15 years helping Australian businesses

About eMaint CMMS

Boost uptime by 95% and hit 100% PM completion with eMaint CMMS. Get your FREE demo now!

Learn more about eMaint CMMS

Pros:

PM structure is simple and intuitive, WO system is functional and easy to progress through implementation of WR to closure of WO.

Cons:

It is web based which is part of the issues. Once you realize short cuts it makes for a useable experience.

eMaint CMMS ratings

4.2
4.4
4.3
4.2

8.4/10

eMaint CMMS has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 294 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used eMaint CMMS before?

Francisco
Francisco
CMMS Coordinator in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Trench Shoring

Pros:

Ease of Access. Very user friendly. Easy Management

Travis
Maintenance Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 11–50 Employees

Maintenance software for Absolute Energy

Comments: We have had our ups and downs, the group has always been good to work with but limited time on set up and implementation limited what we were able to accomplish, so this work continues. The team has been great.

Pros:

The flexibility to tailor the system to our work flows. Ease of use. Ability to use the software from an advantage as maintenance. Many options and eMaint staff understand maintenance!

Cons:

With all the options it is difficult to follow through the setup, Work flows may help stream line this process? Many of the eMaint personnel have better ideas and experience that we did not know going into the process of migrating from another system. This changed are procedures for the better but a lot of group brainstorming has been needed to specify our needs.

Adam
Procurement MGR in US
Medical Devices, 11–50 Employees

our experience with EMaint

Comments: Search options are great. But for a fast-paced and international service company, they were not able to deliver everything they promised.

Pros:

It does have major sorting features, which were not available with our previous software. We are a service/repair company needing to consolidate to a single software to handle work order mgmt, asset mgmt, inventory mgmt, purchasing mgmt, etc. Being able to quickly sort and locate an item is a major plus.

Cons:

We were hurried through the implementation process, and other than the initial call and giving you a few days, there was little or scattered help and customizing the software. After purchasing the software and implementation, they essentially tell you to watch some videos and have fun setting it up yourself. We have had the software for over a year and are still not able to fully utilize it for our company. We still having to use our previous software while crippling along trying to get some use out of this software and the mobile app, while still trying to get main features set up and fine-tuning others. Not that we haven't had any assistance at all. But it's back-and-forth emails that sometimes get answered and sometimes do not, and a lot of them not understanding your requests, and sometimes situations never getting handled at all. If you are looking for a company that will work to make sure your software is functioning to your liking, this is sadly not it.

2 years ago

Hi Adam, Thanks for reaching out and for your feedback - we're so sorry to hear your eMaint experience has not met expectations! Our goal is to always provide the best customer service in the industry and ensure your team's use of the system is nothing less than successful. Your customer success manager will be reaching out to align the next best steps through the use of our different resources available. Thank you again for your honest feedback and we look forward to helping you move forward in the best manner possible. Your eMaint team

Senior Project Planner in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 10,000+ Employees

Two Years of eMaint x4 Experience, Now Transitioning to x5

Pros:

eMaint x4 and x5 are best at handling work orders. Both are excellent at this. We were unable to implement condition monitoring on x4: it remains to be seen whether x5 will be better. The marketing folks, of course, indicate that x5 will work well.

Cons:

The x4 support staff were not particulary helpful in explaining how to incorporate hand held and fixed vibration measuring tools into a condition monitoring workflow. We haven't gotten that far, yet, with the x5 rollout.

Joel
Senior Engineer in US
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Best CMMS System Bar None

Comments: I have done two implementations with eMaint at two different companies and several other implemenations in my 36 years previous past experience. eMaint is by far the best product and team that i have ever worked with and I look forward to continue this relationship until I retire!

Pros:

eMaint is flexible and easy to use, it reporting and workflow function make it extremely valuable in make the data gathered accessible and actionable. This along with the fluke connectivity make it the most user friendly and powerful maintenance tool in the box ! I have been in Maintenance for 36 years and this is the best system i have ever used, customer service is the best out there and the team is awesome!

Cons:

Sometimes the the system does get a bit confusing going between tasks but the team has been working out these bugs.

GEOFF
EST III in US
Utilities, 501–1,000 Employees

EMaint the great

Comments: eMaint has been able to solve the issues of record history. Been able to go back to old work orders that had been created and read the field notes of what work has been done and the issues that were faced at the time. It further gave clarity in being able to reevaluate current preventative maintenance practices to insure more efficient practices are implemented.

Pros:

The most impactful features of eMaint is the ability to create reports to show the data inputted for the different assets. eMaint combines simplicity and complexity into one user friendly style. The additional features made it easy to combine our paper documents into eMaint for excellent record keeping.

Cons:

The inability to be granted access as a additional super user to the editing features. It has made it difficult in the way of having to be granted each time to get access to the necessary features of editing of reports and work orders.

matthew
Engineering Supervisor in US
Gambling & Casinos, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Customized

Comments: The various options for service or help are great. The messaging option is quick and even phone calls are received or return in a very fashionable time. They want the customer to get the best product for their needs.

Pros:

The software allows for easy customization to your needs. eMaint's team of professionals will help you get the product functionality that you desire. The software is adjustable by the property's administrator and does not always need eMaints help. The ease of making tweaks and adjustments allows great adaptability to situations that arise.

Cons:

The initial cost and set up was hard to serve to upper management. The overall options for customization can be overwhelming.

Brian
Plant Manager in US
Renewables & Environment, 11–50 Employees

End of use review

Comments: Very good. Customer service was excellent. Emaint was a valuable tool fir us and we would have continued to use it had we not been acquired by another company that has their own ERP.

Pros:

Work Order management, Asset management. QR Code utilization

Cons:

PM Scheduling not flexible enough to account for variances in production schedule.

Chad
Field Operations Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

Perfect for Asset Management

Comments: It has been a game changer for tracking assets and documenting maintenance.

Pros:

I love that you get all of the bells and whistles right out of the box. They don't charge you extra to run reports or to open other features.

Cons:

I wish it had a mobile app. It has a mobile function but it isn't a true app.

Barton
Barton
Maintenance Technician in US
Facilities Services, 10,000+ Employees

Having a great database with a poor human interface is like having an ultra-fit body with a bad heart.

Pros:

eMaint tracks the data needed to make good decisions. The user interface is highly customizable. I have used many CMMS systems this is definitely not the worst.

Cons:

The graphical user interface misses many of the features taken for granted by users such as putting your cursor into the search box you just opened. There is not logic to the flow of the forms presented. Tab order does not skip irreverent widgets. You have to perform many useless / wasted steps to process your work orders. The software relies on end users to perform much of the tedious tasks that you wish the computer could do for you. Two thirds of our data entry time is due to wasted steps. This software exports three file formats and imports three file formats. The import can not read any of the formats exported. On import most of the field names exported can not be recognized by this software.

Tomoyuki
Plant Engineer in US
Food & Beverages, 201–500 Employees

Great software

Comments: Overall great software. All our team members got accustomed very quickly.

Pros:

Very flexible to customize and helpful, quick responding customer support team. We frequently change form and work flow to meet our demand.

Cons:

It doesn't matter actually but this software was developed with old programming language.

Global Service Operations Engineer in US
Renewables & Environment, 51–200 Employees

Great CMMS Program with many use cases

Pros:

The software comes "out of the box" ready to use on a base level. Customization of fields, forms, and functionality (through workflows and other means) is very simple and the customer support team is always there to help you implement your ideas and goals; outstanding team honestly. The system really excels in helping you track your assets and inventory in a very clean and organized way.

Cons:

I have found that even though there is a LOT that can be done in the system to make it work for your specific application, there have been a few limitations in areas that I would have thought would be better. We are on X4 and its still based on their X3 system and certain parts put you back into X3 mode and it can be a little confusing at times, like in the pending POs section, and other parts of the purchasing area in general. There have also been some functionalities of the system that I would have thought would have been standard for workflows of the system but aren't, most though were able to be added to some degree. Also the formatting of reports is clunky and annoying at times; certainly improvements to be done with doing a betting "mass" report publish for things like monthly report and such.

Jim
Director of Plant Operations in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Outstanding Process, Customer Friendly, Magnificent Support

Comments: I have been using a CMMS program for 32 years. I researched over 100 CMMS programs before selecting eMAINT. I have used eMAINT for 16 years on over 20 different sites.

Pros:

The program allows the user to control all facets of the program. I can build my own templates adding or deleting fields. I can even add fields that the CMMS has not pre-built. Data can automatically transfer from one template to another to simplify and speed up the technicians administrative work load. I can self generate reports on any topic at any time. I can keep management informed with out their having to even log into eMAINT. Mass changes are simple to make. I can change 100 work orders from one technician to another in less than two (2) minutes. I have the ability using Work Order Management to generate actions based on preset parameters that will occur with our my having to monitor the system day to day. With the ability to set parameters on every filed I can assure that human error can be removed form the equation. The one on one support team is outstanding. I have called them 100's of times. Their ability to assit the customer is immediate and professional. In my 16 yeas of using eMAINT, I have had less than 12 times that the issue was not solved before I hung up the phone. The support team has always gone above and beyond in providing assistance.

Cons:

The process of stacking preventive maintenance schedules is time consuming. the mobile app is not included in the basic cost of the program.

10 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience with eMaint CMMS Jim.

Global Service Operations Engineer in US
Renewables & Environment, 51–200 Employees

Great out of-the-box solution to CMMS

Comments: Great overall experience from my past year and a half using the system, working with multiple CMMS, attending multiple in person training, and using their online training tools. I am always recommending eMaint to anyone that i think could benefit from a system of this caliber.

Pros:

The software has all the basic features and functionalities that you need for a great CMMS program, that is adaptable and customization for many industries and demands. There is more in the system than i think most customers even take advantage of, but the customer support team has always been there to help brainstorm ideas and best practices for implementing the system to deliver what you need.

Cons:

There are certain scenarios that the system can act a little glitchy at times in regards to the reports and report output into HTML/excel that can be frustrating, in terms of formatting not being adjustable and other quirks that you just have to accept. For example the excel reports only export as an excel 2003 doc, i mean come on that is sooo outdated, and then on top of that all the columns are tiny, and you have to manually drag them out each time, these are small annoyances. The HTML exported reports also have no page margins, so the table literally goes all the way to the edge of the page, making parts get cut off upon printing, and this is something that cant be adjusted in the system. There are other limits that the system can just not do for reporting that i wish it could. In general though, the bulk of my grips with the system are all reporting based, the system itself and its functionality and consistency with the base CMMS module is great and even the reporting is still great, just small improvements could be made to make it even better.

Bruce
Maintenance Manager in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 201–500 Employees

The eMaint Experience

Comments: eMaint CMMS is great and i have no plans to go with anyone else!

Pros:

Ability to fit our specific needs and very customizable. Also the CUSTOMER SUPPORT is amazing!

Cons:

FLUKE Dashboard unable to make changes quick for my sensors.

Stephen
Maintenance Admin Assitant in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

This product actually works.

Comments: I'm coming from Bigfoot CMMS and my organization made the switch over to eMaint. eMaint made a data transfer template because enough customers were switching away. I think every user we have has gave two thumbs up on that decision. I've only heard a few times during the transition/development process "oh that's hard-wired into the program, we can't change that" You can change almost anything you want. You want a drop-down menu here instead of freeform type field, done! The load times between pages are actually reasonable. To me it's lightning. Rarely see error messages, too!

Pros:

SPEED! Data Dictionary. Almost fully customizable forms. eMaint University provides training right there for end-users. Development/customer support communicated during the hurricane that hit Florida last year. It actually feels like a finished product, and your organization can work with eMaint to tailor it to your needs. Requestors are available to not have logins, submit requests through a website and receive automated emails on progress.

Cons:

Every once in a while you encounter bugs (taxing twice on invoices, random stuff), but I'm willing to look past that because the development team seems competent enough to fix all the problems we have had so far. I'm told eMaint licenses/how we are using licenses costs more than Bigfoot, but I haven't seen the invoices to give particulars.

Santiago
Dir. Of Facilities in US
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

Look for a different option.

Comments: After 17 years working as a maintenance engineer, I was excited to get a CMMS system that could be tailored to our needs. That would give us the opportunity to do budget control, depreciation management, etc. It was all a fairy tale during a sales call. Fluke personnel is not connected between departments. We wasted almost nine months in implementation, that they will charge you even if you are not satisfied.

Pros:

The demonstration. They prepared the system in a way that made it look amazing.

Cons:

The implementation program is a Q&A section, not an implementation program. Support doesn't always provide support. The sales team will say yes to everything but they don't even know the system.

Dean
CMMS Coordinator in US
Building Materials, 1,001–5,000 Employees

E-Maint X4 is a complete CMMS package.

Comments: Inventory management has reduced on hand levels and value. Work order history tied to the asset has shown trends to modify PM schedules to further reduce costs and in turn less breakdowns.
Very satisfied with the support team to resolve issues as they arise.

Pros:

PM auto generation, report building, asset data and history, inventory management, purchasing, work orders, interface with external sensors and user management are some of the features that work very well. Tables and most forms can be modified as needed to fit org. needs, required fields, auto populated fields, e-mail links all can be done at local admin. Can create workflows to automatically fill in data. Reports are customizable for all tables that you have permissions for. Tech support and a dedicated CMS are great. Versatility, costs, support and the application fit our needs.

Cons:

Exports and reports are tied to older office versions, uses .xls rather then .xlsx. Requisitions are still on the X3 platform. Can only interface e-maint data out by reports (cannot directly feed an ERP system for processing payments)

Christine
MMPC in Canada
Machinery, 201–500 Employees

eMaint Point of View

Comments: its just fair, accepting reality that this is the software we had.

Pros:

I don't have choice this is the system that company used

Cons:

What I've noticed, you keep on calling the IT people to help you do this do that and so on. It's not really a friendly user, You need to call IT to help you fix something that is too small and supposedly easy. It seems that they controlled everything. which is not good

2 years ago

Thank you for providing feedback, and I'm very sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been what you expected. Our goal is to provide the best customer service possible and ensure that your team is set up for success. Your Customer Success Manager would be happy to continue to work with you to improve your experience. Thank you again for your honest feedback. I am confident we can make the necessary adjustments to ensure your success with eMaint. Please get in touch with us at your earliest convenience. eMaint Customer Success Team

Jason
Maintenance Coordinator in US
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

Great Product and Customer Support

Comments: Great for tracking downtime and equipment issues, and equipment costs. Great for keeping track of spare parts inventory.

Pros:

Very easy to set up and use. Very user friendly compared to similar products. Customer support is very helpful.

Cons:

Reports are a bit difficult and confusing to create. However, a call to customer service will resolve your issues.

Jim
Facilities Manager in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Church Facility Management

Comments: This software allowed me to implement an OEI (Operational Efficiency Initiative) for our facility.
We have moved from Reactive to Proactive maintenance. We use this to monitor and manage all facility related items including Vehicles. We use this to document the Inspections and Compliance requirements of the State for various pieces of equipment to include boilers, elevators and life safety equipment. Without this software it would not be possible to manage and track history to make decisions concerning repair or replace.

Pros:

It is available to us anywhere and anytime we have an internet connection. We do not have to worry about backing up the database, it is handled by eMaint. The ability to create specialty reports on demand.

Cons:

The limited ability to display no more than 100 records in "list" mode. Printing reports takes several steps and screens to generate a .pdf report.

Mark
AVP - Equipment & Facility Maintenance
, 501–1,000 Employees

A pup you train the way you want

Comments: I have used and implemented several CMMS systems. eMaint is my favorite and I would definitely look to use them again. The eMaint SaaS product is very competitively priced with some value-add learning materials beyond the CMMS in their eMaint University add-on.

Pros:

Out of the box a lot of configuration is required with a lot of superuser flexibility to do it the way you want. X4 interface is visually pleasing and easy to navigate.

Cons:

The current platform is X4 but there is a lot of legacy features from their X3 platform if you want to do more than the most basic of functions. eMaint are already marketing an X5 platform. I only hope they actually finish all of the features. To the above point, there is a few program features not done, or they took a half assed easy approach. PM forecast an example where you can forecast calendar based PMs only, feilds like average daily use exist out of the box so it should be readily possible to forecast hours based PMs. This request exists within their user forum. My company has a very particular way to receive goods and process invoices. eMaint has these as hard coded features not configurable.

Anoosha
ISR
, 11–50 Employees

The leading maintenance & management system.

Pros:

When you need a competent Project Management Software product for your business you must make time to examine several solutions. It doesn’t have to be tricky, and can be as easy as matching their functions in a table like the one below. You will also get a quick idea how each product works. For example, on this page you can see Maintenance Care’s overall score of 8.0 and compare it against eMaint’s score of 7.5; or Maintenance Care’s user satisfaction level at 99% versus eMaint’s 100% satisfaction score. The assessment will help you see the pros and cons of each program, and choose which matches your requirements better. Aside from the main features, the solution which is simple and intuitive is always the better product. Users who want to save some time or want a Maintenance Management (CMMS) Software advice from our team might want to try out these top choices for this year: Bigfoot CMMS, Hippo CMMS, Corrigo. Helping organizations around the globe implement world-class maintenance operations with its cloud-based software solutions. Work Orders and Requests Asset Management Inventory Management Preventive Maintenance Reports and Dashboards Mobile Maintenance Predictive Maintenance Work Scheduling Document Storage

Cons:

There are some lingering things form previous versions that can be problematic. But support is there to help fix it fast. It takes awhile to get everything in the system (parts/inventory/assets) but once you do, it is great and easy to use. Requires prior experience working with Maintenance Software Hard to track inventory/parts UI can be difficult to comprehend initially

Tom
President in US
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

First Review

Comments: This was our first maintenance software and we moved from trying to keep up with everything on Excel spreadsheets. I think this is a good product and I recommend it to others with maintenance responsibilities.

Pros:

I like being able to generate work orders and keep up with maintenance costs. I like being able to track vehicle inspections, registrations, oil changes, etc.

Cons:

I'm still using X3 because I haven't taken the time to learn the later versions. It seems like it is constantly changing, although I'm sure you are making improvements it is difficult for me to allot the time to keep up with the changes since I have many other job duties.

Walter
Buyer in US
Facilities Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Wally's review

Comments: Nothing but positives. i do alot of the changes myself but whenever i need help i know it's just a call or email away.

Pros:

the ability to customize it as often as we need and the ability to do the majority of it our selves.

Cons:

The inability to change some of the user settings myself.