15 years helping Australian businesses

About Hoxhunt

Hoxhunt automatically assigns quick, gamified training that dramatically increases engagement and builds long-term security behaviors.

Learn more about Hoxhunt

Pros:

Easy to use, would recommend to all my friends and family.

Cons:

No con to think of - except marking legit emails as fraud when they are not.

Hoxhunt ratings

4.9

9.5/10

Hoxhunt has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 333 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hoxhunt before?

Abhisek
Abhisek
Software Engineer in India
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Wonderful experience with Hoxhunt learning journey

Pros:

Hoxhunt training is a part of our organization. In day to day world every day, we receive many spam, phishing, and malware in our inboxes. Hoxhunt training included great quality testing mail for its users to identify and earn badges. That not only generates learning interest but also provides broader knowledge and competition among members of the organization to see their rank & where they stand in the smart world. In a world full of cyber-attacks this is the most essential training.

Cons:

I am not a great fan of the calculation of the time taken for reporting a Hoxhunt training mail feature, because maybe someone is busy with other activities and might report once he/she has access to mail. In that case, their rank is going down as the time of reporting as soon as a mail is received also getting calculated.

Charmaine
Credit Control Admin SSA in South Africa
Consumer Goods, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Awareness of emails received in the Organization

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Chep is a global Company, & have invested in Hoxhund, which is such a good tool for the users to be aware of spams/Hox emails, as the fraudsters are increasing every day, this is an excellent tool to protect company's statutory & other information.

Pros:

response time is excellent, When, not sure, you can still click on the Hox tab, they will respond, whether it's a positive hit & advise what you need to do. awards are given to encourage you to be alert of unwanted & dangerous emails, that could have an impact on the business information.

Cons:

to be honest, I have not had any issues with Hoxhunt, at this present moment

Shawn
Project Manager in US
Construction, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Review of Security Features

Comments: Very good

Pros:

What I like about the software is that it is intuitive to the process in your everyday use of Outlook / emails. There is not alot of steps you need to make. See something, say something etc..

Cons:

Trickery - it's not necessarily bad, just that a couple times I feel like I was duped when either missing an email or deleted knowing it wasn't for me.

Matthew
Machinist Millwright in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Nice to have security email while on line.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It is a daily reminder that it is easy to get complacent and open the wrong email. This program reminds me to look closely at the sender and content before progressing further.

Pros:

The system send out test emails to keep you on your toes. It can also work with emails you detect and secure them until the review of their being legitimate people/companies with out fear of being hacked or possible scammed.

Cons:

Not sure if the emails always get noticed. Reviewing of the overall progress make me wonder what I missed.

Bronislav
Senior engineer in Poland
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Protect your company by protecting yourself

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It's very positive, I enjoy to use the product since about 5 years.

Pros:

Hoxhunt is a perfect security awareness increasing tool, sending users authentic-looking, but phishing emails, which require immediate actions. The most complicated thing is that emails content can be quite closer to your current situation (e.g. you will have a business trip in couple of days and suddenly receive hotel's cancellation, which was booked for you). So it's not that simple to correctly distinct what is true.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be so "real", so your blood pressure rises. "Your car on corporate parking has been scratched", "You need to pay an additional fee" and so forth.

Artur
Developer in Lithuania
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

It's useful and actully fun!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Honestly I really liked it! Something new across the boring work inbox. Starting from the "usual" training phishing and scam emails - you can report them via hoxhunt and also get a micro (but useful) explanation about what have you just reported. Later - "spicy mode" - sometimes really believable and hard to detect. Also the gamification aspect is surprisingly fun. By reporting and completing micro trainings you unlock achievements and upgrade your "shield". It's a first time I saw such mandatory thing be quite enjoyable. Nice! :)

Pros:

Explanation of security and phishing Training spotting phishing and scam Fun Now I'm paranoid of every unusual email I receive

Cons:

Dashboard takes time to find, I always forget where it is Vacation mode still sends you emails sometimes

Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

HoxHunt Review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

What stands out about Hoxhunt is its ability to significantly enhance an organization's cybersecurity efforts. Through simulated phishing attacks and interactive training modules, it effectively raises awareness among employees about cyber threats. Hoxhunt's features not only help identify areas for improvement but also empower staff to recognize and respond to phishing attempts adeptly. Moreover, its functionality for reporting and mitigating spam emails adds an extra layer of security to safeguard the organization's digital assets. Overall, Hoxhunt's comprehensive approach makes it a valuable tool for bolstering cybersecurity preparedness and resilience.

Cons:

One common concern might be that while simulated phishing attacks are useful for training, they could also potentially induce stress or anxiety among employees if not handled sensitively.

amie
Security An in US
Utilities, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Hoxhunt, great in many ways.

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the frequency of the "test" emails. I also appreciate the learning aspect of finding a hoxhunt email.

Cons:

This is not a bad things, but I do not like how it can trick me. However that is good for the learning aspect of the platform.

Useful tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I think it's a very useful tool for safety and for practicing in order to recognize alarm bells right away.

Cons:

At the moment I have not found any flaws. In case I find one I will report it in the future.

Melcher
Melcher
Education in IT in Netherlands
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Use Hoxhunt, enjoy your mailbox.

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Hoxhunt has been very positive. It has effectively enhanced my email security skills and awareness through its interactive approach. The platform is user-friendly and provides valuable insights into potential threats, making me feel more confident in managing email security.

Pros:

I like the interactive training and real-time phishing simulations that Hoxhunt provides. It makes learning about email security engaging and practical, significantly improving my awareness and ability to spot phishing attempts.

Cons:

The frequency of the training sessions can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming, especially during busy periods. A more flexible schedule for these sessions would be beneficial.

Vishaan
Director - Valmet South Africa in South Africa
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Hoxhunt - A practical tool to prepare people for real world threats

Comments: Very good. Good training and awareness of potential threats out there and allows me to share those experiences with other non-users of the product (like my parents) on things to watch out for.

Pros:

The simulations of potential cyber threats are an excellent mechanism to help bring awareness to people regarding the options out there. I like the follow up learnings that take place thereafter working through the thought processes behind the threat, how it works and how it is meant to guide people towards making poor decisions. The practical tips on how to deal with these problems then make much more sense because you realise what they were trying to do.

Cons:

Product is fine to use but some of the threat mails are too obvious and need to be tailored better to try and simulate a threat. For example, I work for a company headquartered in Finland. And often the threats that come through are written in the Finnish language. However I am based in South Africa, so I immediately know if an email is a Hoxhunt threat purely because of the language used in the mail as opposed to testing a specific principle / risk / mode of attack.

Kimberly
Regional Sales Manager West in US
Industrial Automation, 10,000+ Employees

Hoxhunt is Fantastic Software

Comments: Extremely beneficial trainings and exercises in cyber security. The program has been extremely relevant to today's world of threats in the cyber world and the program was tailored very well to my company's needs.

Pros:

Hoxhunt is very user-friendly and helps to show the employees how to catch emails that look like regular emails but that are scam emails. They fabricate very good emails from internal users that will trick even the best employees to make sure everyone is always on their toes when opening emails with company resources.

Cons:

I did not have any complaints. I take cyber security very seriously and have felt all throughout the use of Hoxhunt that the exercises, lessons and trainings have been very useful. The only complaint I have is that I could have used more training.

Kira
Director of Operations in US
Gambling & Casinos, 11–50 Employees

excellent training tool

Pros:

I like that this program trains us against threats, in a safe simulated environment. It moves emails that seem fishy to a different folder, so it makes you aware that something may be risky with it.

Cons:

Some of the training modules that pop up after reporting an email don't always seem relevant to the reported email. Maybe I just didn't understand what the training was for.

Sabin
Presales Manager in Bulgaria
Computer & Network Security, 51–200 Employees

How to combine the useful with the pleasant

Pros:

The fact that it constantly keeps you on your toes and the "competition" with your colleagues in the ranking list.

Cons:

Sometimes, the Outlook plugin does not always work - it give an error (unexpected error) or I have to generate links to open Hoxhunt dashboard, because it (the plugin redirect) is not supported by all browsers.

John Paul
Manager in US
Hospitality, 1,001–5,000 Employees

My thoughts on the product

Comments: Its a useful tool that will make everyone more aware of the dangers that lie from people trying to breach

Pros:

That it educates the employees so they can identify issues and report them accordingly.

Cons:

That it doesnt suspect potential bad emails and we can possibly overlook them

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Simply the best experience for training users

Comments: We use Hoxhunt to train end users on email phishing attacks and it's also used to tag spam emails. The product provides a great experience in a gamification manner, making it fun. It provides essential training to end users without them even knowing they are taking the training. So much fun.

Pros:

I love the experience this product gives end users. It is not intrusive at all and definitely hits the mark showing you examples of phishing and spam attacks.

Cons:

I think the product can provide additional training in other areas, project risk, consulting skills, etc.

Animator in US
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

Phishing Made Easy

Comments: The experiences is excellent overall. I will continue using Hoxhunt. There is no other product I know like it. Fun to use.

Pros:

This product makes it easy and fun to recognize spam or dangerous emails. I enjoy seeing my progress and hearing of others.

Cons:

There is nothing I don't like. It's easy, fun and the tracking process is engaging.

Lasma
Senior Internal Trade Specialist in Finland
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Great tool for awareness training

Pros:

Easy to report a suspicious email. Some emails are very obvious to be fake but some have also been quite believable. Nice to have some tips, and to be able to review my HoxHunt history. Fun achievements. A password challenge with useful tips.

Cons:

I would wish for more frequent emails - it would also help remembering to set vacation mode when leaving for a longer period of time, and avoid lost progress due unreported messages. Missing a feature: In our company, we have statistics per country, and I would appreciate to see more detailed information, not only success rate. There should be also statistics on failed emails with a separation between training emails where user has clicked on something, and where email was missed (as it disappears after some time). Only one challenge available.

Marianne
Accounts Support Manager in Philippines
Maritime, 51–200 Employees

Hoxhunt the best apps for security

Comments: Using Hoxhunt makes my work more secure and free of phishing emails.

Pros:

I like the process of using Hoxhunt every time I receive a suspicious email, verifying it first before clicking on any links attached to it.

Cons:

I can honestly say that I have no dislike for Hoxhunt.

Piergiorgio
Sr Project Manager in Netherlands
Consumer Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very effective system

Pros:

The system used to teach how to handle suspicious emails is very effective for the end users, and the simulated email threads are very useful to learn how to prevent attacks

Cons:

I do not have any specific issue to be reported in this sense

Reinis
Reinis
IT system / Cloud service administrator in Latvia
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

awareness for the victory

Comments: I am enjoying the simulation emails a lot. shows the creative ways of phisherman.

Pros:

- keeps you on your toes - teaches a thing or two

Cons:

- emails received during OutOfOffice will be counted as 'missed' and you will not be able to score the maximum 100%

James
Director, Modern Workplace Solutions in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Hoxhunt is the best Anti-Phising Trainer I have ever used!

Pros:

Hoxhunt is constantly throwing me curve balls in the challenges it presents, and its honed my ability to detect and report on phishing attempts for a wide variety of scenarios. Beating the challenges has become an obsession for me - I learn every time something new comes along and my scores are skyrocketing as I become better at detecting and reporting phishing attempts.

Cons:

I think it would be interesting to provide a gallery of 'case studies' on actual attacks that my company has received. The simulations from Hoxhunt are challenging and based on real world examples, but I would like to see what current threats are being received by my colleagues so we have some idea of what those actually look like.

Bharath
Analyst in India
Human Resources, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Hoxhunt - Best tool to Use

Pros:

Hoxhunt helps us in educating about the real life threat like spam and phishing mail. The simulation training is super cool and easy to understand. Earning stars and racing on the leaderboard is fun. Overall it’s a great tool to be aware of the phish mail trend and staying safe from Attackers.

Cons:

None, all the features are good and at ease to use.

Brett
Warehouse Supervisor in Australia
Facilities Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Hoxhunt business review

Pros:

Product is always there when you need it, very easy to report a suspicious email. Integration with email application was very easy

Cons:

Sometimes I think there are too many training emails.

Jim
Sr. Manager, Solutions Engineering in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Gamifying security works

Comments: All good, keeps you on your toes and gives an easy mechanism to report questionable email traffic that typical spam filters may miss.

Pros:

I like how Hoxhunt makes it a game to spot malware (and potential malware). It helps you keep a critical eye on messages you're receiving.

Cons:

I have noticed a tendency for people to start messaging each other to see if an email is valid (when it's actually a Hoxhunt email). Not a huge deal, especially because it's a training exercise and I don't know how you'd really remedy that.