• Overall
    3.6 /5
    3.5 /5

About Kaseya VSA

Thousands of MSPs and IT Departments use Kaseya VSA IT management software to automate IT. Start your free trial!

Learn more about Kaseya VSA

Charles F.
IT Security Manager
Executive Office, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Kaseya VSA - Not just for MSPs"

Comments: Kaseya VSA has helped me overcome hurdles with outdated software, missing updates, and deployment of new software. I used Kaseya to locate which devices are using old version of Office and using Windows version XP, 7 and and 8 and 8.1. This has helped me in the process of updating all of our devices to the newest Office and Windows 10.

Pros: Kaseya VSA is not only for MSPs, but for anyone who needs help managing their assets in the office and in the field. I'm the IT Security Manager with all the hats in the IT world at a large confectionery broker. I manage over 250+ devices on my own, with the help of Kaseya VSA. I could not do my day-to-day job without Kaseya VSA.

Cons: I'm not a fan of the app as the functionality seems to be spotty. Right-clicking the client app sometimes brings up a menu, and sometimes it only offers a simple selection of "Refresh". This is my only gripe in the 3 years I've been using this product.

Technical Director
Accounting, 51-200 Employees

"Technical Director"

Comments: Having a remote control solution in the same web based app that allows patch management and scripting is the best efficiency aspect of this product for us.

Pros: Everything is integrated. One screen gets you a 360 degree approach to systems management... from AV and Backups, through 2FA & password management, through remote control and patch management.

Cons: The remote control feature works well on Windows Pc's, although can be quite intrusive on guest resources while active... and no remote control support for Mac, Linux or Android Much of the interface will run in any web browser, but I find that you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get it running in a browser on anything other than a PC. As soon as you need to do anything that requires running of Keseya plugins (e.g. remote control or live connect)... only one platform will work (this rules out being productive whilst in transit or out of the office unless a full PC or Windows laptop is used) The mobile management is cumbersome, very buggy and lacks decent functionality. Managing AV and Backups is probably pretty good through Kaseya, but ONLY if all your clients / endpoints use Kaseya's sanctioned AV product (singular) and backup suite (again... singular) The licensing can be tricky, and the sales team in my case were quite deceptive really in my opinion... we got ripped off and trying to get things solved here in Australia when all the decisions of any weight come from America... you find yourself feeling like just a number and nobody in Kaseya care.

Ryan M.
IT Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2017

"Powerful software, difficult company"

Comments: If I were to make the decision today, I'd choose a competing RMM. However after investing hundreds of hours into custom scripts and researching and designing monitoring.. switching RMMs is not an easy task. Consider that accordingly when making your decision. Also know that no solution is turn-key out of the box and that to make the most of your RMM, you will need to invest tech time in such R&D and customization.

Pros: Kaseya built out one of the first and still most powerful RMM tools on the market. They have wide-ranging integrations, a very mature scripting language, and a web-based single-pane-of-glass user interface that is simple but effective. Their remote control tool is extremely fast.

Cons: Dealing with Kaseya as a company has been the stuff of nightmares since I first used it in 2008. Despite massive growth, management overhauls, and continued change.. the company has and still seems to feel as though their clients are an afterthought. I got my hopes up a few times with promises of change and was let down. Pricing has always made me feel a bit "nickel and dimed". Acquisitions and integrations have been a bit buggy (KNM... you had so much potential!!) and have been their focus instead of improving the core product.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2017
Gregory M.
Centralized Services Specialist
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Great use of User Interface to keep the experience for techs consistent and still fully featured."

Comments: It really helps decrease the amount of time we spend working on client PCs and allows us to more quickly deploy global solutions to our clients.

Pros: Consistency of user experience and large feature set which allows techs to easily perform tasks while still being powerful.

Cons: Inability to use "Policy Management" for all modules as I haven't seen any 3rd party modules in there, nor have I seen the ability to apply policies for Network Monitor. I'd also like to see a way to track the amount of time various automation are saving us. Such as software deployments, patch installs, etc. I can do some of this manually by having monitoring open a ticket then the ticket triggers actions which then add time and then close the ticket. But doing this for all automation isn't currently possible and this data would help justify Kaseya and Automation time to administration both internally and externally more readily.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Bernard T.
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Long Time user"

Comments: Kaseya user for over 10 years, and only now looking to change, that should give you an idea

Pros: Kaseya has been pretty much consistent since day one

Cons: No local support, VSA not managing blackout windows and causing Windows 10 update issues with clients. Would like to use Webroot module but not as good as company dash board. Have been totally disappointed to have t wait over 4 months to get patching sorted, no amount of calls could fix the issue that made us look so incompetent to our customers. With so many opposition suppliers on our door, there is not much time left to get it sorted before we start looking to change after over 10 years with Kaseya.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Herman V.
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"NetCad Group feedback"

Comments: We cannot work without the software. It changed the way we do business.

Pros: We can do 90% of all support service remotely.

Cons: You need to pay extra for good new modules

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Shane R.
Engineering Manager
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"Great software for remote computer management"

Comments: I use this software to maintain computers and servers on several different networks. VSA gives me one spot where I can connect to and maintain resources across multiple companies and locations. I am not sure how we would manage all these assets without Kaseya VSA.

Pros: Remote management of all computers and servers. This is the best feature. As long as they are online I can access and maintain all computers on my network without actually having to be in the office. I can also set alerts that e-mail me if a server happens to go offline, which allows me to quickly respond before there is any real employee time loss.

Cons: While it is very versatile, it is not very refined. It takes a bit to get acclimated to how it works. Kaseya provides training to help with this.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Max K.
Server Administrator
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"Very nice and customization IT management solution"

Comments: I work with Kaseya every and it allows us to accomplish about 95% of what we would like it to do.

Pros: Kaseya offers a lot of modules and so includes a lot of features for managing endpoints.
Kaseya is very reliable.
Fairly easy to configure (in relation to the number of features you want to utilize, but if you have a lot of agents then it is well worth your time).

Cons: There are bugs in the software and sometimes update break things that were previously working well.
Customer service is probably good for resolving issues for small or medium deployments on Kaseya VSA, but is not great for large deployments.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Senior Systems Engineer
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"Great software, takes time to make great"

Comments: Overall the software is great, I have tried all the major RMM software options over the past 10 years and still feel Kaseya VSA is the top of the line one.

Pros: Scripting engine is better than other RMM software I have used.
Remote Control protocol is fast and has useful features like session shadowing on Terminal Servers.
Lots of community support for Addon for popular software.

Cons: Support over the past 10 years has always been bad, there have been ups and downs but overall not good.
Tree/Hierarchy for settings still seems like an after thought
Promised features that never arrive.

Bradley G.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"A professional VSA you can depend on"

Comments: We have relied upon Kaseya VSA to be the bedrock of our managed services offering for 7 years. It is dependable and provides a diverse toolkit for our engineers and vCIOs.

Pros: We rarely have problems with the software. It just runs. We are constantly asking it to do more and it always performs. We depend on it to service our clients and rarely if ever lets us down.

Cons: Promised updates and features usually take longer than promised to make it to us. Not an uncommon issue with other major software developers but they get us excited about a new release and then we wait...

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Samuel P.
IT Service Delivery Manager
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2019

"Agent"

Comments: I feel that Kaseya VSA is an great tool, however the agent required to install on customer's end still required much education in convincing them to open firewall port.

Pros: Ability to manage customer's assets including end user computing and servers including VM. Unable to generate reporting for customers for their information as well as strategy business planning for hardware refresh. The reports helps the customers for their auditing as well.

Cons: Agent which required to be installed on customers end, due to security unwilling to open firewall port.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2019
Tyler T.
IT Director
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2018

"Kaseya is designed for IT Personnel. It is hard to use, but worth it. It can do almost anything."

Comments: If you want a RMM tool to be your right hand, then Kaseya is it. It has vastly limited my truck rolls, made repairs, repeatable, and their support staff have your back when you 'must' have a script do XYZ. They are good people.

Pros: New UI
Remote Access
-KVM
--Quic and low latency
-'shadow' scripting
-remote monitoring
application deployment custom scripting Malware Protection AV Protection Reporting (on just about everything)
-devices, and configurations
-applications
-usage patterns
-resource patterns
sellar five star support saff

Cons: knowledge base is very out of date, but support makes up for it
requires a significant time investment for learning platform
updates are not always successful

• Reviewed on 06/02/2018
Bianca G.
system Administrator
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"Power management tool"

Comments: I have been using this since 2013, there still a lot I need to learn, this program gives you a lot of opportunities if configured properly. You can have hosted or on premises either way it will cust you some change, you license per administrator and per agents.

Pros: This is a very powerful tool, you can set scripts, updates, manage networks and set alerts and policies for one interface.

Cons: It can be very complicated to set up, support is good but not over the top, there are a lack of reporting tools compared to what you can automate.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Richard N.
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2018

"I moved to Kaseya VSA from N-Able's N-Central product. VSA definitely has more features."

Comments: VSA is allowing me to scale my client base at a far greater rate than I could without the platform. Automating tasks & automating the monitoring of infrastructure saves me lots of time.

Pros: I have found that VSA is so feature rich that you can do basically everything you need from an MSP standpoint. I have appreciated the prompt support when it was required & have found that VSA will really scale quite well. Kaseya gave me 2 free 1.5 hour long sessions with a VSA expert to remotely assist with the initial configuration & to go over all the features.

Cons: Sort of a positive negative comment, VSA is such a vast product that the initial setup process is quite a mission. Probably one of the more negative things is the lack of a quality iPhone/Android application to assist with monitoring alerts.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Ruston M.
IT Manager
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"The perfect management tool for our company"

Pros: Computer asset tracking, fast remote control, scheduled scans and tasks, patch management and bundled anti-virus all in one place.

Cons: I'd like to see information on deleted agents and better tracking of certain changes made to agent PCs and Macs, specifically more than a month's worth of logs.

Heather T.
VP of Operations

"Kaseya Tool"

Comments: It is a tool we've come to depend on for our daily activities.

Pros: VSA is a robust tool that allows my service desk team to streamline efforts and resolve issues more efficiently for clients.

Cons: The learning curve can be steep, and given that the tool is so robust, it can be overwhelming to lower level technicians. However, I think this is mitigated by the available training.

Ryan W.
Network Administrator
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2019

"Kaseya VSA"

Pros: The VSA has helped our IT department with our daily tasks. Connecting and helping our staff has never been better with the VSA. Connection times are fast and the reconnect feature has been a much needed addition to the platform.

Cons: It periodically gets hung up and needs rebooted, but I don't falter the software, rather the hardware its running on.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2019
Juanita L.
Purchasing Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2018

"Great product"

Comments: Ability to support our client base in one place.

Pros: Functionality and the ability to gather a snap shot of all clients and make changes across the platform.

Cons: Utilizing all the features and updates. Some utilities are not used by our organization due to training and when updates are performed, we lose some reports and functionality we previously had.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2018
Brad L.
Managing Director

"Kaseya Review"

Pros: Agent procedures
Secure Remote Control
Service Desk

Cons: -Not much changes from year to year
-Features are new adds and cost additional.
- A lot of what I was sold on 12 years ago is only finally coming to the market today in form of a bold on add on at an extra fee

John B.
Technical Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Kaseya VSA RMM"

Comments: We have had an overall positive experience with Kaseya VSA and it has helped us maintain machines outside of our network.

Pros: The software allows us to monitor and maintain external machines in one central place. This helps limit the resources required to complete most IT tasks

Cons: It isn't intuitive enough and you can end up configuring it in a way that causes you problems further down the line

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Systems Engineer
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"System monitoring and remote support made easy"

Pros: I love that the software includes a remote login feature, monitor's systems and are able to do hardware audits.
We use this software daily to support our growing customer base.

Cons: I do not have anything to add here at this moment.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Joseph A.
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"Remote Access From Anywhere"

Comments: Kaseya VSA cuts down our time to respond to our clients from any location.

Pros: Completely web-based allowing for use for anywhere

Cons: The Reporting capability needs improvement and needs to be more flexible. We pull information and format everything in Excel.

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"Nice product, but, could be better."

Comments: Overall good, but, not great.

Pros: Fairly easy to use and setup. Also, SaaS offering, so, not on-prem hardware needed.

Cons: Price is a little higher than competitors, especially considering you need to do a 3-year contract to get the best pricing. Parts of VSA have been "broken" with upgrades and time to fix essential issues have been longer than expected.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Luis omar R.
Director de Operaciones
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Excellent Solution"

Comments: I worked with Kaseya for last 8 years, is a perfect solution for MSP and IT departments.

Pros: Complete suite for administrate IT infraestructure

Cons: Service Desk solution is not the best solution

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Rafeeque C.
Network dm
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2018

"Kasey's vsa cloud"

Comments: Great

Pros: Easy to understand easy to deploy easy to get support easy to manage complete inventory of it asset management

Cons: Easy to use very flexible support team is awesome

• Reviewed on 24/10/2018