Filter by:

• Overall

About SendGrid

Twilio SendGrid is the leading cloud-based email delivery platform, trusted by over 80,000 of the world's fastest-growing brands.

Learn more about SendGrid

Sagi G.
CRM Team Leader in Israel
Gambling & Casinos, 201-500 Employees

High potential

3 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Has high potential, very secure with 2FA, limit the amount of templates you can have in each account and overall ok

Pros:

Easy to use API, advanced features, relatively friendly and very secure with 2FA foreced on you and every user in the system

Cons:

Customer support can improve significantly (didn’t reply to my ticket for more than 2 months, I had to approach the sales department for making sure my ticket is reviewed)

Mckenzie J.
Java Developer in US
Information Services, 10,000+ Employees

Effective Emailing tool

5 3 months ago

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

We use sendgrid for our enterprise application for all purpose ranging from notification, verification and transactional information. We switched from a competitor that was burning our pockets and had a lot of issues. the pricing was a balance between our budger and our requirements and send grid just fit into the grid for us

Cons:

No complaints. However the suggestion to the manufacturers would be to improvise the documentation for this product to provide more use case specific guidance to help users

Alternatives Considered: Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)

Switched From: Mailchimp

Abel B.
Abel B.
Founder in Nigeria
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

We use Sendgrid for many things

5 10 months ago

Comments: It's simply pleasant and we're still with them for the simplicity. That can't be over emphasized.

Pros:

Two things actually. The transactional email software was what we started with and it was exceptional. The emails were fast and delivered promptly. That made us try the email Marketing feature and we eventually dumped Mailchimp for it. You can have as much as 1000 free subscribers and send 6000 emails per month, not as much as Mailchimp is offering but it gets the job done and we love the simplicity, are there cons? Yes, and I'll get to that shortly. Sendgrid also takes security seriously and never lets you rest until you've turned on two factor authentication even when I'm sure my account is not in that much of a threat, simply not bad.

Cons:

Mostly on the email marketing part cause that's what we use more often. The pricing isn't small business friendly and you'd have to pay more to access essential features like automation, not great, you'd have to pay more for that. Dedicated IP, that I get, but automation not available on the basic paid package is kind of a kicker but with email marketing ROI, its probably a great investment but then again, we do make do without it. The software doesn't work well on all browsers and devices sometimes, it happened to us at some point but I reckon its been fixed.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp and Benchmark Email

Alicia A.
Alicia A.
Solution Alchemist and Dream Manager in Mexico

We use and recommend Sendgrid for everything

5 2 years ago

Comments: We develop software and often have to send transactional emails, sendgrid helps us protect our domain for SPAM complaints and also provides great tracking information for the emails we send.

Pros:

My favorite feature are the logs, we can always find information about a malformed email, a bounce an unsubscription, etc. I also like the ease of use and the ability to admin several domains under the same account.

Cons:

I don't think I have any specific dislikes.

Sales Team Member in Canada
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

Awesome Marketing platform for client/customer communication.

5 2 years ago

Comments: As a developer, I have used it to integrate with the app I was building for feedback of users and SendGrid played a huge role in that. They have a nice dashboard that shows all the marketing and email data and they also have some cool settings for the developers to make it connected with their own website. Overall I would say Its very nice software You could be taking into consideration when it comes to marketing emails to your customers or clients.

Pros:

They have some awesome features that make it standstill among other software such as you can send the same marketing or feedback email to all the clients in that database and record the response through it to see what customers are thinking about your product. It's also good for developers to integrate with a website as it has very nice and clean API documentation which allows developers to use it across their website.

Cons:

Some of the features from development are very hard to understand and integrate to the website. A person with zero knowledge of this software has to go through the documentation to see what's happening. Also, in the free plan, they give very few free email transactions which can be increased to make it more popular and small businesses can use it without any cost but again pricing and features are their choice.

Paul Z.
Senior ICT Specialist in Romania
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Reliable and cheap solution for use with your Google Cloud engine

5 2 years ago

Comments: Simple to setup, validate your domain, create some dns recorders and tell your mta to send the email to sendgrid API. Awesome, no maintenance nothing :-)

Pros:

After installing a server in the google cloud, we found that you may not send email directly from the machine. They offered SendGrid, which allowed me to easily setup my mailserver to send email via their platform. This service gives you have all the options, send from your domain, using DKIM, using SPF and more, even you can track your messages if they were opened with a pixel kind of solution. Never I had an email not arrived, not send nor rejected with the proper plan for my one man business. You can also use it for marketing, only I never used this, but if you are looking for a reliable solution SendGrid is there to send your email.

Cons:

In the version that you may only send up to 10.000 emails per month, kind of free version, you are using a pool of ip-adresses which are sometimes listed on a bl, but then simply contact the support to tell them about it, they will fix it for you! Be sure you setup DKIM and the other techniques in the proper way and you can enjoy there service nicely.

Rafael R.
CPO in Brazil

SendGrid empowering our SaaS

5 7 months ago

Comments: We are a B2B SaaS company, using SendGrid as our main email sender/provider for notifications to our users and also to send e-mails from our users to their users, as we work as a marketing tool.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy pricing explanation, plans that fit all needs, good e-mail template customization directly inside SendGrid.

Cons:

User and team managing could be better, in the cheaper plans without a dedicated IP address, you can suffer with delivery fails

Alternatives Considered: Amazon SES and Twilio

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid: Price, platform, easy to use, good analytics

Vlad B.
Email Marketing Manager in Ukraine

Email Marketing & Delivery service that worth it

5 last year

Comments: Affordable Email Marketing & Delivery tool with rich variety of integrations and customization.

Pros:

Rich on functionality, flexible pricing plans, good deliverability rates, API

Cons:

Marketing plans are mostly for the newsletters and it lacks the built-in CRM-like system. But it can be fixed by third-party platforms via integrations.

Alternatives Considered: Outfunnel and Outreach

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid: Poor delivery rates and lack of customization

Switched From: ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid: Affordable and open pricing plans, numbers of third-party/Zapier integrations

Rocky K.
Rocky K.
Course Building Technologist and Business Coach on the Education Team in US
11-50 Employees

Our email client backup

4 4 years ago

Comments: piece of mind!

Pros:

My course site sends about 50,000 emails a year, containing important information like login/passwords, due dates for content, and other time-sensitive things. Instead of relying on my marketing email client (which can end up in the promotions tabs, or users can mark as spam), my course emails are sent by SendGrid, and always land in the Primary box, because of it's incredibly relevant material. And it just works. It was easy to hook it up to my website, and quickly test.

Cons:

It's not a email client. It's more of a backbone, that you use another piece of software to build the emails. Which is fine for my use case, since the course site builds the email, and SendGrid sends the email out to my student.

CTO & Co-fondateur in France
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

SendGrid as a backbone

4 3 years ago

Comments: As CTO of SteerIO - a French startup which helps project managers monitoring their projects' health - I've been able to easily transform a rather complex international emails system to a fully integrated implementation. And SendGrid provides me all the options I need to reducing spam flags on my emails, securing and signing links and images I add in them, injecting variables in maintenable templates, etc.

Pros:

SendGrid helps me on a daily basis with templating, delivering and monitoring emails. I've tested other solution and no one manages to provide essential features for marketing email campaigns and transactional emails with such an easy way. I'm pleased to verify each day how SendGrid has made bulk send of custom internationalized emails simple and robust.

Cons:

SendGrid is a great product but I regret it does not allow me to see more than 3 days of sent emails' status without charging me for an extra. I'm also a little bit disappointed that checking emails' status (received, bounced, in spam, etc.) is only possible through their website and not directly from an API request.

Director Of Technical Services in US

Good Product -- Terrible Loyalty and Customer Support

5 2 years ago

Comments: For several years it was a very good experience. Then one month they started rejecting the credit card associated with the account. The fully admitted it was an error on the part of their clearinghouse and they would resolve it. They said to ignore any threats of shutting off service. Suddenly without warning, they did shut off relay service cutting access to over 20 websites. I scrambled to get the problem resolved with technical support but they could not, by policy, let me work directly with accounts. I was told I just had to wait. I finally got my company to supply another credit card for the account to get me moving again. Within a month, I had completely transferred all sites to another service provider and left SendGrid as a provider.

Pros:

The reliability and deliverability of their SMTP services were very good.

Cons:

Price. They began to price themselves out of the market. I see now that they have offered different plans. Support. If the issue wasn't technically related, there was no urgency on their part to solve the problem.

Financial Controller in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Good Product, Not Great

4 4 years ago

Pros:

-SendGrid has recently in the last year, come up with a better pricing model for its newletter service. Our E-mail service provider spend was cut in 1/2. -Easy to use. API is well put together and good for programmers. -Reporting is good. I can get to the information I want fairly quickly and easily.

Cons:

- Lacking some features / integrations we'd like to see, like with social media platforms - We feel we significantly overpaid for services from SendGrid in the past, and nearly left SendGrid due to completely being unwilling to works with us in getting something back for that. - Web UI is still a little buggy. - Fixing bugs and new feature implementation seems slow

Mevlana A.
Associate software developer in Turkey
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Using sendgrid to send automated mails to your customer

5 2 years ago

Comments: I only tested and used sending automated email sending via python and java clients and these are awesome.

Pros:

Specialization templates and sending them via code is so easy. It has very clear documentation and application clients

Cons:

There was a little gap on templates and how to use them with sendgrid's client but it is nearly covered now.

Alternatives Considered: Mailgun

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid: As the business grows, it might be better to use your own services such a task.

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid: Maturity level

Owner in Ukraine

The most reliable email service provider out there

5 3 years ago

Comments: I'm a happy customer with numerous different accounts for over 5 years now.

Pros:

First and foremost, reliability. Sendgrid never let me down, their sending infrastructure works like a swiss clock. You might want to go the dedicated IP route if you're serious about your deliverability but it's totally worth it, the transparency and insights you get with it are awesome. They have a lot of small smart things built around their platform, like the drop-in Wordpress plugin for instance Their support service is quick and to the point

Cons:

The more advanced features will likely push you to the API, which isn't a bad thing per se, just be aware of it if you want the best integration with 3d party software. The billing part can sometimes be uncomfortable: if you go over your plan limits for say, an hour in a month – you will get billed for the whole next month of the service.

Radhika M.
Software Developer in India

Best email marketing software

5 3 years ago

Comments: I am very much satisfied with the software. It helps to save time for designing emails since it offers a great feature called drag and drop facility. It take very less time to design an email and send. It also offers test email before sending the final email.The pricing is little bit when your contacts and email limit increases otherwise everything is fine.

Pros:

It is an easy drag and drop email marketing software. Anyone without technical skills can use this software for sending marketing emails. It is very easy to design emails. The emails will be of responsive so it will fit in all screen sizes. There are so many templates available so you can choose any one and customise according to your need. It is very easy to setup and start your email marketing campaigns. It also offers API for integrating into your website. AB testing helps to know which campaign is performing better. Reporting is very accurate and helps to know how it is performing. Overall a great software for all types of business.

Cons:

The template needs to be added more with different categories. The current templates are of old styles.The interface needs to be upgraded with more user friendly panel. Sometime email is getting delayed to deliver.

Florencio M.
Florencio M.
Business Architect in Costa Rica
Information Services, 2-10 Employees

Send and Forget

5 3 years ago

Comments: Years ago, every time I send emails, I must call to check if the mails reach their destination. The main feature I love in SendGrid is the "Send and Forget"... like a Ground-Air Missile... You fire and your target is dead. All my applications uses Sendgrid because when a Customer calls and say: "I didn't receive the business alerts!" we simply say: "Check your settings and server... We use Sendgrid" and the conversation is over. Aim.... fire.... and forget.

Pros:

I love the Accuracy, Easy to use and bullet proof stability

Cons:

Price scales... it could be more flexible and customizable

Chris W.
VP of Product in US

A must have if you're serous about email/text delivery

5 6 months ago

Comments: A breeze to develop with, they've thought through all the flows you can imagine and have really good documentation on how to leverage their various features.

Pros:

SendGrid is extremely easy to integrate with, if you are a SaaS provider there is zero reason to roll your own version since you'll never do it as well and the operating costs are extremely fair.

Cons:

Some of the functionality wasn't until recently easily accessible via the api, but everything you'd want is there now.

Adjunct Professor in US
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees

Smooth to Use after SetUp

5 last year

Comments: Once we had SendGrid set up it has met our expectations and provides value for the money.

Pros:

Our non profit selected SendGrid after recommendations from other groups in our organization. After we got through the extensive set up it has been easy to use. I had to create a how to video to orient other users, but the program can be used by others.

Cons:

Set up required we hire an IT expert as it was well beyond even our most tech savvy member. The set up instructions were not intuitive and assumed someone with an IT background was accessing them. Customer service to assist in set up was lacking.

Ivan S.
Product Manager in US

Our database sends 1,000+ emails a day via Sendgrid

5 3 years ago

Comments: We did not have to set up our mailing server and worry about compliance. Sendgrid would monitor reputation and ensure deliverability.

Pros:

We've been using Sendgrid for our notifications since 2013. It was easy to set up, and I once we did it we haven't touched it for years, everything has been working smooth since.

Cons:

Sengrid has recently limited the view of email activity to 3 days. We've used this feature once a month reviewing bounces and drops to maintain our reputation score above 99%.

Senior SEO Strategist in US

Great solution for sending compliant email campaigns

4 2 years ago

Comments: We wanted to send email blast campaigns and drip campaigns from Clickfunnels this was a great solution to use for our SMTP settings.

Pros:

There are a few ways to take advantage of Sendgrid. Having an API to plugin to third-party apps is great or you can create a complete email campaign right in Sendgrid.

Cons:

Setup can be a bit daunting if you are not familiar with mail protocols.

Alternatives Considered: Mailgun

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid: I had read some good reviews and looked over the website to make sure it would fit our needs.

Savindya A.
Savindya A.
Senior Software Engineer in Sri Lanka

Fair platform to keep up with your email facility of an application

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, sendgrid provide best features to its users with different types of documentation to integrate with different platforms.

Pros:

I'm most interested about this application is that it grants users to use email facility even as a free user. It is only up to a certain extent but enough for a small startup to keep its email needs full-filled. Email configuration can be done without much effort.

Cons:

There were times that emails were not delivered. But the actual reason behind that was the email quota was reached. But took some time to figure it out. May be an easier way to monitor would be fine

Founder in Austria

Suspended Account for no reason

2 3 years ago

Comments: very poor support experience

Pros:

it was quite easy to setup to use transactional emails and there was a free tier to start which is great for startups

Cons:

the reputation of the shared IP is not really good and we still landed in spam. the biggest problem we had was that from one day to the other my account was supsended because "we were sending spam". No warning upfront, no chance to react upfront - just the information the we are suspended now. The problem: this e-mail came on a Thursday evening (out of office for me) and I reacted on Friday. The support did not answer anymore so we where off over the whole weekend cause their complience team is available only during weekdays business hours. The 24/7 chat support could not help me either. I needed to wait and we lost a lot of signups during those days off. Finally I got an example from them and could identify the problem. What I worry about is the fact that we did not get any warnings and no examples. If they would simply warned us upfront we would have solved everything right away and we would not have lost so many days without transactional emails. so - really a very poor support experience.

US

Good Product, Excellent Documentation

5 4 years ago

Pros:

As a developer, the importance of clear well-written documentation cannot be overstated. In my opinion, SendGrid's documentation is one of their best assets.

Cons:

SendGrid definitely excels as an email deliverability platform for applications, but their offering for email marketing when compared to the likes of MailChimp, ActiveCampaign and, etc. leaves a lot to be desired.

Chris C.
Director in Slovakia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Rock solid deliverability

5 3 years ago

Comments: Better email deliverability.

Pros:

If you are looking for an alternative to Amazon simple email sending than look no further. Sendgrid provides better deliverability, more stats, is more user friendly and offers many more features.

Cons:

Cost, would be great if the plans started at a lower price so that you could grow with them, instead of having to wait to reach a certain size.

Ashley D.
Marketing and Communications Manager in Australia
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

One of the better transnational email solutions out there

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Sendgrid is a great tool for anyone looking for a transactional solution. Their pricing is reasonable and their uptime is super low. Has been a big improvement for us moving from a custom in house soltution to Sendgrid

Cons:

Their support is sometimes a little slow and their marketing solution is improving. It's not at the level of other marketing solutions (campaign monitor) yet though.