15 years helping Australian businesses

About Workamajig

Workamajig is the only project management tool made specifically for creative teams. See why over 3,000 marketing teams use Workamajig.

Learn more about Workamajig

Pros:

Its user friendly for budgets, teams and schedules. The dashboard allows you to see how things are tracking to budget and if you are in the green or red of projects.

Workamajig ratings

3.3
3.9
3.7
3.6

6.3/10

Workamajig has an overall rating of 3.7 out 5 stars based on 319 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Workamajig before?

Rachel
Rachel
Controller in US

14+ years using WMJ

Comments: From dealing with customer service to upgrades to the software over the years the overall experience has been exceptional. I work on the Finance side but whats wonderful that it doesn't matter which piece of the software you go in to, the layout and functionalities throughout are consistent. In a small office under 20 sometimes people only touch parts of the software or their roles cross, the customization that WMJ offers to be able to handle the crossover in security and viewing ability makes this feasible. Being able to leverage the ability to look at financials by client/campaign/project and then report on efficiency and profitability is important to our management​ team.

Pros:

The ability to integrate our CRM, time tracking, project management​, and accounting to leverage the ability to look at our leading and lagging KPIs to be profitable.

Cons:

The variety of offering the software can do is massive. Deciding in our office whats a priority to run as efficiently as possible can be challenging. For example, there is WIP in the software but because of our size its the right fit for us.

6 years ago

Hi Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig. It's great to hear from someone who's been with us for so long, benefitting from the very features we've spent years developing! As always, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions, comments or suggestions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Gwen
Gwen
Chief Operating Officer & Partner in US

We call it Jiggy!!

Comments: The software is consistent, our team loved the UI and it was relatively easy to implement because the customer success team was so hands on.

Pros:

This is our 4th attempt at finding the right software to manage our agency, projects and tasks. Jiggy is here to stay!

Cons:

The true PM side of this solution is not MS Project (but that is not necessarily a bad thing). We have made it work for our agency and are happy with the results.

Linda
Image Manager in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51–200 Employees

In-House Project Management

4.0 last month New

Comments: It has taken time to get used to the program. We use the program mainly for job tracking and trafficking. Now that I have individuals to work with, I look forward to where we can evolve to.

Pros:

The potential that this program has is vast and thought out. I like that we as customers have a voice in aiding in the evolution of the program. I am fairly new to the program and I appreciate the continued education.

Cons:

Not being able to customize the top portion of the project request form. This could be training or working with our account rep however.

Dan
Dan
Creative Manager in US
Broadcast Media, 201–500 Employees

A dense, useful, but often unituitive task management platform

Comments: As an end-user, Workamajig was helpful once I overcame the long process of learning the system. The system worked for a long time in helping manage complex tasks, budgets, etc, but we ultimately are transition for something more MEDIA friendly.

Pros:

In the complex world of task management for video production, Workamajig fielded many of the needs we threw at it, to varying degrees of success. Fairly customizable, with a ability to create custom and interdependent forms When they upgraded to Platinum a few years ago (from Classic) the interface improved its usability. Notifications settings were easy, and program didn't default to an overwhelming amount of email.

Cons:

A fairly steep learning curve. The interface is very text heavy. Tracking the progress of tasks was often difficult, without intuitive features like status bars, etc. No simple and effective way (in our video environment) to store and display media, generate proofs, etc. Search functions didn't live update, making navigating backlogs more cumbersome.

Cameron
VP of Marketing Technology and Development in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Good, but not user friendly

4.0 last month New

Comments: Not a huge fan, but the more I learn about it the more I like it, see it's helpful features, but not the best out there due to not being user-friendly to navigate

Pros:

Feature-rich and they thought of a little bit of everything

Cons:

Not user-friendly as far as how you implement things and locate settings

Hilary
Project Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

I love the promise, but I need so many updates from Workamajig to love it.

Comments: Frustrating

Pros:

It ties timesheets and expenses together with billing. And I like the reports it can give.

Cons:

The UX and UI. There needs to be so so so much work put into the user flow. There are 20 different way to get the to the same features, it's unattractive, terms and vocab are all over the place... I could go on.

Matti
Project Manager in US

Capacity Management

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall experience has been positive and our agency has seen the benefits of the investment.

Pros:

Shows employee capacity for workload helping to give accurate deadlines for client expectations

Cons:

Not intuitive or easy to set up. There is a learning curve to it.

Melissa
Client Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Great for project managers!

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I love how Workamajig organizes projects. The functionality is great for project management use.

Cons:

It can take a while to learn. Good thing you have boot camps!!

Melissa
Director of Operations in US
Public Relations & Communications, 11–50 Employees

All in one agency software

4.0 last month New

Pros:

It encompasses the entire lifecycle of client management, project management and agency accounting

Cons:

It’s not intuitive and difficult to set up all of the components to maximize its capabilities

Katie
Associate Director of Project Management in US

Pleased with Workamajig

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I love the deliverables function as well as the over project creation and how it ties easily to campaigns and budgets.

Cons:

It’s not overly user friendly if you are not in it every day.

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Great integration tool for finance tracking and project management

Comments: I had an introductory training session with another employee before diving into Workamajig, however the program is self-explanatory enough to navigate without having to ask too many questions. I thought it was very handy to have timelines, budget, and timetracking integrated within one program to make overall tracking a lot easier for all involved parties.

Pros:

As a project manager, I used Workamjig often throughout the day, mainly to check cost-to-date statuses, create budgets/estimates, and adjust timelines. Our company also used it for timesheet purposes. I definitely liked the fact that you could integrate the time-tracking with project details, since that made cross checking the team's hours a lot more efficient (at a previous company, we used Workamajig to create budgets but actual timesheets were filled out using Excel, so there was no integration whatsoever). I found the platform relatively straightforward to work with, and found it easy to pull financials and other assets.

Cons:

One of my main gripes is - since the timesheet hours were directly correlated with a specific task on a project timelines (ex. the Creative Director could put 2 hours toward the task "Creative Ideation" - if a team member filled out their timesheet for a specific task on 06/23, the project milestone would automatically have a 6/23 end date attached to it, so had the potential of accidentally pushing the entire timeline forward (or backward). Every time I checked Workamajig to reference timing for a project, I had to make sure that the anticipated dates were actually correct, and hadn't been affected by someone submitting their timesheet. We had flagged this with the Workamajig several times, but were told there was not any workaround. Additionally, I found that there was often downtime when trying to pull up a report/add in time/etc. Even with high speed internet, pages had the tendency to load relatively slowly, which was an extreme annoyance especially when in a time crunch.

Allison
Director of Project Management in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

As a Workamajig Admin I am extremely impressed with it's ability to help manage projects.

Comments: Workamajig is a fantastic solution for a Marketing Project Management tool. It allows the Project Manager and subsequent teams to manage projects with ease while also interacting with billing, time tracking, and overall profitability analysis.

Pros:

I love Workamajig's User Interface. After using various Project Management softwares in my day, Workamajig Platinum User Interface is easy to navigate and has an extremely successful adaptation for users. I also love the ability to customize workflows, add in additional deliverables based on the approval cycle, and communicate with other team members within the system.

Cons:

While building out the workflows within Workamajig we had quite a few 'workamarounds' that we had to come up with in order for the system to meet our needs. An example is: I wanted an email to fire when a task was assigned, which was possible on all tasks, but the first one. One of our workamarounds for that was to have the first task be assigned to the PM and was titled "Close this Task" so that the next task would fire an email to the appropriate team member. That's just an example of some of the workamarounds we had to come up with. The Deliverables were also very difficult for us to monitor the status of.

6 years ago

Hi Allison, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback as it will help us continue to improve our user experience. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance at [email protected]. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Long time user

Comments: This is the third agency I've used Jig at. Every place has it set up different but the pain points I mentioned above are consistent at each place. I haven't seen the platform evolve much over time, I can't believe there isn't a calendar integration yet or a mobile app.

Pros:

Timesheet capabilities. I don't use it for much else at this point, I use Outlook Tasks to keep track of what you call "my activities".

Cons:

No integration with Outlook or Google Calendar. The search function doesn't seem fully developed, doens't always populate the things we are looking for. Requires a lot of refreshing. No mobile app. There is not a great personal task option, not everything I need to complete needs to be on an activity.

6 years ago

We appreciate your honest feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. There are available solutions to the specific issues mentioned and we'd love to help you resolve them, but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Included is a link to our help guide about calendar sync options with Google/Exchange: http://help.workamajig.com/calendar-overview Also, we are happy to provide training on our Platinum interface and how to use the phone browser for time entry and calendar functions. Our team is waiting at [email protected] to help you. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Jennifer
Creative Services & Operations Director in US

We selected this tool to streamline our agency functions, increasing efficiency and productivity.

Pros:

Project management software tool specific to the advertising agency structure and workflow. Integration of all the necessary parts from beginning (new client, new project) to end (billing). Monthly updates. They listen to users' feedback and make updates in response.

Cons:

Initial setup took a full year. It was a big process and should have been accomplished quicker. Availability of trainers and time allowed were limited. There is some limitation to customization but it seems to be improving.

6 years ago

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for sharing your experience as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product and implementation process. As you mentioned, Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting, etc. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward. We greatly appreciate your feedback and please let us know if there are any enhancements that would improve user experience at [email protected]. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

KRISTEN
Traffic Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Workamajig is fine until we find something better

Comments: You need to make sure you have a trainer who understands the software. We have not in the past and it's incredibly frustrating to have a training session with someone who is guessing their way around the software ... again, this shows how the program is NOT user friendly.

Pros:

I like being able to track projects within the software and the diary/conversation portion of the project to see where things were left if a project becomes stagnant.

Cons:

The software is not user friendly ... especially the Platinum version. It makes it too confusing and Platinum can't do everything Classic can. I feel Workamajig makes tracking harder than what it should be.

5 years ago

Hi Kristen, Thank you for your honest feedback as we are continually working to improve our user experience. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our client satisfaction team is here to insure you are getting the most from the training sessions by checking-in after each session and periodically thru the year. They are happy to address any concerns at [email protected]. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Lynn
Operations Director in US

Workamajig Works!

Comments: Workamajig has been great to work with! We been a user since Creative Manager, through "classic", and are now fully integrated into Platinum (in fact we were in Beta for most of the development of Platinum). Support is wonderful- questions are answered promptly, in a clear, concise manner.

Pros:

Love the seamless integration between estimating and invoicing. Scheduling works well, and has the added benefit of several print views. Conversations has been a great way to keep all project details and updates in one location.

Cons:

Some databases are still a bit tricky to access- searching for closed projects can be time consuming.

6 years ago

Hi Lynn, Thank you for for taking the time to share your experience with Workamajig. It's great to hear from someone who has been with us since the beginning, benefitting from the very features we've spent years developing. The custom reports feature does have the option to include closed projects. Closing a project is to remove them from typical searches on the inactive/active projects lists. As always, we're here if you need anything at all at [email protected]. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Doug
Sr. Video Editor in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Seems fine for what it does.

Comments: I am a stereotypical "End User". I just log in to enter my time towards the projects I work on. That seems easy enough, and the only real problem I ever encounter is when the account manager hasn't set up the project correctly. That usually just involves a short conversation with the account manager and they are able to quickly resolve it. In the Platinum version of Woramajig, the time entry feature is even more intuitive and the copy week function is a HUGE timesaver. My supervisors seem to enjoy the ease in pulling time spent on a completed project in order to forecast future similar projects. Overall, this is the best system for time entry I have used at a company, but my experience is very limited. It's much better than paper forms or Excel worksheets.

Pros:

Web-based software makes it easy to access from any computer. Time entry is intuitive. Ability to copy weeks handy for longer projects. Ability to run reports on project time spent seems robust.

Cons:

Seems very complicated overall. Ability to search on legacy version seems limited, Platinum seems to have fixed this.

Andrea
Sr. Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, 51–200 Employees

I only use the program to enter my time.

Comments: I use the program everyday to enter my time, is easy as long as I know the project number exactly; as soon as I miss a dash or extra space or in any way different from the set name, it takes for ever to find the info. It will be nice that I can add time in the same project line but at different times without opening a new line.
The timer works good but once the window is open you can not get it to disappear, even when you stop it. So I don't use it. For my needs is good.

Pros:

Clear display of information. Unce you learn how to use the basic functions is easy to use.

Cons:

Not easy to find functions. When a new update is applied, is glitchy. Hard to find stuff.

6 years ago

Hi Andrea, We appreciate your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. I believe there is an available solution to make entering your time to projects easier. We'd love to review the WMJ project schedule, but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Our team is happy to schedule a training or review via email at [email protected]. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Samantha
Senior Account Manager in US

Workamajig

Pros:

Once you get up to speed, Workamajig is fairly intuitive. It's also nice that the jobs, time reporting, and billing are all integrated in the one tool.

Cons:

The most frustrating part about Workamajig is its flash-based nature. The new Platinum solution is missing some critical features for our agency, so I'm not sure if this is a solution for us moving forward.

6 years ago

Hi Samantha, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. Workamajig Platinum has been completely rolled out in HTML5, and is designed to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate. We are offering free training on the new Platinum apps and would love the opportunity to review your use of the tool. We are always looking to improve our product. I've asked our support team to reach out to you regarding the features you feel are missing from Workamajig Platinum and the free training information. As always, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Bryce
Audio Visual Editor in US
Computer Games, 51–200 Employees

Workamajiging Hours

Comments: It took a little getting used to at first but after a week It was no problem.
Emails notifications are helpful when forgetting to put in hours. Only takes a few min. To enter in the time so it is much better than physical time sheets.

Pros:

It’s easy to look up job numbers without having to contact administrators directly. I like that you can customize the profile with pictures. The copy and paste feature for projects recently worked on.

Cons:

Changing the browser window size changes the format of everything. Hard to find workamajig platinum if you don’t already have it bookmarked. The requirement to change the password every so often is a hassle.

6 years ago

Hi Bryce, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we as constantly striving to improve our user experience. The browser windows change size as responsive design, so that if you're running WMJ platinum on a phone vs tablet vs desktop, it will change the user interface to make the most of the available browser screen space. Password settings can be reviewed with your firm's system admin. Please let our team know if you have any questions at [email protected]. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Internet, 11–50 Employees

Works well for our team

Pros:

This software has the ability to cover several aspects of the business, from finance and sales to project management and time tracking. It is great to be able to have al resources in one program. Our account manager is also great in helping us fully understand the capabilities and settings. She is always available to help train us to use the software even better.

Cons:

There are some detailed features that we want to use, but are not currently in the software.

6 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig! I'm glad to hear that your team has gained value by having using our product for many areas of business. We would love to look into the unavailable features you mentioned, can you please email [email protected] with additional details? Looking forward to hearing from you! As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Effective, sometimes.

Pros:

Great for managing time with shorter projects or orknxedre that won’t span more than a couple days. The platinum update was a great improvement upon the old system with some great features for working on smaller projects.

Cons:

The aren’t always helpful and somethings Disrupt work on a creative side because there is no lead time or announcement of when and what the updates will be. Granted that might be given to others and not relayed down to our team and that is an internal issue

5 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your experience with our product, the parts that work well and the ones you feel we can improve on. Workamajig is designed to support long and short projects, and we'd be happy to review your use of the program to ensure you are maximizing your ROI. Additionally, you can subscribe to receive release notes regarding software updates. In Platinum, click your avatar and click 'edit default settings' and check off 'Receive System Messages'. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected] - we're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Outdated, but useful; being updated to new design and awful

Pros:

Once I learned Workamajig (classic) it was easy enough to figure out how to do what I need to do (Not super in-depth stuff; just time reporting and looking up projects).

Cons:

I was excited that a Platinum was coming out to ensure usability (as browsers remove Flash) and to give it a non-1990's interface. BOY was I disappointed. The user interface is so confusing and non user-friendly. It seems like an update for updates sake; a knee-jerk reaction to Flash going away.

6 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for your candid feedback as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. We are currently offering free training on the new Platinum apps, and would love to set this up for you. If you'd be willing to give us specifics on what you find Platinum to be lacking, we'd be happy to look into it. As always, we're here to help at [email protected]. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Clara
Account Manager in US

Platinum vs Original

Comments: -I was trained on Workamajig Platinum and original at the same time as the office was transitioning from the old version when I was onboarding. In the end, the functionality of the original version made it necessary to stick to the old one to get work done though I prefer the look and feel of Platinum. - Please make Platinum able to print diaries without losing formatting -- our office needs hard copies - Also please add the missing "Track Budgets" selection on "Schedule" in Platinum which is needed to do timesheets and estimates. Previous version had to customize to add the column of check boxes, but not sure where this is in Platinum. - One more request for copying templates from another project --- would be great to have the ability to copy over without copying the people who were previously assigned to that project.

Pros:

- Interface looks great - Lots of fantastic features from project management to timesheets to tracking budgets

Cons:

- Diary posts don't print consistent formatting - Some features lost from the previous version - Timesheets can get glitchy when adjusting and deleting hours as you go throughout the day

Ellie
Senior Project Manager in US

Great customer support; up and coming product

Pros:

This product is up and coming. It has a lot of great features but not everything but their developers are currently developing more and more each day. If you are a customer you can put in requests for how you want things to work and they submit them as tickets to their developers to consider. The software has a lot of features already that you can use and are adding more each release (about once a month). The customer service is great and the software is very very reasonably priced.

Cons:

The current system requires manual work on our part in some cases to accomplish things that used to be automated in the system we used to use. The manual work is time consuming for us. Since the developers are currently working on the product the system does have some bugs and we discover them occasionally and have to work around them until Workamajig can fix them.

6 years ago

Hi Ellie, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! As Platinum continues to improve, we are happy to provide training on new features and review streamlining processes. Let us know if we can be of any assistance at [email protected]. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ