15 years helping Australian businesses

Adobe Lightroom Reviews

About Adobe Lightroom

Cloud-based tool that provides businesses with tools to add and edit professional photos.

Learn more about Adobe Lightroom

Pros:

I really value Adobe's technical support and frequent updates to the product as new cameras and new capabilities are introduced to the market.

Cons:

Because the toolset is so comprehensive, it is very intimidating to use. It also has a steep learning curve.

Adobe Lightroom ratings

4.4
4.1
4.6
4.3

8.9/10

Adobe Lightroom has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 277 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Lightroom before?

Molly
Molly
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Long time Lightroom user (going on 10-years) -- it's a must have for any professional photographer

Comments: I have been a long-time user of Adobe Products and you simply cannot use anything else if you're looking for professional editing software. I pay for the premium monthly pack of the entire adobe suite, all the software plays nice with each other integrating useful features between them all. I love the libraries in PS for editing on repeat clients with tools and styles.

Pros:

I love that Adobe does useful updates when they update the software. I do love many features about lightroom, speeding up my workflow, consistent batch edits and once you learn the ropes, it's a breeze to use.

Cons:

LR just did a major overhaul to their masking and it has been a major upgrade to the previous masking tools. So far I absolutely love it and it is already saving me so many previous headaches in time with masking objects/subjects. I wish they would work on their heal too, it is clunky, slow, and should work more like content-aware in PS, but I'm sure it will eventually get there. :) Nothing that would keep me from using the software.

Prateek
Graphics Editor in India

Adobe Lightroom, The Best Photo Editor

Comments: Overall, Lightroom has become the core of my everyday operations, and it's the single software I rely on the most. The initial implementation was a bit rough due to the complexity of Lightroom's Professional Tools but now, it has become integral to my role.

Pros:

Lightroom has everything a Photo Editor can think of. From basic editing like manipulating brightness and contrast, to more advanced features like HSL Split Tone, Masking, Layers, and Tone Curves, Lightroom has it all in one place and is the benchmark product in its industry.

Cons:

Starting up with Lightroom as a beginner is a bit steep and challenging. Lightroom has a vast palette of tools and features that appear overwhelming for a newbie but the learning and experimenting is actually fun.

Penisoara
Photographer in Romania
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Best software for profesional photographers

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: it is the perfect software for me, as a wedding photographer. without which I would not be able to deliver quality materials to clients exactly according to my vision, in a short time.

Pros:

it is very easy to use, intuitive. the management of each color in the raw photos is simply beyond words. masks are a big plus over other editing programs

Cons:

the heal tool should be rethought a little, because you cannot heal over a part that has already been cleaned with this tool. the order of the photos after export is not kept as the order in the development library, although I tried to put a name or metadata

Soooo buggy

Comments: I have been using LR since LR 1. I loved it for years. The move to cloud based functionality while understandable from a Developer-support position has been expensive and extremely frustrating.

Pros:

Great User interface, solid feature options

Cons:

I'm using a new Mac with 16 Ram, just loaded my first job so this Catalog is SMALL and it is very hard to work It wont even hold a filter selection so its basically useless.

Anil
Editor in UK
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Creative Alliance Review

Comments: Overall, lightroom has been our go-to software for final retouching the photos and we also use it for making LUTs for videos. It is a simple and easy to use software and has helped us a lot in out weekly works.

Pros:

Along with easy and simple photo editing, making LUTs is also very simple in lightroom. Convenient to save time for editing photos. Various filters and abundance of functions are an added bonus.

Cons:

One of the cons of Adobe Lightroom would be the pricing for Adobe products as a whole. Only talking about Lightroom, there are certain limitations to fully editing photos, for which Photoshop has to be integrated.

Chrissy
Chrissy
Communications + Marketing Manager, Photographer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Lightroom is a foundational component to my photography workflow

Comments: Lightroom makes my workflow so much easier as a photographer, and I can't imagine using or recommending another software to other photographers.

Pros:

I've been using Lightroom for over ten years, first as a photographer, and now in my career in communications and marketing as well. The majority of how I use it is in my photography "side hustle" where I shoot portraits, weddings, and landscapes. The importing and file organization is excellent, and I love the rating system as well.

Cons:

The clone stamp tool leaves something to be desired- I wish it was more like the one one Photoshop.

Shilton
partner in St. Lucia
Food Production, 2–10 Employees

One of the best for Novice editors

Comments: I work for a small waste management company, and I recently convinced my company to invest in a DSLR. This is used for all my content gathering at work, however, the CyberLink software which came bundled with my camera package was just plain horrible. Upgrading to Lightroom was a lifesaver, the ease of use, and flexibility allow me to quickly edit, add watermarks and output photos.

Pros:

Ease of use and more lightweight than Adobe Photoshop while maintaining most of the key features that beginner editors would require.

Cons:

Subject detection does not always work as well as I would like

Lauren
Cofounder in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

One of the best

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I think Adobe Lightroom is one of the most popular editing apps for a reason. The look is really nice and easy to use. Love the edits I can create from this

Cons:

The image fix feature isn’t always the best as its not that realistic all the time

Online Media, 51–200 Employees

Top-of-the-line photo editing software

Comments: My go-to software for photo editing. It provides all the settings I need, and the UI is straightforward. I've been truly satisfied since day one.

Pros:

Lightroom offers me the chance to really bring the best out of my photos. I have liked it ever since I first tried it, and it only got better with time. I especially appreciate the options to use plug-ins, and to import presets.

Cons:

The only potential downside I could point out is the price. Even though I understand that it costs a lot to run and develop such a piece of software, a more competitive price would enable more users to enjoy the benefits of this great software.

Tiara
Tiara
Manager in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

A budget version of Photoshop

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Adobe Lightroom has a wide arrange of photo editing capabilities. It is a preliminary product without a premium price tag. If you mostly want to color correct, fix lighting, or airbrush a photo then this will have all of the tools you’ll need.

Cons:

Unfortunately, it is limited when it comes to actual photo manipulation. If you are look to fully manipulate the photo then look to Photoshop instead.

April
owner in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Works well for editing jewelry photos for website

Comments: Adobe Lightroom works great for editing jewelry images for my website. It can be a bit confusing to use, but overall it is a quick and easy way to edit good quality images.

Pros:

I started using Lightroom when I got a new computer a few years ago. I had been using a very old version of Photoshop to edit jewelry photos for my website. Lightroom works much better than Photoshop for this purpose, as it is designed for photo editing. I love the presets, they make it very easy to edit quickly since I take all of my photos in a lightbox with the same background.

Cons:

I felt that there was a bit of a learning curve when I first started using Lightroom, but once I got used to it I liked it. One thing that bothers me is that when I try to import photos I sometimes have to rename them because Lightroom will not import photos that have the same name as a previously imported photo - i.e., if I have previously imported IMG5438, then a new image with the name IMG5438 will be skipped. There may be a way to fix this, but it's not obvious.

Anna

Good Updates

Pros:

I have used Lightroom as a professional photographer for years. I will say the most recent updates have been excellent with the AI masking. It makes my life a lot easier and is fun to have in my tool belt. I am also glad they there are finally color profiles for CR3 files. In the market, I think it is the best photo processing tool.

Cons:

It seems like Lightroom is always a little late to make updates on the software, but a lot of my qualms with Lightroom were taken care of with the latest update.

Sabina
Graphic Designer in Czechia
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Adobe Lightroom for photographers

Comments: Overall experience is good I usually use Lightroom with Photoshop so I do the "deeper" editing in Psd and the "mood" in Lightroom.

Pros:

I really like that I can use filters on multiple photos and actually work on more of them at the same time.

Cons:

I don't like the way of importing photos. I know there is a lot of them and the software needs some way to do it, but I would prefer some easier way.

Sam
Designer in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

No better batch photo editor out there!

Comments: Regarding my workflow, Adobe Lightroom has substantially improved photo categorization. I take images on a regular basis, so having them all in one spot is quite convenient. I can quickly locate a one-off old photo that I require, make a fast edit, re-export and tag it, and move on to my next task.  This is useful when I'm using photographs from more than a year ago in current marketing materials. Overall, Lightroom is a must-have for those looking to improve everything about photography—especially workflow and aesthetic adjustments.

Pros:

I like how Adobe Lightroom  allows me to edit RAW files in a comprehensive manner. I can batch-edit RAW photographs more easily than I can with Photoshop. I appreciate being able to rapidly switch between presets and preview them. The simple keyboard shortcut that allows me to rapidly change between my altered photo and the original RAW shot is perhaps my favorite feature, allowing for easy comparisons when editing.

Cons:

There aren't many things that Adobe Lightroom does poorly. Lightroom occasionally has long photo export times, which is the only drawback I can think of. For example, exporting a batch of 50 photographs can sometimes  take up to an hour or more. It's not a major concern because I'll just be leaving my computer for a few minutes, but I'd like to see speedier photo exporting, or one that works better on computers with less RAM.

Talley
Social Media & Email Marketing Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Lightroom is Essential for the Busy Photographer

Comments: I couldn't do my job without Adobe Lightroom. Nor could I be the photographer I am today. I've used this product for years and it is extremely versatile in regards to it's capabilities. I have used several presets through Lightroom and the integration process is always flawless. I have edited thousands of photos at a time with no issue or delays in importing and exporting. Is it dramatic to say I'd take a bullet for Lightroom?? Hahaha, I love this product!!

Pros:

I import and export photos into and out of Lightroom 1-3 times a day for our animal shelter. The animal rescue industry is extremely fast-paced and it requires me to document our animal intakes all day every day and I need a reliable, easy-to-use and high quality photo editing software. Luckily, Lightroom is just that. It imports and exports photos in a matter of seconds, has editing capabilities beyond the basics and allows me to edit photos of our animals in the highest quality to attract adopters to save their lives.

Cons:

The only thing I dislike about this software is the amount of batter and power it takes to run it. My MacBook tends to get pretty heated to the point of where I have to close my laptop for a minute or so if I'm going through 500+ photos at that time.

Anjanette
Graphic Designer in Philippines
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

Adobe Lightroom Review

Comments: This software is a powerful tool for graphic designers, particularly those who work with photography, as it provides advanced editing capabilities and photo management features.

Pros:

I like how this software has a wide range of editing tools and presets; it really helps me enhance my photos and create unique visual effects. This is especially useful when working on projects that necessitate a specific aesthetic or look.

Cons:

I have no issue with this software; I enjoy using it for my work. Maybe it will be challenging for beginners or those who are not familiar with other Adobe Creative Cloud applications. However, with a little bit of practice and patience, anyone can learn how to use it effectively.

Seon
Seon
Teacher in Trinidad & Tobago
Arts & Crafts, 51–200 Employees

Photo editing at your fingertips

Comments: I enjoy photo editing and Adobe Lightroom make it even more enjoyable with it's powerful photo editing and management features. While I would love to see more photoshop tools integrated in the program, I would still recommend this program to anyone interested in taking their photos to the next level.

Pros:

Lightroom is very easy to use, has a great interface and is also very affordable. I like that you can get the app free with almost all the desktop features. This makes it easy for photographers to edit their images on-the-go. When teaching photography to my class, this is the 'go to' app I instruct them to download. I also love that in the mobile app there is a learn and discover section so you can continue to develop your editing skills.

Cons:

Lightroom doesn’t have anywhere near the same amount of features as Photoshop or other more expensive programs. Recently there was an update where they added, some features from photoshop but they still have some more work to do for photographers to not continue their edits in photoshop. It would be nice to see Adobe Lightroom introduce social media integration or video editing features built-in.

Ousama
Ousama
Teacher of English in Morocco
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Lighten your room using Lightroom!

Comments: Lightroom allows you to organize your pictures in a great way. It is effective when it comes to editing your pictures. It is characterized by its seamlessness, especially if you want to toggle from desktop to your smartphone, without losing the work you were working on.

Pros:

One of the best features I love about Lightroom is the built-in file management, it helps you categorize and organize your files. Another thing that I appreciate about Lightroom is that it has a non-destructive editing feature that protects your data files from getting corrupted. Lastly, Lightroom is easier to use than Photoshop, even non-tech savvy people can use it.

Cons:

One of the things that I don't like about Lightroom is that it has no layers or bend modes. It is also limiting when it comes to editing features.

Szabolcs
Software developer in Romania
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

It's a must

Comments: I can successfully organize my pictures, i can retouch and perfect them with ease, I can go from desktop to mobile and pick up the work and continue - I like this the most.

Pros:

If you are a photographer, be that on a professional basis or a hobbyist, you can't expect to create awesome shots with the camera only. A good post-processing software is needed. Lightroom is the "industry standard", every other editor is compared against it, in the features, in organizing tools, sharing features, with Adobe family software integrations

Cons:

It's a little annoying, that it needs a little too much resources, cpu and ram. I had to switch hardware because of this. The 20gb cloud space offered in the basic subscription is too little.

Brian
Brian
Videographer/photographer/editor in US
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Edit all your social media photos with Lightroom!

Comments: I use lightroom and photoshop sometimes interchangeably but I prefer using Lightroom for quick edits since it is perhaps the easiest and fastest program adobe offers

Pros:

Adobe Lightroom is deeply versatile but perhaps most importantly it takes so many steps out of the process to get photos onto social media that it becomes a necessary tool to master for every single creator who has any social media platform. The beauty is it’s easy to master and will have you feeling like a professional in no time even if you are one already ;)

Cons:

Like all adobe products it comes with a moderate monthly price tag but like all Adobe products every bug is fixed and every update is applied as soon as you’re ready for it!

Lori
Lori
Founder in US

Favorite Photo Editing Tool

Comments: The features in Lightroom have grown so much over the past few years. The whole workflow and editing of photos is quick and easy. There are many creative options now as well as tools for touch-ups. I also really enjoy the monthly membership model (paid yearly) which allows me to always be using updated software.

Pros:

I've used Lightroom for the past 10+ years and the available features for photo improvements just keep getting better.

Cons:

I wish there was the ability to export photos in CMYK.

Dragan
Content Manager in Serbia
Import & Export, 2–10 Employees

Nice functionality, needs to work in unison with other programs

Comments: Overall, Lightroom is great for portrait and landscape photo editing, although I feel it works best in connection to Bridge and Photoshop. This way, you get an overall solution for your editing efforts.

Pros:

In terms of photography as a hobby and specific niches (landscape, portrait), Lightroom is still one of the best tools out there. It has powerful features, it's relatively easy to use compared to Photoshop, and it's easy to edit and adjust photos during the workflow. I also liked the tagging options in Lightroom. Image Library is by far one of the better features of this program, and very easy to use.

Cons:

Although great for editing of certain photos, Lightroom is, I find, still lacking in some other features. For starters, brushes for editing sometimes exhibit certain bugs, and it gets frustrating to adjust them. Additionally, I think I would like to see at least some sort of primitive layers in lightroom, separated from the brush adjustments, I think it would make things a lot easier.

Justin
Justin
Executive Creative Director in UK
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Batch image editing beast!

Pros:

Powerful and capable product with many options for image editing. Newest versions with the masking features is VERY good!

Cons:

Rendering of large images, especially when culling, can take a long time which slows down my momentum, and slows down my overall process so much so that if I'm doing a massive group of images I generally do this part of my workflow in another app. If adobe can sort this out then I'll use it for my whole workflow from project import to selection to editing (95% of ) to export in various sizes, resolutions, with or without watermarks or file numbering.

Ángel
Ángel
Community Manager in El Salvador
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Your pictures are never going to be the same!

Comments: Lightroom has various functions that help you transform an ordinary picture into a professional masterpiece. This software simply makes your pictures looks awesome. Bad lighting? No problem. Bad weather? No problem. Your main photographer couldn't show up and you had to do the pictures? Not a problem! Lightroom's got you covered.
This software has helped us attract more people to our Med school because it really helps us highlight the best sides of our facilities, and it allows us to picture the best of our students.

Pros:

Color balancing is great. I helps you transform a boring picture into a creative masterpiece. You can play with brightness, contrast, luminosity, etcetera, in order to find the perfect set up for the pictures. The software includes various presets, and you can also import presets made by other designers, aside from creating your own! You know, in case you find the perfect combination and want to be able to use it later. It's also really easy to use in a basic level.

Cons:

The cost! As all Adobe products, Lightroom is really expensive, but it's totally worht it. It can be difficult to use for more advanced photo edition, but there's tons of video tutorials online. But if you're on a tight budget, you gotta be careful, because as I said, it's an expensive software and you could also need training.

Mahil
Mahil
Graphic Designer in India
Graphic Design, 201–500 Employees

Great software for Image editing

Comments: I use it for editing photos of my own or related to my work. Overall it is very easy to use software, especially the mobile application is very user friendly and has very simple interface as compared to desktop version.

Pros:

I love the color effects it provides to make our photos look cool and beautiful. It has my presets which you can directly use in your photos without changing any settings. We can also create our own presets for similar kind of photos. It works very fast and has all the features you need I'm editing any type of images.

Cons:

You need to take the premium version for editing Raw images which will cost you in dollars. The computer version has complex interface.