Filter Results (173)
Table of Contents
Web conferencing software helps businesses conduct interactive meetings online including conferences, training, support sessions, and client presentations. The software allows participants to share screens and content and interact using audio, video, and chat options.
The benefits of web conferencing software
- Reduced training costs: Conducting on-site training sessions is expensive due to the training itself and travel and accommodation costs. Web conferencing software is becoming a method of choice for businesses that need to conduct extensive training sessions as it allows them to conduct training online and eliminate travel-related costs.
- Efficient recruitment: Web conferencing solutions allow businesses to conduct job interviews with candidates across multiple locations. This functionality is especially beneficial for businesses with remote employees, as they can conduct interviews and finalise candidates without the need for face-to-face interviews. Web conferencing software also enables client-based businesses to loop clients into the recruitment process as well.
Typical features of web conferencing software
- Screen sharing: Broadcast your desktop and applications to participants.
- Real-time chat: Interact with participants using text chat during a live conference or after the meeting.
- Presentation streaming: Stream presentations during a web conference.
- Video conferencing: Stream video during a web conference.
- Record and playback ability: Record live video calls and conferences for later playback.
- Host controls: Give hosts administrative control over certain actions during a call or conference such as muting a participant or setting conference joining instructions.
- Native mobile apps: Make video calls or attend online conferences via a mobile app.
Considerations when purchasing web conferencing software
- Customisable branding: Some businesses need their online conferences to follow their branding guidelines, including logo, font, and colour scheme. Businesses that use web conferencing for outward-facing presentations should evaluate products based on their custom branding capabilities.
- Modes of web conferencing: Web conferencing platforms support a number of modes of communication such as video streaming, webinar, media streaming, instant messaging, and audio conferencing. Buyers looking for a web conferencing solution should evaluate each of these modes against their needs and shortlist products accordingly.
Relevant web conferencing software trends
- Artificial intelligence (AI) will help users prioritise meetings and events: In today's age of collaboration, the number of interactions an employee has at work is increasing. This trend is also applicable to the web conferencing space, and businesses anticipate an increase in the number of product demos, support calls, interviews, and meetings to be delivered via web conferences. AI, when combined with web conferencing solutions, can help users prioritise their web conference schedule based on a number of factors such as availability of participants, timeliness, and revenue impact. With increasing adoption of AI in businesses, we can expect web conferencing solutions to fully leverage this technology in three to five years.
- IoT is making an entry into the web conferencing software space: Hosting business meetings and conferences in the cloud exposes businesses to a number of security challenges. Hackers can get access to critical business data, files, and documents shared in these meetings. Internet of things (IoT) devices can interact with web conferencing solutions via WiFi or Bluetooth and enable businesses to validate the GPS location of participants. Businesses can also issue smart badges, tags, and trackers to employees and use them to validate meeting participants. As IoT is gaining popularity in the market, we can see more use cases in web conferencing in the next five to seven years.