Filter by:

• Overall

About UniFocus

UniFocus technology offers best-in-class workforce management tools that empower managers to make smarter, faster decisions.

Learn more about UniFocus

Rodney B.
Assistant General Manager in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Solid platform for time management

4 5 months ago

Pros:

Time clocks and labor management synergy

Cons:

Many of the reports are very difficult to use for the purpose we need them to be used for.

5 months ago

RodNey, thank you for your review. We would like to review the reports with you. Also, the Labor Dashboard is dynamic and may suit your needs as well. Please contact us at [email protected] and we will review our reporting options with you.

Jean S.
Chief Steward in Canada

Bring Back Shift View

4 4 months ago

Pros:

Shift view in the past was an awesome time saver which unfortunately has been removed with the new upgrades, bring it back. Make the setup so it fits on one screen please

Cons:

Since the upgrade staff and shift do not fit on one screen. BRING BACK SHIFT VIEW, this is how I set up the week, then fill the shift. The upgrade has somehow managed to make this a longer process then it once was. Bring back the binocular view, so I can set a colleague up for the entire week. Old setup was much faster.

4 months ago

Thank you for your review and comments. The binocular view is available in the dropdown when you right click on the employee name. You can also add and drop shifts when you select the open shifts field on the day you want to schedule. Please reach out to this reply and I will be most happy to schedule a session to show you the options as they are built in version 10. -Regards Eddie Hartmann [email protected]

Marie M.
Athletic Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

UniFocus

4 5 months ago

Comments: I'm neutral, I have not had the opportunity to try other programs because this is what my employer uses.

Pros:

It is easy to use for logging my employees time and attendance

Cons:

There are many features that are difficult to use, for example, if I am trying to apply schedules for each employee, when you have 25 plus employees with changing schedules , the program tends to be a lot of work to complete.

Stephanie D.
Spa Director in US

Easy to use

5 5 months ago

Pros:

I like Unifocus overall. It has so many features and they are user friendly, which is important to me.

Cons:

There are so many things available that it can be overwhelming. The training course that I attended recently helped though.

Tamas A.
Executive Sous Chef in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

Good product in some areas, in some other areas it does not translate well to my field

5 5 months ago

Comments: Overall it is a good payroll tracking software in my opinion. I only use it for that feature. I cant really opinionate on the rest of the features.

Pros:

Its easy to use, convenient to track payroll,

Cons:

I wish the mobile version would have full functionality

Michael S.
Executive Chef in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

My Opinion

4 5 months ago

Comments: going well

Pros:

i can log in from anywhere, can be helpful on a day off

Cons:

hard to correct times at times, would like better reporting to be done

Grant B.
Executive Chef in US
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Grant Baker Unifocus Review

5 5 months ago

Comments: Great system. Easy to use.

Pros:

The ability to copy and paste schedules.

Cons:

I wish messaging employees was a little easier.

Zachary S.
Tower Manager in US
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Great Software

5 5 months ago

Comments: Great experience

Pros:

I like that this product is easy to use.

Cons:

There is nothing that I do not like about this product.

Aja B.
outlet manager in US

Everyday Use

5 5 months ago

Pros:

It helps with forecasting and recording the punches'

Cons:

There is nothing that I don't like about the software

Claudia C.
Dir of Hotel Owner Relations in US

Easy to Use

5 5 months ago

Pros:

Very user-friendly, easy to be at both ends of the process.

Cons:

I really have no cons to this software (at the level I am using) so the only thing I would bring up is getting the graphics a bit more exciting:)

Joe J.
Golf Ops Manager in US

Unifocus review

5 5 months ago

Comments: Effortless management dealing with scheduling.

Pros:

Easy to view scheduling and time punches.

Cons:

Layout is organized very well. Maybe it could show who was scheduled and has not clocked in for their shift and keep track of who was late/ no shows.

Malu R.

no service

5 5 months ago

Comments: no answer on support questions by text, email or phone message

Pros:

the simplicity of it and its easy to use

Cons:

the system its all good, if it works correctly

June W.
Paymaster in Canada
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use and very productive tool/ application.

5 5 months ago

Comments: Very helpful experience. It gives the user to forecast and budget as per level of capacity.

Pros:

The application is very important tool for our forecasting and budgeting.

Cons:

Accurate database should be always maintained to the full especially we are using job title as main code. No more number code.

Jeroen G.
Director of Guest Services in US

Convenient LMS system

5 5 months ago

Comments: Convenient way of scheduling love the LMS tools and I only hear positive feedback from the pack members using it.

Pros:

The LMS features, the fact that pack members can swap shifts and the point system.

Cons:

That the head of department is not able to add or to remove pack members.

Kris V.
Venue manager in Canada

User since day 1

2 5 months ago

Pros:

The overall end results on a day to day, week to week are good

Cons:

Program pulls into too much information to generate ease of use

5 months ago

Kris, thank you for your review. We would like to discuss your comment regarding too much information. We strive to give pertinent information in the management of labor within our platform and would like to learn your perspective on making it easier to use. Please reach out to us at [email protected] at your earliest convenience.

Aj B.
Security attendant in US
Security & Investigations, 501-1,000 Employees

UniFocus

4 5 months ago

Pros:

I enjoy the use of easy and the UI of using this product everyday.

Cons:

Every now and then this products has some lag issues, not responsive.

Allyson C.
Food and Beverage Supervisor in US

Unifocus is ehh.

3 5 months ago

Comments: Its only i suppose, best part is easy use and navigation for the phone app. It is a bit complex for the desktop version but not bad

Pros:

I like that it's easy to navigate. I work with lots of non-native English speakers as well and access is easy for them and everyone.

Cons:

My Unifocus crashes on the daily, a few times a day. I can use it for a bit, shut my phone off, then go back to the app and it crashes or logs me out automatically, even though i clicked "remember me" when signing in

Tom P.
Chef de Cuisine in Puerto Rico
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Unlimited Potential

5 5 months ago

Pros:

I’m still a novice user. Haven’t learned all the tools that it has to offer. I love the ease when it comes to scheduling employees. Love that you can copy and paste weekly schedules. I love how it provides the schedule information to our company’s payroll system. Looking forward to learning all of the available tools that the program offers.

Cons:

Can’t think of any dislikes. Just looking to spend more time on the site to take advantage of all of the tools that the program offers.

Linda G.

Overall, a good product

4 5 months ago

Comments: Support helps on day to day issues, but not as great on the bigger issues. I'm just a local user and the admin for my property - our Corporate office deals with the issues. Many things to like about Unifocus but not being able to get rid of old employees is an ongoing annoyance. We've given up on trying to fix it.

Pros:

I like the fact that this software can ensure we never pay less than minimum wage for a tipped employee. I like the fact that we set a rule for holiday pay and the software is able to execute that properly. I like the AUDIT tab so we can see who is touching the timecard and the Job Summary tab

Cons:

The reporting feature is less than ideal because the system can't deal with employees having multiple jobs in multiple companies. When we terminate people from the system, mysteriously, they pop back up onto the system. This is the worst problem with Unifocus.

5 months ago

Thank you Linda for your response. We would definitely like the opportunity to discuss your comment regarding employees with multiple jobs. This may be easily remedied. Employees should be deactivated through your interface. Again, please contact us at [email protected] as we can get this issue corrected.

Elizabeth O.
Director of Security in US

Easy breezy

5 5 months ago

Pros:

I have been doing payroll for a team of 20+ for just about 5 years. The UniFocus program is very easy to use. I use it daily and have never come across any major issues. If I am on the go and quickly need to view something, I use the UniFocus app, which is convenient. It tells me who is on shift and allows to me approve requests for time off.

Cons:

The one thing I don’t like about the UniFocus app is the inability to change the type of time off my employee wants to use. For example, I had an associate input a time off request for 8 hours of personal time, however, they had 0 hours left. On a computer it is easy to swap that to a vacation day or floating holiday, but I cannot complete this function on the app.

Maria V.
Director of Front Office in US

Unifocus

5 5 months ago

Comments: Overall I am satisfied with the product, I believe the web base format could be more user friendly

Pros:

Allows us to run reports in order to be cost-efficient with our staffing

Cons:

The Web base option for scheduling can not be used from an iPhone and it needs to run from internet explorer

Garrett R.
General Manager in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Most Things Work Well.....

5 5 months ago

Comments: It works well in interfacing with our other programs

Pros:

Ease of use, very simple to navigate - changes can be made easily

Cons:

The app is very poor, very quirky, almost always have to re-enter credentials before proceeding - the whole thing needs to be re-engineered

Subhankar D.
Director of Housekeeping in Canada

Unifocus area of improvement

3 5 months ago

Pros:

User friendly and welcoming mobile app.

Cons:

needs to have a schedule display option on a screen rather than just printing. Employee management can be better UI such as drag and drop to different job positions Current schedule does not show any alert if there is a conflict from the previous week's schedule.

5 months ago

Subhankar, thank you for completing this review. Please contact us at [email protected] to arrange a time so that we may review our alerts with you and offer suggestions to improve your use of the scheduler.

James S.
Housekeeping Manager in Canada

schedule usage

5 5 months ago

Pros:

Easy to use and helps be generate the schedule for each week. Save times.

Cons:

Changing people seniority date and sometimes the format is not correct.

Anissia A.

Needs improvement

2 5 months ago

Pros:

Not a fan of the software. The software is not the most intuitive.

Cons:

Not a fan of the software. It is not sync with ADP. The benefit calculations for PTO aren't available. Specialized reports are not easily avail.

5 months ago

Anissia, thank you for taking the time to respond. We strive to provide the best solutions for our partners. We interface well with other systems and would like to discuss your benefits issue and specialized reports. We have a large library of reports that may accommodate. Please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help find a solution for you promptly.