15 years helping Australian businesses

Microsoft To Do Reviews

4.6 (2,903) Write a Review!

About Microsoft To Do

Task management app that allows users to share to-do lists among themselves, set reminders, and add notes.

Learn more about Microsoft To Do

Pros:

Better customer service. Collaboration platform as well.

Cons:

There was a lack of integration with other apps and the app was not that aesthetically pleasing.

Microsoft To Do ratings

4.7
4.3
4.3
4.7

8.5/10

Microsoft To Do has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,903 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft To Do before?

Filter reviews (2,903)

Purna
Purna
Flutter Developer in Nepal
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Stay Organized with Microsoft To Do

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It is simple and user-friendly with sync across multiple platforms as well as customizable. I like having my todos sync whether I access it from mobile or my laptop.

Cons:

Though it is a simple todo app that is simple to use, it lacks options for advanced features like subtasks, tags, etc.

Oil & Energy, 1,001–5,000 Employees

To do is a very good application to generate productivity in the team

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: An experience 10 out of 10 we have had greater productivity with the program in this sense it has been particularly interesting to work with it, the completion of tasks and task lists is easy to generate, we also love that since it is a Microsoft product it can have compatibility with Other products that we use from Microsoft such as Outlook and Microsoft Planner, Word, etc.

Pros:

I love that when the program is opened it generates reminder notifications of the pending tasks that need to be completed, I think it is a very good assistant for all software developers. It also keeps a productivity count and this means that at the end of the day we can see how far we have progressed in our work and at what point we can say that we are already in a safe rest zone to be able to jump to the next project.

Cons:

There have been occasional deadline reminders and the program arbitrarily changed the deadline for another similar task that we were generating. It is a technical error that was solved by contacting support, but I am grateful that there was such a willingness to solve this.

Yurii
Yurii
Marketing Operations Lead in Netherlands
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

It is not bad enough to look for alternative and not good enough to enjoy.

3.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, it a fairly basic tool which is quite bearable for managing personal tasks. However, due to the collaboration and visualization components being very weak (which, I guess, are extraordinarily important), working in Microsoft To Do prompts me to use sticky notes as much as I can.

Pros:

After the latest update, it became much more easier to create tasks directly from the meeting. A prioritization works fairly fine especially if one can use various color tags and teams.

Cons:

The visualization and collaboration components are just horrible. It is more or less fine for managing the personal tasks, but if you are a manager or just want to see an overview of some specific tasks and the timeline, then you will experience a lot of headaches and frustration.

Christie
Communications in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

A simple but powerful to do solution

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Microsoft to-do is super easy to set up and get started with. It is easy to share list with other users and collaborate on tasks. The pricing isn’t as even available for personal users for free.

Cons:

There is no natural to-do input unlike competitors.

Samuel
IT MANAGER in Puerto Rico
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Simple, yet powerfull

5.0 last month New

Comments: Been using several years, In my opinion, nothings compares to it.
Very easy and simple to use, yet it has all the features.

Pros:

Simplicity Easy to use Lightweight Multi platform Collaboration

Cons:

Actually, nothing none. Although some users may find it a hassle to register with Microsoft.

Gianni
Director in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Cleanliness and compatibility

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, it's very much worth using if your company or team already has a Microsoft account set up. It's easy, clean, and well structure to stay organized.

Pros:

I love the clean interface of To Do to be honest. The UI makes it pleasant to look at my task. Meanwhile, it's compatible across all devices.

Cons:

I don't like the difficult of signing in to Microsoft. For some reason, it seems a lot more difficult to verify myself on Microsoft platforms than it is on Google.

pardon
administrator in South Africa
Computer Networking, 51–200 Employees

The best personal appliapplication to do

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This is helpful and simple easy to use app,it has saved my busy life and made everything easy and i enjoy almost everything about it.

Pros:

i originally started using this wonderful tool since 2020,i have loved it ever since and the transition was easy no side effects or delays.i use it everyday to keep up wih my work,plans,and recipies not that only but i do recommend it to everyone who really needs to write their information down.its user friendly, i enjoy the fact that i can set or personalised it to my favourite appearance.i love it so much that it makes my daily life easier

Cons:

It sometimes reminds me of everything and pops up the notifications on the screen for me to turn it off

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Easy list with great functions

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the feature of being able to write steps to the main task

Cons:

I like that you can't protect certain parts of the to-do list with the shared participants.

Leon
Service Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

An ideal tool to make sure things don't slip through the cracks

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

My favorite thing about To Do is setting up recurring tasks. For example, Every other Monday, payroll needs to be completed by the end of the day and I used to forget constantly. Setting up a recurring reminder is easy and ensures that I will never forget again!

Cons:

I honestly can't complain about any aspect of this simple tool. It does what you need it to do and stays out of the way.

ali
ali
manager of education in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

I suggest it to you

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

its task management and to do list is literally amazing and the best

Cons:

its costumer services is not so good and ease of use can be better

Randi
Operations Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Wunderlist has changed the way we organize task!

Comments: We absolutely love and depend on Wunderlst on a daily basis for keeping our organization on track. It helps so much when our team works away from the office most days and you want to add things to various people's to-do list as I oversee a team of people. It helps us stay productive as they don't have to waste time transferring these​​ things from their email to their list which we have done in the past and it lets me see when they have completed a task.

Pros:

I love the fact that you have so many levels to organize your list, especially for those who have different areas they oversee​ or want to organize their own lives w/ in the same software.

Cons:

I sometimes have a hard time doing a backup​ but have found that just doing it through Export.wunderlist.com works much better.

Mohammed
Field Manager in Ghana
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

zero complication, 100% efficiency

Comments: Overall, Microsoft ToDo has been excellent for me. I now have a separate program I can rely on for organizing my personal affairs, removed from my professional engagements and duties. I also love that it can be accessed ad synced across multiple devices even if they're running on different operating systems. And all that for a program that feels and runs so light weigh is simply perfect. On top of all that, it's free.

Pros:

With an extremely uncomplicated user interface, I never get lost navigating my way around the program. A typical example is how the sub-menus pop up as an appendage instead of being loaded as an entirely new page. Also, for the very light weight program it is, the system performs extremely well applying some form of AI tech in generating suggestions for new entries, that are almost always accurate. They sure did a very excellent job making the software very user friendly and efficient.

Cons:

As a heavy google products user, I was initially disappointed when I realized it didn't come integrated with google calendar. And even though I was eventually able to achieve the connection with another software (Zapier), it would have been easier and better to have it directly.

Syed Sohail
Advocate in Pakistan
Law Practice, 501–1,000 Employees

Microsoft To Do.. An ultimate organizer

Comments: I sarted using it after Microsoft lauched it as a replacement of wunderlist. It is better than majority of other similar apps due to its ease of use. I use it to remember and manage daily tasks both social and wrok related.

Pros:

I just love the simplicity and list making speed of Microsoft to do. You can keep a track of all of your tasks and organize them into various categories according along with setting reminders or due dates to them. Its simple and intuitive interface makes is easy to use that other similar softwares. Being a web bases software it enables you to access it from any where in the availability of internet on any device and synchronizes an changes in real time. Apart from an schedular, you can also use Microsoft To Do as a field note book to organize and wrotes thoughts and ideas easily. It also allows you to make sub tasks and create notes for each part. You can easily share your lists with other through sharing a PDF or the incorporated email support which is very useful frature to share agendas and group check lists for meetings and jobs with the concerned persons.

Cons:

Microsoft To Do is designed primarily as a to do app, thus it often lacks deeper features which would have been nice. It has limited team collaboration features, but is an excellent choice for simple projects and manage daily tasks.

Jeff
Personal Trainer in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

This App helps me stay organized and productive

Comments: Great Tool for sure!

Pros:

Microsoft To Do is a must use tool for anyone who cares about their productivity and organization. I use to create tasks and set reminders to the tasks. Once I am done with a task, I am able to mark it as complete and the task is crossed off from my list.I also love the 'My Day' feature in Microsoft To Do. It helps me migrate tasks already in my list on to 'My Day' list so that I can focus on what need to be done on that specific day.I also love that I can access the app both on my laptop and phone. This is super convenient.The reminder functionality of Microsoft To Do helps me never forget my scheduled tasks at the correct time.Microsoft To Do has smart functionality feature that helps detect and automatically set due dates for tasks based on the task description. For example, if your task reads 'Buy Present for Mom tomorrow' the app automatically assigns tomorrow's date as the due date, saving you the extra task of having to allocate the due date for the task manually.

Cons:

I wish Microsoft To Do would also integrate well with other Non-Microsoft apps. For Example I use Pomodoro app to track my tasks and I wish I could easily make Microsoft To Do work alongside Pomodoro app.

Ralph
Help Desk Technican III in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201–500 Employees

A better way to schedule your day

Comments: My overall experience has been overwhelmingly positive. This application works well.

Pros:

Microsoft To Do has a simple, clean interface which visually represents my tasks in a way that is easy to comprehend. To Do allows me to get an accurate view of my tasks without overwhelming me.

Cons:

I don't think Microsoft To Do has enough features. I feel like there must be additional programs that could be integrated to make the service even more useful.

daniel
medic in Costa Rica
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

To-go organizer at its best

Comments: Perfect. Gets its job done and more. The amount of organization that it allows has helped my job to be quicker easier, and for a forgetful person like me, better.

Pros:

What is not to like about this app. Since i downloades and upgraded my cellphone with microsoft launcher, ive been trying to integrate all the funtionality of Microsoft 365 with it (simplifying my life). I discovered this app almost a year ago, and i cant see my daily life without it. Yo can dive it in to parts. The TODO app that lets you choose between your daily plan, important dates and tasks. There is also the integration with planner which lets tyou have assigned tasks to members of your team, or even better, because its linked to outlook, if you flag an email its added automatically to your planned day. But the star is the MY DAY option (that you can separate the download for easier access), that lets you instantly add your workflow. You can set up alarms, dates and reproductivity if you are forgetfull (which i am). The app is free of charge, its easy to use and it gets things done

Cons:

I cant really think of anything that is not good about this app. I could add integration with other platforms, and maybe a different widget for easier accessibility. Besides that the app is perfect

Jennifer
Owner in US
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

Great for keeping on track.

Comments: Since we introduced Wunderlist to our business, we really seem to stay on top of things. If you remember something needs to be done, you can easily open the app and add it to the To-Do list and assign it to the proper staff member. As the owner, I can easily track what has been accomplished or the amount of progress that has been made on an assignment. It seems to motivate everyone to quickly get things checked off the list and move on to the next task. It has definitely been an asset to our company.

Pros:

This app is wonderful for keeping tasks organized and on track. What we love most is the ability to assign tasks to others, share information, and make notes, and work together to finish tasks quickly and efficiently. It's a bonus that you can use it not only for business, but personal tasks as well, while keeping all of the "to- dos" separate. We love that it works equally as well on our laptops, tablets, and phones.

Cons:

I tried to find something I dislike about this app, but I could not. Maybe they could add a larger selection of backgrounds.

Tabitha
Church Secretary in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Getting Things Done with Wunderlist

Comments: I was recommended Wunderlist from a friend. I am a paper gal through and through. Wunderlist has helped me be more efficient in my tasks. I can access and edit from my computer and my phone. One of the main perks of this program is sharing tasks. That has helped our team stay on the same page and work efficiently. I have used Trello in the past and did not find it as efficient/helpful as Wunderlist.

Pros:

There are several things I like most about this software. Being a visual person, Wunderlist satisfies that need. Not only are the lists helpful at-a-glance, I enjoy the personalization allowed. On a more serious note, Wunderlist helps me in staying on target for my tasks. No task falls through the cracks. Within each task, it is helpful being able to set reminders, due dates, repetition, etc. Something else that has greatly come in handy, is being able to share tasks with others in the office. I can keep track of what is getting done or assign tasks to our office aid or other secretaries. The option to print all jobs or list is incredibly helpful.

Cons:

I have not run into any problems. My tasks are not too large and this is a great program for the smaller tasks so far.

Sanadra
Nurse in Canada
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Easy cloud-based task manament

Comments: Overall,Microsoft's To Do is pretty easy to use,regardless of what you are using it on.Everything is right there in front of you and it lets you go stepp by step on how to get the most out of it.It's free to use and its often overlookedin favor of flashier task managers.I have found it to be efficient and it helps me keep my meetings and appointments on time.There are not many things that are free and worth my time,but I would recommend this to anyone with kids and have flexable work schedules and needs to keep things organized and in one place.

Pros:

Microsoft To Do is not only for business but it's great for individuals who want to moniter and collaborate on simple tasks.it lets you prioritize you schedule and has file sharing for groups who are collaborating on events or work projects.It has an easy to use interface that allows people who are not familiar with computers or working with a team.It is so easy to use for any individual who wants to plan their day or week and not forget any appointments you may have coming up.you have access to calendar,Gmail outlook,evernote even trello,slackand airtable.It's free to use,its simple and has file uploading.It also can be use with you mobile.Off coarse it has a reminder that pings in to let you know ahead of time when you have a meeting or appointment

Cons:

As with anything,there are always cons,not a lot of features even tho it has added more features,since it's first release.I have found the drag and drop function still needs improvement and the add to my day feature only allows me to add a project for that day and not upcoming events which has to be applied separately and doesnt integrate with some of microsoft products.

Have things to do? Wunderlist will keep you on track and get your to do list done!

Comments: Keeps me organized so I have more time to work and spend less time looking for information. Productivity has probably gone up 25% (according to my time tracking software).

Pros:

I am a one person freelance business that does web and graphic design. I use Wunderlist to organize my projects. It's basically a to-do list on steroids. I can add an item to a list. Under that one item, I can add notes, uploads/files, checklists, a deadline, reminders, and star it to bring it to the top of my list. I can also create as many main lists as I want and have as many items as I need under each. It keeps me organized because I can set up deadlines and see at a glance what's done and what is left. I also use the Chrome extension "Wunderlist in Gmail" and what that does is split my Gmail screen so that the Wunderlist app appears inside of Gmail and I can see both my lists and my email at the same time. This is a game changer because I can receive an email from a client, add the item to Wunderlist with a deadline, and file away the email after responding to the client. This keeps me on track with projects and my inbox uncluttered. If you make to-do lists, this app is for you. I used to write things down on sticky notes and then leave my notes at the office and need to reference them at home (such is the life of a freelancer, we're always working). This puts everything in one place that is accessible to me at any time. You can use it for anything from freelance projects to grocery lists to planning vacations (I've done this). You can also add collaborators and assign items to users so it's particularly good for team projects as well.

Cons:

There's no integration with anything else , like time tracking or invoicing software, that would make it a serious productivity app.

Turan
IT Admin in Türkiye
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

Forget Your Classic Notebook Agendas!

Comments: A great additional support that we offer to everyone as an IT department. moreover, it's great to be able to do all this from a single point. While reducing the paper requirement of the users, we maximized the performance. It is easy and simple to use. Being integrated with other MS products already simplifies the processes.

Pros:

First of all, Microsoft To Do is a great feature, thanks to the fact that Office365 is under software and is deployable. You can forget the paper notes used in many offices. a program that quickly loads into a digital communication tool. In this way, you do not have the option to forget. It can be installed and used on platforms such as phones, computers, tablets. It is simple, fast and easy to use. Their licensing is simple and suitable for any budget. Save your to-do list once and forget it. It tracks and reminds you for you. I think of it as my speaking agent. Assigning tasks or determining importance, creating a calendar to be made on a certain date, is just one of its few features.

Cons:

We did not have a negative result or experience during the time we used it. A negative score cannot be given. It offers much more than its structure and size.

Paweł
lecturer in Poland
Education Management, Self Employed

A neat solution, though far from perfect

Comments: Although it's quite an elegant solution overall (Microsoft has partnered with Wunderlist, so they must have seen something in it), it has a bit too many quirks and design flaws for my taste. All the basic functionality is there, the synchronization works seamlessly, and the app is visually appealing, but I wouldn't describe the whole experience with the interface as very smooth or extremely intuitive.

Pros:

It's clean and simple, syncs quite well across devices (web interface and apps available, with widgets and even a browser add-on), and has some basic GTD functionality (though far from a complete solution).

Cons:

Editing tasks is a bit of a nuisance because you have to double click on a task to access its data. Even editing a task name is a bit of a faff. Also, dragging tasks is not hassle-free, e.g. you have to grab the left edge of the task strip (which is not indicated visually except by a "hand" once you're actually hovering on the edge), but when you are in the Today list, although the hand appears as well, the tasks are not draggable for some reason (I struggled quite a lot with this, thinking this was a bug, but apparently it's by design - albeit very poor design, in my view). What I also find very annoying is that when I type in a link in a task description, it is converted to an actual link that works only until you click it, after which (once the target url is opened) it becomes just text and you have to click in some blank area to make it clickable again. It's all a bit inconsistent: you can drag tasks to other lists, but you can't drag a list to another folder; you have to right-click and "move to". All in all, it doesn't make for a very smooth experience.

Daniel
blogger in Romania
Design, Self Employed

Wunderlist - a simple and effective productivity tool

Comments: I have used Wunderlist for almost a year and I happily recommend it to people who want a simple tool to keep organized all the tasks - work, health, shopping. Don't expect overly complicated features, but it's also waaaaay more than a simple list on a paper. Overall, I can't live now without Wunderlist -it makes me more organized. Precious hint: unfortunately, Wunderlist doesn't do the client work, so it doesn't replace your endeavors.

Pros:

I am that kind of person who constantly strives to do more in less time. I read a lot of productivity guides and books. I believe about myself that I know a thing or two about productivity. However, there is no productivity expert to know exactly how to make a perfect you. In spite of that, there are tools to help you being more productive and Wunderlist is one of these. Wunderlist does a great job - it lets you schedule your work in a simple way. Create an account and start using it; the dashboard is super user-friendly. No complicated interface, no additional buttons, no useless features. Personally, I love this approach. Another plus of Wunderlist is that the tasks fall into different folders: Work, Home, Health and so on. You can add as many folders as you want. Hence, Wunderlist isn't only a tool to schedule your work, but it's great for personal issues (remembering to buy chocolates for your girlfriend). I useWunderlist on my PC and I installed the app on smartphone - no syncing problems.

Cons:

I tried for a few minutes to find a weak point of Wunderlist. I didn't identify one.Probably the integration with a time management tool might might be the subject of an improved version in the future. It will be great to have in a single dasboard Wunderlist+Clockify. However, many people use it for its simplicity and easiness of use. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Melody
Administrative Assistant in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Excellent for tracking and sorting tasks! Easy to use.

Comments: I use this for work, personal life, and volunteer life. I created folders for the various things that I need to do and sort tasks into the various folders. For work, I use this daily to help me track my tasks and keep me focused on what I need to do and I also used shared lists with coworkers to track things we need to purchase for the office. For personal life, I use this as a grocery list, occasionally as a packing list, to track projects I need to do around the house and to keep up on other tasks like bill paying and more. For my volunteer life, I have used it as a shopping list for supplies for my church and to track tasks needed for the coffee shop I help manage. This is very helpful because I can sort the tasks by category, set reminder and due dates, create weekly or daily tasks, and access the information anywhere as it is web based. No more paper lists that I lose and get messing as you cross off and add things to them! I often pull it open at random times when i think of something I need to do and don't want to forget to do it. Overall it's been very helpful to keep me on task with the things I need to do.

Pros:

This program tracks all of my tasks. I can organize them into categories and set reminders or due dates for them. It is web based so it's accessible whenever you have the internet and can be used across devices. It synchronizes in real time.

Cons:

This is a good product in general, but on some occasions there would be issues with synchronization. The Wunderlist Team worked hard to fix them though and they were usually sort term. I haven't seen any issues in a while with this so they may have improved their system

Steve
Steve
VP of Product in US
Consumer Electronics, 201–500 Employees

Missed opportunity to really help people manage tasks, but terrible execution!

Comments: We were big fans of Wunderlist, which seemed advanced in its day. But now, many years later, the successor to Wunderlist is subpar and doesn't do either tasks or projects well enough to replace a third-party solution. We are moving away from it and focusing all our efforts around Asana, which can function as both your personal task manager and your enterprise project manager.

Pros:

The thing I like most is that it's included with Outlook / Office 365. It's definitely better than Google Tasks (the "minimum viable product" task mgr that's included with Google's G-Suite / Workspace / whatever name they come up with tomorrow). But being "better" than a terrible product isn't nearly enough. It needs to be so much better before you can realistically give up a separate project/task management tool. This product is a solution looking for a problem--lightweight users can probably just stick with whatever came on their phone, and heavy-weight users need so many more features, so To Do is stuck in the middle without a real audience.

Cons:

What I really dislike about To Do can be broken down in to three main areas: collaboration, visualization, and integration. For collaboration, you really need to use this product as a standalone personal task manager, because effective team / project assignments, grouping and communication are just missing. For visualization, there are so many missing viewing options--you need to go to the competing "Planner" product just to get Kanban, for example. Why not combine these two products? Then for integration, I have enjoyed the progress they've made in making it work better with Outlook emails and calendars, but it's only on par or less than 3rd party plugins that give you Outlook integration with a much better external task or project manager like Asana. Why can't Microsoft make a best-in-class product that competes with Airtable (by integrating with Access) or Notion (by integrating with Excel or Sharepoint)? Why does it have to be so bare-bones?