15 years helping Australian businesses

About Yodeck

$8/mo + free players! Hundreds of free templates! Supports Images, Video, Calendar, Social media & more!

Learn more about Yodeck

Pros:

It is intuitive once you are over the learning curve. The company goes to great lengths to make sure all the industry standard tools are integrated.

Cons:

The initial set up was a little confusing - linking the playlist to the layout didn't feel intiuitive.

Yodeck ratings

4.8

9.3/10

Yodeck has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 2,707 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Yodeck before?

Filter reviews (2,707)

Jeremy
Jeremy
IT and Media Specialist in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

The only digital signage solution you need!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It's easy-to-use interface is the #1 perk that sold us. I can't stress how easy it was to setup our Yodeck presentation. The content layouts are extremely helpful in getting started, and I like how there's many types of apps that will integrate with your presentation.

Cons:

I have no complaints this far with the product.

Petru
Planning analyst in UK
Logistics & Supply Chain, 10,000+ Employees

Yodeck Signage has proven to be an effective tool

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: This cost-effective solution has streamlined internal communications, ensuring that important messages are delivered promptly and consistently across all locations. By enhancing the visual appeal and clarity of communications, Yodeck has significantly improved employee engagement and customer experience, making it a valuable asset for businesses looking to modernize their information dissemination practices.

Pros:

Yodeck Signage has proven to be an effective tool in reducing costs and improving communication for businesses.

Cons:

Its user-friendly interface and remote management capabilities allow companies to deploy and manage digital signage without the need for expensive hardware or extensive IT support.

Alternatives Considered: OptiSigns

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck: price and product quality, working offline ,

Switched From: OptiSigns

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: I chose Yodeck over other digital signage products because it’s affordable and easy to use. The remote management feature allows me to update content across multiple locations from one place, saving time and effort. Yodeck also offers great customer support and a wide range of features, making it a versatile and scalable solution for my business needs.

Knut Ole
COO in Norway
Program Development, 2–10 Employees

Status screen

3.0 last week New

Pros:

Once it is running it doesn't require much maintenance.

Cons:

Somwhat cumbersome to configure the playlists.

Amanda
Marketing Manager in US
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

Streamlining Digital Signage Across Multiple Restaurants with YoDeck

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with YoDeck has been very positive. It significantly simplifies the process of updating digital signage, which I do on a weekly basis for all six of our restaurants. The platform's intuitive design and robust scheduling features save me a lot of time and effort, compared to previous solutions we've used. It's a reliable tool that I'd confidently recommend to anyone in the hospitality industry looking to manage their digital displays with ease.

Pros:

The feature I appreciate most about YoDeck is its user-friendly interface and the content scheduling capability. This allows me to seamlessly update and manage digital signage across all our restaurants on a weekly basis, ensuring our promotions and information are current without any hassle.

Cons:

As much as YoDeck suits our needs well, I find that there are occasional delays in syncing updates across multiple devices. Although it's not a deal-breaker, quicker synchronization would enhance the overall effectiveness of managing our digital displays.

Alternatives Considered: Athena

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck: I switched from Athena to YoDeck primarily because of the ease of use and the advanced scheduling features that YoDeck offers. With Athena, I often encountered challenges in getting the content to display correctly, which required more time and technical effort than we preferred. YoDeck’s intuitive interface and robust functionality made it significantly easier for me to manage and update our digital signage, improving our operational efficiency and reducing the stress associated with managing technology across multiple locations.

Switched From: Athena

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: I chose YoDeck over other products like Athena because of its simplicity and efficiency in managing and displaying content. I previously struggled with the complexity of getting content properly displayed using Untappd, but YoDeck offers a straightforward, hassle-free experience that perfectly aligns with our operational needs in the hospitality sector.

Solomon
Teacher Program Director in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use. Lots of Funtionality and Integrations.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: We have been very happy using yodeck. it suits our needs and is constantly getting new features that have made it only better over time. I recommend it to anyone who asks me about digital signage.

Pros:

Lots of functionality and Integration. I have been using Yodeck for several years now and have found it to be cleanly set up and intuitive. They also keep brining updtaes to the sytem which is great to have. Some of my favorite features are the apps.

Cons:

When there is an error uploading new content to the screen it doesnt explain what went wrong it just says it didnt work. i then need to try to figure it out with trila and error. i wish it would be clearer what the issue was. It happens rarley though.

Alternatives Considered: Digital Signage Software

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck: Better integrations and nicer layout. Easier to use and works much smoother. Lots more functionality. Seems to be updated and cared for more.

Switched From: Digital Signage Software

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

No Downtime, Easy Setup, Just works 100%

5.0 last month New

Comments: Just a great experience, it was easyer then i thought to set it up and manage it. And it allmost never has a downtime.

Pros:

I loved the most how easy it was to setup my screens.

Cons:

There is really nothing i dont like about Yodeck. Yodeck has saved us money and time.

Alternatives Considered: Windows 10

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck: It was a constant battle to keep the computers running

Switched From: Windows 10

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: I got a tip from one of my friends that told my how awesome Yodeck is.

Raphael
Deputy safety quality manager and IT Coordinator in France
Plastics, 51–200 Employees

Replacement of basic Powerpoint slides with a powerful toy

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: If a company ask about Yodeck I will say yes immediately because with this tool you can communicate easily and faster

Pros:

With Yodeck yo ucan have a global standardisation and the Management can communicate easily with the factory all over the world and local IT can also personnalised information

Cons:

That you can not have a live view of the player through the managing webpage. Only small picture taking each 30 secondes Some pictures could not be well resize by the system "picture". To communicate with basic picture, I use a powerpoint file to have the good size

Andy
IT Manager in Canada
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Most Reliable and Consistent

Comments: Seriously, this is one of the best products I have found so far. Easy enough for someone who knows Canva to use. Set up was a breeze; If you order players from them, they come pre-configured out of the box with the settings you chose already, so installing is often a matter of plugging into power, plug into TV, and walk away. Seriously. (Labelling could be better) It is also one of the most stable platforms tested as well. Yes, random problems, but the rare occasion they do, most of the time can be rectified remotely unless caused (Unplugged the unit for example.)

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to deploy. Lot of advanced features even in lower plans. You can find if a display has been manually turned off as well, and trigger it back on. Their apps/widgets seem to work well for what we've used. Support and maintenance hours went from ~200hrs/yr to about 40hrs/yr in our situation.

Cons:

Random intermittent single display odd issues. Usually fixable by pushing to the display again after a change. Intermittent being once a month or two.

Curtis
Office Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Really the best I have used...

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Yodeck has exceeded my expectations and it's free. If we had a greater need I think it would be worth the subscription.

Pros:

Yodeck is free for one screen. We have one screen and were paying annually for a different service that lacked many of the features of Yodeck. I can customize Yodeck to meet my needs. The graphics work with very little stutter although I have video/photo/scrolling text/weather all on one screen.

Cons:

I would like to have template slides that I can customize and add.

Alternatives Considered: OptiSigns

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck: We changed because of the savings with Yodeck and the ability to customize the screens.

Switched From: OptiSigns

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: We had used Optisigns for a year and I wasn't completely happy with it. Although it had some good features it was expensive and lacking in other features I needed.

Orel
Orel
CEO in Israel
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

The cheapest and most effective solution

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Good experience, would definitely recommend, and I like that they respond quickly.

Pros:

Really convenient and fast to operate, there is a free trial, there is constant improvement and efficiency.

Cons:

When something important is improved, it must be improved on all the platforms that Yodek can be used on, for example - I use an Android tablet, and there are updates only for other devices, they said there will be another update in the future... but still. sucks In addition, I would be happy to have more interface languages, and not just English.

Dan
Creative Director in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Solution for Digital Signage

Comments: Excellt. We have zero plans to look for an alternative.

Pros:

That we are able to display exactly what we want, when we want, and it can all be controlled remotely.

Cons:

The only area I would like to see them improve on is when adding content to a playlist. We're able to group content into folders when adding media, but that grouped content is no grouped when adding media to a playlist. Generally this isn't a big deal, but when we have 40+ videos that are just for NFL and those videos are displayed next to every other video it makes the selection process a little combersome.

Alternatives Considered: Screenfluence

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck: Because Untappd was not advancing their platform to allow anything other than static images. There was no video, playlists, scheduling, or troubleshooting for specific players (ie. rebooting, turning off, etc).

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: Screenfluence was not able to display web pages (our beer tap list) properly..

Christina
Senior Specialist, Internal Communication in US
Machinery, 1,001–5,000 Employees

WYSIWYG Screen Content Manage Done Well

Pros:

I love the simplicity of the publishing dashboard. You can literally work the user dashboard from concept to publishing within a couple of minutes in so many cases. I also love that updates can be done from my phone to prepare welcomes for arriving board members, surprise parties for employees who are celebrating high-year milestone service anniversaries, and even put up QR codes for pulse surveys that we need our employees to engage with immediately. Yodeck alsoo allows us to prioritize messages. It also allows us to toggle with how long we want a piece of content to appear on screen compared to another piece which can enable our employees with as much time as they need to receive the message. Multi-Location feature gives a level of detail that I didn’t even know I needed until it was presented to me. Some locations within our footprint don’t need to see certain messages, and this functionality allows us to skip publishing to their location’s device. Being able to customize what content you want to appear on screen is one thing, but the option to run a news banner, weather forecast, and the local time in the corner is icing on the cake. It makes for a dynamic experience, drawing eyes to the screen and creating an interesting and refreshing experience for our employees every time. Finally, sheduling is extremely helpful for initiatives, events and activities that are bound by a window of time, and also convenient for me because I don’t have to physically go back into Yodeck and remove the content myself. It helps ensure messages to our employees don’t get stale.

Cons:

Doesn’t include integrations into Microsoft 365 that we want our seamless employees to see or have access to. Also, does not use locations to auto-translate messages.

Alternatives Considered: Staffbase and Appspace

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: Lowest cost for the best experience. We get everything we need in Yodeck and can easily roll it out across the world to our 30+ sites.

Matt
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Usng Yodeck Digital Signage to support small businesses.

Comments: Overall Yodeck provides a solid platform for most all digital signage applications. Easy to integrate customer for content updates, which they love, with minimal training.

Pros:

Cost, ease of use, stable performance are most important to me and Yodeck delivers. Creating workgroups a nd tags to manage content for multiple customers,

Cons:

Initially scheduling of multiple playlists which has been resolved.

Alternatives Considered: MOSTLY Generate

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck: Cost, ease of customer involvement.. Made Yodeck an easy change. I have used multiple digital signage solutions from large enterprise to simple onscreen players. Yodeck provides great features, including ,my need to mange multiple customers. easy at a greatt value. Best signage solution for the money.

Switched From: Multiple

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: Multiple from local server enterprise solutions to web based solutions. Yodeck provided the features I needed from the enterp[rise level solutions at a very reasonable web app cost.

Jeff
Instructional Technology Coach in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Yodeck IS the answer for K12 schools looking to use digital signage

Comments: Excellent product, excellent customer service and value for the powerful solution that Yodeck provides.

Pros:

Yodeck is simple to setup, inexpensive and easy to manage. There isn't much of a learning curve with the Yodeck user interface and purchasing the players (we upgraded from the free players to the 4gb version for a nominal charge) from Yodeck is a plus and a must if you don't want to fool with setup. When I got my players, all I had to do was plug them into the screens, power them on and register them. Yodeck added our wifi settings and named the devices so that was great and meant a few less steps for me. Getting the content setup and figuring out scheduling, layouts, etc. was a breeze using the Yodeck tutorial videos. And when I did run into an issue, their online chat support was there to walk me through the solution quickly. There's really no negatives with Yodeck!

Cons:

It took me a few trys to get the scheduling to work the way I needed it to. I just didn't understand exactly how it worked. But after a few tries and watching the tutorial, I got it to work and now it's working seamlessly for us.

Alternatives Considered: Wallboard Display

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck: Google Chromebits are difficult to find AND Google Digital signage is very limited and not very user-friendly when you start adding lots of screens to your deployment.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: Pricing and ease of use. I set up a free screen using the Yodeck platform and discovered how easy it was and that sold me.

Savvy
Social Media Manager in Guam
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Just the product I was looking for!

Comments: I am quite happy with my overall experience. My clients know that they can simply shoot me a message and have me instantly update the content on the screens. They also do not have to worry about turning on and off their screens which they love.

Pros:

What I am happy about the most is the fact that I can remotely update the screens and that there is a preview of what is playing on the screens. Having that confirmation that the content that is running is up to date and correct gives me peace of mind.

Cons:

I did have a some issues installing the player and having the screens link to the wifi as well as having the screens follow the on/off schedule I set. However, I did reach out to customer service and he was able to assist me in a timely manner.

Alternatives Considered: Screencastify

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: After signing up for a trial with both companies, I found that the online platform for managing the screens was much easier to use. I appreciated the price point as well.

Linden
Shop Foreman in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Great for getting started, but scalable for all your needs.

Comments: 10/10 would buy. If we ever decide to expand our signage, I will definitely be getting more players.

Pros:

The features Yodeck gives you with the free account are enough to start using the display immediately. Also, with the player being set up by Yodeck, you do not need to be tech-savvy converting a Pi or computer yourself.

Cons:

I understand that they need to make money, but there are some features in the layout settings I would like to be able to use without paying for the monthly account. Although you do get a player with the purchase of an account so it's not that bad. I'm just trying to keep the monthly cost down. Also, I would like to see some of the Apps have a little more control. For example, the birthday app will display a birthday on the date based on a spreadsheet. This is great, but when there isn't a birthday you get a blank slide or you can set a default photo (from a web page). I would much rather see the slide just skipped, like a scheduled media.

Alternatives Considered: Screenly and OptiSigns

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: Ease of setup, Total investment cost, monthly cost of service.

Systems Engineer in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

A No-Frills Review from Someone Who's Been There

Pros:

Setting up yodeck on raspberry pi players is super simple....all you have to do is download the image, put it on a micro sd card, plug it into your raspberry pi and power it up while hooked up to a monitor....Once booted up you simply add the registration code in your account. It's seriously that easy!

Cons:

I have been a Yodeck customer for several years now....any con or negative that I had with Yodeck is from the earlier versions. I've been a customer long enough to see them evolve into who they are today.

Alternatives Considered: Rise Vision

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: Ease of use and the ease of the initial configuration and setup. Also the long term ongoing maintenance was much easier using Yodeck.

Andries
System admin in Netherlands
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

The ultimate digital signage tool!

Comments: We are Yodeck for roster and student/staff information displays flawlessly for almost 4 years now.

Pros:

- Value for money: tried different, much more expensive solutions, Yodeck beats 'em all! - Use any Raspberry Pi as a player, even 4K display resolutions (using Pi 4), free players for all screens when using annual subscription. - Very intuitive to set up and use. When ordering with player you can setup in advance, just connect the player to your screen and you are all set! Plug & Play! - Cloud based and central management from any device with internet connection.

Cons:

No support for dutch language. No problem for me personally but some users would like this.

Alternatives Considered: Xibo

Switched From: Xibo

Neil
Infrastructure Engineer in UK
Insurance, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great Signage solution

Comments: Overall, this product is excellent. Yhe product is very lightweight but very powerful. Being able to develop your own apps or even develop your own internal websites that can be displayed on the players, along with being able to run scripts on webpages to automate login to pages is a very nice touch. It does make management of the platform on a day to day basis very easy. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a new digital signage platform.

Pros:

The fact that it is a cloud based platform really works well for us. Due to not being reliant on a central publisher located in a DC, the management of the platform can be done from anywhere. With integrations for SSO from Azure AD, this also provides security and RBAC access from our existing estate without the need to manage individual users and groups in the application. Having Raspberry Pi's run the content displays is a nice touch too, as they are cheap to replace should one fail and using Micro SD cards to install the OS on is also really handy as these can be rebuilt in minutes should there be a problem with the player. There are a large number of widgets available out of the box, but being able to create your own is also really handy too. This way we can build a generic widget for a certain task, then just keep re-using it for different sites.

Cons:

As with any new products, there are a few teething issues. These are mainly down to widgets needing to be developed to allow certain functionality. However, Yodeck tech support are very prompt and very helpful, so can't really say this is a down point. Just a staged development of the app integrations i suppose with any platform.

Victoria
owner in US
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Great idea poor excution Frustrating Experience with Yodeck: Glitches, Complicated Setup, and Poor Customer Support

Pros:

Free Trial. Number of integrations available to use.

Cons:

I recently had the unfortunate experience of using the Yodeck application, and it left me thoroughly disappointed and frustrated. The issues I encountered ranged from constant glitches to an overly complicated setup process, coupled with abysmal customer support. As a potential customer, my experience has undoubtedly led me to reconsider my decision to purchase a player and license from Yodeck. First and foremost, the application's performance was far from satisfactory. Glitches were a constant companion, interrupting the smooth operation of the platform. This significantly undermined the reliability of Yodeck, making it difficult to trust the application for seamless content management. The setup process, touted to be user-friendly, turned out to be quite the opposite. The complexity of the installation and configuration procedures made the entire experience more challenging than it should be. For a user like me, seeking an intuitive and straightforward solution, Yodeck fell short of expectations. Adding to the frustration was the customer support, which proved to be utterly inadequate. When attempting to address the glitches and seek assistance with the setup, I encountered delays, unhelpful responses, and an overall lack of responsiveness. The level of support I experienced did not instill confidence in the company's commitment to customer satisfaction. Considering the myriad issues I faced during my trial of Yodeck, I have decided to take a hard pass on purchasing a player and license. The combination of glitches, a convoluted setup process, and subpar customer support does not make for a compelling case for investing in this platform. Potential users should be wary of the challenges they may encounter and carefully consider whether Yodeck aligns with their expectations and requirements before making a commitment.

Mohd Amrizal
Mohd Amrizal
Cafe Owner in Malaysia
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Easy way to promote your business to tv.

Pros:

Yodeck is highly regarded for its user-friendly interface and straightforward implementation process, making digital signage and marketing tasks accessible and efficient. The platform is distinguished by its exceptional customer support, ensuring users have the assistance they need when they need it. Its extensive suite of features, coupled with its frequent usage by businesses, reflects its versatility and effectiveness. Additionally, Yodeck's ease of integration with other systems enhances its appeal, offering a comprehensive solution for those seeking to elevate their marketing strategies with reliable and innovative digital signage solutions.

Cons:

I believe Yodeck is solving the critical problem of effectively promoting businesses in the digital age by streamlining the transition to digital signage. This platform simplifies the process of creating, managing, and deploying digital content across various screens, which significantly enhances brand visibility and engagement. By offering a user-friendly interface, comprehensive customization options, and a wide array of templates, Yodeck enables me to tailor my marketing messages precisely to my target audience. This adaptability not only elevates the customer experience but also allows for real-time updates and modifications, ensuring that my marketing efforts are timely and relevant. The ease of integration with existing systems and robust support further benefits my business by minimizing technical challenges and allowing for a seamless operational flow.

Dennis
Sr. IT Project Manager in US
Computer Networking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Absolutely love the Yodeck system and support

Comments: over three years of experience with less than 1% failure rate

Pros:

reliability, we have over 100 Yodeck players through out the city, with a varied level of user experience or skill and once they have a grip on the player options I rarely have to go back to retrain.

Cons:

I wish replacement players were shipped quicker.

Alternatives Considered: YES

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck: content management and security

Switched From: Rise Vision

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck: reliability and ease of integration

Airlines/Aviation, 201–500 Employees

Experince with yodeck

Comments: Additionally, Yodeck's remote management capabilities have been praised, allowing users to update and monitor their digital signage displays from anywhere with internet access. This feature is particularly valuable for businesses and organizations with multiple locations or remote teams.

Pros:

Overall, what users like most about Yodeck often boils down to its simplicity, reliability, and cost-effectiveness in managing digital signage displays. However, it's essential to conduct your own research and consider your specific requirements before choosing a digital signage solution.

Cons:

Some users may find that Yodeck's customization options for templates and designs are somewhat limited compared to other digital signage platforms. This limitation could restrict their ability to create highly unique or tailored displays.

Alternatives Considered: MSP Manager

Christopher
Store Manager in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Super Easy To use and Setup !!!

Comments: We upload the latest news videos from youtube for our industry. we also use it to play product videos as well as sales videos to help promote our products and sales. We have even made some animated logos to go between each video for our company.

Pros:

Its so easy to setup and use, simply drag and drop any videos you need and upload them to the Yodeck server, their server then verifies that it is a usable format if not then it will automatically convert it to a usable format that Yodeck recognizes. you can even customize schedules by location. we have 2 stores and both stores have different hours. We have the Sorry we are closed sign pop up when we close by time wise and it helps to get those last minute customers finished up, we have even loaded up some music to help our staff close and clean the store each night. Easily add Banners and even custom tikcer tapes to any of your screens. play videos and slides with ease. you can even set when a video or sale should expire and when new sales start if you are ahead of the game and have them made up already.

Cons:

I only wish there were more widgets and not just graphical widgets. I wish that there was a ability to have closed captioning with uploaded videos as well so people across the room can see and read what is being said on the videos that we upload. not even sure if this is possible but it would be a nice addition.

Flipnode Response

5 years ago

Hello Christopher, Thank you very much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. With respect to you widget suggestion, I wanted to inform you that you can visit the "I suggest you.." section in our support center, where you can post suggestions for new features or upvote exiting ones. http://support.yodeck.com/forums/301815-general The most popular suggestions are highly probable to be entered in our development cycle and be available in upcoming releases.

Patrick
Title Agent and Office Coordinator in US
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Yodeck saved me countless headaches!

Pros:

What I like the most is my ability to completely control everything remotely. (I can even SSH into the pi, if I need/want.) What I like the second most is the fact that I almost never have to do anything. It just works. It updates itself, I set a screen schedule that it follows, weather alerts are automatic, etc. Setting up and managing digital signage with Yodeck is easy and convenient.

Cons:

The price seems a bit high. I know it is about the same or a little less than most other digital signage solutions with similar features, but I think the others are way overpriced. Should the price increase anymore, we definitely will be canceling. However, take this criticism with a grain of salt. We do not sell ads or make any money using this software. We use it to manage our 2-3 internal screens that display some information for convenience. If we needed to manage more screens (5-10) and our use wasn't simply convenience, this would certainly be worth every penny. If they made the first screen actually free (i.e. 2 screens means 1 paid and 1 free), that would definitely change my opinion on the product's value.