am still learning so I may have missed something that gives me more information that I am looking for.

Excellent Software

Comments: This has been a good Program to use for my business. I have grown with them as they have grown. Streamlining the office side of my business has been very very good. Over the Years they have made the software program very good.

Pros:

I have used lawnPro almost as long as I have been in business or almost as long as they have been around I think. There are 4 key things that I like most about the software. Customer Portal- I have had several customer's that have commented about how nice the customer portal is. Being able to pay there bill, view invoices etc. That is my main goal- Customer easiness of doing business with me. 2nd- Credit Card processing. Being able to get paid weekly now is a huge deal. 3rd- I am hoping the pausing visits during the off season will be the next thing I like. 4th- I really like the Updated time tracker. I used to use a app on my phone to keep track of employee times. But this is very slick now to do it right from the program. I basically only use LawnPro and a budget program YNAB to run my business now.

Cons:

I can't think of anything that I like least at the moment. Maybe a wish- Being able to delete Emails or Text messages that have been sent from long ago. Or when you delete a customer from the program not have there name pull up in customer's to text or Email.

Greg

Greg Lawn Care

Comments: So far it has been a good experience using the LawnPro software. It has definitely made running a lawn and landscape business much easier.

Pros:

I like that everything is automated. It's nice that everything can be done with this software from scheduling, billing, tracking employees, etc. Budget-friendly and doesn't fall short of expectations like other software services that I've trie before.

Cons:

Any Cons that I have had were resolved within a couple of days of suggesting it or contacting customer service. The owner used to even encourages users to text him directly with issues. They have built-in support now but I bet he'd answer a text as well.

Douglas
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Must have for anyone in lawncare/landscaping!!!!!

Comments: Lawnpro solves all my CRM needs, scheduling, hour tracking, before and after photos, invoicing, estimates, I use lawnpro daily!

Pros:

There is too many amazing qualities to name just one, but to name my top 2 is the customer service is extremely fast, efficient, and effective! (To go into detail, one experience, i accidentaly charged something to my account, i text the help number and within 15 minutes my issue was resolved and I had a refund on the way.) My second favorite aspect is the app being on ios, the integration between using the website on my PC and the app on the go at the job sites, the job timer is amazing for tracking work hours and keeping track of average time on recurring job sites. The list goes on!

Cons:

Having to go back to enter customers and properties, not being able to add them from the invoice or schedule page like you can on quickbooks.

Richard
owner in US

Lawn Pro has great value

Comments: It has been a great service for the cost.

Pros:

This product is easy to use and offers lots of management options such as scheduling, field tech management, and reports.

Cons:

There are minimal cons such as it doesn't sync to quickbooks 100% of the time and discounts cause problems when merging. It may be user error but just takes extra time to resolve. I like the photo attachments but only seems to work when using wifi. Wish it had a signature approval for in person approvals.

Lawn Pro - What a great product - Makes our business so effiencent

Comments: All staff being able to see work scheduled. Access to all customer and property information and details in one place, which also makes it super easy to amend and change details. Being able to quote and invoice on the go, this greatly helps our cash flow and as a small business cuts down on required office hours. Route Scheduling, meaning we are able to make efficiencies where possible on daily route planning.

Pros:

After using Lawnpro we have moved our business to totally paperless. Ease of use with all levels of staff is great. Means keeping a paper diary a thing of the past

Cons:

UK compatibility is currently being working on by the team at the moment and for us is the only downfall in only a few small area. These we are able to work around, but I am sure in the future with full integration it will be amazing. What helps is the team is actively working on thing at the moment to help with UK compatibility. Don't let this put you off as it really is a great product for any UK based lawn care business.

Landscaping in Canada
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Small landscaping company

Comments: Overall it has been good

Pros:

It took awhile to change from using another landscaping specific software system. But since I have used daily for awhile, I love the scheduling system for the jobs and then simply adding it to an invoice easily. I am exploring the other options and everything seems to be great.

Cons:

I wish the work clockcould be stopped and started for the same job. And if they could have a recurring monthly invoices.

Joseph
Cust in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Amazing value for what you get

Comments: It does everything for our business and it will for many years

Pros:

The automations and billing are great huge timesavers

Cons:

Snow removal is hard to dispatch but lawn care is great

Leanna

My take on the Lawn Pro software

Comments: My overall experience with the lawn pro software is satisfactory. It is very helpful in my day today routine for billing and invoicing for my lawn care business. Takes the stress out of multiple things that I had to deal with prior to finding this software. The ease of use is exceptional.

Pros:

What I like most about the software is the ease of use. I am not a very computer savvy person and one of the reasons I decided to go against quick books was that it was a little more complicated and difficult for me to use. This software has been easy from day 1 and continually improves its features and if I have any issues the support team always goes 110% above and beyond to help me fix the issue

Cons:

I really can't find any reason that I dislike this software

Thomas
Proprietor in US
Farming, Self Employed

Designed by landscapers for landscapers

Comments: I've used lawnpro since it was available only on CD. I've been through several versions and like my lifetime access via web or app.

Pros:

Automatic invoices that email or snail mail themselves. Easy to setup and use. Very professional look.

Cons:

Need more payment options on the mobile app. Everything on the webpage should be available on the app.

Daniel
President in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Irrigation Use

Comments: Great.

Pros:

I love that all of my services are stored upon entering into this software. The fact that my customer database is intact season after season allows me to be efficient when it comes to scheduling, communication, etc.

Cons:

Thr routing feature is not free. If I am setting up schedules, I think the routes should be included.

Tyler
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Best software for lawn and landscape companies

Comments: I have been able to track my income, expenses and net profit much easier with LawnPro. Previously, I just had a gestimate of expenses. Now I can truly see how much I spend and on where I am spending the money.

Pros:

I like how my finances and customers are all organized. I can filter out data and find exactly what I am looking for. The best feature is being able to upload images to my expenses. I take a picture of the receipt with my phone and then upload the image directly to the expense.

Cons:

The only con would be how it try's to auto fill for services on invoices. Many times the service changes or the price changes, especially for snow.

Tim
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Lawn Pro, it how I keep track of everything

Comments: Staying on track

Pros:

I like the schedule, the layout, program options, time tracking, it's how I keep track of over 35 properties.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to send out a statement

Manager Partner in US
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

LawnPro Review

Comments: Over the last year it has been what we have used. As we grow we are using it mor and will really see if its the software we keep

Pros:

Software is cost friendly with basic features. Great for smaller companies

Cons:

Wish software was easier and more user friendly with more features for landscaping companies

Laura

Great product

Comments: Great product for the price.

Pros:

I used quick books before, Lawn Pro is more customized to what we do. Every time I have had a question or issue I have texted or emailed and got a response right away. It makes everything so much easier. If I want to know anything such as how much have we spent on gas this quarter I can click a few buttons and boom there it is.

Cons:

I would like to put my invoices in alphabetical order by last name and customer list.

Josh
Business owner in US

LawnPro

Comments: Overall LawnPro has benefited my business tremendously. It has been more cost effective for me as a smaller startup. It may not have all the features of some of the more expensive programs but it serves me well and it is starting to offer more of these features as updates come out.

Pros:

This software keeps me organized and helps me plan my routes to be most efficient. It also serves as my CRM and helps me manage my customer relations which is a very important aspect of every business.

Cons:

Lacks some automations that I would love to have. Setting up templates for automations has proven to be cumbersome as well.

Trista
CFO in US

excellent system

Pros:

This system is easy to use, and any questions I have are always answered not just in the same day, but minutes or even seconds after I submit the question. Customer service is unparalleled! This system also allows our customers to see all their information-past payments, current bills, estimates...it is easy to share with them so that they feel confident in the services they are receiving.

Cons:

There are some parts of the data entry that get tedious, but that is the nature of data entry for the most part anyway.

Joe
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Excellent software for lawn care companies.

Comments: My experience with with LawnPro has been great. The invoicing features alone are worth it. Within a click or two you can pull up info on anyor all accounts from current sales to past year totals.

Pros:

✔️Very easy to get around to perform multiple tasks. ✔️ Payment options for customers. ✔️ Data backup option. ✔️ Invoicing options. ✔️ Chemical tracking feature.

Cons:

I only have a few customers that want to use PayPal and it used to be free but now I have to pay to allow my customers to use. Not sure if this has anything to do with LawnPro or PayPal.

JT
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Choice

Comments: I use it for weekly scheduling and keeping all financial records and invoicing.

Pros:

Excellent product that is constantly being updated and functions perfectly. Meets my every need.

Cons:

Sometimes there can be issues switching between functions that seems there should be an easier way. For me I would like to have a way to send an email to all my client form the program rather than exporting and copying.

Raymond
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

LawnPro Review

Comments: I like it but I want to love it. I need a class. To use it to it's full potential.

Pros:

Made my job easier. Invoices and collecting was made easier

Cons:

I have not used it to it's full potential. Dont know if there is but I w pi old like some video up loads to train on how to use program in its entirety

James
Construction, Self Employed

Great intro software for the new Lawn care provider to start with.

Comments: Going into the second year of business in lawn care and this software is the best thing for starting out. From there CRM and scheduling stuff you cant loose with this product.

Pros:

Easy to use and great for the green industry.

Cons:

Integration to excel spread sheets and other quick software like that. Also maybe a maintains schedule in the equipment tab.

Amy
Owner/Office Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Lawn Pro is my other best friend!!

Comments: Lawn Pro as I stated above is my other best friend, when it comes to scheduling, invoicing, keeping my customers in a database that I didn't have to generate through Excel! Also I like the way I can download to a spreadsheet at anytime. I am just now getting acquainted with the bookkeeping part of the program we will see how that goes!

Pros:

The program helps us keep our customers up to date with all the services, invoicing, and scheduling, love it would not change it for anything!

Cons:

Still get confused on some things but that is just probably the technical aspect as we are older!!