15 years helping Australian businesses

Adobe Photoshop Reviews

4.8 (2,159) Write a Review!

About Adobe Photoshop

Image editing tool that helps businesses edit and enhance photos, create digital drawings & store files in a centralized repository.

Learn more about Adobe Photoshop

Pros:

If you are not worried about price, this is the best photo editing software in the market. With tons of features and tutorials making abstract graphics to editing photos this is the best software.

Cons:

There is a barrier to entry as far as cost goes but for large companies this is not a major issue.

Adobe Photoshop ratings

4.2
4.3
4.8
4.3

8.8/10

Adobe Photoshop has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 2,159 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Photoshop before?

Filter reviews (2,159)

Dan
Dan
Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

Adobe Photoshop is still the best for photographers

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Photoshop continues to be the best app for full creative control of your photographic images. It takes some time to learn, but the interface is very similar to other Adobe applications so users of other applications should be able to adapt well to using photoshop. Being able to control things like color, contrast, shadow and highlight, and crop are essential for photographers in their artmaking or running their business.

Pros:

Photoshop keeps its core functions easily accessible and adds new, more automated features. The ability to access learning content about photoshop as you use the program is beneficial and rather brilliant. You don't have to stop and watch videos elsewhere to learn how to use a new tool or pull-down menu!

Cons:

There are a dizzying number of pull-down menus and added features. So finding more core functions can take a little longer. The monthly fees are still a drag, but the Photoshop/Lightroom mini bundle is relatively cheap, compared to the full Adobe Suite, so it is a blessing for photographers.

Eric
Welder in US
Oil & Energy, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Adobe photoshop essential editing.

5.0 last week New

Comments: Excellent i use this software in both my private and professional endeavors

Pros:

The comprehensive set of tools and adjustments that can be made both manually and automatically are excellent.

Cons:

Its a little learning curve to learn to use the software effectively .

Richard
Partner in US
Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

It consistently hangs and you lose your work

Comments: It reminds me of that Guns n' Roses song: "Used To Love Her".

Pros:

It used to be a stable software product. I used it a -lot- for cleaning up images, editing images for product reviews, etc. It was an every day tool. Those were the days. It was so good that I still launch it every now and then to see is I can get something done before it freezes. Sometimes it even works out - like when I can use magic wand to select the background, make it transparent, then save the image fast before the program hangs.

Cons:

It freezes. Usually it freezes during the first or second editing operation. I have uninstalled and reinstalled dozens of times. I've tried different versions. For a while, an old version was OK, then it seemed to loose compatibility with the libraries or something in the rest of Adobe creative suite. Now it freezes too. I've gone through as much of the online help as I could find to see if anything would help. Nope. For the past year, maybe year and a half, this has not been a stable program. That makes it pretty useless. I live in dread of when Adobe breaks more of the programs in its creative suite. I guess I should be planning for that now. I so very much love InDesign, but I know they will make it unusable eventually.

Emmanuel
Graphic designer in Nigeria
Graphic Design, Self Employed

A Creative Revolution

Comments: Overall, my experience with Photoshop has been very positive. I've been using it for many years, and it's been great to see how the program has evolved and expanded over time. While it can be complex and challenging to learn, the rewards of mastering the program are well worth the effort. The ability to create and edit images with such precision and control is truly amazing. And I love the sense of creativity and expression that Photoshop allows me to explore. It's definitely a program that has changed my life and my career for the better.

Pros:

There are so many things to love about Adobe Photoshop, but if I had to pick just one, I'd say it's the flexibility and versatility of the program. It can be used for such a wide range of tasks, from simple image editing to complex graphic design. And with the huge selection of tools, filters, and effects, the possibilities are endless. It's a program that can grow and evolve with you, as your skills and needs change over time.

Cons:

While Photoshop is a powerful and versatile program, it does have its drawbacks. One of the biggest issues is the steep learning curve. With so many features and options, it can be overwhelming for beginners to get started. And even experienced users can find it challenging to keep up with all the latest features and updates.

Krystian
Planner in UK
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

King of editing

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The wide range of tools and futures avaliable when editing

Cons:

The cost its a bit high but i guess you have to pay extra for better

Justin
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Adobe Photoshop: An Industry Standard for So Many Reasons

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I can't operate my business without Photoshop. Although there are always improvements to be made, I've noticed that Adobe has been on top of addressing necessary updates with each new version release.

Pros:

I liked that it not only is a part of the Adobe Creative Suite, but is an integrated piece. Meaning, I have the ability to move from one software to Photoshop (and vice versa) without losing quality or formatting.

Cons:

I still wish that Adobe would further standardize the meny functions. Each program within the suite has similar cross over tools, but they are often found in different places within each program and sometimes referred to with different titles.

Karly
teacher in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Photo editing powerhouse

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall I love Photoshop. I am still learning it as there are just so many things that you can do with it. I mainly use Photoshop for editing photos and I absolutely love the actions for editing. It takes out so much tedious work as I'm editing. I have yet to find a comparable editing app. Other ones that I've tried allow basic edits, but none that meet the detailed edits that Photoshop allows. Although Photoshop is a powerhouse, even beginning users can easily use it with the built in automatic edits. It's perfect for basic edits, but also advanced editing. Plus there are so many tutorials for various Photoshop uses that even if you are unsure of how to do something, you can usually find a tutorial.

Pros:

Photoshop has all of the tools to not only edit your photos but create graphic designs and creative artwork. I have held onto Photoshop over other photo editing apps because of the actions that I have. They streamline my workflow and make editing SO much easier.

Cons:

The price and that now you can't have the standalone version. I am still using Photoshop CS6 but I am unable to update my Mac to the current operating system as then I would lose CS6. I am not a fan of subscription services so I haven't converted to the cloud services.

Neil
Landscape Technician in UK
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

Photoshop – Simply the Best Image Editing Software

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: We have been using Photoshop for well over 20 years and I think that says it all, we wouldn't choose anything else to get the job done.

Pros:

Photoshop simply gets the work done, it is the industry standard imaging editing software and has the tools and features we need to complete the task, our coloured drawings depend on it. The new AI features are amazing and we are starting to use them with some fantastic results.

Cons:

Photoshop is simply the best, but obviously it does come at a cost, but in our opinion the benefits far outweigh this, as without Photoshop our workflow just wouldn't be the same.

Gary
Gary
Owner in Canada
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Creative Powerhouse: Adobe Photoshop Rocks!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Adobe Photoshop has been an invaluable asset for my business. Its comprehensive set of tools simplifies image editing and design tasks, enabling us to create polished graphics with ease. The intuitive interface makes navigation straightforward, even for beginners. Whether we're retouching photos or designing marketing materials, Photoshop consistently delivers exceptional results. It's a reliable tool that has significantly enhanced our workflow and helped us maintain a professional standard in our visual content.

Cons:

Learning curve can be steep for beginners.

Elle
Elle
Company owner in Spain
Design, Self Employed

A vital component of everday life in the office

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall I enjoy using Photoshop. It does exactly what I need it to do... and I estimate that I only use about 10% of its capabilities.

Pros:

Other design programmes come and go, but I've been using Adobe Photoshop for many years now. In my opinion it remains the best in terms of the ease of use and its capabilities. Long may it continue!

Cons:

I can't say that there is anything I don't like about Photoshop. Maybe bring the price down somewhat, but that's it.

Ryan
Ryan
HR Manager in Pakistan
Graphic Design, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Photo Editing and the best Photography Software

Comments: Overall, my experience with Adobe Photoshop is terrific. I mostly used for photo editing and manipulation and it does an excellent job. It is easy to use, light on the computer, and loads images fast. I get images files in different formats but Photoshop handles everything very well.

Pros:

I love everything about Adobe Photoshop. I mostly use it for photo editing. I have team of graphic designers that share their work with me. I have to check it for quality and correction. I love how easy it is to drag and drop images in Photoshop and do small/large adjustment. It has a variety to tools that are pretty easy to use. It supports many different file formats and processes really fast. Pre-built Templates, photo library, filters, and layers are some of the features that I particularly like. It works equally good on Windows and Mac.

Cons:

It offers less support for vector images. That was the reason that I had to opt for Illustrator. Other than that, I think it does a great job.

Dragan
Content Manager in Serbia
Import & Export, 2–10 Employees

Still most expensive, and still the best and most reliable

Comments: Overall, Photoshop is still my go-to when it comes to editing. I enjoy working in it.
At first, it was a little hard to get a hang of all the features, but once I started learning from experts on YT, it became a lot easier.
Although it's a little pricey compared to other programs, I believe it is still the most reliable and most versatile platform there is.

Pros:

Photoshop is the most versatile program for photo editing. The range alone makes it worthwhile, and provides for excellent service. I like the pre-set features, but also the ability to customize most of them. Additionally, it is the industry standard, and as such, it it important for everyone dealing with content, marketing, graphic design. Recent updates to the Creative Cloud ensured its stability, so it's probably the safest program for your work. Additionally, there is a rich community that teaches you how to use all the tools in new ways.

Cons:

The program itself is still a little pricey compared to similar programs, but I managed to get it on a student discount subscription. It takes a while to get a hang on, but once you have a few tools, and learn how to expand on those, it becomes pretty self-explanatory.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Creative Designer in Canada
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Industry Leader for a Reason

Comments: Photoshop has been my bread and butter editing app for decades. Its controls and keyboard shortcuts are so second-nature to me now, that it's hard to imagine using anything else. That being said, PS is bloated and sluggish sometimes, and speedy, lighter apps like Affinity Photo are nipping at Adobe's heels.

Pros:

Photoshop invented digital image editing and it's no surprise that users like myself have stuck with it for 20 years. Photoshop can be easy for a beginner, but the level of control for a professional is unrivalled. And its new AI features are making tedious things like object-masking and portraits a breeze.

Cons:

Adobe software is bloated and sluggish sometimes. The application files are massive, and users will find themselves staring at a splash screen for a long time before the application loads. Save as/Export dialogs are very sluggish. The whole Adobe Cloud subscription model is expensive, with an invasive background app that is very difficult to uninstall.

Cushi
Cushi
Owner in Bermuda
E-Learning, Self Employed

My Favorite graphic design and image editing software

Comments: I use Photoshop to make graphics for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, website design, business cards, t-shirts and more. Almost any visual creation that my business requires is made by me in Photoshop. I also still do some freelance designing, and photoshop is always my go-to. It's reliable, powerful, technical and feature-rich. The only reason I would not recommend it as a first choice to most people is because most people are looking for an easier to use solution like Canva.

Pros:

I love that photoshop is accessible at $9.99 per month with lightroom and storage as a part of the package. I love the endless tools and various ways to combine them to create masterpieces. Photoshop gives the user complete control over their artwork, as opposed to say, a Canva. Photoshop is definitely for professionals who want full technical control over their work.

Cons:

What I like least is that the only option for integrated cloud storage is Adobe's Creative Cloud. Having the ability to save directly to Google Drive - or any other major cloud platform would be an invaluable timesaver and productivity booster.

Rafael
Lead Game Designer in Switzerland
Computer Games, 2–10 Employees

A Comprehensive Review of Adobe Photoshop: A Must-Have Tool for Creative Professionals

Comments: Overall, my experience with Adobe Photoshop has been positive. It's a powerful and feature-rich software that has helped me create professional-quality images and designs. While it may take some time to learn all of its features, the investment is well worth it for anyone working in the creative field.

Pros:

One of the things I liked most about Adobe Photoshop is its extensive selection of tools for editing and enhancing images.

Cons:

One thing I liked least about the software is that it can be quite complex and overwhelming for beginners to learn.

adam
graphic designer in Tunisia
Design, Self Employed

If you're at work or just having fun, you may change the image as you wish.

Comments: Overall, I've had a terrific time with Photoshop. I would strongly suggest it, and the fact that it includes a tool suite subscription makes it well worth the money.

Pros:

Photoshop pioneered digital image editing, so it's no wonder that users such as me have persisted with it for the past two decades. For a novice, Photoshop is simple, but for an expert, the amount of control is unrivaled. And its new AI features make tasks like object masking and portraiture much easier.

Cons:

In Photoshop, there isn't anything I wouldn't be satisfied with. Some features, such as auto-cropping photographs to remove the background, aren't perfect, but they're still better than the majority of other options.

Lindsay
Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

If you're a serious designer-- you need this program

Comments: I will continue to use Photoshop as it's unmatched in the design world. If there are ever any questions or concerns on how to complete a design task, there is a very robust online community, forums and tutorials at my fingertips.

Pros:

I love everything about Photoshop. I've used this program for over 15 years and it has become an essential in my design business. I love that the development team keeps adding more and efficient updates and tools. The program continues to improve year after year. There are many tools and actions that make designing and editing a snap.

Cons:

Can't say I have any complaints related directly to the software.

Ni Made Cristina
Freelancer in Indonesia
Computer Software, Self Employed

Adobe Photoshop - Make All Your Picture to be Fantastic!

Comments: Adobe Photoshop or commonly abbreviated as Photoshop is software that is the creation of Adobe Systems which is specifically aimed at those who want to do photo editing and create certain effects to get impressive shots.
Because of the level of convenience and also the many features in the software, many digital photographers and advertising companies rely on the following services to work on their projects. Thus, it is not surprising that Photoshop has now succeeded in becoming the market leader in photo editors.
Basically, the main function of this image processing application is to edit photos or images with raster or bitmap types. However, as an image editing application, its functions can be more specific, such as improving image results, engineering, to creating new image designs according to demand.
To beautify itself, there are various things that can be used by users (me), including fixing color saturation, smoothing objects, drawing certain parts, adding visualization effects, and many others. Due to someone's skill at creating a photo with Photoshop, other people can be amazed by creator's work.

Pros:

Able to produce more satisfying images, it has complete and quality features. Can make writing with the effect I want, and look different from other forms of writing. Can be used for design or image editing Can be used to process web material. Whether it's the basic mapping of a website, banner ads, or even small things like image management that I want to use as a feature image on a web, it can be managed first with the following application. It is familiar, and has always been a mainstay by several groups More complete editing facilities than others The engineering result looks like the original without any edits Able to create a higher quality effect, even though previously there were too many effects Compatible with several types of image formats.

Cons:

It takes a long time to learn to become proficient in mastering all the features available in an image processing application. Layers can only be understood by the creator (myself), because if there are so many, of course other people who will continue my work will be quite confused. Even though it has been given an appropriate name, I still have to get used to it for some time to learn it Not suitable in making magazines or brochures, because it is not reliable in making paragraphs with a large number of words. The size required is too big too, moreover, there are many layers that are inputted in a certain project with high quality. The required storage file can be up to GB. When used to print results, the paper used is relatively difficult The required resources are quite high, so not all people can use the following software smoothly, because of CPU, RAM, to VGA and GPU limitations used.

Computer Software, Self Employed

Are you ready to dive into Photoshop ?

Comments: When I put the title ( Are you ready to dive into Photoshop ? ) , I'm not lying to you about it, from the experience of 7 years of using it, I put it to you in these sentences and words that are not enough to express the contents of Adobe Photoshop that have much more features.

Pros:

Every time the new version dazzles us with features that the mind can not think of from imagination , because through the old versions, we didn't see the AI in the program as strong these days which saved us a lot of time as users . It is necessary to point out that it is very easy to handle the program and learn quickly with little effort . The fonts provided by Adobe Photoshop are very cool, I have not seen better than them in other programs in terms of types of fonts, so your design becomes much better than using other programs. Proofing down to the smallest detail is one of the things I love about Adobe Photoshop, because you can change, delete, and add in a way the other party wouldn't believe without knowing that the images had changed. I have to mention that 3D has become one of the most powerful features in Adobe Photoshop, you can not only use it in fonts, you also use it in images, which makes it stronger and more powerful. The program made it easier for myself many problems that I encountered and I will face in the future, and I am sure that in the new versions there will be surprises that I will not be able to believe.

Cons:

The only thing that distinguishes Adobe Lightroom from Adobe Photoshop is copy-and-paste to adjust colors with one button and groups of images at once I wish Photoshop had this feature like Lightroom, because at that time the program would be complete and flawless.

Gaia
Gaia
Social Media Manager in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

The best software for professional photo editing

Pros:

There are many pros to Adobe Photoshop. One of the most popular reasons people cite for using Adobe Photoshop is its ability to easily edit photos and graphics. Additionally, it offers a wide variety of tools and features that can be used to create professional-looking images. Finally, Adobe Photoshop is often cited as being one of the most versatile photo editing programs on the market. It seamlessly integrates with other major Adobe products, making advanced workflows easier.

Cons:

Adobe Photoshop has some cons that users should be aware of. First, Adobe Photoshop can be resource-intensive to use and can take a long time to load in certain circumstances. Adobe Photoshop is often expensive to purchase outright, with monthly subscription fees also common. Finally, Adobe Photoshop is known for its heavy reliance on plug-ins - which may not always be available in all versions or platforms of Windows or Mac OS X. It can quickly become overwhelming because it's extremely feature-rich, but for the advanced workflow, you need to comprehend how those features interact with each other.

Liza
Freelancer in US

A Love Hate Relationship

Comments: I have a love-hate relationship with Photoshop. It is the industry standard of photo editing and graphic design and I would not be able to get many design jobs without having this crucial skill/knowledge. The tools are very advanced which is a good and bad thing at times. It's great for crafting professional projects that require customizable tools, workflows, and automation, but this comes at a high learning curve. You have the ability to use Photoshop however you want, but this was something I found overwhelming at times. Taking full advantage of Photoshop's advanced software requires many hours of learning complex concepts. I used Photoshop for about 5-6 years and I still don't know half the many tricks I now see across social media. I stopped using it since the pandemic and the apps were getting too expensive. I still use it here and there if a client provides me compensation or sometimes I borrow a friend's computer. I do think that this is the best photo editing software out there. I have created my best work with Photoshop. It was a difficult quit, but my finances cannot keep up with this as a freelance gig and hobby.

Pros:

Even though I have to stop using Photoshop temporarily, it is one of the best photo editing and graphic designing software out there. It took a while to learn at a proficient level but once I got the hang of it, I found myself using it almost daily. Every time I open the app, I always learn something new and improve my design and editing skills. My favorite part of using the app was when I figured out how to make workflows, and templates, using embedded files to help me design faster. Making templates then turned into a side hustle opportunity where I was able to sell them as digital products and earn some extra money.

Cons:

The pricing plans started to become too high for me during the pandemic. I had to find cheaper or free alternatives to edit photos and create designs. Ideally, I would love to purchase some sort of licensing or alternative pricing plan rather than the current subscription-based plans. The program also takes up a lot of memory. You will need a powerful machine if you are using Photoshop alongside other apps otherwise it will just crash. As much as I love learning new things, sometimes this can get overwhelming in Photoshop. It can be a humbling experience when a certain task takes you about 20 steps and then months or even years later you find out on a random TikTok that there's a better and quicker way.

SHAILESH
Freelancer in India

Valuable & Simple Review Adobe Photoshop

Comments: Adobe Photoshop permits you to make your picture without any preparation and allows your creative mind to convert into a real item/format. It has the most far reaching element and alternate route keys are not difficult to recall for simplicity of working. Relies upon the PC that you are utilizing too, it stacks quicker and alters quicker as it's extremely simple to change starting with one capacity then onto the next - and the toolbar on the left is additionally entirely available. On the new Photoshop adaptations, you can make and save your own work area which will permit you to pick just the most utilized symbols and capacities.

Pros:

Adobe Photoshop is incredible programming and each update brings extremely new astounding elements. Adobe's name itself is sufficient to demonstrate this. Adobe Photoshop is the best photograph proofreader around, regardless of whether you need to finish up your photographs or control them to your ideal requirements, Photoshop is incredible. I love the huge swath of devices Photoshop has permitting quite recently an easygoing client to get essential photograph altering.

Cons:

The components can be overpowering for another client. This product is pressed to the gills with highlights. It offers less help for vector pictures. That was the explanation that I needed to select Illustrator. Other than that, I figure it works effectively. It tends to gobble up a ton of memory rely upon your craftsmanship. Photoshop would likewise require high PC necessities all together for the product to work well. These are exceptionally specialized perceptions as the actual product is extremely incredible

Cheryl
Director of Development and Communications in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

The professional choice for photo editing and creative design.

Comments: I've used Photoshop for more than 25 years and I absolutely love it. Yes, there's a learning curve to using it, but learning how to use it is well worth the time. I not only recommend it - I say it's a requirement for anyone wanting to seriously pursue graphics and other creative occupations.

Pros:

Photoshop is a playground for anyone with a creative mind - visual artists, designers, photographers, video production/creatives, animators, etc. I've used Photoshop since 1995 (yeah-back in the dinosaur days of computers & software) so I've seen it grow and change through the years. Today the program's functionality and features are phenomenal and make the process of creating as exciting as seeing the final product. Whether you're simply changing the resolution and color mode of a photo for a print project, compositing images, enhancing photographs, animating, or whatever else you're doing, you can count on Photoshop to have the tools and features you need. I always tell new graphics professionals and illustrators that if you can only afford one digital program to start with - get Photoshop first then add on Illustrator and In-Design as soon as you can because Photoshop can provide a lot of bang for the buck!

Cons:

Sadly, Photoshop is a bit expensive and it takes a lot of computer memory and power to operate. But, anyone who is serious about good design, art, etc. will understand this and likely find a way to incorporate the program into their toolbox!

Graphic Design, Self Employed

The Best Graphic Design Sioftware

Comments: The best tools and the industry standard software. Learning curve can be higher depending on your goals, but you won't regret putting the time into this tool.

Pros:

If Photoshop can't do it, you don't need to. This software is always on the cutting edge of all the classic functions and new ways design, like 3D mapping.

Cons:

The software requires a monthly fee to use. I wish there was still an outright buy the software option.

Ndenibi Joel
Accountant in Cameroon
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Adobe Photoshop is a great designing tool

Comments: Photoshop helps me to design everything I need, from birthday cards right up to the most complex of flyers you can think of and when exported, the designs come out in very high quality. I can recommend Photoshop to anyone on any day and time

Pros:

Adobe Photoshop makes designing simple. You can actually design anything using Photoshop. Before, I had to use another application to remove photo backgrounds before bringing them to Photoshop but today, I can do everything in Photoshop. This helps to ease my work.

Cons:

Photoshop is a bit complex so it requires a whole lot of training before being able to make use of the application