15 years helping Australian businesses

About ELSA Speak

The #1 Education App on the App store (2019) providing personalized learning to improve English speaking skills.

Learn more about ELSA Speak

Pros:

Elsa helped me a lot; integration with my existing business was easy.

Cons:

Because, I feel and i listen that I pronunce very well the word, but Elsa,sometime has some difficulties to understand it.

ELSA Speak ratings

4.6
4.4
4.5
4.3

8.5/10

ELSA Speak has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 170 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ELSA Speak before?

Zahir
Zahir
Statistical Programmer in Bangladesh
Biotechnology, 11–50 Employees

Excellent AI based self learning app

Comments: It helps to communicate with international project client, stakeholder with much confidence.

Pros:

User can measure current status, ELSA helps user to give focus on learning on their weak areas. This is pretty much easy to use, just need internet connection. It can add values to business.

Cons:

It could be more useful if user can use it from web browser. In person coaching price is bit high whereas it is more convenient in HALLO app. I think there have no difficulties to integrate with business team, it will help to add more profit to non-native English speaking business team.

Orsolya
IT Business Analyst in Hungary
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Pros:

Pronunciation recognition - I really liked that I can say something and Elsa recognizes my mistakes and guves me guidelines how to improve it.

Cons:

The Continue button - it should be automatized, so wheb I click on the choosed word it should be move forward and shouldnt wait for me to press continue all the time.

Abdul Ahad
MD in UK
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed

Course management

Comments: I am not interested in spending more time with ELSA speaking

Pros:

The software needs amendment since it doesn't have a specified program for a student; it should give a clear timetable for the student about the program, for example; how many days the spelling requires, how many days grammar, how many days reading and how many days writing the writing requires.

Cons:

only adhering to one part of training especially the spelling discouraging the student

Mark
Student in Germany
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Helps me with the pronunciation a lot

Pros:

This software is very useful if you want to improve your pronunciation. You can hear the correct pronunciation for each sentence and compare it to yours. It's even possible to slow it down. The incorrect pronunciation is highlighted so you know where to improve. What I like the most: - Easy progress tracking / noticable progress - Different topics to choose from - Multiple fields to improve in (pronunciation, intonation, listening, word stress, conversation) - Difficulty levels - Business English - Affordable - Nice design

Cons:

Sometimes it seems to me that a word isn't recognized properly. The pronunciation sounds correct to me but according to Elsa Speak it's not.

Kerem
Planning executive in Türkiye
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great study as a private lessons

Comments: ELSA is useful to improve probounciation

Pros:

Probounciation exercise Learn new words

Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Do not miss this ideal application to practice English

Comments: I am totally satisfied with using this application.

Pros:

The capability to recognise every single sound from my voice is really impressive and this helps improve my pronunciation a lot.

Cons:

The appearance is a bit confused to understand the structure of lessons.

Angela
Angela
Career Coach in Italy
Human Resources, Self Employed

Huge improvements in just few days!

Comments: I've been using Elsa for ten days now, and I'm an enthusiast! I wanted an app to improve my pronunciation, and I have found much more. I'm impressed by all the learning possibilities. Never in my life, I have been able to be consistent and train each day. Now, I do it, even more time than 20 minutes. It's fun and rewarding.

Pros:

I can get tracking of my pronunciation, fluency, intonation, listening, word stressing... And I can test all that. I get a fine perception of my improvements. Other things: high personalization level; the videos with the mouth position and the short explanations. It's so full of useful details and complete!

Cons:

It's not so clear how to organize my own content, but I haven't had the time to explore this possibility, yet.

Dmytro
Dmytro
DevOps in Ukraine
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Training by doing great things

Comments: I train my pronunciation issues day-to-day

Pros:

My pronunciation is improved by training with Elsa app

Cons:

I don't think the question is easy. I like the app and I going to use it all time

Ahmed
Ahmed
Legal and Economic Researcher in Egypt
Legal Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

From fear to fluent

Pros:

Accurate analysis and tips to reach the best pronunciation

Cons:

Everything was fine , I just hope the price for the professional version is cheaper than it is now.

Senior Sales Representative in Egypt
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees

I love ELSA SPEAK

Comments: It helped me to speak English fluently. I love it.

Pros:

It's helping me to modify my pronunciation and speak as natives and learning me many phrases and vocabulary is in different situations. It uses more methods like conversations, texts, video calls, listening tests, and others.

Cons:

I can't modify the text size. I can't copy any text. The translation into Arabic is not professional.

Johana
CEO in Indonesia
Public Relations & Communications, 2–10 Employees

Can use everywhere and very easy to use

Comments: Great, really. I hope someday ELSA take me on vacation to Canada to practice the result of my ELSA learning lol. Because I am always in the upper student chart lol.

Pros:

This is the first app I tried that used AI to learn the language

Cons:

Somehow the app not stable even though my internet connection didn't mess

Patima
Ph.D. student in Thailand
Research, 10,000+ Employees

Good app for Speaking practice

Comments: I am glad to practice with ELSA Speak. I also share it on my SNS. A lot of my friends told me that they use this app because of me.

Pros:

I like everything about this app except some bugs and lack of progress summarize

Cons:

No progress report sends to my email like some apps

Reisla
postdoctoral researcher in US
Accounting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

First impression of Elsa

Pros:

I started using the trial version of the application and quickly included it in my daily English study practice. Through a quick test, it is possible to identify specific pronunciation and intonation problems, which directs the efforts to be taken. The application has a bank of video clips of interviews, lectures in real situations that greatly facilitate the understanding of sounds previously unperceived with the use of artificial intelligence.

Cons:

I don't find the program so easy to manage. When starting each study session I am presented with many "recommended", "by topics" or "games" options for training, when it would be more intuitive to continue directly from where I left off.

Logistic Manager in UK
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Very Nice & useful application for all levels of users

Comments: highly recommended for friends for learning English practice

Pros:

Increase the learning practice & useful for enhance the pronunciation

Cons:

free levels need to increase a little bit

Stefanie
reviewer in Germany
Investment Management, Self Employed

The best for language lerning and call recording

Comments: I like the interactive experience of learning and making progress with this software.

Pros:

I love learning and tracking my language progress with ELSA.

Cons:

I feel like sometimes there are some incorrect pronounciations but it does not happen very often.

Laszlo
Accountant in Hungary
Accounting, Self Employed

An accountant

Comments: I would like to work in an English speaking environment, and I could practice a lot with almost real example conversation dialogue.

Pros:

This app helps me a lot to improve my speaking skills.

Cons:

This app is a bit slow to open this app on my iPhone.

Doaa
N/A in US
Education Management, Self Employed

It is a very useful and effective app in learning English

Comments: In my experience with this app it helps me a lot in improving my pronunciation .

Pros:

It Improves my pronunciation , also it has a variety of courses .

Cons:

I hope if they make videos of conversations .

Ramin
Process operator in Canada
Oil & Energy, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Extremely helpful

Comments: I'm contented.

Pros:

It really helped me improve my pronunciation and fluency. I used to use some even simple word in English incorrectly.

Cons:

Although every thing is good, maybe when the learner tries a word a lot and doesn't know where the problem is, the app should open the camera to analyze the mouth gesture of the learner to realize the problem.

artin
graduate student in US
Research, Self Employed

Absolutely amazing product

Comments: Perfect

Pros:

I've never used a better AI for language. In fact, I'm amazed that no other company has successfully replicated Elsa speak. Typically, everyone rushes to imitate good products. I'm guessing they couldn't since the quality was so excellent.

Cons:

I wish I could access it on my computer (web browser) too.

Brice
Actor in Morocco
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Game changing

Comments: Overall very satisfied and think it is the leading app in the field.

Pros:

This app is game changing and really helps people learn and master english!

Cons:

Like any app, Elsa could use some further updates, new features. I feel like the intonation and fluency features could be more accurate or better explained.

Ha
Co-founder in Vietnam
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

ELSA API for English language centers in Vietnam

Pros:

The ELSA API really helps teachers of English in Vietnamese schools and language centers to make the pronunciation and speaking teaching easy and standardized.

Cons:

It is still a bit on the expensive side for teachers and students in a low mi-income country like Vietnam.

ELSA Response

2 years ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's a valuable asset for us to improve our product to meet clients' expectations. We hope to continue to work with you in the way of teaching and learning English

Marcus
Network tech in Brazil
Government Relations, 201–500 Employees

Great sfoftware

Comments: One of the greatest fears of we starting learning english is the doubt of pronounce, making the people be ashamed of even try to speak, I notice an improve of my pronounce in on line class, and i believe that the software expand to grammar and online lessons will get a lot of users , because i really enjoy using this app.

Pros:

Easy of use, the Voice analisys is amazing. Great tô develop the pronounce.

Cons:

I don't have any cons about it. It's a great software.

Natshok
Government job in Bhutan
Environmental Services, Self Employed

My perception

Comments: My pronunciation has improved alot

Pros:

Easy tools and catchy because in other app there are lots of complicated and reduddant tools which further limits the learning capacity of learners whereas ELSA hasnot.

Cons:

Limited free learning options, if you provide abjndant learning tools, certainly we costmoer would buy the product for our benefits.

Jazzie Tonette
Nursing aide in Singapore
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Satisfied customer

Comments: Overall I like it when it comes to pronunciation and conversation practice

Pros:

It is easy to use, organize like basic to professional, have choices it defends on the user which one she/he preferred to use.

Cons:

Don’t have categories so far like if medical, what I mean is it is broaden, the topic is more on general.

Chao
Engineer in US
Design, 51–200 Employees

This is a title

Comments: so far so good as a short time user still.

Pros:

It's good to focus on the pronuncation because there're many resource to listening and reading.

Cons:

Nothing special, somethine the APP will be dead there without any response, not sure it's internet connection issue or APP bug.