15 years helping Australian businesses

About Opera

Opera is a web browser that provides built-in ad blockers and free VPN to help users load webpages faster and reduce online tracking.

Learn more about Opera

Pros:

It data saving mode allows you to spend much less data during web surfing than usual which is very important when using costly mobile data.

Cons:

Sometimes its send you a notification that annoys you. If they remove this annoying notification it's good.

Opera ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.7

8.6/10

Opera has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 174 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Opera before?

IT Technician in Zambia
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

Davids Opera Review

Comments: Opera is a great browser that i use both on the phone and laptop as it does not consume a lot of data as most browsers.

Pros:

Opera is not taxing on machine hardware and offers a portable version that one can use without having to install it on the machine.

Cons:

Extention management and support is not as good or extensive as other browsers such as firefox or chrome.

Gustavo
Gustavo
Director in Portugal
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great Browser with some issues

Comments: Opera is my favorite Web Browser, but I can't deny right now I am giving some steps toward the New Internet Explorer as it does have many of Opera features, and it is a little faster and better integrated with websites.

Pros:

Good looking interface. Free VPN (with some conditions) Pop-Up videos (a super useful feature to have) Units converter ( things such as currencies or metric units can be converted by hovering over the amount, and this is super useful )

Cons:

You can not export your personal data to any other browser. Things like passwords shall remain in Opera, and I guess this is how they push people to remain in the software somehow. The VPN does not allow you to choose a country right now as it used to be but a region, and it makes it kind of useless.

Cortney
Front Desk Supervisor in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Simple and smooth

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I liked most about Opera the ease of being able to browse and reach the destination and information you were looking for.

Cons:

What I liked the least is that sometimes the system froze which is common with all processing systems.

Mallex
Online Tutor in Tanzania
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Opera min Browser Reviews

Comments: Enjoying using this Browser as it uses less data and allows easy downloading.

Pros:

Offline and ad-blocking features are exceptional. Opera Mini is a solid choice for users who prioritize data savings, speed, and basic browsing on their mobile devices. However, if you need extensive features, complete privacy, or flawless rendering of rich media, other browsers might be a better fit.

Cons:

Less privacy and poor tab management. But all in all this browser is dope.

Cristhian Josue
Cristhian Josue
CEO in Mexico
Design, 2–10 Employees

Opera, a browser that has evolved greatly over the years.

Comments: Opera is fluid, fast, but overall, it's a highly customizable browser, you can make it entirely personalized and access all our data on any other device with opera, it has left me with good taste because you can see the care and passion that the developer team and the community have to make it a browser with personality. My final comment is that I profoundly recommend opera to the user who wants to have a fully own space and has the latent need to have a unique browser.

Pros:

Opera is amazing because not only its a browser, managing this software is a whole experience, integrating particular functions such as a VPN, a coin converter, and others, the revolutionary sidebar is a feature that every browser should envy, permitting us to access our social media, bookmarks, and many other functions.

Cons:

Notwithstanding being a browser-based on chromium, Opera can be somewhat overpowering or overcharging for the user that just wants to search on the web without the need to customize so many appearances, Opera isn't for everyone, and this can be confirmed by recognizing that this browser has more than one version, opening, even more, the gap between casual handling and customization experience that opera offers us.

Yassine
Yassine
CEO in Morocco
Design, 2–10 Employees

The Best All in one browser for both business and personal use

Comments: overall opera still the best browser i used in years, this is my 7 year since i switched from chrome to opera.

Pros:

I have been using Opera for over 7 years, and I like it the most for its low RAM consumption and battery saving features that work on my laptop. Also,  his features are unique; first of all, you get a built-in ad blocker and a built-in VPN, and you get a sidebar where you can add your social media accounts and see your feeds on the side without opening tabs. Also,  the dark mode looks great. easy to search on and easy to manage extensions since it's based on Chrome, you can install Google Chrome extensions.

Cons:

Recently, I had some frequent crashes and several unsupported websites; I hope they can fix these in the future.

Hashan
Hashan
Asset Managment & Accounts in Qatar
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Enjoy No Strings Attached Web Browsing with Opera

Comments: I must tell you that using Opera has given me so much relief as it consists of a solid VPN platform to browse the web without a single worry. In addition, the left sidebar is a lifesaver as it helps to modify and add various extensions to quick access, like Messenger, WhatsApp, and top-notch players like Spotify, apple, Soundcloud and etc. Furthermore, the interface is very appealing as it gives a big thumbnail of site logos compared to Google's browser. Overall, this is a well-done browser!

Pros:

The best thing I am enjoying in this Opera is the "'workspace''. This feature helps to segregate my sites as per my wish. Each site can be easily put under different workspaces which are denoted in small icons. Another best thing about using Opera is stopping unnecessary Ad-popups. Appearing ads is quite annoying as you cannot surf the web without peace of mind.

Cons:

It is obvious that when using the Opera browser there is an expected speed lag. However, this is understandable, since the browser needs to bypass various restrictions for each website, in order to give the expected output. If you have a good internet speed this becomes negligible, since you will not feel a significant lag.

Michelle
Michelle
Modern Media Consultant in US
Music, Self Employed

A Useable Browser Option

Comments: As a media consultant I have to have several different browsers available for use most of the time. I currently utilize Opera as my personal business browser because of its security features.

Pros:

The opera browser is based on the same framework as another well-known browser, so it's pretty easy to get used to, but you can customize a lot of other aspects of it, and it includes an optional VPN.

Cons:

Some Chrome plugins don't work with it, but I never encountered any insurmountable issues.

Faheem
Faheem
Graphic Artist in Pakistan
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Very User friendly!!

Comments: My overall experience with opera is pretty great, I get everything in opera that I want, built in vpn and an ad blocker, which makes my workflow very smooth. It consumes less ram as compared to chrome and is faster than chrome in many ways.

Pros:

The best thing I like about this software is the built in ad blocker and vpn. You don’t have to install an external vpn or an ad blocker. There are alot of extensions that you can use in opera.

Cons:

Umm I don’t think I didn’t like anything in this browser that I’d like to add.

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Great browser with VPN

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The VPN functionality is the best, it’s easy to use, fast and secure.

Cons:

There are no cons I can think of for this browser.

Civil Engineering, Self Employed

Opera SM

Pros:

The fact that they are very helpful in customer support, and their willingness to help immediately when under-reported and their courteous attitude are effective in my use of this software.

Cons:

bookmark can sometimes give errors and it can make my job more difficult instead of making it easier for me to enter the sites I want.

Masoud
Software Developer in UK
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Modern browser for modern era

Pros:

Opera browser offers you features that other competitors are playing catch-ups to implement. The design and development team behind it are very forward-thinking people who have brilliant ideas to make the browser one of the most modern and polished and yet one of the most user-friendly browsers in the market. The offered themes are very eye-pleasing out of the box and look astonishing. This alone makes it stand out from the look and feel of other browsers. The rendering engine is very fast and it's easily on par with the big names that have dominated the browser market share. One of the nice things I quite enjoy is the Menu and where it's placed. It's nicely thought through and is very well placed. It's always there and you don't get confused as to where it is and how to get to it. I also very much like the built-in VPN which makes life easier when you need to access a website even more securely.

Cons:

There was just one time that it had UI issues on Linux and the team got it sorted in a couple of updates. Other than that I can't find any fault in this fantastic browser.

Rahul
Product Manager in India
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

One of the fastest browser

Comments: The overall experience with the app was great. As I browse alot lot a and gather information related to different products in my industry I use the product on daily basis. As it gives a great browsing speed which makes the information-gathering process much easier. This is a must-try software for people looking for a data collection and search engine.

Pros:

Opera is one of the fastest browsers which is smooth and lag-free and will definitely give you the best browsing experience. It has multiple features like incognito mode for privacy, history management, multiple tab management and you can also change the themes of the app. It opens all the pages very fastly even though the Internet connection is average.

Cons:

All though the software ifew things which opera can work on are that there are a few big pages which opera is not able to open properly and also the download speed of the software can be better if compared to other apps. These features can be improved on the software.

Christopher
Student in Mexico
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

A useful navigator

Pros:

It is a fairly easy to use and install browser, it certainly does not ask anything to other browsers like Mozilla or Chrome, it has the same tools and uses, no more and no less. It is really only not known for the low advertising it has, but it is really a great software, it also allows you to customize it with the font and colors you want.

Cons:

The only disadvantage of this software is the use of the RAM memory of the computer where it is installed, it occupies a lot of resources for just being a browser, I think it is something that should be improved, because some computers really get stuck or overheat if this software is in use.

Rakib Hasan
Theme Developer in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

One of the oldest browser

Pros:

Opera browser was a lifesaver! I had used it for years and when I switched to a different browser, I missed the intuitive interface and speedy performance. The program is easy to use, customizable and has an infinite learning curve. The last two could be scaremongering but what I also like about Opera is it's clear that they focus on improving the browser constantly with updates rather than making new versions.

Cons:

The most important thing to say about Opera is, well, it's an Opera browser. It does what I need it to do for getting around the interwebs. Plus, the download was fast and efficient without any bloatware users might not want on their phones. Bottom line: in a market saturated with browsers, Opera Browser is different than your common ones. Give it a shot today!

Melhick Asrat
Consultant in Ethiopia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Opera Review

Comments: My overall experience using opera so has been excellent.

Pros:

It is a free and easy to use app. Particularly liked the side toolbars and shortcuts for all my frequently used sites. Tab management is simple and efficient. opera's updates always come with great new features.

Cons:

Customer service sould use a little work.

Shahryar
Environmental science in Pakistan
Environmental Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Opera

Comments: I love Opera web browser for its simplicity and fast working. Also its indigenous VPN save me from using another separate VPN.

Pros:

Opera is among the top popular web browser. It is easy to download and install. Being a lightweight browser, it does not consumes much RAM as its counterparts. Talking of interface, its very minimal and leaves a lot of screen space for browsing. Its built in data saver compresses data before loading it.on your device, thus reducing your data consumption. It also has an inbuilt VPN that allows you to mask your IP, thus enabling your aurf the web anonymously and access the websites that have geographic restrictions on them.

Cons:

Over the years that I have used Opera web browser, its has always got better and f ft

Bugra
Student in Türkiye
Computer Software, Self Employed

bs_opera

Comments: I came from chrome because chrome uses more ram than opera and pc is will be slow

Pros:

I like most about opera is most fastly better than other browser

Cons:

İt is using big part of ram. Some addition not works on the opera

kalus
Human Resource Executive in Algeria
Human Resources, 51–200 Employees

Easy and comfortable with Opera

Comments: A simple and wonderful browser with a good and optional search engine that makes my day good thanks to its features and tools. Safe browsing without ads and blocked sites. Opera provides me with everything I need as a professional browser, so I use it on all my devices, whether phone or computer. It is the best.

Pros:

This browser is easy and smooth and makes browsing enjoyable and entertaining with complete safety thanks to its exceptional features

Cons:

Maybe the response speed for relatively weak devices

Prasath
Freelancer in India
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Opera Web Browser - challenging the dominance of Internet Explorer

Comments: The experience of using Opera is very pleasant. The browser is very fast, and it has a minimalistic and intuitive interface. It has a lot of useful features that make the browsing experience better. The only downside to Opera is that it doesn’t support some of the newest web standards like WebRTC and CSS animations. The speed is amazing, and the memory usage is very low. It has an extremely clean interface, and the only thing a user needs to do is navigate the web. It’s a browser that focuses on the content rather than the underlying technology.

Pros:

1.Opera has become a major web browser in the last few years, challenging the dominance of Internet Explorer with its market share of close to 60 percent. 2.The browser has also provided fans of opera with a fast and easy way to share and enjoy their favorite operas online. 3.Opera also offers plenty of community-based features to help opera fans find one another and build friendships. 4.Opera is one of the few successful browsers that runs complex Javascript code. 5. It offers a fast, modern, secure browser with lots of features and a friendly user interface. 6. Opera has a web browser built that uses the popular WebKit engine

Cons:

1. Opera doesn't support private browsing 2. The only downside to Opera so far is that its interface is a little clunkier than Apple’s, but that’s a minor complaint.

Aparecido
Redator in Brazil
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

What I like most about the Ópera browser

Comments: I've only been using the Ópera browser for a short time, but I've heard good things about it and I started using it and I really liked it, firstly because it's a simple and lightweight browser, which is very good. I'm also able to easily use multiple tabs and access my bookmarks quickly helping me save time. I use it a lot because I research a lot, I will continue to use it and I highly recommend the Ópera browser.

Pros:

What I like most about the Ópera browser is that it is a light program that takes up little space on the computer, it is also very simple and easy to use and even so it is very efficient, I have two websites and I often have to open several tabs and I love the organization from the Ópera tabs.

Cons:

What I like least about the Ópera browser is the problem that when someone uses my computer it is difficult to log in without having to exit the browser myself and erase my data. I believe this problem should be resolved.

ifon
Chief audit officer in Nigeria
Airlines/Aviation, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Opera

Pros:

its minimal data consumption even when opening large web pages

Cons:

it cant save web pages as pdf files which can be accessed later without actually loading the web page

siyabonga
Freelancer in South Africa
Computer Software, Self Employed

The internet search engine

Comments: I experienced a lot on this search engine for many research I normally do in a daily basis and shopping online it is very fast when you search something and get results within minutes so I really like this search engine for research purposes mostly and other things

Pros:

It is very easy to install it within a few minutes and also able to use it to do the following: Research Business Marketing Online shopping Ebook download Social media search and many more This search engine is very good if you want to do other information findings since it's used by a lot of people world wide.

Cons:

Transparency and security . This software is sometimes used by hackers to steal information of the people who do online shopping and also saving information for social media this platform must have a strong security to protect the users from ID theft and other fraud issues

Shoshana
Senior Human Resorce Officer in Jamaica
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Full package

Pros:

Really easy to use and does have a lot of built-in functionality such as adblocker and video downloader. It has as the same search engine as one of the most popular browsers which makes it even better. One of the best things about it is how easy it is to customize for your browsing experience.

Cons:

Some plugins don't work with it, but overall, its ok based on the built-in plugins.

Usman
Usman
Manager in Nigeria
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

.......a better and efficient browser

Comments: A good browser that provides a seamless and efficient browsing experience

Pros:

Adblocker and VPN features are wonderful to have

Cons:

The tab layout looks oldLanguage translator not always workinf